The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: The Official SPL Contract Talks Topic

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Boilesen has finally signed a new contract to June 2016 ,good news and just hope he gets 100% fit.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 20, 2012 7:55 pm

finally one of the best talents in last season's B1 u17 team Kenny Tete a right back has signed a contract to 2015 .Ajax delayed giving him the contract because he was sent off for fighting in a game which led to a 7 match ban .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 07, 2012 7:13 pm

last friday I read that Ajax are ready to extend Fischers contract,runs to 2014,and he appears keen. Good news with Man U sniffing around and the only other contract to extend in our youths would be Kishna the talented winger who has come back from 18 months of knee injury. He too runs to 2014 and is 18 in January when Ajax should extend .At 18 you can offer more than 3 years.The kid's goal this week v Molde looked that of a real quality prospect.

On the first team front no news about Toby or Eriksen both run to 2014 but surely we should be talking to them to ensure we get the maximum fees when they finally leave.

of those who only run to 2013 ,Ajax will talk to Blind in December, Sulejmani has not ruled out an extension,although I would cut our hugh loses on him and let him go.Babel has suggested he would not rule out staying beyond this season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 22, 2012 2:39 pm

2 of our Jong Ajax whose contracts run to 2013 have been offered contract extensions until 2016. Defensive midfielder Joeri de Kamps and attacking midfielder come winger Yener Arica both aged 20 and in their 2nd years with Jong Ajax . de Kamps was an unused sub v Fword in the first half of last season but was injured alot in the 2nd part of last season and has been injured so far this season. Arica has been injured alot this season. Very surprised they have been offered extensions to 2016 ,given their injuries Ajax may have expected to extend to 2014.

I just hope that as well as currently talking to Fischer Ajax do actually start talking to Eriksen and Alderweireld . All 3 run out in 2014 and need extensions sorted before Christmas.

I think it appropriate that there is some contract news today and thus I have saved it for this post as its my 4000 . A long way short of some of the guys on the Dutch site and I would thank Menno and all those who ensure that people like me ie who are not Dutch speaking,can discuss this very special ,beautiful and important club with fellow fans from around the world.

Long may our site continue and I hope I can post another 4000! No rude comments as I know I waffle on alot!!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di okt 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Long live to you and your posts, SPL.
You are essential here!
O tempora o mores

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di okt 23, 2012 5:38 pm

SPL schreef:...I think it appropriate that there is some contract news today and thus I have saved it for this post as its my 4000...
Congratulations! Thanks, again for keeping us up-to-date with the goings on of the younger players on the lower teams -- interesting and informative, as always.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di okt 23, 2012 6:17 pm

That's quite an achievement SPL, congratulations. Maybe a trip to Amsterdam to celebrate?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks guys . I am intending on coming to Amsterdam in the spring for a week and will take in a game, naturally I will look at the fixtures before deciding on the week .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 24, 2012 9:54 am

Congrats on 4000! Hope we can raise a toast together after taking in a satisfying Ajax win over 010 at the ArenA one day in the future.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 06, 2012 1:04 am

Overmars has talked to Eriksen about a contract extension and will next month talk to Alderweireld and Boerrigter ,all run out in 2014. Fischer has been offered a new deal to 2016(currently to2014) but Fischer and his agent Soren Lerby will talk about his playing prospects before they make any decision.

Better late than never but I still expect to see Eriksen and Toby go this summer. A rumour today that Liverpool will offer 26 m euros this winter for Eriksen. I would take it if it is that amount.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 06, 2012 1:59 pm

I haven't seen enough of Fischer to figure out what his best position might be. Could he be the replacement for Eriksen? If so he will get first team playing time pretty soon. I wouldn't mind seeing Eriksen go to Liverpool (note that I don't want him to go just yet!) as they are the one team in England that are trying to play proper football under Rodgers and have long been my favorite EPL club.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Fischer has today stated he wants to stay at Ajax to develop .Mind his current contract to 2014 only looks like being extended to 2016.Would hope we could extend longer but he probably is still not on max wages so a further extension in 2014 will be needed.

Meanwhile Eriksen,contract runs to 2014, wont make a decision on any extension until after the winter break and the last couple of days has seen much rumours of big clubs interest.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za nov 17, 2012 6:49 am

SPL schreef:Fischer has today stated he wants to stay at Ajax to develop .Mind his current contract to 2014 only looks like being extended to 2016.Would hope we could extend longer but he probably is still not on max wages so a further extension in 2014 will be needed.

Meanwhile Eriksen,contract runs to 2014, wont make a decision on any extension until after the winter break and the last couple of days has seen much rumours of big clubs interest.
Sadly, I think it may be time to consider selling Eriksen. I'd like to see him stay around longer, but this seems to be an off year for him and this may be the most we get for him.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za nov 17, 2012 7:44 am

