Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Apostata
Contacteer:

Bericht door Apostata » di mar 15, 2005 5:39 am

I'm happy they've simply managed to make a practical decision, for the sake of the team (the board of Ajax, that is). Blind may well end up as a punctuation mark in Ajax's coaching history, but I agree - we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about the choice of Grim. We'll see.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 7:52 am

Apostata schreef:Frankly, I'm more concerned about the choice of Grim. We'll see.
Oh, don't worry about him.

I totally see why you don't rate him as a talker and as a thinker (I don't, either), but he's 'only' the goalkeepers' coach. Some specific, individual training for the goalies can never be a bad thing and I guess Fred Grim can teach them a thing or two. Otherwise he can't do much 'damage'. He won't even be on the bench during actual games (Will Coort never was). The three men on the bench will be Blind, Krol and Van der Lem.

By the way: as said, I have my doubts about Danny Blind (is he ready for this?), but I think he's put a very good staff together. I love the fact that Van der Lem is back (the things he immediately said about the passing and crossing shows that he sees problems and that he will work on them).

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di mar 15, 2005 9:31 am

How come 'Kowalczyk's Optimist-O-Meter' dropped back to 10% after the boost yesterday?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 15, 2005 9:38 am

jakobg schreef:How come 'Kowalczyk's Optimist-O-Meter' dropped back to 10% after the boost yesterday?
I guess it was an 'excitement boost'... Today it dropped back to a more 'realistic' level, I guess...

:yes:

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 15, 2005 11:50 am

Cruyff talked Ajax out of Jol

Jon Brodkin
Monday March 14, 2005
The Guardian

Martin Jol has committed himself to Tottenham and is close to signing an improved contract. The head coach ended doubts about his future after Ajax failed to follow up their interest after talks with Johan Cruyff about their choice.
Cruyff still has huge influence at Ajax, where he was a player and coach, and appears to have advised the club to pursue a different path. Jol might well have stayed at Spurs even if Ajax, with whom he held preliminary talks, had formally offered him a job but knew by the end of last week that a return to Holland was no longer an option.
Jol stressed he was "happy" at Spurs and "committed to the club" and added: "There are only a couple of minor things to talk about concerning the contract. I have made my position clear. If you want a clear answer I will give it. I am not interested in the [Ajax] job at all."

Let him stay where he likes ... :D

ben

Ajax Coaches

Bericht door ben » do mar 17, 2005 6:49 am

HI, Guys
I'm new here. I'm from Albania but now I live in New York.
I always read what you guys write about Ajax till I find out how I can write in this forum.
Maybe i am the only one to be happy with Danny Blind as Ajax coach.
Ajax is great because of their filosophy the have for more than 30 years.
I mean the youth is base of the first team. Ajax bought many players from all europe but the real talent is there in our youth.
Van Gal one of the best coaches Ajax had was a guy without experience When he started, but he was based on Ajax. We had only Litmanen, Finidi and Kanu when Ajax won the Champion Leagur title.
I think Blind is different form Wouters. Many people don't like Van Gal but I think he liked Blind to be Ajax Coach. Blind knows all about Ajax system.
I would like to see the old Ajax with 3 defenders.
Koeman did a lot of experiments with the players and the players really don't don't know what they are defenders or midfielders or forwards.

I think Blind will win the first game against PSV.
Sorry Guys I wanted to say a lot but being new thats enought.
Support Danny Blind!

thanks
ben

Manneken Pis

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do mar 17, 2005 8:32 am

ben schreef:HI, Guys
I'm new here. I'm from Albania but now I live in New York.
Welcome Ben.

