Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 16, 2022 7:13 pm

Playing MVV tonight

Kremers,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Pierie,Milovanovic,Delgardo,Hlynsson,Fitz-Jim,Martha,Rasmussen,Misehouy

subs De Graaff,Jermoumi,Giovanni,Vos,Kjaer,Banel

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm

4-1 defeat.2-0 down at Ht ,Misehouy got one back on 53 and they scored 2 more. subs used in 2nd half Banel and Jermoumi for Delgardo and Martha and Vos for Hlynsson

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 30, 2022 7:08 pm

Ajax football is back again , I did not follow the Nations League but do know Holland won their group are in the finals and 9 Ajax players in the squad.Have zero interest in England.

Young at Zwolle tonight

De Graaff,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Pierie, Milovanovic,Reeger,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Misehouy, Rasmussen,Banel

subs Kremers,Jermoumi,Giovanni,Vos,Delgardo,Kjaer,Martha

NB Aertssen and Milovanovic are both Cd's but playing full back . Warmerdam and Pierie will never make it at Ajax so a waste playing the lads at FB. Misehouy a creative attacking MF and like Unuvar stuck on the wing . Hansen is suspended.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 30, 2022 9:03 pm

Drew 1-1 .They scored early but also had a man sent off after 13 mins . We scored on 80 from Hlynsson.

subs used Vos for Reeger at Ht,and in the 2nd half Jermoumi for Fitz-Jim, Giovanni for Misehouy and Delgardo for Banel

Zwolle are top so although we were playing against 10 men a draw is ok

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 01, 2022 12:54 pm

SPL schreef:
vr sep 30, 2022 9:03 pm
Drew 1-1 .They scored early but also had a man sent off after 13 mins . We scored on 80 from Hlynsson.
I only caught the 2nd half. Zwolle did not score until about the 65th minute and it was a really fine shot from distance that curled away from the keeper. Ajax were really quite poor against the 10 man team. they could not figure out a way to even get a shot off until Hlynsson had a very nice shot from distance to tie it. Zwolle are a much experienced side and I agree with SPL, getting a point in the match was decent.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Apologies getting confused with their goal time.Of course they only scored just after the hour.Must check what I post in future.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 07, 2022 7:28 pm

Playing Helmond at home and they scored after 1 min . They are down near the bottom and we always lose to those at the bottom.

De Graaff,Vos,Aertssen,Pieire,Baas, Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Regeer,Banel,Rasmussen,Misehouy.

subs Kremers,Jermoumi,Milovanovic,Delgardo,Martha,Giovanni,Kjaer

So the 2 most talented 17 year old MF's Vos is RB and Misehouy on the wing ! Have to say apart from Unuvar gone on loan and Hansen suspended for his 3rd game in a row none of this squad is ready for first team footy. All bar Pierie are teenagers.Hope he goes in january so Milovanovic can play at LCD his real position

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 07, 2022 9:04 pm

Sadly ended in 1-0 defeat , We did get a couple of offside goals but that 1st minute goal was the winner. subs used Milovanovic for Baas at Ht so he played at LB and not LCD his proper position. Jermoumi for Vos and Martha for Banel on the hour with Giovanni for Rasmussen on 75 .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 14, 2022 7:13 pm

just started v Almere

De Graaff,Jermoumi,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Pierie,Regeer,Hlynsson,Fitz-Jim,Rasmussen,Lucca,Hansen

subs Kremers,Milovanovic,Delgardo,Misehouy,Vos,Martha,Banel,Giovanni,Kjaer

Milovanovic still doesn't get time at LCD his position but Pierie and Warmerdam have no future at Ajax

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 14, 2022 9:04 pm

A nice 3-2 win in Almere 2-1 at Ht with Rasmussen scoring 1st then Lucca made it 2-1. They pulled it back to 2-2 but Martha on 78 with the winner

subs Vos and Martha on 60 mins for Jermoumi and Lucca.Milovanovic for Hansen on 75 and Delgardo on for Hlynsson for the last minute or so.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 24, 2022 7:12 pm

VVV tonight and a strong line up.

De Graaff,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Pierie,Milovanovic,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Rasmussen,Conceicao,Lucca,Hansen

subs,Roggeveen,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Misehouy,Vos,Martha,Banel,Kjaer,Giovanni.

Again Warmerdam and Pierie are Cd with the 2 young Cd talents having to play fullback. Roggeveen was on contract last season as a back up goalie and released . With U19 CL games both Setford bros are injured Kremers plays in the CL thus we have signed up Roggeveen as short term cover.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 24, 2022 8:57 pm

1-1 draw tonight ,they scored 1st but Rasmussen soon equalised in 34 mins . At Ht Vos and Misehouy replaced Conceicao and Lucca,thus Misehouy,Hansen and Rasmussen were 2nd half forwards. Just before the end Banel for Hansen.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 31, 2022 8:44 pm

Currently playing Willem 11 and we are 1-0 up nearing Ht Hansen on 21 mins

line up De Graaff Aertssen,Warmerdam,Milovanovic,Pierie, Hlynsson,Regeer,Fitz-Jim,Hansen,Rasmussen,Misehouy

subs,Kremers,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Giovanni,Banel,Kjaer. A few injuries as only defender Gooijer is with Ajax U19 to Rangers in the CL U 19 comp.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 31, 2022 10:02 pm

We lost 2-1 they scored on 48 and 75 mins. Subs used Banel for Milovanovic and Jermoumi for Misehouy with Kjaer and Giovanni making a few minutes at the end for Regeer and Hansen. We play Dordrecht on Friday so hope for a better result then.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Playing at Dordrecht tonight currently 1-1 nearly Ht .Hlynsson scored on 10mins they scored on 30

De Graaff,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Gooijer,Pierie,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Regeer,Hansen,Rasmussen,Misehouy

subs Kremers,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Giovanni,Banel,Vos,Martha,Kjaer Hato( 16 year old LCD of U18)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 04, 2022 8:54 pm

Oh dear they scored on 40 so Ht and we are 2-1 down.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 04, 2022 10:10 pm

A fine 2nd half as we win 4-3. Rasmussen and Hansen scored within 5 mins of the 2nd half starting so 3-2.They got a 3rd with a great shot and then Hlynsson came up with the 4th on 78.

