Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door aveslacker » za feb 08, 2014 5:50 am

afcajax73 schreef:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26081827

ohhh no... i hope this NEVER happens haha
Spurs? That place is a snakepit. I hope he never goes there. And I wonder how Brendan Rodgers feels about reading that Liverpool were especially interested in Frank.

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 08, 2014 2:44 pm

aveslacker schreef: And I wonder how Brendan Rodgers feels about reading that Liverpool were especially interested in Frank.
After the first half against Arsenal today I'm sure that Brendan Rodgers is not worried at all!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 09, 2014 11:15 am

Wenger hasn't got a clue when it comes to picking up personnel. The thing he has desperately needed all these years is a Patrick Viera type player for the midfield, but he keeps bringing in Arshavins and Artetas and Cazorlas and Osils -- not that they aren't very good and talented players (the last three, anyway) -- but he has too many of these 'creative' types and not the 'man of steel' type that he desperately needs. And don't get me started about his picks for center forward -- I don't know who was the bigger waste, Chamak or Giroud. At least Chamak is gone -- but I don't know of a PL player who is better at messing up an attack than Giroud, and that's on top of his miserable finishing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 09, 2014 1:58 pm

My Arsenal son is still shell shocked after yesterday.And Suarez did not score.Agree Arsenal need a real quality striker and Viera type midfielder. They could easily fall away to finish 4th

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di feb 18, 2014 2:08 pm

More rumours about Stam leaving for Milan in summer. I don't want him to leave coz Jappie is really cool.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mar 13, 2014 12:51 pm

FdB suffered a knee ligament tear the other day while playing in a Ajax Classic match. He is looking at a six week recovery period of no football. Good or bad news depending on your perspective is that he can continue coaching the team. Speed recovery wishes to our head trainer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 22, 2014 11:43 am

English press say van Gaal will soon be at man U and the dream ticket is Frank as his No2.

Cannot see FDB being his no 2.Frank was evidently very low after Sunday but said he would not let afew idiots throwing flares stop his work and he will continue. He said this at de toekomst yesterday watching the 16 and 17 year olds he is waiting for to break through.

Apart fom his wife not wanting to leave Holland until his youngest has finished school ,3 years away, why would he want to leave this club when he is basically answerable to no one. He and the other greats run the whole show and he consults God in Barcelona but they all want the same thing for this club.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 22, 2014 12:00 pm

SPL schreef:English press say van Gaal will soon be at man U and the dream ticket is Frank as his No2.

Cannot see FDB being his no 2.Frank was evidently very low after Sunday but said he would not let afew idiots throwing flares stop his work and he will continue. He said this at de toekomst yesterday watching the 16 and 17 year olds he is waiting for to break through.
though we probably shouldn't spend much time talking about ManU, IMO Moyes was dealt a really bad hand with the bunch of aging and mediocre players he inherited from Ferguson. I doubt that Ferguson would have done much better with this group that seems to leak goals in every match and has such a poor midfield that they have to drop Rooney back to help out. Moyes has a multi-year contract and I wonder if the club wants to eat the money and pay a new manager a lot of money as well.

EDIT: OOOOOPS, Moyes has been sacked today.

Secondly, what does FdB get out of all this. Right now he's number one at a club that will likely again play CL football and has a lot of good youngsters coming up through the ranks.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 22, 2014 12:18 pm

This is one of the most laughable quotes that I've seen today regarding possible successors to Moyes at ManU. The manager they are speaking about is Antonio Conte at Juventus (who I think is one of the finest of the new group along with Klopp & Simione).

"His imaginative approach to tactics would also rid United of this dismally predictable rigidity. They would be an engaging team to watch again, and there would be a sense of something modern about them again. The same would apply to a coach like Frank de Boer. "

Seriously, FdB is not rigidly predictable???? :biggrin.gif:

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

The difference between Moyes and Ferguson is Ferguson would have attracted more high profile players in the transfer market who would be tempted by the idea of playing under probably the most renown manager in the world. But yes, with the current group of players he would have also struggled to win much. And god yes, the irony of Frank de Boer not being rigidly predictable.
Godenzonen

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di apr 22, 2014 7:11 pm

By the way, are there any rumours on who might take De Boer's job in case he is lured to move to England? Bergkamp? Would be interesting to see the soft spoken and shy iceberg as the manager for the team.
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm

No idea who would succeed FDB .Big thing has to be his wife has a business and does not want the family to move abroad until the youngest leaves school in 2/3 years time.

After all the downside of Sunday FDB clearly enjoyed yesterday at de Toekomst and mentioned Cerny and Nouri. I really do believe he will stay 3 more years and will only move to a proper run club, ie Arsenal are about the only one who don't sack managers and are content with finishing 4th .Cannot see him leaving us for Spurs where Levy controls everything and whose knowledge of football could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 24, 2014 6:14 am

Orange14 schreef:This is one of the most laughable quotes that I've seen today regarding possible successors to Moyes at ManU. The manager they are speaking about is Antonio Conte at Juventus (who I think is one of the finest of the new group along with Klopp & Simione).

