New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » do dec 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Rensch is better than Dest but Mazraoui will just stay for the season. Only new players will be if Neres or Tagliafico leave.

Nico leaving next month would be a greater problem as it leaves Blind as the only LB although Rensch could play there temporary.

We have some talent coming through at LB, Salah-Eddine is playing well after a long injury ,Youri Baas has been injured but promising, and at U18 Prince Aning is doing fine. Trouble is these players are not yet good enough to be understudies so if Nico leaves do we buy!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo dec 29, 2021 2:00 am

Stay away from Dest. Please.

Also can't believe anyone in their right mind at Ajax would send Nous plus any serious cash for Dest. Good luck to Barca in moving him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Brobbey's 6 month loan now confirmed.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jan 10, 2022 6:39 pm

We are apparently seriously in the chase for Bergwijn and an offer of €18M has been made to Spurs.

We rejected a €15M for Neres from Shakhtar and are holding out for a €20M offer.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 20, 2022 1:50 pm

Bergwijn scored 2 injury time goals for Spurs last night so I think he wont be coming. Not too worried about that, dont think he is that great and 25m far too much as he wont replace Tadic or Antony but be on the bench.

So today we hear we are taking on loan Mohammed Ihattaren from Juve. with an option to buy. He has left Raiola having been sold to Juve and loaned to Sampdoria.He soon left Samp and has done nothing since October. He is training in Amsterdam with Ajax trainer Gerald Vanenburg before signing for Utrecht but Ajax are now taking him on.

I think this is great ,the lad has hugh potential and over a year ago lost his father who was his guiding figure.The kid was not treated right by PSV and Raiola should be no where near youths,look at Brobbey who hated living in Leipzig.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm

Ihattaren is really good and if Ajax can help get him straightened out it would be a major plus.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr jan 21, 2022 1:22 am

agree, he just needs to lose some weight and have someone to help him get things straight. I’m glad that bergwijn is out of consideration. find him overrated and not worth the money Tottenham are asking and the salary he’s asking

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 21, 2022 9:25 am

kezme44 schreef:
vr jan 21, 2022 1:22 am
agree, he just needs to lose some weight and have someone to help him get things straight. I’m glad that bergwijn is out of consideration. find him overrated and not worth the money Tottenham are asking and the salary he’s asking
Bergwijn will only come in the summer, if not this one, the one after, and that is only if Antony leaves, no way can Ajax pay a sum for a player and give him a high salary while he is on the bench.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2022 9:29 pm

Just signed an 18 year old Ecuador lad called Patrickson Delgardo.He is a DMF and we have signed him on loan to June 2023 with an option to buy.Reading comments on Ajax showtime no one knows anything about him.He will join Jong Ajax.

We are after another Brazilian Giovanni this lad is an 18 year old winger but we have offered 15m but he has a buy out clause of 60m!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Mohammed Ihatteren now official,rented for 12 months with an option to buy of 2m. Hope it works out as he is a quality talent.

Spurs have bought a winger from Juve so Bergwijn can still come tomorrow.

Not sure what is going on with Tagliafico ,seems he could still go to Barca but leaves us with Blind and Martinez as our only 2 left footed defenders. No talk of signing a LB as Salah-Eddine cannot go to Sparta on loan in case Nico leaves!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 30, 2022 8:19 pm

Bergwijn is not worth €25 which is the number I have seen requested by Spurs. The only reason to pay this much is if Antony leaves at the end of this season.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo jan 30, 2022 9:04 pm

I agree this seems like too much for Bergwijn. I can’t remember, does he play on the left? Maybe he’s looked at as backup for Tadic, since Daramy is a long way off first team quality.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Agree 25m too much for him.Haller cost 22m and everyone said way too much!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 31, 2022 5:39 pm

With 7 hours to go its very quiet in Amsterdam.London press say Bergwijn deal wont happen.We should have kept Neres ,the poor guy is about to be in the middle of a war with Russia.12m was ok for him but even this summer we surely would get 10m .Selling without a replacement was daft.

Nico staying so just Jensen and maybe Salah-Eddine on loan the only leavers .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 03, 2022 10:28 pm

Robin Ruiter, ex Utrecht Willem goalie is likely to join us for the rest of the season as back up in case Onana is injured. Gorter is out for 2 weeks and if Onana were injured we would have 17 year old Charile Setford in goal.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 07, 2022 12:16 pm

Ajax have decided to sign 35 year old Polish goalie Prezemyslaw Tyton until the end of the season as cover. They chose him over Ruiter.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 07, 2022 7:13 pm

Our 2nd new player of the day is a 16 year old Belgium MF from Anderlecht named Rayane Bounida.He joins from 1st July 2022 ,contract to 2025. Rated a hugh talent and some big clubs wanted him. He is an Ajax fan and a big follower of Appie Nouri.Evidently Appie's brother showed him around the Arena when he visited Amsterdam back in the summer.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di mar 08, 2022 2:41 pm

On the new keeper - just reading about Pasveer, AS say he’s out for the season.

It must have been an extreme injury to his hand. 8 weeks already sounded like a long recovery for “just” a broken finger. How on earth did he play in that match after he did it in the warmup?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 06, 2022 7:37 pm

Spurs want 30m for Bergwijn and that will be too much for Ajax. He had a decent record at PSV, has done zero at Spurs but does well for Oranje.

Seems like our new coach also wants Haller to stay so dont see us paying out 15m for Brobbey. He has a good future,has scored important goals this season but cannot last 90 mins.

Early days in the market but if Haller and Antony stay maybe a S American back up striker and another young Brazilian winger.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 20, 2022 11:41 am

At youth level we are signing a 16 year old Polish MF talent called Jan Faberski ,fee not known but he gets a contract to 2025.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jun 21, 2022 7:39 pm

SPL schreef:
ma jun 06, 2022 7:37 pm
Spurs want 30m for Bergwijn and that will be too much for Ajax. He had a decent record at PSV, has done zero at Spurs but does well for Oranje.

Seems like our new coach also wants Haller to stay so dont see us paying out 15m for Brobbey. He has a good future,has scored important goals this season but cannot last 90 mins.

Early days in the market but if Haller and Antony stay maybe a S American back up striker and another young Brazilian winger.
No, Haller is on the cusp of moving to Dortmund, pending negotiations between Ajax and the German giants.
Bergwijn deal is absolutely on as per Fabrizio Romano, tier 1 journalist. Brobbey's deal still in the works, Ajax also linked with a loan for Zirkzee from Bayern as a back up striker. Let's hope PSG get serious about Antony as well.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jun 22, 2022 8:57 pm

Tottenham and Ajax agreed a fee for Steve Bergwijn, for accounting reasons Ajax want the deal over the line by or just after July 1st. He is all but an Ajax player. If Ajax keep everyone else, and sign Brobbey and a left back (possibly a right back). The jigsaw would be complete. And Ajax would be ready to roar in the Champions League

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jun 23, 2022 8:09 am

I think they need another striker (or is there a candidate in the youth team?°.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jun 23, 2022 9:21 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
do jun 23, 2022 8:09 am
Ha! Just seen we're also looking at Joshua Zirkzee...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 23, 2022 1:10 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
do jun 23, 2022 8:09 am
Max de Waal was sent out on loan this past season but did not impress and won't make it. Christian Rassmussen is the striker for Jong Ajax but not ready for prime time. I watched a number of Jong Ajax matches but have not been convinced by him.

Plaats reactie