Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 19, 2012 9:00 am

Officially, Lodeiro is not an Ajax player anymore. He stopped being an Ajax player on 30 June, at midnight (contract expired, no renewal).

Anyway, good for him that he'll be joining Clarence Seedorf at Botafogo. Nice one.

He didn't make it here at Ajax, obviously, but I kind of liked him, I have to say. I think he's a good player.

K.
Still alive...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do jul 19, 2012 9:34 am

The few times I saw him play (via internet), he made a number of incredibly good through passes to set up goals - I always liked him, too.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm

+1
O tempora o mores

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jul 19, 2012 8:58 pm

ESPN have just started showing the Brasileiro so I'll have a look out for him. The little I saw of him I was fairly impressed as well - shame that he's gone.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

theo to vitesse possibly??

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » vr jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm

I saw that too. Ajax does seem to have a glut of midfielders and although I like the qualities Theo brings to the club, not all do.... He was never the dynamo he was at Twente. We'll see.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 28, 2012 12:53 am

Theo could go and prove Thomas Wolfe wrong about going home again , but I hope we're remiss to give up his left peg; regardless of age and contract status; unless we bring in a left footer of real quality. Especially with Jan Vertonghen gone.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

acab

Bericht door acab » za jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Selling Janssen ? What the hell is going on with this club?? I'm really dissapointed :confused.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm

acab schreef:Selling Janssen ? What the hell is going on with this club?? I'm really dissapointed :confused.gif:
Other than an occasional free kick, he is a worthless player. He is not mobile, can't defend, and takes away any fluidity in the midfield. Is it any surprise that when he was move out of the back and Anita came in that Ajax finally was able to put together a string of wins. FdB's continuing play of Janssen is one of the great mysteries of our time right up there with the origin of the Shroud of Turin.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za jul 28, 2012 10:25 pm

+1 I'm with Orange
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

acab

Bericht door acab » zo jul 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Orange14 schreef:
acab schreef:Selling Janssen ? What the hell is going on with this club?? I'm really dissapointed :confused.gif:
Other than an occasional free kick, he is a worthless player. He is not mobile, can't defend, and takes away any fluidity in the midfield. Is it any surprise that when he was move out of the back and Anita came in that Ajax finally was able to put together a string of wins. FdB's continuing play of Janssen is one of the great mysteries of our time right up there with the origin of the Shroud of Turin.
I disagree with you. I have notice your dislike of Janssen since he came here. You never gave him a chance. He can decide a game just with 1 pass as he did many times last season. Plus he's the only really experienced palyr we have left.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 30, 2012 12:12 am

acab schreef: I disagree with you. I have notice your dislike of Janssen since he came here. You never gave him a chance. He can decide a game just with 1 pass as he did many times last season. Plus he's the only really experienced palyr we have left.
Yes, you are correct that I thought that this was a really bad waste of money given his age, lack of speed and that he really doesn't have a position to play in the type of football the Ajax should be playing (and did down the stretch). I believe I was honest in my player ratings last season and counted two matches where he was outstanding. Two does not equal many and I don't see where he plays this season once Eriksen comes back. He's certainly not going to replace de Jong or Anita.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma jul 30, 2012 5:09 am

Theo needed a couple of months to adjust -- after that he had many outstanding games and was voted 'man of the match' on several occasions. He was also like having a coach on the field for the younger players -- you could see him performing that role in many games.

My feeling is that your dislike of him even coming to Ajax clouded your vision of his performance -- I remember one match in particular where you severely disparaged him, but he was voted 'man of the match'. Maybe it was an accident that the team performance improved remarkably as he adjusted to his role at Ajax, but I don't think so. IMO, he was an important factor in our having won the championship.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jul 30, 2012 8:19 am

rjf1 schreef:Theo needed a couple of months to adjust -- after that he had many outstanding games and was voted 'man of the match' on several occasions. He was also like having a coach on the field for the younger players -- you could see him performing that role in many games.

