New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 28, 2018 1:25 pm

it's almost a done deal between Ajax and Boca as the two sides have agreed a fee to bring Lisandro Magallán to Amsterdam.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Magallan is arriving today.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Wish we would get transfers out of the way early, e.g. Kluivert/de Ligt leaving while signing Tadic/Alvarez it would give time for the new players to settle in. Btw, Ajax playing in the 2nd round of the Champions league qualifier against Sturm Graz/PAOK and then a third round before the final play offs, is actually a good thing, it gives a chance for players to gel together, and get a rhythm going.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 29, 2018 1:58 pm

We need to sign another CD ,Winger and Goalie if de Ligt ,Neres and Onana left but the rest of the squad is ok and Viergever and Kluivert have been replaced as such. We will shortly buy a MF to replace Ziyech.

de Ligt will go to EPL or nowhere in my opinion and the deadline in England closes 9th August ,just like Italy.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di mei 29, 2018 3:03 pm

SPL schreef:We need to sign another CD ,Winger and Goalie if de Ligt ,Neres and Onana left but the rest of the squad is ok and Viergever and Kluivert have been replaced as such. We will shortly buy a MF to replace Ziyech.

de Ligt will go to EPL or nowhere in my opinion and the deadline in England closes 9th August ,just like Italy.

Kluivert has been replaced? Bande is only good enough at Jong Ajax, while Labyad is more of a back up for the number 8 position i.e. Ziyech's, but soon to be Frenkie de Jong's back up. Hence why I mentioned Tadic, as he can play on the left easily, even though he is accustomed as a number 8.
Agreed with the keeper, I think Onana would end up either at Tottenham or Everton, unless brands signs Jeroen Zoet from PSV. As for the centre back position, as I said in my previous post, I would like to have Alvarez of Mexico, and/or Leo Santos of Corinthians/Brazil. I just hope Erik ten Hag doesn't go for an 'experienced defender in Wim Janssen of Utrecht.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Yes I said Kluivert sort of replaced. Bande probably will be in the 1st team as left wing and Labyad can play there. Of course in my eyes Kluivert and Neres are not real wingers as they always just cut inside and not go down the wing and cross a ball into the centre.

If Neres stays we may not get another winger as Cerny may be back soon and Kuhn and Johnsen are in the Jong ,although probably not ready.We will need to buy if Neres goes, and Leverkeursen will be back with a higher offer if and when Leon Bailey goes.(Bailey could have come here for nothing now I read they want way over 50m for him)

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 30, 2018 9:49 am

SPL, what are your thoughts on a defensive midfielder? I feel like we haven’t had a reasonable #6 since Bazoer. I like Schöne but he can’t play 30+ full games at DM.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 30, 2018 9:59 am

Tom_ schreef:SPL, what are your thoughts on a defensive midfielder? I feel like we haven’t had a reasonable #6 since Bazoer. I like Schöne but he can’t play 30+ full games at DM.
Not SPL but I'll weigh in. I like to think of the position more as a controlling MF; one who can quickly distribute the ball up the field to open players. I'm not sure Schöne ever fulfilled this role.

I don't think Bazoer was a real DM and the last one we had was Eyong Enoh who had one decent season. We did have the aging Dane, Christian Poulsen, for two seasons and he was good in spot duty.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 30, 2018 10:50 am

Orange14 schreef:
Tom_ schreef:SPL, what are your thoughts on a defensive midfielder? I feel like we haven’t had a reasonable #6 since Bazoer. I like Schöne but he can’t play 30+ full games at DM.
Not SPL but I'll weigh in. I like to think of the position more as a controlling MF; one who can quickly distribute the ball up the field to open players. I'm not sure Schöne ever fulfilled this role.

I don't think Bazoer was a real DM and the last one we had was Eyong Enoh who had one decent season. We did have the aging Dane, Christian Poulsen, for two seasons and he was good in spot duty.
I am surprised Daley Blind hasn't been mentioned, I would welcome the idea of him returning, realistically on loan to Ajax, it would compliment both van de Beek and Frenkie de Jong, and Carel Eiting can get some minutes when the opportunity arises, and since it's for 1 season, i.e. potential loan. Carel Eiting can then establish himself the following season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 30, 2018 11:10 am

I'm not sure about our midfield.Not sure we will have a no 6. Frenkie and Donny should be our 2 main MF but will Frenkie play from deeper taking over the Schone role.We then will need a creative play maker to replace Ziyech ie Eriksen, Appie type of MF .

Eiting is a defensive MF and can be bought more in with Frenkie pushed up further field to work with Donny.Where does Labyad fit in, I am not sure where he best plays and he can play attacking MF.

