Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 30, 2014 2:23 pm

aveslacker schreef: Also, NFL drug testing does not at this time cover HGH. I believe that it will starting next year. Expect to see NFL players get a whole lot smaller and slower.
HGH is way over rated as a performance enhancing drug. Several years ago I was invited by Major League Baseball to participate in a one day symposium on HGH detection, analysis and performance enhancement (I was still employed in the pharmaceutical industry at the time). My talk was on the regulatory implications of formulation change and detection. We had several medical experts who also presented papers and it was the general consensus that if there is any 'boost' it is likely minimal at best. Best drugs still are the anabolic steroids.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 27, 2015 7:57 pm

Frank said today he is staying next season for sure . He has lost it abit this season but after 4 titles in a row he can be given 1 poor season. He does need to bring 2 or 3 experienced players in to balance the youngsters.

This commitment is good as Ajax can now plan for next season .He said today Millk's signing looks good.Pretty sure we will be signing him soon.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mar 02, 2015 7:49 am

You're right that Frank should have another year, but it seems like he's gotten stale this year. I don't know if another year will fix that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 06, 2015 2:00 pm

5 years today Frank took over.4 titles in 5 years and currently we are top with the most goals and least goals given away.We have 100m in the bank and the team is gradually being filled with youth,nearly all Dutch .Ok our football at times has been dreary but we are now starting to dominate matches with goals .Europe has been dreadful this season,not beating a woeful team like Celtic at home a European low.

The fans want Frank out but surely you cannot play like Barca,which is what everyone wants,with a team of kids.Maybe there are times when our history gets in the way, the 70's team with Total football was simply the greatest football team of all time,they came from another planet.The mid 90's also magical but maybe in 2015 we should be realistic.

Big question is when he goes who do the fans want to replace him !! I think we should hope he stays for another couple of seasons and hope these kids stay and develop.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 06, 2015 2:34 pm

The last 3-4 games the team has been much more forward looking in terms of offense. Perhaps things are beginning to gel with all these kids. I'm just as conflicted about FdB as SPL is. I don't see who is out there to replace him now that Wim Jonk has severed ties with the club. Certainly any big name manager is not going to come into Ajax as they play in a second rate league. Because the club cannot keep good players for more than 3-4 years it would be difficult to impose a Barca like system within the club.

It just might be this is as good as it is going to get.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 06, 2015 5:02 pm

How about Ron Jans? He has proven he can get the best out of players. He won silverware in the KNVB cup as well

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di dec 08, 2015 9:03 am

What's Frank Rijkaard up to these days?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:What's Frank Rijkaard up to these days?
Happily retired and I believe he has stated he does not want to manage a club again.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr feb 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Nice column on the underrated Martin Jol: http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/opi ... -erkenning If you don't read Dutch use Google translate. We forget how he brought out the best in a lot of the players and of course with Suarez his squad scored lots of goals!!!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za feb 27, 2016 12:40 pm

A rumour that Van den Brom will be the next Ajax coach. He is way too average. And he is from AZ Alkmaar, nothing good has ever come out from AZ that was exported to Ajax, whether it was a coach i.e. Co Adriaanse (remember that dictator) or players, e.g. Perez, Lindenburgh, de Zeeuw, Moisander, El Hamdoui, SIgthorsson, Viergever.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Not forgetting Gudelj to your list of crap players. I think FDB will stay another year and hope to do better in Europe.Also there are not likely to be any jobs going in England that will interest him. Man u and Chelsea wont take him and Liverpool and Spurs wont be changing . Unless he goes to Newcastle ( and you would be insane to want that job) I dont see him leaving us .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 27, 2016 7:54 pm

I getting to the same point as SPL regarding FdB :baaa.gif: I don't see any top flight jobs opening up that would take him on. Maybe Bayern surprise us all and take him as the replacement for Guardiola as I have not seen an announcement regarding his replacement. Some German clubs have had a Dutch connection in the past so maybe he ends up at a club like Schalke. No top English jobs will be open.

Looks like another year of mediocre football ahead unless the Ajax Board surprise us which isn't likely.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo feb 28, 2016 7:50 am

After the team performance of last season, and continuing into this one, IMO Frank has lost the "star" quality that he gained with the consecutive eredivisie championships. Frankly (no pun intended), I really don't see any top team that would want him. A mid-level job would be the best he would be looking at in any of the major football leagues.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma feb 29, 2016 8:28 am

Orange14 schreef:I getting to the same point as SPL regarding FdB :baaa.gif: I don't see any top flight jobs opening up that would take him on. Maybe Bayern surprise us all and take him as the replacement for Guardiola as I have not seen an announcement regarding his replacement. Some German clubs have had a Dutch connection in the past so maybe he ends up at a club like Schalke. No top English jobs will be open.

Looks like another year of mediocre football ahead unless the Ajax Board surprise us which isn't likely.
Bayern announced Ancelotti as Guardiola's replacement pretty much immediately, so no chance of FdB going there. (Not that there was a chance anyway)

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mar 01, 2016 4:47 am

Frank de Boer is likely to end up at a mediocre team in either the premiership or the Bundesliga, which is a good thing, it means it would be difficult for him to poach any of our key players, such as Klaassen, Veltman, Tete, Dijks,Cillesse etc.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Well today I read that if Arsenal dont win the title then whinging Wenger should go.Well they are going to bottle it again and he is past his sell by date.He is still contracted to 2017 so its unlikely he will walk away and he wont be sacked.

Bergkamp and de Boer are on the list of potential replacements Viera Henry and Koeman also high on the list.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mar 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Maybe we could swap him for Wenger. Actually I wouldn't mind, I know he's not flavour of the month but he's done a lot for Arsenal... Bout time we got over this obsession with former players as manager

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mar 02, 2016 7:50 am

Arsene Wenger is an underachiever, if you dont want former players to take over at Ajax then look no further then Ron Jans, however I dont think its likely to happen, he will probably end up at Vitesse or AZ Alkmaar.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 21, 2016 12:54 pm

It's reported that FdB tore his Achilles tendon playing futsal after the workout today. Operation to repair it is scheduled for tomorrow. No word on whether he will miss being on the sidelines for the next match in two weeks. Pretty weird!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2016 1:07 pm

He will end up with a big boot on his lower leg and crutches, my son did the same injury about 3 years ago playing squash.Of course my son was only 22 Frank is 45 .

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma mar 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Orange14 schreef:It's reported that FdB tore his Achilles tendon playing futsal after the workout today. Operation to repair it is scheduled for tomorrow. No word on whether he will miss being on the sidelines for the next match in two weeks. Pretty weird!
He needs surgery but the next game will be played in 13 days. Probably they don't know yet weather he can walk proper or can just sit then on 3 April.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo apr 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I hope Frank de Boer gets better soon, after this season, his best hope for a good club is at Southampton, ONLY IF Ronald Koeman leaves e.g. for the Dutch national team. Unlikely though.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 14, 2016 8:57 pm

I wonder if Everton get knocked out of the FA cup whether they will sack Roberto Martinez. Everton might be a good club for FdB to move to.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za apr 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Everton are too big for Frank de Boer, if he ends up in the premiership it will be for a team languishing in the second half of the table

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 02, 2016 11:28 am

Big news our new A1 youth coach is Patrick Kluivert,who has signed a 2 year contract.Welcome back to another legend.

Would be nice if JC had known about this ,another old player back,he would have approved.

Still think our new head of youth will be V Gaal though.

Plaats reactie