News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Wesley Sneijder

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 07, 2005 8:50 pm

Noooo...

AT5 reports that Sneijder has left the Holland training camp due to a hanstring injury sustained during the first training session with Oranje. According to AT5 he is out for England vs Holland and also for NAC vs Ajax.

That would be bad, as we're already missing Van der Vaart for that one (suspended). And Grygera.

If it's true, this is what I would do:

Vonk

Trabelsi - Heitinga - Escudé - O'Brien

De Jong - Obodai - Maxwell

Rosales - Charisteas - Babel

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » ma feb 07, 2005 8:54 pm

Obodai has been put back to the youth team for disciplinairy reasons..
I think I lost my fucking headache

Bericht door 343 » ma feb 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Maybe Lindgren will get a chance on midfield?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma feb 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Lucas schreef:Obodai has been put back to the youth team for disciplinairy reasons..
I know. Time to lift that ban!

Coaches must be hypocrites in emergency situations!

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » ma feb 07, 2005 9:11 pm

And besides, that midfield of yours has a scoring effectiveness of about 0,0...

I would do it like this:

Vonk

Trabelsi
Heitinga
Escude
O'Brien

Pienaar
De Jong
Maxwell

Rosales
Charisteas
??? - Boukhari?

My midfield is also not containing the topscorers, but we have to face the facts, and v.d. Vaart and Sneijder are dangerous on their midfield with their shots. Pienaar is too afraid to shoot, Maxwell is not in his best form, and De Jong's primary task will be to control the midfield, and take care of their offensive midfielders. Maybe De Ridder would be an option for the midfield?

In my eyes, the best left winger we've got at the moment is Nourdin Boukhari, and I see no reason why he has been put back. Mitea is certainly not doing any better. Okay, Boukhari is not the fastest sprinter, but he is a much more stable winger than Mitea.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Siemen

Bericht door Siemen » ma feb 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Do you really think Obodai is good enough to remain at Ajax, Kowalczyk? I remember the game Maccabi Tel Aviv - Ajax... :nooo:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di feb 08, 2005 6:50 am

I would love to see Rosales play in the "#10" position. He can take on defenders like there is no tomorrow. Can then try Babel on the left and de ridder on the right, with Charisteas up front.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di feb 08, 2005 9:19 am

DanK schreef:I would love to see Rosales play in the "#10" position.
You letting Janusz get inside your head? We have enough potential number 10's. Trabelsi and Rosales down the right is the only thing that is working on a constant basis.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di feb 08, 2005 10:40 am

Frans schreef:
DanK schreef:I would love to see Rosales play in the "#10" position.
You letting Janusz get inside your head? We have enough potential number 10's. Trabelsi and Rosales down the right is the only thing that is working on a constant basis.
haha...yeah maybe. he bought it to my attention. must say though, it would be interesting. the problem with him playing down the centre is that he is still a brilliant winger. By doing this though, it would allow de Ridder to actually have a proper run. Didn't say it would work, but wouldn't hurt to try, given our current #10 is doing jack anyway.

Nice to see some locals on the forum as well :)

cdnajaxfan

Re: Wesley Sneijder

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di feb 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Noooo...

AT5 reports that Sneijder has left the Holland training camp due to a hanstring injury sustained during the first training session with Oranje. According to AT5 he is out for England vs Holland and also for NAC vs Ajax.
K.
Ouch indeed! Yep, here is a link to a short story:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 84&cc=5901

Please, let my fav Ajax player get better soon, PLEASE!

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » di feb 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Do you really think Obodai is good enough to remain at Ajax, Kowalczyk? I remember the game Maccabi Tel Aviv - Ajax...
Pointless question...You could ask that about any player of AJAX that took part in that game...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 9:11 am

New report on AT5: Sneijder might miss NAC away...

That sounds slightly more positive... :nooo:

Would be a bad thing to play without him on Sunday. I don't care as much about Raffy being suspended. But Sneijder can crack a defense with a cutting thru-pass. Steven Pienaar (who's most likely to replace him in the starting line-up) most definitely doesn't have that quality.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do feb 10, 2005 3:36 am

DanK schreef: the problem with him playing down the centre is that he is still a brilliant winger. By doing this though, it would allow de Ridder to actually have a proper run. Didn't say it would work, but wouldn't hurt to try, given our current #10 is doing jack anyway.
I agree with those in the 'ajacieden in oranje' forum. De Ridder should be in midfield. Of course, if they're both on the field, they can swap positions for a time. And if it doesn't work we can simply label it another Koeman tactical blunder.
DanK schreef:Nice to see some locals on the forum as well :)
I think there's three of us down in this corner of the world. Not a bad effort.

Has it occurred to you that Ajax has a very bad record in games shown on espn this season? losses to psv, twente, juventus and bayern. Draws with ADO, Utrecht, Feyenoord. The only win I can recall seeing was the 6-2 vs NAC. That would make a played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4 record. It's almost as if there's bad luck associated with a game being played on tv here.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » do feb 10, 2005 6:03 am

Frans schreef:Has it occurred to you that Ajax has a very bad record in games shown on espn this season? losses to psv, twente, juventus and bayern. Draws with ADO, Utrecht, Feyenoord. The only win I can recall seeing was the 6-2 vs NAC. That would make a played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4 record. It's almost as if there's bad luck associated with a game being played on tv here.
I know, and since Ajax stopped winning ESPN stopped showing Ajax games... and changed the timeslot so they're on at 4 in the morning. Bastards.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 10, 2005 6:11 am

Frans schreef:
DanK schreef: the problem with him playing down the centre is that he is still a brilliant winger. By doing this though, it would allow de Ridder to actually have a proper run. Didn't say it would work, but wouldn't hurt to try, given our current #10 is doing jack anyway.
I agree with those in the 'ajacieden in oranje' forum. De Ridder should be in midfield. Of course, if they're both on the field, they can swap positions for a time. And if it doesn't work we can simply label it another Koeman tactical blunder.
DanK schreef:Nice to see some locals on the forum as well :)
I think there's three of us down in this corner of the world. Not a bad effort.

