Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

cdnajaxfan

VdV as good as gone?

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma mei 23, 2005 7:09 pm

VdV has agreed terms with Hamburg. We are getting at least 5 million Euros. Sounds to me like he is going backwards in his career instead of forwards with this move, IMO. Here is the link to the story:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... el=Holland

cdnajaxfan

It's Offical, VdV is Gone!

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr mei 27, 2005 8:44 pm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 27, 2005 9:12 pm

I think £4m for a player who has not really performed for 2 years and has only 1 year left on his contract is a fair price.

The Ajax Board now have a hugh job to do as the majority of our staff have contracts to either 2006 or 2007 and they must try to get some of them on long term contracts. Babel , Sneijder and Maduro only have contracts to 2007 and we all know that De Jong and Pienaar run out next year.

There cannot be many other big clubs in Europe who have the majority of the players on such short contracts.

One other thing they need to do is to decide which goalie will leave , presumably Lobont, and whether any other players are for sale. Surely Obodai and Bouhkhari will be sold.

This club lost a whole team 10 years ago for next to nothing due to Bosman although the problem then was not giving them long contracts.

Fast forward 10 years to 2005 and they have not learnt. You cannot get big money for players who only have 1 year left of a contract.And you need to put your best players on longer contracts.

Everyone of us knows this so why are the so called businessmen running the club not doing this.Why are the Board of Ajax different from most other clubs??

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr mei 27, 2005 9:17 pm

SPL schreef:I think £4m for a player who has not really performed for 2 years and has only 1 year left on his contract is a fair price.
£4M ~= 6.5 M€ ~= 8.5 M$ for information.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 27, 2005 9:41 pm

6.5 M would be excellent, to be honest... Let's face it: that's a very good price for the Van der Vaart we've seen in the past two seasons and it also a good fee for a player who's only got one year left on his contract. I am pleased!

And: good luck, Raffy. The past two seasons have not been easy, but the two before that were pure magic. Thanks for that. Start with a clean sheet and give 'em hell in the Bundesliga.

K.
Still alive...

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » za mei 28, 2005 2:14 am

Thanks a lot Koeman for ruining the talent of VDV. Thanks a lot Van Eijden for letting him go so easily. The entire board plus ignorant short-minded supporters will regret this move. Mark my words!

LXIV
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » za mei 28, 2005 2:21 am

6.5! What a cheap price BTW. Almost as expensive as Charisteas! What a joke! I would rather have kept him for another year and then let him go for nothing. Just like Von Bömmel at psv.

So his price decreased from some 50 M to 6.5 M in two and a half years time. And the one responsible for all this is still in charge??? What a disaster! :nooo:

LXIV

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 28, 2005 7:39 am

I agree with you that Koeman destroyed his talent and I also agree with you that he could have returned to his old level under Danny Blind... I am not happy to see him go, as such.

But - accepting the fact that he was going - Ido think 6.5 million is a fair price. I mean: only one year's contract left and what else could we expect based on the last two seasons...?

Too bad that he's going; no complaints about the transfer fee. That's how I feel.

K.
Still alive...

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » za mei 28, 2005 9:53 am

Newest rumors are telling HSV will pay €5,1 million in two terms, and Ajax will be getting a part of the future fee when VdV leaves HSV [that has to be at least €6 million, though]
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » za mei 28, 2005 10:05 am

HSV will sell him for 15M next season. No doubt about it. Smart way of doing business.

LXIV

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za mei 28, 2005 11:02 am

5 mln euro is not a very big price, but let's take a look on PSV. They have lost one of his best players for free :eusa_dance: . I mean, that 5 mln > 0 mln :D . And if it's true, that we will get few % of his future transfer, so we must pray, that he will leave HSV Hamburg for more than 15 mln :eusa_pray: .

And now we have only one problem- we must to find any good player on his place. I hope, that we will buy someone as good as he was 2-3 years ago (or maybe someone better??).

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 28, 2005 1:38 pm

Ofocurse, 5 years? Hamburg obviously think he'll catch attention in two years or so, so they can sell him for a big price with 2-3 years left on his contract. Smart aleks

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » za mei 28, 2005 3:15 pm

I still can't believe that we let him go so easily. VDV isn't that worse than 2 years ago, he just needed another coach than Koeman. In the past matches at Ajax he proved how important he can be.