:cheer: :eusa_dance: :cheer:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 17, 2005 10:08 am

I like the fact that Danny Blind has kept on Ruud Krol as number 2 and brought in Gerard van der Lem. A good teaching triumvirate I think. I just hope that the teaching and the positive feelings expressed by several players will translate to a more intelligent and energetic last 2 months and beyond.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do mar 17, 2005 5:26 pm

Hello people greetings from the sunny country of Venezuela !!!!!!
I just want to add my two cents on the Blind debate as my first post

It´s always a risk to add a coach with little ore none experience at top level football, but i believe that Blind well do just fine( well i hope). He´s a true ajax player who has grown with the sistem (and the fans love him).
Ok, so his job as technical director was a fluke(horrible one by the way) but lets remember that its one thing to be a TD and a totally diferent one being the head man behind the bench( Van Gaal is an example) besides after his TD duties blind started coaching the youth teams, that is an important fact that we have too look at, as TD blind dident believe in the youth sistem thats why he went nuts buying crapy players, now he believes and knows the type off talent our youth sistem has and what they are capable of, lets hope he will use his knowledge in that matter.
A new chapter in ajax football is starting i wish i could know in what direction we are heading, but only time will tell, i for one will be an optimist till the end.

OK OK this is getting too long, i for one have faith in the guy if Van Basten did it so can Blind, i just hope :eusa_pray: we get some beginers luck on sunday ( i´ll watch the game on ESPNDeportes 6:30 AM :headbang: nothing like watching a good game while the sun is rising)

See you people
Peace out

Ppppppssssssssstttttttttt hey Danny play 3-4-3 Please....????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 17, 2005 9:40 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Hello people greetings from the sunny country of Venezuela !!!!!!
I just want to add my two cents on the Blind debate as my first post

It´s always a risk to add a coach with little ore none experience at top level football, but i believe that Blind well do just fine( well i hope). He´s a true Ajax player who has grown with the sistem (and the fans love him).
Ok, so his job as technical director was a fluke(horrible one by the way) but lets remember that its one thing to be a TD and a totally diferent one being the head man behind the bench( Van Gaal is an example) besides after his TD duties blind started coaching the youth teams, that is an important fact that we have too look at, as TD blind dident believe in the youth sistem thats why he went nuts buying crapy players, now he believes and knows the type off talent our youth sistem has and what they are capable of, lets hope he will use his knowledge in that matter.
A new chapter in Ajax football is starting i wish i could know in what direction we are heading, but only time will tell, i for one will be an optimist till the end.

OK OK this is getting too long, i for one have faith in the guy if Van Basten did it so can Blind, i just hope :eusa_pray: we get some beginers luck on sunday ( i´ll watch the game on ESPNDeportes 6:30 AM :headbang: nothing like watching a good game while the sun is rising)

See you people
Peace out

Ppppppssssssssstttttttttt hey Danny play 3-4-3 Please....????
Bienvenido en AjaxTalk amigo. Es un placer tener aficionados de todos los paises aqui :D

Back to english or I'll get my ass kicked.... I really agree with you, Blind did a horrible job as a TD because he forgot what Ajax is about : the youth.

Now he's gotten used to that way of working and he knows the generation
of De Jong, Heitinga, De Ridder etc.

Let's hope he'll get the best of those.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

John van den Brom

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 8:49 am

John van den Brom, coach of Young Ajax, will also coach Ajax A1 until the end of the season. He replaces Danny Blind. It will be a busy time for Van den Brom, but he told the management he could do it and will coach both teams for the time being.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di mar 22, 2005 9:29 am

For a laugh (from theworldgame.com.au)
Koeman lauds Van Bommel
Former Holland and Barcelona great Ronald Koeman has claimed that midfielder Mark van Bommel is the best Dutch player in the game at the moment.

The 27-year-old captain of PSV Eindhoven is out of contract at the end of the season, and has been strongly linked to a number of top clubs throughout Europe, including the Catalan giants.

Koeman, who starred for Barca during the 1990s and scored the winning goal for the Nou Camp club in the European Cup final against Sampdoria at Wembley in 1992, is certainly an admirer.

"He is the best player from Holland at the moment and fits into the Dutch team well," Koeman said to Catalan radio on Monday
=====================================
A few things about this:
1. I noticed it didn't say former successful ajax coach
2. At least van bommel can be thankful he didn't play under koeman so he could ruin his career.
3. Who cares
4. Title of this article could read: "koeman states the bloody obvious"
5. What is koeman doing on Catalan radio?

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » di mar 22, 2005 5:32 pm

I note at least Blind played all the players in their natural positions against PSV.

Does this now confirm that the issue is not so much the calibre of the coach but more the lack of talent and commitment at his disposal?

