News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

NAC Breda

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 07, 2005 5:56 am

Something different...

We've all noticed that NAC Breda (normally a good team and actually in Europe this season!) are having a terrible season. They've been close to the relegation zone throughout the season and may consider themselves lucky that there were three extremely shit teams in the league (Den Bosch, De Graafschap and RBC).

NAC lost their 7th (!!!) home match in a row yesterday night. The fans are grumbling, especially because the latter two home defeats were against their 'tiny neighbour' RBC Roosendaal and their arch-enemies, Willem II...

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » za mei 07, 2005 12:17 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Heracles is a very nice club. Great tradition, long history, nice jersey, small but nice ground... Yes, they eliminated us in the cup (as a First Division team) in 1996. Remarkable achievement.

As for Sparta: it would be great to have them back.

I sure hope they'll make it, if only because I believe it would be a 'healthy' thing for the Eredivisie if Den Bosch, De Graafschap and RBC all go down. They're so much weaker than the rest... it would be very unnatural if they stay up. We want new blood! New names! :yes:

Three newcomers would be nice: Heracles, Sparta and - preferably - VVV or Volendam. That would be awesome.

K.
De Graafschaap and Den Bosch were promoted last year, and they can't handle the pace. What difference would it make if they go down and two (or three) more strugglers came up? It's been a long time since a promoted team anywhere made in an impact in their first season in a new division.

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » za mei 07, 2005 1:49 pm

Fc Den Bosch might be a shit team, but hell they provided us with one of the biggest laughs of the season. In a week that was probably our best of the season too. I would love to see both Heracles and Sparta come in. The first also to give 'kunstgras' it's debut on the highest level and the other simply for their past and to have at least one team from Rotterdam to cheer for.

Upcoming friday will be the big game in the GGD. Sparta can still make up for the choking of the last two weeks, when they host Heracles. Will be the first time again, since the (in)famous Fox period I think, that a game from the GGD will be shown live again on tv.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za mei 07, 2005 5:51 pm

I would like to see Sparta back up. I remember travelling to see Frank Rijkaard's Sparta at Thug-trecht, hearing how passionate the support of the then pathetic Sparta were, seeing said fans spit on and pelted with coins by Thug-trecht support (sounds familiar), and feeling empathy for the side and their support .As said, Heracles is just a great story.Whether they cope or not, nice to see a new face.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 2:11 pm

:D X'D :rofl: :blub:

NEC 2, F-nerd 0.

HAHAHAHA What a joke. Again.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Den Haag vs AZ

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 3:06 pm

Kenneth Perez just scored for AZ at ADO Den Haag: 0-1, ten minutes before the end. Only if they lose the second slot will officially belong to us. If AZ win we require one more win out of the last two games...

K.
Still alive...

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » zo mei 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Two late goals (yet again) have spoiled AZ's last chance now. We're in the CL with this score now.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

First Division

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Two more games to go; Heracles now three points clear... Was this the decisive blow...?
I didn't even notice that Sparta and Heracles will acytually play each other next weekend! In Rotterdam. If Heracles win the championship is theirs. If Sparta win they will be level again, which will make for a very exciting final matchday!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 3:19 pm

AZ lost! We're second!

Yeah!

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 08, 2005 4:26 pm

Okay, several things are now certain:

Ajax are second and will play Champions League qualifiers. AZ and Feyenoord are already certain of UEFA Cup qualification, just like cup finalists Willem II.

Holland's fourth UEFA Cup berth is for the #5 on the table. Heerenveen are three points ahead of Vitesse (#6) and four of Twente (#7). The table's #8 (Roda) can no longer qualify for 'Europe'.

Thanks to their win over AZ, ADO Den Haag are now 'safe'. The bottom three are now official: RBC Roosendaal, De Graafschap and Den Bosch. It is also sure that RBC will be the #16 (play-offs). They are seven points clear of Den Bosch and De Graafschap, who now have the same number of points (Den Bosch won; De Graafschap lost). Who will go down directly and who will finish 17th, thereby claiming a last chance in the play-offs...? It will be decided on the last day.

For us, the last two games no longer matter. We will play a very motivated Vitesse next week. They scored a stoppage time winner at Utrecht today (1-2) and are still in the race for the fifth slot.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 08, 2005 4:51 pm

When I read that F-word got drubbed ,again, I could picture the exasperation on the face of Ruud Gullit.Him = :dissapprove:. Me= :rofl:
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo mei 08, 2005 4:58 pm

I was so busy jacking up Ruudi, who Can Fail after all...apologies to The Clash, that I forgot to give a shout to ADO for ensuring, before Ajax did so themselves, that Ajax will have CL qualifying footie in August . ADO are certainly much better than some of their supporters deserve.

Thanks Ko for taking the time to clear up just what the last two weeks means for clubs in the top seven,now that Roda aren't in the hunt, and for the bottom 3.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo mei 08, 2005 10:12 pm

Blind3 schreef:When I read that F-word got drubbed ,again, I could picture the exasperation on the face of Ruud Gullit.Him = :dissapprove:. Me= :rofl:
Bet you it wasn't his fault though :headbang:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma mei 09, 2005 2:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:AZ lost! We're second!

Yeah!

K.

