Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts)

Bericht door Amol » di aug 24, 2010 7:49 pm

I can't understand why a web channel like Eredivisie Live doesn't let people from outside the Netherlands pay and use their services.

Does anyone on these boards know anyone at Eredivisie Live? Or can some good hearted Dutch speaking person email them to ask this question? :ajaxsmiley.gif: I'm definitely ready to pay 10-20 bucks a month to have a decent webcast.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di aug 24, 2010 7:53 pm

I imagine it's because they sell TV rights to foreign broadcasters. But in France, they obviously sell nothing...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Tonights game is being shown live on Unibet. You just need to register and then go to the 'live betting' section (you don't actually need to put any money in the account or place any bets).

Edit: Oh no it's not - all that and just a live betting gizmo - no pictures. The moral of this one is don't believe any info from an untested source (the internet) without checking first yourself.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 27, 2010 12:45 am

Just looked at the ESPN3 schedule for the weekend and they are back to a PSV only Eredivisie match. I just sent a polite note to ESPN pointing out that there are more Ajax fans in the US than PSV. Maybe if Salcido leaves that will help out. In the US we cannot watch NVS feeds via Sopcast any longer as you need to pay a fee for the digital rights and the software only permits certain Euro countries to do so. I hope that there will be a feed that will let us watch.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 27, 2010 11:52 am

Do I take it NVS via sopcast can only be made in Uk if via subscription ? If so I doubt they will be on the air for very long .

If I can get steams via Rojadirect then ok ,this worked for most of 2008/9 but I may have to subscribe to Espn. I subscribe to sky but cannot say I watch much on it . ESPN are not showing this weeks game and as I said the other day with all the leagues in action they may show Ajax twice a month . Thus I will save my money at present and find a stream that works.

I actual enjoy the game with dutch commentary as the guy just gives you the players names. On Sky you get a commentator waffling then Tony Gale who seemed to be pro Kiev and anti Ajax.He was very boring .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm

SPL schreef:Do I take it NVS via sopcast can only be made in Uk if via subscription ? If so I doubt they will be on the air for very long .

If I can get steams via Rojadirect then ok ,this worked for most of 2008/9 but I may have to subscribe to Espn. I subscribe to sky but cannot say I watch much on it . ESPN are not showing this weeks game and as I said the other day with all the leagues in action they may show Ajax twice a month . Thus I will save my money at present and find a stream that works.

I actual enjoy the game with dutch commentary as the guy just gives you the players names. On Sky you get a commentator waffling then Tony Gale who seemed to be pro Kiev and anti Ajax.He was very boring .
I don't quite know how it works. Sopcast automatically loaded an update last Saturday as I was getting ready to watch the match. A new window popped up asking for a donation and it only listed eight or so Euro countries in a checkbox and wouldn't let me do anything else. Perhaps, NVS have reached some kind of agreement with Sopcast about this as I believe Sopcast is a software product from China. It doesn't matter if you try to access NVS from Rojadirect as you get the same popup. I removed Sopcast and reinstalled it to see if that would work and the same thing happened. It's only the NVS feed that seems to be affected at this point in time. I think this whole thing is rather stupid for those of us overseas from Europe. I would gladly pay a small amount either on a per month or per game basis to watch Ajax matches. I wish the club would think about how they could satisfy the fans abroad. I also wonder what they are doing in China these days as they announced last year the plan to form some kind of long term project there. We'll see what kind of feed is available this Sunday.

I did get the standard thank you from ESPN last evening but doubt that my note will move that needle.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Orange14 schreef: I would gladly pay a small amount either on a per month or per game basis to watch Ajax matches. I wish the club would think about how they could satisfy the fans abroad.
I think it has something to do with the solidarity which Ajax wants to show the other Dutch clubs. I think that's why they don't want to launch their own channel. I don't understand their thinking though.