Big mistake, stupid transfer! I know that he was the one that wanted to go, but Ajax could have given him a better reason to stay. Like a new contract or so.

LXIV

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 28, 2005 4:18 pm

He rejected

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » za mei 28, 2005 6:50 pm

VdV is a fat waster, even when he was at his best two years ago, he was massively overrated. The Dutch Joe Cole. No sane club would ever have paid anything close to €50 mill for him.

Blaming Koeman exclusively for his failure is just a cop-out. He was clearly an arrogant little prick with a vastly inflated view of his own worth. That's why he and his side-kick Wesley are so widely hated by the foreign players at Ajax. He was a constant source of discontent in the dressing-room, and as such should have been sold last summer.

Ajax are lucky to get €5 mill for him frankly. If I'd been Van Eijden I would have paid HSV €5 million to take him off my hands.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Hamburg may well sell him next year for £15m or was it 15M euros,but at this moment what we got for him is a fair price for someone who has underperformed for 2 years.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za mei 28, 2005 10:05 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:
And now we have only one problem- we must to find any good player on his place. I hope, that we will buy someone as good as he was 2-3 years ago (or maybe someone better??).

i'll say it until i'm blue in the face: gokdeniz karadeniz
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » za mei 28, 2005 11:51 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:VdV should have been sold last summer.
Agree. Chosing between VDV and Zlatan was easy. Stupid that they sold the wrong one. But now Zlatan is gone anyway, it is even more insane to lett VDV go also. What was the whole fuzz about selling (sending away) Zlatan in the first place, I wonder.

We now lose two top players within 8 months for a cheap price.

VDV stated that he might have stayed if Ajax would have offered him a promissing new contract for a couple of years. This might be a bullshit statement from VDV, but I dont think Ajax even tried.

LXIV

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo mei 29, 2005 9:12 am

Dont mind if I saw both of them out last summer, 10m for VdV, 25m for Zlatan

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mei 30, 2005 12:14 pm

Hamburg sign Van der Vaart
Sunday, 29 May 2005
Hamburger SV have completed the capture of AFC Ajax's highly-rated Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.

'Delighted'
The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract with Hamburg in a deal worth an estimated €5.5m. "I am delighted the deal has finally gone through," he said. Hamburg's sporting director Dietmar Beiersdorfer added: "Rafael van der Vaart is an outstanding player and I am extremely happy he has pledged his future to Hamburger SV."

Startling rise
The 22-year-old made his Ajax debut during the 1999/00 season and established himself the following year when he replaced the veteran Richard Witschge in the side. He scored an impressive 14 goals in 20 appearances in 2001/02 as Ajax won the Eredivisie and Dutch Cup, before a serious knee injury briefly slowed his startling rise.

Dazzling success
Eighteen goals in 21 games confirmed his return to form during 2002/03 and last term he dazzled again as Ajax wrested the Eredivisie crown from PSV, scoring seven times in 24 league outings.

Terrific record
The left-sided playmaker registered once in six appearances for Ajax in this season's UEFA Champions League and added six more Eredivisie goals as Ajax finished runners-up behind PSV, completing his time in the Dutch top flight with a staggering 52 goals from 117 games. He has also scored four times in 28 matches for the Netherlands.
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma mei 30, 2005 5:47 pm

Still no confirmation on Ajax.nl though.... :roll:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 31, 2005 12:26 pm

Ajax.nl isn't the best place for Ajax transfer news tbh

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 31, 2005 6:18 pm

You were probably wondering why Ajax.nl hadn't announced the Van der Vaart transfer yet, whereas every other website in the world had already published it as news... Apparently, Ajax did not want to put it up before they had received HSV's bank guarantee. They have it now, so it's on Ajax.nl (Dutch and English; link to English report added to the news report on Ajax USA).

It's official.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di mei 31, 2005 6:23 pm

It's what I thought, I read something like that some days ago on Ajax Netwerk. They seem to have learnt from the 'Chivu affair'... :D
Laatst gewijzigd door Cedric op di mei 31, 2005 11:30 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 31, 2005 11:11 pm

Which clubs were interested from Spain?

Plaats reactie