Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » wo sep 01, 2021 1:27 pm

So we are left with the players we started with. I look for Berghuis to move into the MF and he may eventually replace Klaassen. I don't know whether Kudus can play a full season without getting hurt. The track record is not good. Maybe Neres become the first choice sub on the wing now. I agree that if Onana won't extend his contract, he should not train with the club at all. He misread what his value is as a top keeper.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo sep 01, 2021 2:30 pm

Agreed - and I don’t think there’s too much wrong with a big squad. Game time needs to be found for Jong players to break through but there could be another 45+ games this season.

I was just looking at the squad on VI. It hasn’t been updated to include Daramy: https://www.vi.nl/teams/nederland/ajax/selectie.

It’s pretty obvious the midfield, in particular the furthest forward midfield position, is a bit thin compared to the rest of the squad. Would think that’s Berghuis’s best chance of regular playing time.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Seems like Onana is certain to join Inter on a free transfer at seasons end. I hope he does not get picked again and if I were a regular in the JC Arena I would boo the guy. He can train on his own for the rest of the season .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do sep 23, 2021 8:16 pm

SPL schreef:
do sep 23, 2021 6:32 pm
Seems like Onana is certain to join Inter on a free transfer at seasons end. I hope he does not get picked again and if I were a regular in the JC Arena I would boo the guy. He can train on his own for the rest of the season .
That's my sentiment as well. Ajax should not waste any training time on him at all.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 29, 2021 12:45 pm

Overmars says there will be no contract extension with Onana.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo sep 29, 2021 3:07 pm

SPL schreef:
wo sep 29, 2021 12:45 pm
Overmars says there will be no contract extension with Onana.
:headbang.gif:
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 04, 2021 7:41 pm

Latest press report from Italy says Inter want Onana this January which would mean negotiating a transfer fee with Ajax. Inter would have to transfer out their #2 keeper Radu for this to happen so I think this is just speculative. It does appear that Inter will be picking him up next summer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 06, 2021 8:34 pm

Apart from Onana and Labyad leaving on frees next summer looks like Mazraoui will. Report today several Italian sides want him on a free. Ajax should have had him extend before last season ended even if were just to 2023. The same with Danilo who may well not extend and leave for free.

Overmars cannot be blamed for Onana and Labyad,who is a waste of money, but he should have got Brobbey signed before last season started just like with Mazraoui and Danilo as above. Quinten Timber also should have been extended well before last season ended,he could still have been loaned out to Utrecht.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do okt 07, 2021 8:09 am

SPL schreef:
wo okt 06, 2021 8:34 pm
Apart from Onana and Labyad leaving on frees next summer looks like Mazraoui will. Report today several Italian sides want him on a free. Ajax should have had him extend before last season ended even if were just to 2023. The same with Danilo who may well not extend and leave for free.

Overmars cannot be blamed for Onana and Labyad,who is a waste of money, but he should have got Brobbey signed before last season started just like with Mazraoui and Danilo as above. Quinten Timber also should have been extended well before last season ended,he could still have been loaned out to Utrecht.
Negotiations with Brobbey started several months long before Haller was signed. As for Mazraoui, he had a serious injury (his eye) Only after he got the clearance, negotiations started with Ajax, this was the beginning of summer 2021.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 07, 2021 2:02 pm

I think Ajax have put themselves in a bad place with the large contract they gave Haller last season. Players rightfully are asking for large contracts that the club might not be financially able to meet. Overmars is in a tough position.

EDIT: After I posted I read this article on Ajax Showtime about the loss of transfer revenue because of new purchases: https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/hoofdnieuw ... -voorkomen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 08, 2021 1:03 pm

Ayman's post above regards Brobbey and Mazraoui are fair points . Brobbey did have Raiola so I guess I am being unfair on Overmars. Still think we could have got Nous signed to 2023 way back in May with an agreed pay review once he got fully fit but again maybe unfair on Overmars.
Danilo also should have got extended before the season started ,we were going to give him a chance pre season thus we should have given him a 2023 contract.

I also agree with Orange on Haller's salary. This guy is an average striker who's game does not fit with Ajax.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 28, 2021 7:11 pm

Onana is back training with the first team. No statement yet whether he will play or not.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr okt 29, 2021 5:55 pm

Pasveer is in a run of form right now. Keep Onana as the backup in case Pasveer starts making mistakes or gets injured.

He can play Dutch Cup games for all I care.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 29, 2021 2:27 pm

Shaktar Donetsk have offered 15m for Neres ,so we could get rid of him. He has not performed well for 2 years, having been injured.With Tadic,Daramy ,Antony and even Berghuis to play wide we could do without buying a replacement but Berghuis has mainly played MF and with Kudus always injured we would still need to buy.Although Bergwijn would not be my choice or that of many fans.

3 others to be sold this winter Labyad, who isn't really worth a place on the bench,plus Jenssen and Danilo neither are good enough for the 1st team and get in the way of teenage talents at Jong.