"His imaginative approach to tactics would also rid United of this dismally predictable rigidity. They would be an engaging team to watch again, and there would be a sense of something modern about them again. The same would apply to a coach like Frank de Boer. "

Seriously, FdB is not rigidly predictable???? :biggrin.gif:
I also had to chuckle at the thought of United being an engaging team to watch.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do apr 24, 2014 8:29 am

I really hope that Louis isn't seriously considering taking the MU job and it is only pundit speculation that he is. There won't be a happy ending for him if he does.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Interesting that Pep Guardiola is being slammed in the German media today for playing Ajax-like tactics against Madrid last night in the CL semi. They could have easily been out of the tie altogether had Ronaldo converted the sitter he had served up to him. It just goes to show that possession is not 9/10s of the game as Bayern had almost 75% but only managed one decent shot on goal all match (and Casillas made a great save on that one). The rigid adoption of the 4-3-3 and build from the back may be nearing an end and innovative managers such as Conte (Juventus) & Rodgers (Liverpool) probably should be looked to in terms of changing the offensive approach.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do apr 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Orange14 schreef:Interesting that Pep Guardiola is being slammed in the German media today for playing Ajax-like tactics against Madrid last night in the CL semi. They could have easily been out of the tie altogether had Ronaldo converted the sitter he had served up to him. It just goes to show that possession is not 9/10s of the game as Bayern had almost 75% but only managed one decent shot on goal all match (and Casillas made a great save on that one). The rigid adoption of the 4-3-3 and build from the back may be nearing an end and innovative managers such as Conte (Juventus) & Rodgers (Liverpool) probably should be looked to in terms of changing the offensive approach.
It's kinda cyclical, imo. Until Barca's recent resurgence, 442 was all the rage, or those Christmas tree formations. Then Pep comes along, with boatloads of sublime talent, and manages to make the 433 look sexy. Once again the tactics will evolve, but eventually the 433 will return to favor. It is the nature of the cosmos.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do apr 24, 2014 1:14 pm

The only reason Pep's 433 worked so well with Barcelona was... Leo Messi. Simple as that! When everything else isn't working, a good old dribble and/or through ball will get the job done. No Messi type player and all 433 teams are blah blah blah, just as Ajax manages in the end
May the Force be with you

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » vr apr 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Mourinho had huge part in making the 4-3-3 fashionable in contemporary football, much more than pep. This was the formation he used at Chelsea and helped tear apart the rigid 4-4-2 systems of the British premier league.
Godenzonen

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 29, 2014 11:52 am

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm

De Telegraaf is saying that FdB is going to go to Spurs "to talk and listen".

I know he'll have to leave sooner or later, but Spurs is a basket case, he'd do much better to take his time and pick stable club.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:De Telegraaf is saying that FdB is going to go to Spurs "to talk and listen".

I know he'll have to leave sooner or later, but Spurs is a basket case, he'd do much better to take his time and pick stable club.
I think that there will be a job opening in Munich pretty soon! :biggrin.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 29, 2014 9:42 pm

FDB does say he will listen to what Spurs have to say which suggests he is interested and clearly the story of staying 3 years for his daughter to finish her education is meaningless,otherwise he would just say no I am not interested and I am staying.

My only serious question for Frank is what is he going to do in 2 years time when Spurs sack him for not getting into the CL
Lets face it Man U are not even going to be in it next season and at best Spurs will only finish 6th next season.Levy is a control feak will Frank even last 2 years!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Spurs have gotten into CL maybe only one time and missed out because of the champions rule when Chelsea were able to jump over them. I think the club is no better than the 6th or 7th best along with Everton. ManU won't have European football as a distraction next season and will be back with a vengeance. Can't see Spurs being better than Liverpool, ManCity, Chelsea or Arsenal. No way the make CL.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo apr 30, 2014 9:10 am

the most interesting thing about all this, which people seem to be leaving out, is that all of this supposed contact took place 3 weeks ago. At that point, who was available better than de Boer?... not many, but this week, it is a different story. David Moyes is now available, and openly looking to manage a premier league club. I know who i'd pick... he may have done a poor job at united, but who wouldnt? that team was destined to fail.

If de Boer does leave, were more than f***ed... Sky Sports reckons he will take Stam and Bergkamp with him... which again is odd, can anyone really see Bergkamp working at spurs?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 30, 2014 11:34 am

No way will Bergkamp go with him and Stam wants to be a no 1 so cannot see him go .No reason why Stam cannot take over with DB .

Plaats reactie