Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jul 22, 2010 3:20 pm

acab schreef:So? I'm sure, Suarez dreams every day about Barcelona, but that doesn't stop him for scoring over 40 goals last season.
Players do that. Jol is only 1 year at Ajax and he commited himself to re-structure Ajax. From scouting to youth development. If you have that kind of plans, you don't bail out after one season.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » do jul 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Christ, some of you guys are so naive.

Jol has been on Sky Sports News saying he wanted to move to Fulham but the move was blocked by the intransigent Ajax board.

As I say, this is absolutely the worst case scenario for Ajax, we have a coach who everybody knows wants to be somewhere else.

I'll be amazed if we finish in the Top 6 after this.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... -to-fulham

"It was unbelievable [Fulham's interest]. I like Fulham, I like England, I like London," Jol said.

"I was probably a bit disappointed to say 'no' as the board wouldn't let me go under any circumstances."

Jol continued he had resigned himself to staying in the Netherlands as he didn't want to go to court to force through his switch.

"I was offered a good job, at a good club, with good players. I was willing to go there, but that's it, I'm under contract," he continued.

"We spoke about it, not only for five minutes but for hours and I have to say now, it's Thursday, it took a long time which is probably not good for this club as Ajax is a big club with one and a half million fans in Holland. Internationally, we want to do something and I had to tell them [Fulham] I had to stay.

"I don't want the problems of going to court because Ajax is too big to put in any misery."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 22, 2010 6:07 pm

I heard him say those things and felt that he clearly wanted out . Basically Ajax wouldn't let him go and he realises the only way would involve court action so he stays.I do not think this is satisfactory.

The club is in a mess at the top and the fact is that Pantelic and Rommedahl need replacing and we haven't got any money . de Mul and de Ridder have been mentioned but they would want getting on for 1m euros in salary and we would still have to pay say 500000 euros in transfer fees. Giving Rommedahl a 2 year contract on his old wage of approx 700000 would have been cheaper .

My big worry is that we are going to get a repeat of August 2004 again ie Zlatan goes on deadline day ,on the cheap and with no replacement.Man U will come in 2 or 3days before deadline with an offer of 25m euros (plus say 1m for every EPL title and say 2m for aCL just like Munich were offering for Greg)
Suarez will insist on going and we will have 2 or 3 days to get a replacement and end up spending say 15 on a non descript like Sulejmani!!!

Please hope I am wrong but we have been here before. Jol cannot be happy with the above prospects
and who can blame him . Trouble is he knew the position way back in May and to start looking to leave just 1 week from the start of competitive games is totally unaccepatable.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm

I just watched two video interviews with Martin Jol: one in Dutch (on NOS) and one in English (on Sky).

In the Dutch interview he says: "It was all exaggerated: the Ajax board wanted me to stay and I didn't want to leave anyway. I was just a bit worried about the quality of our squad, but the board are totally on the same wavelength and there was never a problem."

In the Sky interview he says: "I was a bit disappointed that the board didn't want to let me go, but I didn't want to take this case to court."

:drecul.gif:

Anyway, I don't give a flying fuck: Jol is staying, what a relief.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef: I'll be amazed if we finish in the Top 6 after this...

really, dude? is this not just a bit dramatic?
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jul 22, 2010 10:18 pm

It seems so. And I wonder what would have been the best scenario... Jol out, Mourinho in?

What happened is just the "less" worst case scenario. Ajax have some more days, weeks or months to make a good shortlist of trainers who could replace Jol. Just in case...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jul 22, 2010 10:29 pm

I got inspired by your avatar and am voting for Domenech - kidding :drecul.gif:

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jul 23, 2010 12:54 am

I was just thinking back to when I became an Ajax fan, in the very early '90's. Louis van Gaal was the coach, and remained the coach, for several years. Ajax were top of the league, and within a few years would be at the top of Europe. Since then, there has been a revolving door for both the managers and the players. The stadium has changed. The shirt sponsor has changed. The only thing that has been constant is this loyal core of fans. That's why Ko's comment last week that he would take a sabbatical was really disturbing to me. How has Ajax managed to fuck things up so completely that even the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans are ready to walk away? It's really, really sad.
Mark it 8, Dude.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr jul 23, 2010 2:31 am

ajaxusa schreef:...How has Ajax managed to fuck things up so completely that even the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans are ready to walk away? It's really, really sad.
For my $.02, the move to the Arena was the beginning of the end.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

rjf1 schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:...How has Ajax managed to fuck things up so completely that even the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans are ready to walk away? It's really, really sad.
For my $.02, the move to the Arena was the beginning of the end.
Not the Arena itself, but within one year, the Ajax organisation grew enormous. Ajax also decided to capatalize on their successes in Europe, so they went global (which became a failure). And of course the move to the Amsterdam Stock Exchange was also a big failure.