Finally Tagliafico is on Chelsea's list but not top.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo dec 29, 2021 6:26 pm

It would be great signing Bergwijn (a major PSV player) after this summer's Berghuis transfer. If Neres leaves, we need to get a replacement
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Max de Waal, Jong striker, is going to PEC Zwolle on loan for the rest of the season.Ajax want to extend his contract from 2023 to 2024 first.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 11, 2022 7:41 pm

Looks like Neres to Donetsk is a done deal 16m plus a good % of future resale.He has struggled for form and fitness since the end of 2019 season so good luck to him in Ukraine. His new team plays in Kiev.

Bergwijn likely to replace him but Conte says he wants him to stay. Levy is in charge of transfers at Spurs and makes all the decisions.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Neres now gone for only 12m with add ons rising to 16m. Very cheap but he has been out of form for over a year .Good luck David and thanks for all you have done for our club.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jan 17, 2022 11:29 am

SPL schreef:
di jan 11, 2022 7:41 pm
Looks like Neres to Donetsk is a done deal 16m plus a good % of future resale.He has struggled for form and fitness since the end of 2019 season so good luck to him in Ukraine. His new team plays in Kiev.

Bergwijn likely to replace him but Conte says he wants him to stay. Levy is in charge of transfers at Spurs and makes all the decisions.
The problem at the minute is that teams don't want anyone to leave, even fringe players due to COVID and squad sizes. If, for example, Spurs let 3/4 fringe players leave in January, then have a COVID outbreak, they're shafted. Lots of teams are really reluctant to let anyone go.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 31, 2022 8:26 pm

Another Jong Ajax fringe player Julius Dirksen leaves for Emmen.He is also a LB played little and with contract up in June has left us.

Clearing out Jong Ajax this month .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 21, 2022 1:15 pm

Bayern have offered 15m up front and 10m add ons for Gravenberch.This is not enough ,Ajax want 35m but I cannot see us getting more than 30m.

With Gravenberch and Mazraoui leaving and V Gelderen also likely to leave Jong this summer thats all Raiola's players gone .It still leaves Brobbey with him and although I would be happy for Brobbey to still be an Ajax player no way with Raiola.

Ajax must never deal with Raiola again.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 25, 2022 8:40 pm

All players whose contracts run to 30 June 2022 have to be informed by 31 March whether they will be renewed or not.

Ajax have now confirmed that Labyad,Danilo,Mazraoui,Onana,will leave.Tyton on a short contract wont stay. Steks is not getting a new deal at present but they may still keep him. Brobbey we can wait until the season ends although with Raiola as agent I would send him back to Leipzig.

2023 wont be so dramatic as Gravenbech and Tagliafico are going, leaves just Pasveer,Blind and Klaiber although we have an option to extend him.

Ajax have this week said they wont just let players run down the final year of their contract in future but will sell or leave them on the bench.

Still have 6 Jong players with contracts running out so expect Ajax to confirm who goes shortly.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 08, 2022 2:01 pm

Gravenberch and Mazraoui both going to Bayern. Fee for Gravenberch says 28m plus add ons.To be confimed by Ajax.

Overmars plus ETH are leaving Ajax in a mess but not just with free transfers to Mazraoui and Onana. ETH basically plays with 12 players and that leaves the backups without playing time and not ready. Onana,Tagliafico,Labyad and Danilo(Feyenoord want him) are all leaving with 4 or 5m for Nico the only transfer money.

Apart from Klaassen,who is one of the 12 regulars,none of the rest of our back up are ready to be first choice ie Taylor, Rensch,Schuurs,Daramy,Kudus.From Jong the only player who could be ready is Ihatteren.

Brobbey has big potential but he has never competed 90 mins in a senior game.He will cost 10m and has Raiola. No way do we want him .He has left us ,could get a few more goals to get us the championship, but let him go back to Leipzig.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 12, 2022 9:45 am

SPL schreef:
vr apr 08, 2022 2:01 pm
Gravenberch and Mazraoui both going to Bayern. Fee for Gravenberch says 28m plus add ons.To be confimed by Ajax.

Overmars plus ETH are leaving Ajax in a mess but not just with free transfers to Mazraoui and Onana. ETH basically plays with 12 players and that leaves the backups without playing time and not ready. Onana,Tagliafico,Labyad and Danilo(Feyenoord want him) are all leaving with 4 or 5m for Nico the only transfer money.

Apart from Klaassen,who is one of the 12 regulars,none of the rest of our back up are ready to be first choice ie Taylor, Rensch,Schuurs,Daramy,Kudus.From Jong the only player who could be ready is Ihatteren.

Brobbey has big potential but he has never competed 90 mins in a senior game.He will cost 10m and has Raiola. No way do we want him .He has left us ,could get a few more goals to get us the championship, but let him go back to Leipzig.
Amazing to see how quickly everything can implode...
We can still end the season with the double .... or nothing.
Panic and disaster scenarios always come quickly at Ajax. :smallgrin.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Jong Ajax CD Nordin Musampa has signed for Groningen on a 3 year contract ,his contract is up with us so its a free transfer. A decent player for Jong but nothing special so have to see how he gets on .

Plaats reactie