Has it occurred to you that Ajax has a very bad record in games shown on espn this season? losses to psv, twente, juventus and bayern. Draws with ADO, Utrecht, Feyenoord. The only win I can recall seeing was the 6-2 vs NAC. That would make a played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4 record. It's almost as if there's bad luck associated with a game being played on tv here.
actually you're right. espn is bad luck for ajax. didn't do much for holland this morning either. maybe we need to start a 'why espn is bad for ajax' forum

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Suspension

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 8:44 am

Wesley Sneijder picked up a yellow card against PSV. It was his fourth in total. Therefore, he has been handed a one game suspension by the KNVB, which means that he will have to miss the Eredivisie away game at Heerenveen on Saturday 02 April.

By the way: Heerenveen's star midfielder, Mika Väyrynen, was also suspended for one game. I think they will miss him more badly than we will miss Sneijder, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do mar 24, 2005 3:11 am

I know were getting out of subject but....

Cmon guy's blaming ajax poor play on a televisión network, i for one like espn its the only way i can watch a macth every once in a while, besides its been 3 years with ESPN in those tree years its been 1 championship and 2 seconds.

oh and this year you have too ad wins at twente,groningen and versus nec at home.

I prey to the gods ESPN continues to transmit ajax games.

Back on the Sneijder subject thats good news and bad news, good news PIENAAR from the start, the bad news VDV from the start, jeje guess you win some you loose some.

Peace
BRING IT ON !!!!...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do mar 24, 2005 9:42 am

Luckily Sneijder is suspended the next game! Sneijder is falling deep after a promising start. His mouth is bigger then himself. Sneijder had to guard Van Bommel in the psv-game, Van Bommel scored three times, when asked about that, Sneijder responded that it was not his fault. Completely innocent in his eyes.

I think personally that sneijder will never reach the absolute top, he misses fysical strenght and a lot of other things.

He also takes every standard situation (if you know what i mean). Free kicks, corner kicks and even penalties. The free kick and coners do no harm. Weak and powerless.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do mar 24, 2005 12:53 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I know were getting out of subject but....

Cmon guy's blaming Ajax poor play on a televisión network, i for one like espn its the only way i can watch a macth every once in a while, besides its been 3 years with ESPN in those tree years its been 1 championship and 2 seconds.

oh and this year you have too ad wins at twente,groningen and versus nec at home.

I prey to the gods ESPN continues to transmit Ajax games.

Peace
I don't think we were blaming espn for Ajax's poor results, merely making the observation that they play badly in the games that are showed, (and apparently most other games as well).
Also, I don't know what matches are shown in Venezuela, but here we get one Dutch match per weekend, and it is without fail a sunday home game of one of the 'big three'. I don't recall seeing the NEC home game. The Groningen home game is the last match of the season, and of course Ajax managed to lose to Twente in the Arena.(I saw that one) Since then there's been a historic hammering by PSV and 90 minutes of shite against Den Bosch.
Don't get me wrong, I too hope that espn continues to broadcast the dutch league. I wish even more fervently that Ajax would play some decent football so that getting up at 5am on a monday morning would be worthwhile, as opposed to the soul-destroying shambles that is currently broadcast.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

'Club of 100'

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 06, 2005 1:07 pm

If Wesley Sneijder sees action against RKC on Saturday it will be his 100th official match for Ajax. He will then join the so-called 'Club of 100', the club of players who played 100 games or more for Ajax.

Congrats, Wesley.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Re: 'Club of 100'

Bericht door Per » vr mei 06, 2005 1:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:If Wesley Sneijder sees action against RKC on Saturday it will be his 100th official match for Ajax. He will then join the so-called 'Club of 100', the club of players who played 100 games or more for Ajax.

Congrats, Wesley.

K.
That's quite impressive given his age. Is there any statistics on the youngest 100-club member?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 06, 2005 4:59 pm

And that is the thing I like in European clubs- when someone is good player, he just plays! In Poland you have near no chance to play, when you are tallented player, because coaches think, that you are to young! And that is the reason why we don't have much good players... Our youth is very good (we usually have good results in youth championships), but their talents are killing by the coaches... For exaple- when Sławomir Wojciechowski was one of the most tallented players in Europe, Pavel Nedved fall over his own legs! But now Nedved is a star (because he got the chance to play and improve his abilities) and Wojciechowski is too bad for Polish 2nd division...

Congratulations, Wesley :xyxthumbs:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 6:04 pm

Congrats Wesley!! Well deserved! I shall wear my Holland Sneijder 14 top in his honour.I haven't a Sneijder Ajax strip.I tend to jinx players ,so I'll hold off.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Injury

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 13, 2005 12:33 pm

According to a report that just appeared on AT5 Text Wesley Sneijder picked up an injury in training this morning. It is as yet unknow how serious it is, but he had to be carried off and seemed to be in pain. I think we won't see him on the pitch in Arnhem on Sunday...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 13, 2005 2:49 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to a report that just appeared on AT5 Text Wesley Sneijder picked up an injury in training this morning. It is as yet unknow how serious it is, but he had to be carried off and seemed to be in pain. I think we won't see him on the pitch in Arnhem on Sunday...
It's not too bad. At the 'Friday afternoon press conference' Danny Blind told that he bruised a metatarsal in his right foot. It's a bit painful and he will probably not play on Sunday, but it's nothing too serious.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten