Ajax friendlies

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax friendlies

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 02, 2022 1:52 pm

The second half was pretty bad. Ajax subbed in everyone and most of the players were either Jong Ajax or U-19 players. They were easily out muscled on the ball and committed lots of awful turnovers that led to four goals by Paderborn. The only good thing is that Gorter got a real work out and made some very nice saves. Ajax had only one shot on goal, a late attempt by Martha that was easily saved. Obviously, none of the players are ready for Ajax 1. Here is the lineups with the substitutions.

Gorter; Klaiber (46' Gooijer), Magallán (46' Aertssen), Pierie (60' Warmerdam), Baas (46' Salah-Eddine); Regeer (60' Brandes), Ünüvar (46' Giovanni), Fitz-Jim (46' Delgado); Ihattaren (60' Dall), Rasmussen (60' Enem), Banel (46' Martha).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 02, 2022 9:08 pm

Thanks for reports .Paderborn play in German 2nd league and a higher standard that Young Ajax. 2nd half we had a mainly U19 team ,most just come out the U18 youths

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 03, 2022 12:45 pm

SPL schreef:
za jul 02, 2022 9:08 pm
Thanks for reports .Paderborn play in German 2nd league and a higher standard that Young Ajax. 2nd half we had a mainly U19 team ,most just come out the U18 youths
It was clear that the Paderborn players were much older and far more physical than the Ajax team, particularly the subs in the 2nd half. Because of this huge difference it is really hard to tell which of the U19 players will come through. As I noted, Gorter had a fine match. Fitz-Jim acknowledged that he needs more experience with Jong Ajax. That pretty refreshing to hear!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 09, 2022 1:49 pm

2-0 at the half against Lokamotiv Zagreb. Ajax have played maybe 80% of the match in the opponents half. Taylor with another fine match got the first goal and then a nice pass to Baas who had a free header. No trouble with the defense at all. Banel looks promising at RW.

Lineup: Gorter, Klaiber, Schuurs, Blind, Baas; Regeer, Klaassen, Taylor; Banel, Rasmussen, Ünüvar

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Match ends 3-0 with a late goal from Enem with the assist from Martha. Lokamotiv had one good shot that was parried by Gorter. Defensively, the second team was much better than last week against Paderborn but I honestly don't know how good this Zagreb team is. Some good combination plays but Ajax could not get a decent shot off. In the end a good result.

Second Half Line up with substitutes: Gorter, Klaiber (61' Gooijer), Magallán) Pierie, Baas (61' Salah-Eddine); Regeer (61' Warmerdam), Hlynsson, Fitz-Jim, Banel (61' Martha), Rasmussen (61' Enem), Ünüvar (61' Van Axel Dongen).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 10, 2022 12:06 pm

Thanks for comments Orange.Seems like Taylor had a good game ,he should take over from Gravenberch.So Enem scores for the 1st team but still has no contract.!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 15, 2022 3:23 pm

Scorless at the half against Belgium club KAS Eupen. No clear chances for either club. Lineup for Ajax: Gorter; Rensch, Schuurs, Blind, Wijndal; Álvarez, Klaassen, Taylor; Berghuis, Bergwijn, Tadic

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 15, 2022 4:28 pm

Match ends at 1-1. Ajax conceded first in the 2nd half when two KAS Eupen players were kept on sides, I think by Tagliafico. Blind and Magallan could not recover and Gorter had no chance. Kudus had a great shot about 10 minutes later that clanged off the post. He got the lone Ajax goal in the last 10 minutes on some very nice passing Reeger to Daramy, to Tagliafico who cut it back to Kudus for the put away. Gorter had an excellent save on a free kick just outside the box that was curled around the wall. Eupen didn't create much else in the match. van Axel Dongen went off with an injury 13 minutes into the 2nd half.

2nd half lineup and subs: Gorter; Klaiber, Magallán, Blind (Pierie 63'); Tagliafico; Regeer, Kudus, Taylor (Fitz-Jim 63'); Daramy, Klaassen (Rasmussen 70'), Van Axel Dongen (Ünüvar 63').

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 19, 2022 3:06 pm

Just realized that Ajax friendlies are live on Youtube. :blush.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 19, 2022 6:23 pm

2 -1 at the half with goals from Tadic (PK) and Kudus. Conceded goal was a result of poor defensive coverage following a turnover (nothing new about that), Schuurs got back but his sliding tackle knocked to ball off the Red Bull attacker and into the net. Wijndal was bundled over in the box for the penalty and Bergwijn delivered a nice cross that an unmarked Kudus found the net with.

Line up: Gorter; Rensch, Schuurs, Blind, Wijndal; Álvarez, Berghuis, Taylor; Bergwijn, Kudus, Tadic,

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Match ends 3-2. Taylor with a nice goal on a combination of passes to make it 3-1. Klaiber gives the ball away cheaply deep inside Ajax territory for an easy score for Red Bull.Sontje Hansen had a nice shot on goal late in the match and Ajax were saved the embarrassment of a draw when a late score was pulled back for off side. I guess the Tagliafico transfer has not been done yet as he came in the 2nd half.

