New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Really glad that we signed Moisander instead of Rajkovic
I know right. I thought Ajax were going to settle for someone who they didnt really want.
But the next thing is what about the defensive midfielder? I cant think of anyone at the moment.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Welcome back Niklas!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Ayman schreef:
Really glad that we signed Moisander instead of Rajkovic
I know right. I thought Ajax were going to settle for someone who they didnt really want.
But the next thing is what about the defensive midfielder? I cant think of anyone at the moment.
Yeah, we missed out on getting Alex Song from Arsenal.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Blind3 schreef:If the deal does go through , I hope that Moisander will be a good influence for the likes of Stefano Denswil . He must be well thought of to have been captain at one point . Will be glad to be done with the likes of Daley Blind at CB. The only thing that irks me is that he would join the list of players developed at Ajax, then brought back for millions.
I'm thinking about this in a different way. We let him go in 2006 - which was 6 years ago. If we had kept him even on 0.5m a year contract that would be 3 million by now.

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » ma aug 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I wasnt talking of signing Owen exactly, he´s too injury prone and would want way too much cash. I was just saying someone like that. With some experience to help the younger strikers and someone who is a goal threat.

Anyone have any names for DM? i think this position is vital to strengthen.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 21, 2012 9:46 am

From De Telegraaf thru Ajax Netwerk :

More on the Moisander transfer , including some kind words about King Jari :

Moisander draws 10.00 3 year contract with Ajax
August 21, 2012

After the medical examination yesterday will Niklas Moisander this morning at 10.00 cosign for a three-year contract with Ajax. The Telegraph reports that this morning. For the Finn came to an end a difficult period, but which did not result in a transfer. "I screamed: 'Finally' when Monday came around."

Moisander sets in the newspaper 'proud and happy' to get by with the transfer. "I came with my brother Henrik TPS Turku on to Amsterdam, spent three years at Ajax played and trained with Ajax 1. Pending debut was unfortunately never. Then I was physically and mentally ready, now."

"That I after Jari Litmanen in 2004 left the first Finnish player base in Ajax 1 word, makes this transfer even more special. He is an icon, the Johan Cruyff of Finnish football. Jari gave footballers in Finland the belief that they are the European summit could fetch. "
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Tevetuloa takaisin Niklas!

Glad we got the CB problem solved. He should be a safe choise. He's proven he can play well at eredivisie level and he knows the teams and culture so he also doesn't need too much time to adapt.

I really hope he can make us Finnish Ajax supporters proud after Tainio was such a disappointment.
"We're on a mission from God."

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

And now, time to solve the DM mystery... I really have no clue who can be a candidate if we don't get Maher. Who can it be now?
May the Force be with you

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » di aug 21, 2012 4:19 pm

It has been released on Sky Sports today that Tom Huddlestone is available for loan from Tottenham. Any one else think he would be great as our DM he is still only 25.

I also think we should give a trial to Owen Hargreaves, as a free transfer he is desperate for a club and I think he would take a low salary just to play again. If he can prove his fitness.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Owen Hargreaves won't play more than four games for whatever team signs him before getting injured and missing the rest of the season. I would rather take a chance with our youth.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Just say no to Hargreaves . BTW , and speaking of d-mids , how long until Enoh is ready to go ?
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 21, 2012 9:15 pm

More Moisander :

Niklas Moisander showed in his presentation know not to wait for his debut for Ajax. "It was a hectic summer, but I'm glad it's all good comes. Ajax is my dream club. I am very fit and wants to make my debut. Hopefully that happens Saturday night in the home match against NAC Breda " .

"With my experience I would be important for Ajax. Siem de Jong's captain, but I want a leader to take me. I am the successor of Jan Vertonghen. This is partly in my position and uniform number expression. I Jan found last season's best player of the Premier League. I am not going to walk in his shoes, but it will just fill in my own way. I have every confidence that it will succeed. "
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo aug 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Two year contract seems reasonable for a player of his Poulsen's age and he will be a stopgap measure until Sporkslede or Boccara prove themselves ready. It will be interesting to see if we now try to bring in a striker to back up Siggie. I like what the club has done to date.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo aug 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Could be great if we take the 2 danish (oh yes, again!) youngsters we are scouting. Lucas Andersen (winger) and Nicklas Helenius (CF)
Then offload Sulejmani and the team is done. Otherwise I am happy also if he stays.
But the important would be the backup striker. :ajaxscarf.gif:
O tempora o mores

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » zo aug 26, 2012 9:07 pm

VI reports that we've reached an agreement for Danny Hoesen (Fulham, striker, 21-year old Dutchman) who was loaned out to Fortuna Sittard last year.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm

It's true, for 800.000 euros we have a 21 year old striker. Good player, in my opinion. Sana plays for Ajax after a tip from Stefan Pettersson, this guy has been recommended to Frank de Boer and Marc Overmars by Jari Litmanen. Jari did play with Danny Hoesen at HJK Helsinki.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 26, 2012 10:05 pm

good news indeed he seems a good prospect .

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » zo aug 26, 2012 10:45 pm

His goals for Fortuna last season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXq6b7fY0SA

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 26, 2012 11:20 pm

^ good speed and field awareness from the clips. It will be interesting to see how he develops at Ajax

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo aug 26, 2012 11:57 pm

According to some reports (De Telegraaf Ajax watcher) he will start at Jong Ajax and the club could try to find another striker for immediate work with the first team.
The video of Hoesen sounds promising, anyway. he has pace, covers all the offensive frontline. good luck!
O tempora o mores

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 27, 2012 7:35 am

I have to say, I like what Overmars is doing so far.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » ma aug 27, 2012 9:35 am

I remember that there was a lot of buzz around him when he came to HJK. He didn't stand out as much as people maybe thougt he would, but still he made some great plays. Think they used him more as a super sub. The bottom line is that if Jari says he's good, he is good. The king has spoken.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

reports suggest we paid just over 300000 euros which is cheap.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Ajax picked Hoesen over Fulham on from Jupiler League
News By: Editorial on August 27, 2012

In the context of a transfer that you do not expect: Danny Hoesen is about to sign with Ajax. Hoesen is under contract at Fulham and was the English club last season leased to Fortuna Sittard, where he went through the academy.

serious
Hoesen is a 21-year-old striker, who both right wing and the striker can play. He made his debut in 2008 for Fortuna and left not much later to Fulham, let him first to HJK Helsinki. He went this summer to interest from Standard Liege.

In the first half of the season was it was not so well last season, but after the winter break did everything right. Hoesen played a total of 33 games in which he scored 13 times and 9 assists gave. He received the Bronze Bull as the best player of the third period in the Jupiler League. Here is an interview.

"I could not believe at first that Ajax interested in me, but after I had spoken with Marc Overmars, I knew it was serious," said Hoesen against the newspaper. "For what position I achieved? For the striker position, I'm told."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie