Ajax USA's 5th Annual Rendezvous in Amsterdam

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Ajax USA's 5th Annual Rendezvous in Amsterdam

Bericht door ajaxusa » za feb 05, 2005 5:08 pm

This thread will serve as the discussion place before, during and after our March 2005 trip to Amsterdam.

This thread REPLACES the old trip forum on SoccerPages, which is still there, so you might want to surf over and read it. But it's closed; any new posts should be posted here.

Thank you.
Laatst gewijzigd door ajaxusa op vr feb 11, 2005 4:46 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Important instructions

Bericht door ajaxusa » za feb 05, 2005 5:57 pm

The trip page http://www.ajax-usa.com/travel/2005/ and the thank-you page has been updated with some more detail and some instructions for submitting down-payment.

If you are interested in attending, but haven't submitted the interest form, please do so now!

Meanwhile, everyone who has already submitted the form, you'll be getting an email from me with the same instructions as on the thank you page.

Point of interest: we have received requests for 35 match tickets to date! If even half of those folks actually show up, we'll have a nice sized group once again! :cheer:

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo feb 06, 2005 5:09 pm

I've updated the trip page with an FAQ.

cdnajaxfan

Re: Important instructions

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma feb 07, 2005 1:16 am

ajaxusa schreef:The trip page http://www.ajax-usa.com/travel/2005/ and the thank-you page has been updated with some more detail and some instructions for submitting down-payment.
I may be blind, but I did not see anything about downpayment details at the linked page. What are the details?

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma feb 07, 2005 10:45 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
ajaxusa schreef:The trip page http://www.ajax-usa.com/travel/2005/ and the thank-you page has been updated with some more detail and some instructions for submitting down-payment.
I may be blind, but I did not see anything about downpayment details at the linked page. What are the details?
You are not blind. The details about down-payments are posted on the Thank You page (ordinarily only shown after submitting the Interest Form).

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di feb 08, 2005 5:11 pm

ajaxusa schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:
You are not blind. The details about down-payments are posted on the Thank You page (ordinarily only shown after submitting the Interest Form).
Oops, I never saw that page, thanks for the link. Sorry about that. Keep your eyes on the mail!

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr feb 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Any word on the "TBD" St. Patty's Day party?

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za feb 26, 2005 12:57 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:Any word on the "TBD" St. Patty's Day party?
No, not from me, anyway. Menno might want to suggest a meeting time and place. It will be an extremely informal pub crawl, nothing more formal than that.

After all, if we Irish were more well organized, we'd already be ruling the world. :eusa_dance:

By the way, I will shortly send out some info to everyone who has submitted a ticket downpayment, including cellphone numbers for both me and Menno. When all else fails, attendees ought to be able to hook up with us via the phone...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do mar 03, 2005 6:31 am

Less than 2 weeks away! Here I am, in our nation's capital (DC), having survived a night on the town (beer is cheap on a Wednesday in DC!) and the frigid temperatures. It's like I'm in training for mid-March in Amsterdam. :-)

Looking forward to the reunion...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mar 03, 2005 9:01 am

ajaxusa schreef:By the way, I will shortly send out some info to everyone who has submitted a ticket downpayment, including cellphone numbers for both me and Menno. When all else fails, attendees ought to be able to hook up with us via the phone...
Just checking when we should be getting the info. Will be flying out to Europe next week and wanted to make sure everything was OK before then.

Can't believe I am going from 30 degree (celcius) days to -2!!!

Cheers

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » do mar 03, 2005 4:29 pm

DanK schreef:Just checking when we should be getting the info.
Hm, maybe something's wrong... I have sent some email information to attendees but received very little responses. All attendees should register on AjaxUSA.com in order for me to give you password-protected access to the attendees-only content on the website!

Here is my list of current attendees. If you are NOT on this list but DO plan to join up with us for any of the following events: Arena Day, History Tour, Ajax-PSV, Young Ajax-Young PSV -- please get in touch with me!

Name - Ajax-PSV Tix
Jim (me) - 2
Matt T. - 1
Mark S. - 2
Brock K. - 3
Eric C. - 1
Greg S. - 2
Bob Z. - 1
Daniel N. - 2
Peter & Dave T. - 2
LaJuana D. - 1
Tom B. - 1
RJ F. - 1

Also, if you ARE on this list but do NOT plan on attending, that's also important to know, so get in touch with me.

You can post a message here, or (preferred) email me at jim(at)ajaxusa.com. Thanks!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr mar 04, 2005 2:01 am

ajaxusa schreef:
DanK schreef:Just checking when we should be getting the info.
Hm, maybe something's wrong... I have sent some email information to attendees but received very little responses. All attendees should register on AjaxUSA.com in order for me to give you password-protected access to the attendees-only content on the website!
You can post a message here, or (preferred) email me at jim(at)ajaxusa.com. Thanks!
Have sent you an email to sort this out.
Cheers

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr mar 04, 2005 5:10 am

I've emailed Dan and I think all is well now. Any other attendees (confirmed or would-be) looking for more information? Get in touch please!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr mar 04, 2005 12:08 pm

ajaxusa schreef:I've emailed Dan and I think all is well now.
you da man... :worshippy:

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr mar 04, 2005 2:04 pm

UPDATES: We now have 24 confirmed attendees! Big group! :cheer:
We have spoken to TicketUnlimited; our tickets are likely to be in the upper ring this year, hopefully adjacent to Vak 410 which would be awesome (great atmosphere). Still don't know the per-ticket price, but will know that shortly.
Also note that the start-time for the History Tour will be moved up a bit, probably to 10am on Saturday.
All attendees should have access to the attendees-only web page now; if you don't, please get in touch with me straight-away.
Cheers,
- jim

labcom

Bericht door labcom » zo mar 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Jim,

Are airline tickets siginificantly higher this year compared to last year? What sort of prices did you get from California?

erick

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo mar 06, 2005 7:13 pm

They are a bit higher than last, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the fact that we're flying 6 weeks later in the year; the closer you get to Spriing, the higher the airfares. I think we paid around 350 r/t last Jan, and 550 r/t this March.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr mar 11, 2005 4:31 pm

Reminder to Attendees: There is a link at the bottom of http://www.ajax-usa.com/travel/2005/ titled "Ajax USA: Attendees Only page (password required)". Follow that link for detailed trip info (including ticket locations and cost) and an attendees discussion. If you can't access the page, please send me email.

Now then, I just received the following email from Ajax:
Training next friday will be (is planned) at 10.30. I just heard that
your group (around 15 people) can attend the festivities that will be held
at Friday evening. I will give you more details at the beginning of next
week. It will be a great party!
In... teresting! I don't have any more details than that; when I know more I'll certainly let you know. But meanwhile, I guess our group should consider reserving Friday night, after ArenA Day, for some sort of Ajax 'birthday' party, probably at the ArenA.
:headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 10:16 am

Ajax USA trip attendees: there's some new info on the 'attendees only' page (and the attendees only discussion forum). Please check it - and please keep it to yourself.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mar 15, 2005 10:32 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax USA trip attendees: there's some new info on the 'attendees only' page (and the attendees only discussion forum). Please check it - and please keep it to yourself.

K.
Ugh. Don't make it any worse that I can't be there this year!!! X'C

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di mar 15, 2005 9:56 pm

aveslacker schreef: Ugh. Don't make it any worse that I can't be there this year!!! X'C
I agree. Damn you all! :sneaky1: :furious3: X'C

Next year! :eusa_pray:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Only ten days ago the whole country was covered under a thick layer of snow. But now? It's Spring! The sun is shining and you can feel warmth in the air. It's great to be outside. Very nice indeed.

Seems like this year's Ajax USA group will be lucky (weather-wise). The weather is a very important thing on ArenA Day and History Tour Day. On Match Day it doesn't matter, though... On that day all we need is a win... :nooo:

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mar 16, 2005 4:19 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Only ten days ago the whole country was covered under a thick layer of snow. But now? It's Spring! The sun is shining and you can feel warmth in the air. It's great to be outside. Very nice indeed.

Seems like this year's Ajax USA group will be lucky (weather-wise). The weather is a very important thing on ArenA Day and History Tour Day. On Match Day it doesn't matter, though... On that day all we need is a win... :nooo:

K.
Believe it or not it's about the same in France. Two weeks ago, the country was covered with snow and now we have 23°C !!

Kicks ass to be unemployed in moments like that.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Carcajou schreef:Kicks ass to be unemployed in moments like that.
Yeah, like having plenty of time to sit on the terraces of nice pubs, but no cash to buy a drink... ;)

Kidding! Kidding! You're right: it's awesome. I do have the cash to buy drinks, but absolutely no time to go out and sit down somewhere... I'm at my computer all f#cking day... Which is far worse, actually.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo mar 16, 2005 6:17 pm

Carcajou schreef: Believe it or not it's about the same in France. Two weeks ago, the country was covered with snow and now we have 23°C !!
Believe it or not, but it's not even close to spring here in northern Sweden. Dammit, I've had it with the snow already!

Oh well, the weather-girl said something about warmer weather next week. Maybe we'll even get + degrees. :confused:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Gesloten