I may be the only one here who feels this way, but frankly (no pun intended), I wouldn't be that sad to see him go. He's been mediocre for the second half of last year up until now -- I know he's still young, but he doesn't seem to be growing. He gets muscled off of the ball too easily, loses the ball on the dribble too often and has a hard time moving the attack forward when he receives the ball with his back to the goal. For the most part, when he gets the ball in that position, 90% of the time he will play the ball backwards or sideways rather than keep the attack going forward. True, when he gets the ball facing the goal, and has enough time, he can make the creative play that everyone applauds him for -- but for me, that doesn't happen enough to make up for the rest of it.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za nov 17, 2012 8:30 am

rjf1 schreef:I may be the only one here who feels this way, but frankly (no pun intended), I wouldn't be that sad to see him go. He's been mediocre for the second half of last year up until now -- I know he's still young, but he doesn't seem to be growing. He gets muscled off of the ball too easily, loses the ball on the dribble too often and has a hard time moving the attack forward when he receives the ball with his back to the goal. For the most part, when he gets the ball in that position, 90% of the time he will play the ball backwards or sideways rather than keep the attack going forward. True, when he gets the ball facing the goal, and has enough time, he can make the creative play that everyone applauds him for -- but for me, that doesn't happen enough to make up for the rest of it.
I agree with this for the most part. The only reason I'm hesitant to get rid of him is that he's still young and the chance is there that he could get off of this plateau and develop. I'm just not sure he will, and if he doesn't, the club is looking at a lot of money they could have had if they had sold him earlier.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm

It's official: Michael Kinsbergen is the new general director (and president of the direction), Edwin Van der Sar starts as Marketing director.
The board is finally complete.
O tempora o mores

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

orange goblin schreef:It's official: Michael Kinsbergen is the new general director (and president of the direction), Edwin Van der Sar starts as Marketing director.
The board is finally complete.
Edwin vd Sar as "Marketing Director"???
I'm all for having ex players in the infrastructure and on the board, but Marketing Director???

Given the importance of marketing in the financial world of modern football both in building/developing the brand, and optimising revenues don't you want an professional doing that job?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di nov 20, 2012 11:03 am

Oops I clearly posted in the wrong place.......
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Serero ,whose contract runs to 2013 with a 2 year option is to get a new contract offer which is good news for him.

However Ajax will not be talking about a contract extension to Daley Blind until February.His contract runs out next June. Ajax are pleased with his development this season but wait the development of Boilesen and Dijks. Clearly Ajax rate Boilesen better but they are taking a gamble as Boilesen is very injury prone. Blind has played very well so far this season but I am not sure what message this sends to him . If Boilesen is fit we don't need you if he is still injured we do!!! I think they are messing Blind about and with Athletico Madrid evidently interested Blind will know he can earn more money and will surely demand more come February. There must be a fear that Blind leaves on a free transfer in the summer whereas had we signed him to say 2015 last summer ,even with a pay rise, we could now be looking at getting 3 or 4m for him.

I still say Ajax are very poor at contract offers,always too late and have therefore lost millions over the years. Rumours today that Spurs will offer 24m euros in January for Eriksen and if so we should take it as he is not going to extend his current 2014 contract and we will end up selling him in late August for about 15m.

The new policy of a wage cap of 1m euros a year will work against us with players like Eriksen and Alderweireld who will not extend their contracts and news that Fischer will only sign to 2016 ie his first senior contract, will result in him leaving in a couple of years with a contract being run down as he too wont extend. I am not convinced V Rhijn ,contract to 2015, will extend as he is already being scouted by top clubs and unlikely to sign another contract under this wage cap. These are of course the cream of our current players

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Spurs probably think Eriksen is the replacement for Modric; I don't think so for reasons I've already mentioned. If they offer €24M we should take that in an instant. I agree about the arbitrariness of the €1M salary cap but the club has to be mindful of finances and they have stated that they are only counting on Europa League qualification each season. It's very difficult to play Champions League football each season and believe that it will be a cakewalk to the League title. I'm willing to give Marc Overmars a chance to get the decisions right in terms of player retention. It's always going to be difficult playing in a league that doesn't generate lots of revenue compared midtable teams in England.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za dec 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Does the new wage structure allow for bonuses? i.e, 1 million base wage and then say 300k for winning the league.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » za dec 15, 2012 9:31 pm

24 mln is a huge compliment for Eriksen's current abilties he is young and all but we can't count on him for future. If it's a real offer we must accept it. I believe Poulsen - De Jong - Schone can get the job done in midfield.

Daley should be extended asap. We won't be able to match any top league club offer later, so it looks like he's gone which is sad. He is a very good young prospect for any club in the world except us. Letting starters go on free is just bad generally no matter what.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 17, 2012 1:11 pm

No way should we turn down 24 million for Eriksen. And we should extend Blind now.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Blind says today he will wait to see what the winter transfer period brings as his contract will then be in its last 6 months . Would serve Ajax right if he decides to leave although he gives the impression of being happy at present. With Boilesen not yet fit and could yet be out most of the season and Dijks hamstring injury today plus Koppers to go we could be short of left backs come January.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Following our January cull we now have 36 senior and Jong players left plus 8 out on loan and in addition the small matter of about 20 youths under contract .

Of these 44 seniors and Jong players a further cull will happen in the summer. Most of those whose contracts run out in the summer wont stay ie Sulejmani ,Cuenca, Babel most probably, plus current Jong squad Kramer, Schmitz, de Kamps and Busse will go .Blind may stay . Of those on loan Toivomaki Castillion Bonevacia wont be renewed.
Thus 10 of our senior contracted players will certainly leave and of the remaining 34 I wont speculate but some main players are likely to be sold and some of the younger ones on loan. 44 currently could easily be down to 24 left after the summer. After all approx 20 Senior plus Jong players left last summer on a permenant basis.

We are having a mass turn around of players even without the stars being sold. Expect about 10 more youths to get contracts which shows which direction we are heading in.

Plaats reactie