New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma mar 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Just to add my two cents. Inter has been playing in the 2-3 most fun games I've watched this season. Both games against Lecce for example were of highest class. I actually haven't liked Italian football before either, but have really changed my mind this season after watching lots of games (my first year with Digital TV).

So to say Inter has been boring this season is not fair. They might have been in the past, but this season, no way.

If we should move back to VD Meyde, who I think was the main subject of this discussion (?) I wouldn't say playing for Inter is why he doesn't succeed over there. He has had many chances to show off, but has, in my opinion, failed most of those times. He lacks the continuity needed to play on the highest level. You can't loose the ball or make a crappy pass three out of four times. It just won't work. I don't think he'll ever be an absolute top class player.

But on the other hand, when he has a good day I really like him, so if he'd prove me wrong, I'd be more than happy.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » ma mar 07, 2005 8:31 pm

I live near Stansted and you can fly to Milan and back in a day for under £30 and the season card was only £70 - so I thought what the hell I have never seen a Milan derby and I wanted to see the ex-Ajax players (especially Chivu as he was a big favourite of mine) so I splashed out and purchased the season card.
Thats cool, but Chivu plays for AS Roma...
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma mar 07, 2005 8:42 pm

Well, Inter play AS Roma at least once a year at the Meazza.

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » ma mar 07, 2005 8:51 pm

The way i interpreted it was that he wanted to see Chivu in action during the Milan derby...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mar 07, 2005 10:23 pm

Mr. Ajax schreef:The way i interpreted it was that he wanted to see Chivu in action during the Milan derby...
Apologies for any confusion. They were meant to be separate points, but if you could use your influence and arrange it it would cut down on one trip.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 2:40 am

Late to the thread re: the return of The Pitbull and AvdM . The Pitbull would be a great pick-up .Attitude, hard work, defensive skill, a left-footer, and versatile enough to play on the left or in the center; trading off with Sneijder. Van Halst from the neck up and much more skilled from the neck down.

Rosales and De Ridder = no need for AvdM.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mar 08, 2005 10:04 am

Blind3 schreef: Rosales and De Ridder = no need for AvdM.
Couldn't agree with you more B3. In fact I think given some actually serious playing time De Ridder can easily pass what vdm gave ajax.

If my memory serves me correctly (which it doesn't always seem to do!), vdm used to get criticised for his playing AND dont forget he was in a great squad at the time, which probably increased his standard of play.

If de ridder (or rosales for that matter) were playing in the squad that did so well in the Champs League a few years ago. I am sure they would have played as well if not better than vdm did.

john_stein

Bericht door john_stein » di mar 08, 2005 10:14 pm

I don't think that Van der Meyde or Davids will come back to Ajax any time soon altough they would really help the team. What about that swedish kid Rosenberg? Ajax showed a big interest in him some months ago. We should really start looking for a new guy in defense and someone to play in Galasek's position. It's always good having someone backing up Galasek especially since he has been through lots of injuries these past few months and the position he plays in the field is extremely important.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » wo mar 09, 2005 4:58 am

john_stein schreef:What about that swedish kid Rosenberg? Ajax showed a big interest in him some months ago. We should really start looking for a new guy in defense and someone to play in Galasek's position.
How about people start looking into Ajax's own back yard, where one of the greatest youth systems in the world is situated. Who would have thought, with all the talk about needing new players, that there is a talent pool full of players who know the Ajax system and cost no more than the price of the paper the contract is printed on to sign up.

Give the youth players a chance. If they don't make the grade then go looking at the market for replacements. I don't think the cost of failed youth players will exceed the cost of failed transfers like Sikora, Soetars, Sonck etc.

just my two cents.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 09, 2005 8:54 am

He is right, you know...

Isn't it typical: Soetaers, Sonck and Sikora failed completely, Zlatan, Grygera, Mido and Escudé need a full year to get used to the whole thing, Charisteas' first two games were alright but he's now dropped back...

The only two débutants in recent months who had an excellent début game and did the business from the very first minute were Babel and Maduro...

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » wo mar 09, 2005 5:03 pm

The amount of talent in our youth-pool, has never been questioned i don't think. If we wanted, we could make a line-up with 11 extremely talented youth players, plus a whole bench. However, there is more to football these days than talent. AJAX at this moment (and for the past 3 years) has had a group bursting and overflowing with talent and skill, with the average age of ( I believe ) 21. We are the primary sources that have seen how that goes wrong, when you miss the experience and mentality. Exeprience, that you can't expect from a teenager just starting on this level. Mentality, that you can ask, but that is also a key issue in the youth system. The AJAX youth teams are always superior to their opponents throughout their whole youth course. This creates a scenario, like we've seen with certain 'talents' (Brutil Hose was the new Patrick Kluivert, to just name one example) where the young talents aren't mentally ready for challenges and set backs...

That is why AJAX cannot fully depend on their talents and own youth. Nevertheless, two or three experienced mentally strong players, such as Davids, are enough to guide a talented and skillfull team such as this one.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Kim Källström

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 31, 2005 9:07 pm

Kim Källström... He's been linked with Ajax before and I remember Jakob really likes him (Per not as much, probably because he hates Djurgården...).

Anyways - Källström plays for Rennes (France) now, has improved enormously as a player and is now linked with both Glasgow Rangers and Ajax. Seems like Rangers are more serious at the moment, but Ajax are mentioned in this article from Sweden's Aftonbladet.

Jakob and Per: anything in there we should all know...?

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Kim Källström

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 31, 2005 9:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Kim Källström... He's been linked with Ajax before and I remember Jakob really likes him (Per not as much, probably because he hates Djurgården...).

Anyways - Källström plays for Rennes (France) now, has improved enormously as a player and is now linked with both Glasgow Rangers and Ajax. Seems like Rangers are more serious at the moment, but Ajax are mentioned in this article from Sweden's Aftonbladet.

K.
This kid is the bomb..... Is Sweden our new obsession after the Belgian tragedy ?
meh :|

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mar 31, 2005 10:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Kim Källström... He's been linked with Ajax before and I remember Jakob really likes him (Per not as much, probably because he hates Djurgården...).

K.
I'm not sure. He's had a tough year so far with injuries. His first season was many steps forward. In my opinion he needs to get some more speed but first and foremost polish his game a bit. Looses the ball sometimes, makes a sloppy pass etc. (nothing that can't be trained away really).

About Ajax-interest it's probably just a newspaper thing. There was Ajax interest before but I think the prize tag is way over the top now and Ajax has a sufficient stack of central midfielders already. The Rangers interest probably came up and then the newspapers hust added Ajax on the side as a "half-lie" (that's my guess).

In short: good player, could get even better, don't think we're geting him though.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » do mar 31, 2005 11:28 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:this article from Sweden's Aftonbladet.

K.
Are you by any chance looking for a boat? ;) Otherwise the actual linked site would be even more odd.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr apr 01, 2005 12:29 am

Jinne schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:this article from Sweden's Aftonbladet.

K.
Are you by any chance looking for a boat? ;) Otherwise the actual linked site would be even more odd.
AHHAHHAHA Jinne you're right.... Seems like a copy/paste problem :D

the article points to an article in Dutch dealing with Boats with on board motor..... Nice avatar by the way :headbang: ;)
meh :|

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr apr 01, 2005 1:11 am

I would love too see him at Ajax, he's young, talented and stronger(quite big compared too are current midfield players) he also has a powerful shot and i believe he's a lefty so he would be an ideal replacement for VDV. On the other hand we are already stocked in the midfield position with lindgren and maduro coming up nicely.

Man Ajax sure has a Swedish fetish, although a good fetish just look at the list Stefan Pettersson, Peter Larsson,Zlatan and now lindgren, thats way better than Soetears,Sonk,Van Damme, bet Kompany could brake that bad streak though.

I wouldent complain if both(kompany,kallstrom) hop on board
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 01, 2005 2:31 am

I've heard Ajax is looking for skillful players who can really" motor", but this is ridiculous.