Reading Showtime, Regeer had a good game but 16 year old Hato ,who came on for Gooijer at Ht, was highly rated by the youth followers on Showtime.Seems like a real star. As has been said why have we spent 9m on Kaplan , who is evidently LCD ,when we have Milovanovic and Hato coming through at that position.

Banel played after Ht for Misehouy, with Martha coming on for Hansen for the last few minutes, and Delgardo for Hlynsson for basically 2 mins.

Next up is Den Bosch but we still then play the other 3 Young sides through December.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za nov 05, 2022 9:30 pm

I'm with SPL and do not understand the transfer policy of Ajax when there are good youth players coming through the system. I hope to see more of Hato as well and maybe he turns out to be the next de Light in terms of a home grown defender. Vos has looked very good the times I've seen him and maybe he is the next good defensive MF. Fitz-Jim is the most field aware player since Sneijder (I don't count Frenkie de Jong as he did not start out in the Ajax academy). there are others also. These are players Ajax should focus on rather than panic buys that seldom turn out well.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Well put Orange .You and I think like the fans who post on Showtime. They mentioned Hansen should have got some sub games rather than Ocampos ,who was a panic signing,very expensive to loan and played little.

Grillitsch has played little and surely Regeer and Fitz-Jim ,both having good season with Young, could have played.

Lucca ,on loan ,plays little and I read he could cost 10m .Crazy .The few minutes he has played could have been given to Rasmussen.

Finally,with Blind seen as main LB why pay 10m for Wijndal. Salah-Eddine and Baas were good enough as back up.

I am not saying the above Young players are ready to play a full 90mins but Cruyff said you use your own youth and only sign players if they are better.

So far, Ocampos,Wijndal,Grillitcsh,Lucca and Kaplan have offered us nothing better than our own youths .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 07, 2022 9:13 pm

Jorrel Hato 16 year old LCD ,made his Young debut v Dordrecht, is predicted to debut in the 1st in the next year. Makes me wonder why 9m was spent on Kaplan who plays in the same position.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma nov 07, 2022 11:04 pm

SPL schreef:
ma nov 07, 2022 9:13 pm
Jorrel Hato 16 year old LCD ,made his Young debut v Dordrecht, is predicted to debut in the 1st in the next year. Makes me wonder why 9m was spent on Kaplan who plays in the same position.
I think de Ligt made his Ajax debut as a 17 year old. Yes, this puzzles me as well. Both of us try to watch as many Jong Ajax games as we can and there are some nice players there. Why we ever brought in Ocampos when Sontje Hansen was just as good a bench player. I realize that if you have the chance to pick up an Antony or Martinez, Ajax should do so. But it's rare that this happens. Martinez was really under everyone's radar and I'm still surprised we were able to pick up Antony. I can't wait for Fitz-Jim, Vos, Hlynsson, and the rest of them to come up to the first team. This is what Ajax is about.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di nov 08, 2022 12:19 am

I agree with you two.

At the time, I thought we had to buy and I was happy to see the club being proactive. There was no way the players left behind after the mass sell off would’ve been competitive in the CL.

But with the benefit of hindsight, the players Ajax can afford to buy are no better than the kids we already have. I think we’re better off accepting a cycle of ‘rebuilding’ seasons where the results aren’t as good (which is what happened anyway), while we allow younger players to develop.

I hope the club learned the lesson…

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 08, 2022 11:56 am

Agree with Tom ,the players left after the summer sales were not of CL standard but sadly we have spent 100m and our players are still not CL standard.

Sanchez is not as good as Mazraoui and neither is Rensch. Bassey is not in the same league as Martinez and with Bergwijn being a left winger ,like Tadic ,we have not replaced Antony and indeed not replaced Neres.Haller and his 30 goals have not been replaced we have Brobbey but Lucca is no replacement.

The bank on Sunday was poor,Klaassen, Blind, Taylor still here but Conceicao Lucca and Ocampos have had little playing time. Magallan is still here!!

Thus we have spent 100m, the strongest lineup is now weaker and the bench is also weaker and we have ignored our Youth who could easily be bench warmers .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 08, 2022 1:55 pm

We lost some world class players!!! Martinez may start for Argentina in the WC and Antony has made the Brazil team. Mazraoui will play for Morrocco and perhaps even Gravenberch gets' a call up. Haller wouild be there but for the tumor he had. It's crazy to think that these players can be easily replaced.

The other issue is that bringing in players with high salaries means there is carrying costs going forward that one would not see with the youth players moving up. We could have saved €5m by moving Hansen up and not bringing Ocampos into the team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 14, 2022 8:11 pm

Just started v Den Bosch at home, no tv and cannot find a stream

De Graaff,Gooijer,Aertssen,Warmerdam ,Pierie,Vos, Fitz-Jim,Regeer,Hansen,Rasmussen ,Hlynsson

subs Kremers,Milovanovic,Misehouy,Giovanni,Banel,Martha,Kjaer,Hato and Sarfo( no contract, a right winger now is playing as a RB for U18 this season)

Plaats reactie