Supporters Home Fire

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Gesloten
mr_cooper

Supporters Home Fire

Bericht door mr_cooper » di feb 01, 2005 3:36 pm

does anybody already know who made the fire in the ajax supporters house? what the police said?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » di feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm

Nobody knows, including the police. It may be arson, it may be an accident.

Of course, the web is full of speculations. Lots of idiots out there blaming rival sides and shouting 'revenge.'
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 02, 2005 11:06 am

It is sad to say, but the building being where it is (or was) arson is pretty easy to commit at night.
The police should tell their conclusion soon anyway.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo feb 02, 2005 3:09 pm

Brand in Supportershome aangestoken

Bron: AT5

De brand die zondagavond woedde in het Ajax Supportershome bij de Amsterdam ArenA is aangestoken. Dat liet de politie woensdag weten.
De brand brak zondag rond 23.30 uur uit en verwoestte het houten clubhuis van de Ajax-supporters dat naast het voetbalstadion ligt. De politie onderzoekt nog wie verantwoordelijk is voor de brandstichting.
Ajax wil het Supportershome graag herbouwen. Wanneer het nieuwe clubhuis er komt, is nog onduidelijk. "Tot die tijd gaan we op zoek naar een alternatief onderkomen voor onze fans", legt een woordvoerder uit.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do feb 03, 2005 2:48 pm

Will the fire affect the 105th Bday celebrations in any way? BTW, do we need a "club card" to go to the Ajax-PSV game (and any other games for that matter)? I thought that this came fromthe Supporter's Helpdesk which I imagine that the actual "desk" got torched. I thought I remeber something about being able to get one at the Arena? :sad:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 03, 2005 2:54 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:Will the fire affect the 105th Bday celebrations in any way?
No. Probably not. It's sad enough that someone set the 'home' on fire, but - with all due respect - it was 'just' a wooden shed next to the training pitches. The club will probably build a new one and that's it. Won't affect anything, I think.
BTW, do we need a "club card" to go to the Ajax-PSV game (and any other games for that matter)?
In your case: no. A Club Card is required in order to purchase tickets for Ajax games, but for the Ajax USA trip we're taking care of the tickets - and you won't need a Club Card to get into the ArenA or something.
I thought that this came fromthe Supporter's Helpdesk which I imagine that the actual "desk" got torched. I thought I remeber something about being able to get one at the Arena? :sad:
The Supporters Desk is not inside the Supporters Home. These are two entirely different things. The Supporters Desk is a helpdesk inside the Ajax Fanshop at the ArenA; the Supporters Home was a wooden building which served as a pub and meeting place for the diehards.
Still alive...

cdnajaxfan

Thanks

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do feb 03, 2005 3:44 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I was confused when I read the Ajax USA website last on that one. I remember seeing the supporters home when I was there last March for that great game vs. Roda. I knew what it was when I saw it there. Maybe that whole area of the training grounds and the Arena should have security camers in place, both plain sight and hidden? I don't remember seeing any there. That may deter a lot of problems from happening.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 03, 2005 9:40 pm

I read of the fire and my heart sank. I was just talking about the Supporters Home with Ray Ngiau, Sonic Dream2, and he reminded me of what a blast we had there prior to Ajax -Inter on 12 Nov. 2002. Thankfully, arson-committing assholia can't destroy memories. RIP Supporters home. Hoping it will be rebuilt even better, and with more non-flammable materials.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 03, 2005 10:19 pm

on the day of the Ajax-ADO Den Hague game : how about this for a coincidence ?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 04, 2005 5:27 pm

philippe schreef:on the day of the Ajax-ADO Den Hague game : how about this for a coincidence ?
On the day of a Ajax vs Den Haag fixture that they weren't allowed to attend... Yeah. What a coincidence. You would almost start to think really silly things, wouldn't you? But no. Den Haag would never do something like that.

Anyway - Ajax have arranged temporary accommodation in no-time (respect for that). They've put up a big party tent type thing on the South side of the ArenA (by the Heineken Music Hall). That is the 'temporary Supporters Home'.

I'll take a look on Sunday, for sure.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

things are not what thet seem ...

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 25, 2005 3:15 pm

I just found 5 minutes ago that the supporters home is in good shape.
Afbeelding
it's on the official Ajax site, English section :
"The supporters' home
The Ajax supporters now have their own home. It is situated right behind Ajax's training grounds, next to the Arena.
The home can receive 800 supporters, four hours before and four hours after a match. And also on Friday nights and during training days of Ajax 1, it is open for everyone to enjoy a snack, a glass of beer or a hot cup of coffee.
For public transportation to the supporters' home, take the Metro (subway) in direction 'Gein', and get off at 'Strandvliet' station."
Any update soon ? :sad:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm

philippe schreef:I just found 5 minutes ago that the supporters home is in good shape.
What a relief... :blush:

I don't expect an update, to be honest. Be a good citizen and notify them, I'd say...

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di apr 26, 2005 6:59 pm

Not surprised.The players and management have been losing ,and finally have lost, the plot since August , 2004.The website is just trying to keep up with said flock(gaggle? coven? pride?) of zombies.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 27, 2005 12:37 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Be a good citizen and notify them, I'd say...
I think that I have been more than a good citizen with Ajax, and sometimes I feel I have very little patience left for them.
Appie, stay strong !

Gesloten