My feeling is that your dislike of him even coming to Ajax clouded your vision of his performance -- I remember one match in particular where you severely disparaged him, but he was voted 'man of the match'. Maybe it was an accident that the team performance improved remarkably as he adjusted to his role at Ajax, but I don't think so. IMO, he was an important factor in our having won the championship.
Actually, I think it was Frank that needed to adjust. At first, he insisted on playing Theo too far in the back and he wasn't up to the defensive responsibilities he had there. Once Frank got his head out of his ass and started playing Anita back there, Theo was able to move further up the pitch and started playing better. This also coincided with when we started winning more.

I'm still not convinced that our best lineup includes Theo, but at least he's not as much of a drain on the team as he was. Personally I'd rather see Siem, Eriksen and Anita in midfield.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

acab

Bericht door acab » ma jul 30, 2012 11:53 am

rjf1 schreef:Theo needed a couple of months to adjust -- after that he had many outstanding games and was voted 'man of the match' on several occasions. He was also like having a coach on the field for the younger players -- you could see him performing that role in many games.

+1. I think Janssen could play instead of De Jong or even Eriksen. The last one wasn't exactly great last season, as far as i can remember. I think De Boer must rest him for at least 10 games in the new season. The boy is still too young and not so physical strong

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Man of the match means nothing as it is nothing but a popularity contest. Janssen received at least one (maybe another one, I would have to check my notes) MOTM when Anita was the best player on the pitch. Anyone who thinks that Janssen had 'many' (more than 2) outstanding games really needs to document them. I'm sure all of us who are critical of Janssen would enjoy knowing all these matches where he was a star. You certainly can throw out all of the matches in the first half when he was playing so deep as to be useless. As to being a coach on the field, great just stand around shouting directions at other players and forget about playing actual football. I will stand by what I wrote in most match reports last year, "Janssen took free kicks." There is probably no point to continuing this discussion since we have such opposite views here. We will have to see what happens in the season to come to see which of us is correct. I'm happy to apologize if I'm proven wrong.

EDIT: Here are my match ratings from the Ajax run last spring

NAC - I didn't watch the match
NEC - Janssen did not play (DNP)
Excelsior - DNP
Roda - 6
RKC Waalwijk - 7
ADO Den Haag - 7
PSV - DNP
Heracles - 8 and I noted how much he ran in that match
Heerenveen - did not give any ratings because the match was decided by an early Red card
Graafschap -6 he missed a goal opportunity that should have been converted at the end of the match
Groningen - 6
Twente - 7 because of the good PK he converted
VVV -7

So you can see that I was pretty fair but he also missed three matches included the big one against PSV because of injury (also the ManU games)

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma jul 30, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm with you, Orange. Although sometimes I wonder if you're Theo's estranged twin brother, out for revenge... ;)

acab

Bericht door acab » ma jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Tom_ schreef:I'm with you, Orange. Although sometimes I wonder if you're Theo's estranged twin brother, out for revenge... ;)
:drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Tom_ schreef:I'm with you, Orange. Although sometimes I wonder if you're Theo's estranged twin brother, out for revenge... ;)
Maybe a distant cousin, who knows?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 31, 2012 6:48 pm

meant to post this last night but Cvitanich has evidently not left us.He has not yet signed for Nice and River Plate have now come in for him.Salary could be a problem said the article .Whereas Nice would probably pay the best part of 1m euros I doubt we will see any money from Argentina.Lets hope this is settled this week.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Cvitanich has actually joined Nice today . Ozbiliz on his way to Russia and Anita is still saying he has interest from abroad and has not made his mind up. Thats worrying as he does give the impression he wants to leave!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 07, 2012 9:21 am

AC Milan would want Alderweireld. :confused.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di aug 07, 2012 10:14 am

With so many on the way out (so it would seem), it would be nice to get some news about players coming in. This situation is starting to get me really worried for the coming season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 08, 2012 11:20 am

V d Wiel and Anita have signed up with Raiola. I think we can see Anita leaving this month

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo aug 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Fuck I hate Raiola. Its seems as if his life's goal is to destroy Ajax. I serioulsy hope Anita doesnt leave. As for VdW... may he become the player he is destined to be, somewhere else
May the Force be with you

Plaats reactie