Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 31, 2013 9:59 pm

As the famous American sports broadcaster Keith Jackson is famous for saying "Whoa, Nellie!" PSV drop points at home to newly promoted Cambuur. What's wrong with the club? Second draw in a week and no goals.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za aug 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Four games in a row without a win! :headbang.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo sep 01, 2013 9:06 am

Cruijff schreef:Four games in a row without a win! :headbang.gif:

.... And to add insult to injury last night was PSV's centenary celebrations.
I guess the champagne went a little flat.

:drecul.gif: :smallgrin.gif: :aai.gif: :smallgrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :smallgrin.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo sep 01, 2013 9:58 am

They lost some good players and put a lot of efforts to CL-playoffs. Generally our results after european games are quite similar. :confused.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm

And probably will be again if recent seasons are any indication . Not that I'm complaining at all though. Love it that Ajax warms with the weather and has done it's best work between February and May.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Gareth Bale from Real Madrid to RKC Waalwijk, on loan...

:ajaxsmiley.gif:

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Given their recent form, I thought Bale was already on loan at PEC Zwolle .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma sep 02, 2013 4:11 pm

Blind3 schreef:Given their recent form, I thought Bale was already on loan at PEC Zwolle .
Talking of Bale this is quite funny:

http://whatbaleearns.co.uk/
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Verbeek is out as trainer at AZ. Claims that there is unrest between him and the players. Rather surprising move.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 29, 2013 3:09 pm

odd sacking they have started ok did us a favour last night and are in the Europa groups.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo sep 29, 2013 7:21 pm

SPL schreef:odd sacking they have started ok did us a favour last night and are in the Europa groups.
Yes, I predict we will hear several spicy stories about AZ Alkmaar soon. :smallgrin.gif: Rumours are going that Gertjan Verbeek, who never got married, who doesn't have a partner or girlfriend was sleeping with more than one or two wifes from his AZ Alkmaar players. :smallgrin.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

^ Who does he think he is, John Terry???? :biggrin.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo sep 29, 2013 8:38 pm

2 points gap between 1-8 teams after 8 games. Crazy. :headbang.gif:

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma sep 30, 2013 6:44 am

Vitesse have a game in hand -- if we assume a plus of 3 pts for that game, they would be top of the league. Saw their game vs. NEC -- our old friend Theo Janssen scored a penalty and made some incredible long cross-field passes to set up his teammates. He may be too old, too fat, and too slow in some people's eyes, but he can still lay on a super counter-attack pass. Vitesse looked good in that game -- direct attacking football -- no pitty pat "we got 80% of the possession" (and no shots on goal) nonsense.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo okt 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Vitesse lost to den haag today, so we remain in 4 place on better goal difference.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo okt 20, 2013 3:48 pm

PSV lost to Groningen :blub.gif: so it's a good weekend for us, altough Zwolle beat us for 3d place on goal difference :biggrin.gif:

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Groningen beat the Toasters today, so they (PSV) remained in second place with 18 points and we are level with them in points - as is Zwolle (of all teams) - Zwolle is even ahead of us on goal difference. There is only a 2 point difference (19 - 17) between 1st and 7th place. So many of the so-called lesser teams are turning out to be just as strong as the supposedly strong teams -- if this keeps up, it is looking to be a mighty interesting season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Point made last night about a weak league . Sad but all the top players have now gone .Ajax's best players have gone and we now have promising kids Fischer Denswil Andersen .Fword have plenty of Dutch kids and Janmaat and Martins Indi are likely to leave next summer after the WC but neither are special.PSV are copying us and going back to youth .Bruma Rekik and Wijnaldum are all at the promising stage . Twente has nothing apart from 2 more ex Fword youths Castaignos and Ebecilio and Vitesse are Chelsea's feeder club. The only foreigner that stands out in the league ,due to his goalscoring is the decent Icelander Finnbogsson (sorry for spelling). I rate his alot higher than our slow pondering one.

There are lots of promising kids around but the clubs cannot compete with english money and even Portuguese money with John and Labyad both there. 2 decent players like Fer and V Wolfswinkel are at Norwich , way down at the dregs end of the EPL.

All the big 3 are now concentrating on youth which if it produces more decent Dutch players all well and good. Would just say Fword are producing the most Dutch kids at present, the 3 PSV mentioned above are from the Fword academy and Ake another ,at Chelsea ,is highly rated.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo okt 20, 2013 7:56 pm

The Eredivisie is a youth-league. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bericht door #14 » ma okt 21, 2013 6:27 am

Before we get all doom and gloom, a look at the table shows that at the quarter pole we have played:

#1 away
#2 away
#3 at home
#4 is us
#5 at home
#7 away
#8 away
#9 away

only 1 team in the top half of the table left before the break, most of the top half of the table at home in the 2nd leg, and currently only 1 point off the leader.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma okt 21, 2013 7:50 am

Not really a question of doom and gloom, like I said in my post in the other thread I still think we should be able to win the eredivisie because our squad is good enough. It just seems to me that the league in general has taken a pretty dramatic nosedive in terms of quality—but I've only seen a few games this season.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di okt 22, 2013 1:16 pm

SPL schreef:Point made last night about a weak league . Sad but all the top players have now gone .Ajax's best players have gone and we now have promising kids Fischer Denswil Andersen .Fword have plenty of Dutch kids and Janmaat and Martins Indi are likely to leave next summer after the WC but neither are special.PSV are copying us and going back to youth .Bruma Rekik and Wijnaldum are all at the promising stage . Twente has nothing apart from 2 more ex Fword youths Castaignos and Ebecilio and Vitesse are Chelsea's feeder club. The only foreigner that stands out in the league ,due to his goalscoring is the decent Icelander Finnbogsson (sorry for spelling). I rate his alot higher than our slow pondering one.

There are lots of promising kids around but the clubs cannot compete with english money and even Portuguese money with John and Labyad both there. 2 decent players like Fer and V Wolfswinkel are at Norwich , way down at the dregs end of the EPL.

All the big 3 are now concentrating on youth which if it produces more decent Dutch players all well and good. Would just say Fword are producing the most Dutch kids at present, the 3 PSV mentioned above are from the Fword academy and Ake another ,at Chelsea ,is highly rated.
I'm really excited about Aron "Bacon" Johannsson, the Icelandic-American kid at AZ. He has a lot of potential and a nice goalscoring touch.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di okt 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Tom_ schreef:Not really a question of doom and gloom, like I said in my post in the other thread I still think we should be able to win the eredivisie because our squad is good enough. It just seems to me that the league in general has taken a pretty dramatic nosedive in terms of quality—but I've only seen a few games this season.
I think they call the winner of the Eredivisie in these conditions a kampioen van de armoede, or champion of poverty. In a sense, it's good that we're having an off-year at the same time as everyone else.

One of the nice things about Ajax is that there are always young players coming up that we can be excited about, even if the first team isn't doing great.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za okt 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za okt 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Hmm. This cannot be good for us.

Plaats reactie