Fans of most clubs hate us nowadays. And what do we do - we split our source of income with their clubs. :confused.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr aug 27, 2010 6:43 pm

SPL schreef:ESPN are not showing this weeks game
Yeah they are actually-0930 on Monday morning-1st league game they've not shown live. In Brighton for the weekend so I would have missed it anyway

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Orange14 schreef:I don't quite know how it works. Sopcast automatically loaded an update last Saturday as I was getting ready to watch the match. A new window popped up asking for a donation and it only listed eight or so Euro countries in a checkbox and wouldn't let me do anything else. Perhaps, NVS have reached some kind of agreement with Sopcast about this as I believe Sopcast is a software product from China. It doesn't matter if you try to access NVS from Rojadirect as you get the same popup. I removed Sopcast and reinstalled it to see if that would work and the same thing happened. It's only the NVS feed that seems to be affected at this point in time. I think this whole thing is rather stupid for those of us overseas from Europe. I would gladly pay a small amount either on a per month or per game basis to watch Ajax matches. I wish the club would think about how they could satisfy the fans abroad. I also wonder what they are doing in China these days as they announced last year the plan to form some kind of long term project there. We'll see what kind of feed is available this Sunday.

I did get the standard thank you from ESPN last evening but doubt that my note will move that needle.
The NVS link on SopCast is working for me. I haven't updated to the latest version (running 3.2.4). Maybe see if you can find a download for the previous version, if they've killed it in the latest ones?

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Oh yeah - I also enjoy the games in Dutch even though I don't understand it. You get the names pronounced properly and you get to pick up the odd piece of football related vocabulary, plus you don't have to listen to Tommy "dementia" Smyth carry on as though he's watching a different game...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo aug 29, 2010 1:21 pm

sopcast worked for me today after not working for the Kiev game, so I assume they've just removed the donation thing.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Frans schreef:sopcast worked for me today after not working for the Kiev game, so I assume they've just removed the donation thing.
I watched on a TVU feed that was pretty darn good this morning. I just checked the PSV match and you are right they have removed the donation pop up. We'll see what happens down the line.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2011 10:01 am

FYI, I was rooting around on YouTube looking for the official Ajax channel when I discovered that it has been taken down on the orders of UEFA due to copyright infringements. Seems kind of sad that a club's official YouTube channel gets taken down by an organization that it belongs to.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr feb 25, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah I saw that too. I don't think they updated it very much, anyway. Anyone got any idea where we can find highlights these days?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Tom_ schreef:Yeah I saw that too. I don't think they updated it very much, anyway. Anyone got any idea where we can find highlights these days?
I'd like to know, too.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mar 03, 2011 11:27 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Tom_ schreef:Yeah I saw that too. I don't think they updated it very much, anyway. Anyone got any idea where we can find highlights these days?
I'd like to know, too.
Amol schreef:Guys, I just saw a commercial on goal.com about an 'official' website for Dutch eredivisie games - http://www.livedutcheredivisie.tv . They're going to charge 80$ a season. Need to do a little more research on this - ie if they're going to show European games etc
There's a free highlightsd thread on here so this might answer your question for league games at least.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do mar 03, 2011 11:58 pm

livedutcheredivisie.tv schreef: This site is NOT available in the following countries due to rights restrictions:

Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, MENA (Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Algeria, Chad, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia),
Well, Sopcast & co will still have those rights then...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za mar 05, 2011 1:47 am

For folks in the US who get ESPN3, I just saw that they're showing the next 2 Ajax Eredivisie games - AZ and Willem II. :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mar 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Amol schreef:For folks in the US who get ESPN3, I just saw that they're showing the next 2 Ajax Eredivisie games - AZ and Willem II. :blub.gif: :blub.gif: :blub.gif:
It must be a result of all the pestering e-mails I've been sending to ESPN!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » za mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

^ haha, i've been doing the same. although i must say, i've always gotten a response from them

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mar 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Read news yesterday about Ajax wanting more TV money. From what I understood, they will try to have their own TV crews. Don't know what this means really. Does it mean that they will have more highlights for fans or will this be live television.

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » do mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Woohoo, today's match vs Moscow is on Gol tv. I have my DVR set. :blub.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 10, 2011 5:34 pm

This evening's game will be broadcasted in France on Sport + tv channel.
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm

and in the UK on ESPN. Been away all week so hadn't checked (and forgot we were playing anyway) so I only found out at about 4 minutes past 8 when I was channel hopping and saw that it started in 1 minute!!!!

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » zo mar 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Spartak Moscow v Ajax is on ITV4 for those in the UK :biggthumpup.gif:

Plaats reactie