Ajax friendlies

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax friendlies

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Good to see that Wöber's injury was not serious!!! It wasn't clear from Ajax Showtime whether any subs were used. Also, Orajuela was not listed, I hope he is not hurt.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Ajax 0-1 Duisburg, Zeefuik own goal, he has got to go.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Kaj Sierhuis comes on as a sub and scores the equaliser 1-1 against Duisburg.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Followed the 2 games in between going into town. Just watched the highlights of the 5-1 win over Lyngby . Donny and Hakim 2 each and KJH the other.Good goals.

Look forward to seeing the Sierhuis goal in the 1-1 v Duisburg.

PS Almost as important followed our U17 and U19 teams ,both won their first league games after the break.Brobbey 2 goals for the U17 and Pereira 3 goals for the U19 so along with Sierhuis some talented goalscorers coming through the ranks.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 13, 2018 9:32 pm

I notice apart from Sierhuis,Bakker Lang and Ekkelenkamp debuted v Duisburg.

The great production factory of young footballers in South East Amsterdam is still in full working order.There are still many more youths coming through.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr apr 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that they will be facing Ajax on May 11 in celebration of Hossam Ghaly’s retirement.

The Red Devils had recently announced that their captain decided that he will officially retire from football on May 11, which is the same date as their game against the Netherlands giants which will take place in the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in the UAE.
https://www.kingfut.com/2018/04/12/al-a ... etirement/

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma apr 16, 2018 6:50 am

Ayman schreef:Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that they will be facing Ajax on May 11 in celebration of Hossam Ghaly’s retirement.
That's correct.
feel free to e-mail [email protected] for more information

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Playing Al-Ahly inDubai .CCurrently Ht and 0-0

lineup Onana,Kristensen,de Ligt,Schuurs,Bakker,Mazraoui, v d Beek,Ekkelenkamp,Neres,Dolberg Kluivert.

I think there could be a stream but a meaningless friendly in the desert in very high heat doesn't really appeal. They will only be playing at half pace.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Lost 1-0 they scored 83 mins . In the 2nd half subs used Alblas(who is leaving) Johnsen,Cassierra,Orejuela,de Wit,Bijleveld,Matusiwa Bande . Kristensen Bakker and Schuurs all played 90 mins. Not a very inspiring game from what I read on Showtime.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za mei 12, 2018 10:54 am

Saw the highlights -- from the highlights the other guys had the lion's share of the good scoring chances. May be this is an unfair assessment -- not having seen the game; only the high lights -- but we seemed to have been plagued with the same old imaginationless attacking strategy as always.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 12, 2018 10:56 am

It's extremely hot and humid in Dubai, not exactly fit for playing conditions

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mei 16, 2018 10:22 am

Not really a friendly but a new "fluffy" post season tournament from FIFA...

Source: http://www.football-oranje.com/ajax-to- ... world-cup/

Ajax to be part of new Club World Cup
Posted By Admin On May 16th, 2018 08:38 AM
Eredivisie, Europe, News

FIFA are planning a new club World Cup which will start in 2021 and Ajax are set to be one of the 24 clubs involved.

By Michael Bell

FIFA want to hold a tournament featuring 24 club teams from around the world which will be held in the summer every four years. It will replace the Confederations cup and current Club World Cup which features the winners of the UEFA, CONCACAF, AFC, CAF, OFC and CONMEBOL Champions Leagues.

The first edition will be held in 2021 with clubs invited on historical grounds and gaining €60 million each. The prize for the winner can reach €130-150 million.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Inter, Juventus, Ajax and Paris Saint-Germain are the 10 European nations said to be confirmed for the first tournament with an extra two to be picked from Manchester City, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Porto and Benfica. The other twelve clubs will be picked from around the world.

The tournament will run from June 10 to 28, containing eight groups of three teams, followed by a quarter-final, semi-final and final. No host nation has been decided but China is reportedly keen.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo mei 16, 2018 4:41 pm

I get the historical reason for including Ajax, but based on current form, we would be out of our league (literally) competing with those other teams.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mei 16, 2018 4:46 pm

rjf1 schreef:I get the historical reason for including Ajax, but based on current form, we would be out of our league (literally) competing with those other teams.
For sure but with what's been done to the Champions League, you're unlikely to ever see another club win it from outside the big five leagues anyway, so enjoy it while it lasts...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 16, 2018 6:02 pm

If the 10 chosen clubs are historical why is PSG amongst them . PSG have never won anything and are just a rich arab's play thing . 5 years ago they were just a minor team in the French league.Man City ,another rich arab's toy have spent 500m and won the EPL which is far greater level than the French league.

Historically we belong there .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 16, 2018 6:36 pm

If this helps Ajax keep youth players I'm all for it!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mei 16, 2018 8:20 pm

SPL schreef:If the 10 chosen clubs are historical why is PSG amongst them . PSG have never won anything and are just a rich arab's play thing
That was exactly my first thought when I went through the list.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Pity I'm here in Crete...this would have been a dream "friendly"!!!!

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/ju ... re-season/

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 04, 2018 3:20 pm

saddlerian schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Pity I'm here in Crete...this would have been a dream "friendly"!!!!

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2018/ju ... re-season/
What level of the English leagues does Walshall play? Haven't heard of this side.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

HAVEN'T HEARD OF WALSALL!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!! :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

They are in League 1...(the old division 3)...everyone's favourite "other team"...a really friendly club, and the ground has the best pies in UK football!!!

Just think, up to 5 years ago, I was a Walsall & Ajax season card holder..held them both as when I couldn't get to an Ajax match, always used to watch Walsall..

Memories!!!! :band.gif: :band.gif: :band.gif: :band.gif:

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm

saddlerian schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

HAVEN'T HEARD OF WALSALL!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!! :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

They are in League 1...(the old division 3)...everyone's favourite "other team"...a really friendly club, and the ground has the best pies in UK football!!!
LOL!! In the US we only get the EPL matches on television and the only club I really follow is Liverpool. We were at a wedding in London a year ago for one of our friend's daughter and the groom is a big Ipswich Town fan. He's promised to bring me an Ipswich cap when he comes over for a visit to add to my collection.

I just looked at the League One table and see that your club finished in the bottom half of the table; let's hope for a better performance this season. I guess they will take on Sunderland at some point as they got demoted their first season after bombing out of the EPL.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Wolves have announced they will play European heavyweights Ajax and Villarreal during pre-season friendlies.
Their Ajax game will take place at Walsall's Banks's Stadium on July 19, while they will host Villarreal at Molineux a month later on August 4
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/20 ... illarreal/

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma jun 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Sounds like a cool trip! I'll probably go and try to see them.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do jun 07, 2018 11:06 am

I think I will also be going, three lads I sit with at work are Wolves season ticket holders, and it's only an hour down the road from me..

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Ajax have announced they will travel to the US during this season's winter break to play in the Florida Cup! Other teams may include Sao Paolo, Wolfsberg and Bayer Leverkusen. I may have to take a trip down to see my club!!!!

Plaats reactie