Perhaps we should start a Koeman back campaign?

Lets get in before Blind has time to settle.

One player who looks particularly out of his depth( pardon the pun) is Rosales-he would be more at home in the circus!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 5:46 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:the issue is not so much the calibre of the coach but more the lack of talent and commitment at his disposal
:X
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mar 22, 2005 6:30 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:the issue is not so much the calibre of the coach but more the lack of talent and commitment at his disposal
Well the same players seemed of a calibre to hold the likes of Arsenal a couple of years ago....they've declined in technique, movement off the ball, and lost motivation under Koeman....what was your point again?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Fred Grim

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 11:38 pm

From Ajax.nl:

Fred Grim, who was added to the technical staff of Ajax-1 by new head-coach Danny Blind, signed an extended and improved deal today. He committed to Ajax until the summer of 2008.

K.
Still alive...

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » za apr 02, 2005 12:37 am

K,

So let me get this straight.

You now have a blind coach and he is being fully supported by a grim man.

How the hell is this going to lead to total sexy football?

Number9

Bericht door Number9 » zo apr 03, 2005 8:37 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:K,

So let me get this straight.

You now have a blind coach and he is being fully supported by a grim man.

How the hell is this going to lead to total sexy football?
Let's bring in a three man rotation at the head coaching position...

1. Co
2. Cow-man
3. Blind

That way we can fire a manager after every game and have two left for rumors and speculation. I've said it again and again... Koeman was NOT the problem. Now we see that this is true. Losses to Willem II and AZ will further confirm this.

My prediction: Ajax 6th in Eredivisie in 2005

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma apr 04, 2005 5:36 am

Number9 schreef: Let's bring in a three man rotation at the head coaching position...

1. Co
2. Cow-man
3. Blind

That way we can fire a manager after every game and have two left for rumors and speculation. I've said it again and again... Koeman was NOT the problem. Now we see that this is true. Losses to Willem II and AZ will further confirm this.

My prediction: Ajax 6th in Eredivisie in 2005
Just as Koeman benefited from all the hard work done by Co, now Blind reaps the rewards of the platform laid by Koeman. You can't expect him to turn around the team in a week. I think Ajax will continue to have a shit April, but once May rolls round, there's a few easy games to finish the season, and begin the rebuilding for next year.

EDIT: actually the last week of April is when the easy games begin, RBC and De Graafschap.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 04, 2005 12:28 pm

No way are we going to finish 6th . We are still 9 points clear of 5th place.

Even if we lose to AZ and the Fword we will still finish 4th.

Do the 3rd,4th and 5th clubs plus cup winners still qualify for UEFA Cup?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 12:32 pm

SPL schreef:Do the 3rd,4th and 5th clubs plus cup winners still qualify for UEFA Cup?
Yes.

So, I admit it will be really hard to not qualify for the UEFA Cup, but we're working on it.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di apr 05, 2005 6:33 pm

8 games to go. I hope it doesn't happen ,but a 6th place finish is about all AFC Motley Crue deserve. :pukey:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Sir Alex Ferguson

Bericht door Sir Alex Ferguson » di apr 05, 2005 10:20 pm

Chaps, perhaps it is time to drop some so called high profile players and blood more youngsters?

Also worth considering a 3-5-2 formation as the current crop of players do not seem capable of playing to the formation and positions that they are being asked to perform to/in.

Europe will be a hard target to miss this season but unless something changes Ajax are bang on target.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo apr 06, 2005 2:45 am

Sixth place will be enough to play UEFA Cup if Ajax beats Willem II in the Amstel Cup.

If we play PSV in the finals, we'll be in the UEFA cup even if we lose that game and all of the eight remaining league games.

So there's no point playing 3-5-2 just because it might score some extra point in the league. Preparation for next season has started and since we're not gonna play 3-5-2 next year, we shouldn't play 3-5-2 now.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo apr 06, 2005 8:18 am

Sir Alex Ferguson schreef:Also worth considering a 3-5-2 formation as the current crop of players do not seem capable of playing to the formation and positions that they are being asked to perform to/in.
I take it Pizza 5 asked you to post 3-5-2 as he is really obsessed with the idea.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Plaats reactie