Kowalczyk knows how to make Ajacieden happy!! :D
=A=J=A=X= =4=E=V=E=R=
Afbeelding

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 09, 2005 6:58 pm

I hope Ko you will be cheering on Heracles as apart from my old friend Kwame Quanseh they have 2 former Ajax youths playing Sergio Hellings, Sherjill MacDonald. From memory they both left as 17 year olds about 3/4 years ago to Anderlect and are now playing for Heracles. So we should all be cheering on this little club.

Before you say anything Ko yes I do have a mind full of useless info.I do remember where most of the players who have left us in the last 3/4 years have gone. The reason,apart from my memory, is the discovery of the best football website in the world Ajax USA. When I first discovered the site in early 2002 you listed every player on our books at the time including about 20 that were on loan.I have just kept a note of most ins and outs since.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 13, 2005 4:00 pm

will p$v kill feyenoord next Sunday, and make them have to fight till the vey last game to make sure that they end 4 and not 5 ?
that would the last but not least thrill of the season. :eusa_pray:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: First Division

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 14, 2005 10:04 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Two more games to go; Heracles now three points clear... Was this the decisive blow...?
I didn't even notice that Sparta and Heracles will acytually play each other next weekend! In Rotterdam. If Heracles win the championship is theirs. If Sparta win they will be level again, which will make for a very exciting final matchday!
Heracles survived Sparta's siege yesterday in Rotterdam: 0-0.

Which means that Heracles stay three points clear of Sparta with only one more game left to play. One point in their home game against Veendam on Friday night and the championship will be theirs.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Congrats, Heracles!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 20, 2005 8:29 pm

It's official: Heracles Almelo are the 2005 champions of the First Division. They get promoted to the Eredivisie directly. A 2-2 draw at home against Veendam was enough for them. Ronald Hamming gave Heracles a bit of a scare by giving Veendam the lead in the 40th minute, but goals by Buikema (63') and our man Kwame Quansah (65') put Heracles in the lead. Hamming equalized immediately after the 2-1 (66'), but that was it. 7,000 spectactors at a sold out Polman Stadium went bananas. Heracles are a club with a great history, but since football went professional in the mid 1950s they were only in the Eredivisie between 1961 and 1966 and for one season in 1985-1986. Twenty years later they're back. Good for them.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr mei 20, 2005 9:50 pm

good memories. We beat them in Almelo that season...1-8
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 21, 2005 8:09 am

Lucas schreef:good memories. We beat them in Almelo that season...1-8
Yeah - and in the only official fixture we've played against them since they kicked us out of the cup as a First Division side...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 21, 2005 12:02 pm

O my poor De Graafschap... :aai:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 21, 2005 1:17 pm

We now know almost all the details of the promotion relegation play-offs, except who will finish 17th in the Eredivisie (Den Bosch or De Graafschap; RBC are 16th, that's for sure).

Here are the groups:

Group A

RBC Roosendaal
Stormvogels Telstar
VVV-Venlo
FC Volendam

Group B

De Graafschap/FC Den Bosch
Sparta Rotterdam
Helmond Sport
FC Zwolle

Group A Fixtures
Wed 25 May
Stormvogels Telstar vs FC Volendam
RBC Roosendaal vs VVV-Venlo

Sat 28 May
VVV-Venlo vs Stormvogels Telstar
FC Volendam vs RBC Roosendaal

Tue 31 May
FC Volendam vs VVV-Venlo
Stormvogels Telstar vs RBC Roosendaal

Fri 03 Jun
VVV-Venlo vs FC Volendam
RBC Roosendaal vs Stormvogels Telstar

Mon 06 Jun
Stormvogels Telstar vs VVV-Venlo
RBC Roosendaal vs FC Volendam

Thu 09 Jun
VVV-Venlo vs RBC Roosendaal
FC Volendam vs Stormvogels Telstar

Group B Fixtures
Wed 25 May
Sparta Rotterdam vs Helmond Sport
Eredivisie #17 vs FC Zwolle

Sat 28 May
Helmond Sport vs Eredivisie #17
FC Zwolle vs Sparta Rotterdam

Tue 31 May
Helmond Sport vs FC Zwolle
Eredivisie #17 vs Sparta Rotterdam

Fri 03 June
FC Zwolle vs Helmond Sport
Sparta Rotterdam vs Eredivisie #17

Mon 06 Jun
Sparta Rotterdam vs FC Zwolle
Eredivisie #17 vs Helmond Sport

Thu 09 Jun
FC Zwolle vs Eredivisie #17
Helmond Sport vs Sparta Rotterdam

The winners of the two groups will play in the Eredivisie next year. My personal feeling is that RBC will make it, but that De Graafschap or Den Bosch (whoever it will be) is f#cked. Sparta are easily the best of the participating First Division sides.

K.
Still alive...

Mr. Ajax

Bericht door Mr. Ajax » za mei 21, 2005 2:23 pm

I am hoping for Sparta Rotterdam and Stormvogels/Telstar, because of their very decent youth system.
- Je bent net zolang gestoord tot je een genie bent -

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 21, 2005 3:46 pm

I hope for Sparta and Volendam, but I think it will be Sparta and RBC.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo mei 22, 2005 10:13 am

I wish the Go Ahead was there :eusa_pray:

Plaats reactie