With the above mentioned actions, Ajax contracted a bunch of guys that were living in the fastlane but had zero knowledge about football and/or Ajax.

And on top of that, there was the Bosman-arrest and the 94/95 squad walked out of the door for free.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr jul 23, 2010 5:01 pm

You're right, of course. It wasn't *just* Ajax. The times they have a'changed.

Do any of you remember The Gotham Cup? Ajax were so put out to have to come all the way to New Jersey to have to play a meaningless tournament. Now all the big European clubs are playing friendlies in the States and raking in cash. I doubt Ajax could get a friendly against an MLS team at this point.
Mark it 8, Dude.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » vr jul 23, 2010 5:26 pm

I would love to be wrong, but I have a horrible feeling this is shaping up to be August 2004 all over again. The board made a serious mistake in not letting Jol go.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jul 23, 2010 11:30 pm

ajaxusa schreef:You're right, of course. It wasn't *just* Ajax. The times they have a'changed.

Do any of you remember The Gotham Cup? Ajax were so put out to have to come all the way to New Jersey to have to play a meaningless tournament. Now all the big European clubs are playing friendlies in the States and raking in cash. I doubt Ajax could get a friendly against an MLS team at this point.

oh they totally could, just about any time they wanted

not only are ajax always among the top 10 teams supported in american polls, but they still have that mythical aura with american fans, even those that don't support them

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jul 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:
I would love to be wrong, but I have a horrible feeling this is shaping up to be August 2004 all over again. The board made a serious mistake in not letting Jol go.

yes, I think you are jumping the gun with dramatics right now

and i really doubt that anyone will come up with the scratch needed to buy suarez now

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jul 24, 2010 10:40 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:

yes, I think you are jumping the gun with dramatics right now

and i really doubt that anyone will come up with the scratch needed to buy suarez now
^^^^This.

Remember last summer when we were all jumping down Jol's throat because he didn't go out and buy the next Cannavaro? Who knew that we would have the best defense in the eredivisie by season's end.

Everybody who is predicting doom and gloom because Jol flirted with another club needs to take a deep breath and chill the hell out.

Martin Jol is a professional coach. With the exception of Alex Ferguson, they're all mercenaries, Jol included. He's coaching professional players. They all understand that, rightly or wrongly, this is a business, and Jol was doing what they would have done as well. They will not have lost any respect for him over this.

Everybody just calm down. It's going to be fine.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I note that Martin O'Neill has left Villa. Any reason for us to be worried about them making a move for Jol?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Having said no to letting Fulham take him the answer will be no.

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » ma aug 09, 2010 9:58 pm

As a Villa fan Im devastated to see O'Neill go. We have made great progress under him. Seems like a fall out with the board over transfers.

Martin Jol is now some bookies favourites to take over

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nager.html

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 10, 2010 12:11 am

I thought Bob Bradley was 3:1 in some bookies minds.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 10, 2010 12:28 am

Does anyone on here really expect Ajax to let him go just 2 weeks after the Fulham farce?
The board will say no and that will be the end of it .

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » di aug 10, 2010 8:54 am

Jol and Bradley are seen as the two most serious Villa candidates over here. This is going to happen everytime a vacancy comes up in the U.K. everyone knows that this is where Jol actually wants to be.

Now we can see the folly of not allowing Jol to go to Fulham when he wanted. This is going to continue to unsettle the club for the rest of the season every time a Prem coach is sacked, until he finally drags his sorry ass off next summer. As I said on the other thread this blunder is going to cost us an entire season.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di aug 10, 2010 9:03 am

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:Jol and Bradley are seen as the two most serious Villa candidates over here. This is going to happen everytime a vacancy comes up in the U.K. everyone knows that this is where Jol actually wants to be.

Now we can see the folly of not allowing Jol to go to Fulham when he wanted. This is going to continue to unsettle the club for the rest of the season every time a Prem coach is sacked, until he finally drags his sorry ass off next summer. As I said on the other thread this blunder is going to cost us an entire season.

the report i was hearing on the radio today, was that villa werent interested in jol, only interested in bradley and sven.

sven was linked with the fulham job but they wanted jol, apparently villa have him lined up already..

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di aug 10, 2010 10:49 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... vourite-to

bookies favourite is bradley apparently. but then again, jol was favourite for fulham.. :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :excited.gif:

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » di aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Can Villa really be interested? I mean, they just witnessed the whole Fulham thing. Purple presents a good point, but at the same time, can't the EPL clubs see the picture that we won't let him go and just ignore it? I suppose it could go either way...

www.think14.squarespace.com --- Ajax Blog ---

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 15, 2010 12:30 pm

News of the World reports Villa will appoint Jol by the end of the week. The story of Jol and Fulham is incorrect so just another paper making up a story.

Sunday Express headline says Jol has said no to Villa. I think this may be nearer the truth .

How would our Sunday papers exist without rumours . At least no Ajax players have been mentioned.

Plaats reactie