BTW, I too would enjoy seeing the Special K factor ;Kallstrom and Kompany; at Ajax.Ooops, forgot the unforgettable Kowalczyk.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 01, 2005 8:08 am

Jinne schreef:Are you by any chance looking for a boat? ;) Otherwise the actual linked site would be even more odd.
This is hilarious... :D

Yes - I was indeed checking out some canal boats on that Marktplaats site... Actually, I will probably end up buying the one I accidentally linked to. We're going to inspect it tonight. I will keep you posted... :D

Anyway: the article in Aftonbladet is right HERE and the same thing is also mentioned in this little article on Sky Sports.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr apr 01, 2005 9:28 am

Nice Boat Menno, Can't wait for next years history tour by boat :headbang: !!

The oddest thing about the actual article is the advertising byline at the top -

1) Is this the Steve Perryman??
2) What is he doing in a Swedish paper???
3) What's he got to do with F1 racing (my Swedish is "poor" but I managed to translate that bit!)

Keep up the good work guys :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Edgar Manucharyan

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 01, 2005 11:34 am

From VI.nl:

Edgar Manucharyan is currently getting the second chance that Ajax promised him. The Armenian striker currently trains with the first team of the Amsterdam club. Manucharyan was on a try-out at Ajax in early December. The Amsterdam club wanted to test the Armenian talent. The bog testcase was a friendly against FC Barcelona. Manucharyan started, but had to be replaced after only 14 minutes due to a foot injury. He turned out to have broken a metatarsal. Manucharyan (18), who plays for Armenia's champions Pyunik Erevan, has now recovered from that injury and could take Ajax up on their promise to give him a new chance to prove himself.

K.
Still alive...

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » za apr 02, 2005 9:21 am

Some news on Kallström:
Thanks to nr 23 on AN:
Manchester Evening News

SCOTTISH CRACKS LOOK TO MANCHESTER

Both United and City were in transfer action today as they prepared to lose players to Rangers.

Robbie Fowler and Darren Fletcher both look set to complete deals that will see them complete moves to the Scottish giants in the summer.

It's understood that Fletcher, currently nursing a twisted ankle, is becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of first team action available at United and may welcome a move to Ibrox as Gers' boss Alex McLeish looks to strengthen his midfield as he prepares for another European assault after this years disappointment. A move for Fletcher seems more likely after swedish maestro Kim Kallstrom knocked back a move to Scotland in favour of a move to Dutch outfit Ajax.

Sir Alex remains a fan of the young Scot and it's understood a loan deal may suit both clubs with United having an option to recall Fletcher at any point during the second half of the season. Any potential move will undoubtadly strengthen the relationship between United gaffer Ferguson and Gers boss McLeish.

Both United and Rangers were unavailable for comment.

However, the Gers look set to seal one half of their northwest swoop within the next 48 hours as Robbie Fowler looks set to swap sky blue for light blue and join his boyhood idols in a deal worth around £1.2m plus extra money after appearances.

Striker Fowler will battle it out with current Rangers strikers Dado Prso and Nacho Novo for a first team spot as McLeish looks to add a further killer touch to his team.

Manchester Evening News understands that Fowler's transfer may be unveiled to the public in less than a week. A move that would infuriate the City faithful after it was revealed that skipper Sylvian Distin is all but set to join Liverpool in the summer.
So who knows ?? :eusa_pray:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo apr 03, 2005 6:48 am

:headbang: :eusa_dance::xyxthumbs: :yes: :razz: :happy: :poketounge: Great news i really like this guy, just hope it´s the real deal and not a rumour. How reliable is the source ?
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Neefkens
Erelid

Bericht door Neefkens » zo apr 03, 2005 9:25 am

I am not too sure..... :blush:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo apr 03, 2005 11:12 am

I just read an interview with him in which he says nothing about a move being even upcoming or discussed. He just stated that he's in a good form and that he likes it at Rennes at the moment.

I do not hink he will come to Ajax.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Gesloten