PS This time last year my ideal MF for 2018/19 was simple Frenkie and Donny and Appie. They played incredible football together quick passing and moving complementing each other and I thought they were the perfect trio for Ajax future .

Oh well back to reality!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 30, 2018 11:33 am

Ayman schreef: I am surprised Daley Blind hasn't been mentioned, I would welcome the idea of him returning, realistically on loan to Ajax,
I think I was brain drained from all the travel yesterday (we were stuck on the ground at Heathrow for 2 1/2 hours because of the storms over southern England). Of course Blind did see a good bit of play in the MF as well as at LB. In retrospect, we did get a pretty fair price for him and Mourinho doesn't fancy him at all. I doubt that he will return on loan. I'm still not convinced by Eiting.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 30, 2018 11:44 am

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef: I am surprised Daley Blind hasn't been mentioned, I would welcome the idea of him returning, realistically on loan to Ajax,
I think I was brain drained from all the travel yesterday (we were stuck on the ground at Heathrow for 2 1/2 hours because of the storms over southern England). Of course Blind did see a good bit of play in the MF as well as at LB. In retrospect, we did get a pretty fair price for him and Mourinho doesn't fancy him at all. I doubt that he will return on loan. I'm still not convinced by Eiting.

Sorry to hear that, nothing worse than waiting hours for your flight. But overall, glad you enjoyed your trip. As for Blind, well he is unlikely to return, however, someone has to fill the spot, I don't expect Donny to 'exercise his versatility'. I would prefer someone experienced and knows the Ajax way.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Magallan had his medical yesterday but has returned to Madrid ,where his brother lives. Boca now say they want more than 9.5m as they have to pay 30% tax on that!! Sevilla have been interested and I expect this to end like Richarlison ie he will go elsewhere.

We have been after this guy since last November, its a joke.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Ajax linked with Fellaini of Man Utd. http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/06/06/ ... ax/377994/

Two words = No thanks!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Ayman schreef:Ajax linked with Fellaini of Man Utd. http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/06/06/ ... ax/377994/

Two words = No thanks!
Please for the love of God - let this one be fake.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Amol schreef:
Ayman schreef:Ajax linked with Fellaini of Man Utd. http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/06/06/ ... ax/377994/

Two words = No thanks!
Please for the love of God - let this one be fake.
I'm sure Fellaini's salary is well above €1M/year which is the max Ajax pays right now. I'm not losing any sleep over this one.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 07, 2018 8:59 pm

I am hoping Daley Blind on loan for a season (while renewing his contract at Man Utd) In order for him to secure a move the following season.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jun 07, 2018 10:26 pm

Ayman schreef:I am hoping Daley Blind on loan for a season (while renewing his contract at Man Utd) In order for him to secure a move the following season.
Where would he play? I genuinely want to see De Jong/Eiting at #6. We have Nico at LB and De Ligt in one of the 2 CB spots. Wober/Schuurs for the other one.

Of course this is assuming that both De Ligt and Nico stay past this summer.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jun 08, 2018 4:24 am

Amol schreef:
Ayman schreef:I am hoping Daley Blind on loan for a season (while renewing his contract at Man Utd) In order for him to secure a move the following season.
Where would he play? I genuinely want to see De Jong/Eiting at #6. We have Nico at LB and De Ligt in one of the 2 CB spots. Wober/Schuurs for the other one.

Of course this is assuming that both De Ligt and Nico stay past this summer.
Central midfield, since Eiting needs to develop, but can still get minutes on the pitch, he isn't fully ready yet for a full season though

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Apparently the Magallan deal has fallen through, not official though.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Ayman schreef:Apparently the Magallan deal has fallen through, not official though.
It was dependent on Boca getting a replacement. That has happened and Magallan is supposed to be in Amsterdam this week.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 19, 2018 9:52 pm

Magallan has signed a new contract with Bocas so wont be coming .What a big joke . Now we start again and hope de Ligt does not leave.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jun 19, 2018 10:40 pm

SPL schreef:Magallan has signed a new contract with Bocas so wont be coming .What a big joke . Now we start again and hope de Ligt does not leave.
That's OK, we will move van Gelderen up to the first team, the same way de Ligt did.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo jun 20, 2018 7:42 am

same old story....

it really does make us look incompetent.. year on year.. :confused.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jun 20, 2018 2:28 pm

afcajax73 schreef:same old story....

it really does make us look incompetent.. year on year.. :confused.gif:

It was Boca juniors who delayed and cancelled the transfer!

Plaats reactie