Line up with the substitutions: Gorter; Rensch(Regeer 64'), Schuurs (Klaiber 64'), Blind (Magallán 64'), Wijndal (Tagliafico 64'); Álvarez (Hlynsson 64'), Berghuis (Rasmussen 64'), Taylor (Fitz-Jim 58'); Bergwijn (Hansen 64'), Kudus (Klaassen 46'), Tadic (Daramy 64')

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 19, 2022 10:54 pm

Saw the full game as well and here are some of my observations -
  • Bergwijn was invisible when he was playing, but was solid when he moved to LW.
  • I'm really liking Taylor's play and will keep saying that he's what Gravenberch was touted to be.
  • Defense was shambles but understandable because we're missing Timber and our new signing Bassey.
  • Rensch needs to step up his level. He seems to have lost his mojo after not starting many games last year.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 20, 2022 12:13 am

Schreuder said there needs to be 3-5 new signings. Ajax must offload Schuurs, Rensch and Klaiber. There after sign a back up centre back and a world class right back e.g. Gonzalo Motian of Seville.
If Alvarez does leave for Leipzig, then sign a replacement in Jerdy Schouten.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 23, 2022 12:48 pm

Three Ajax players tested positive for Covid. Today's friendly against Eintracht Frankfurt is cancelled and the team is heading back to Amsterdam.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 26, 2022 8:59 pm

In the final friendly of the pre-season, Ajax defeated Shakhtar Donnetsk 3-1. Teams were level at the half 1-1. Tadic, starting at striker got the goal for Ajax following a nice run by the Shakhtar winger who beat Pasveer on the short side. Berghuis pegged Ajax ahead with a shot from distance that was deflected and the keeper could not recover having gone the wrong way. Kudus closed out scoring with a nice goal off a couple of passes, the final one coming from Brobbey. It's interesting that Schreuder brought Fitz-Jim in at RB for the final 23 minutes. Alvarez had a good game at DM allowing both Blind and Timber to push up into the attacking half. This may provide a clue as to how Ajax will attack this season. Our new winger Conclcao came on for Antony. He has a lot of quickness and got a late shot on goal that sailed over the cross bar.

Line up and subs:

Pasveer; Rensch (Fitz-Jim 66'), Timber (Schuurs 66'), Blind, Wijndal (Baas 76'); Álvarez, Berghuis (Taylor 80'), Klaassen (Brobbey 76'); Bergwijn (Kudus 66'), Antony (Conceição 76'); Tadic.

EDIT: the Shakhtar players had the names of all the Ukranian cities that are either occupied or have been under attach by the Russians.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jul 27, 2022 2:02 pm

How do you all rate Kudus? I haven’t seen any of the friendlies in full but he’s looked strong in the bits I have seen.

I am worried about the defence, but there are plenty of exciting attacking options in this squad! I’m looking forward to the season getting underway.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 27, 2022 3:02 pm

Tom_ schreef:
wo jul 27, 2022 2:02 pm
How do you all rate Kudus? I haven’t seen any of the friendlies in full but he’s looked strong in the bits I have seen.

I am worried about the defence, but there are plenty of exciting attacking options in this squad! I’m looking forward to the season getting underway.
Kudus has done well and I think will get a lot of playing time. I'm still not clear about Scheuder's tactics and whether he is going to make slight changes in how EtH handled things. I think the defense will be OK. Yesterday was the first time Timber has played and the new guy from Rangers has yet to play. As long as Blind stays as a CB I think they will do OK. PSV look to be the only challenging team in the league as Feyenoord lost too many good players.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jul 27, 2022 9:42 pm

kudus has had a very good preseason. he’s looked explosive and play on the field has been quicker with him around. he has also scored regularly in the preseason games. rensch didn’t look great yesterday and I think mazraoui’s departure will be felt most accurately. blind was in trouble a couple of times yesterday as well due his lack of speed so we’ll have to see how that goes.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jul 27, 2022 10:31 pm

Yep, RB is my main worry. Don’t like to pick on the guy but I reckon Rensch would be at a KKD team if he played any other position. We just happen not to have anyone else to play RB.

Wonder whether Ajax will play 2 left footed CDs (Bassey and Blind), in which case I can see Timber at RB.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 28, 2022 12:06 pm

Not really seen much friendlies but we need a RB and with Schuurs wanting out we need another RCD as cover.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 28, 2022 12:44 pm

SPL schreef:
do jul 28, 2022 12:06 pm
Not really seen much friendlies but we need a RB and with Schuurs wanting out we need another RCD as cover.
I don't think Schuurs leaves this season. He can cover both CB positions.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 31, 2022 1:24 pm

Playing Almere in a friendly Pasveer,Klaiber,Schuurs,Bassey,Baas,Reeger,Hlynsson,Unuvar,Conceicao,Brobbey,Daramy

Not sure why Fitz-Jim starts on bench ,a real talent even if he does look about 14 years old.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 03, 2022 1:23 pm

Lost the friendly 2-0 to Blackburn this morning . Watched the last 20 mins but by then it was a Young Ajax team.Pleased that the only player to stay on for 90 mins was Fitz-Jim ,Young Ajax's best player so maybe he might even see 1st team action.

Grillisch was not in the squad and neither was Gorter,the other 8 x 1st teamers all got action with Kaplan playing 45 mins at RCD.Steks started in goal and played 70mins ,De Graaff was his sub.

Wednesday they play Volendam.

Its a dark gloomy freezing cold day here on the south coast of England so next up is the U18 live on Ajaxtv.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 05, 2022 2:07 pm

Another friendly on weds v Volendam. Young Ajax then play on 11th and 15th in the league so there probably wont be any more friendlies this side of Christmas.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 07, 2022 2:36 pm

Beat Volendam 5-4 in De Toekomst ,game was on on Ajax Tv so watched from 30 mins onwards. We were 3-0 down before Conceicao and Brobbey with 2 each and Hato who got the 1st won the game .Bassey with bad mistake let in their 4th,but overall the defence was poor.Sanchez and Bassey are poor buys. Hato played the 2nd half at LB settled well and looks a fine prospect.
17 year old Vos at DM looks another real talent and I am charmed by the play of Fitz-Jim.

Not sure of any other friendlies so its just Young Ajax with 2 more games in the next week.

Plaats reactie