Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mei 23, 2005 1:51 pm

I think I have come across the first bit of bad news for next season:

Vertrek Gulit en Petrovic.

Is it correct they have left - if so that is a real shame as I was hoping that they would ruin them completely before they departed.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mei 23, 2005 2:01 pm

Yeah - it's true. Gullit has left the building...

That really is a shame. Maybe they will accidentally sign a good coach now.

What a complete and utter wanker this guy is. It's amazing. What an ego. He got the job as early as in March last season, so he had three full months to prepare. He bought eight new players. By the winter break he announced that the squad simply wasn't good enough and that he wanted to buy some extra players. The board gave him the budget for it and he once again signed eight new players during the winter break (that makes sixteen in total in his first year).

Once again, three months later he stated that the team is not good enough and that he wanted to buy new players for next season. He already signed three (including Greene), which means he contracted 19 newcomers in one season. He asked the board for money for a few big purchases in the summer, but the board told him that there is no cash for that. And that is now the reason for him to f*ck off... Can you believe it? He's been there one season and two times he bought almost a full team of useless twats - and now he's calling it quits because there's no more money... Obviously he feels it's not his fault.

It's hilarious. What a c*nt.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Play-off results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 25, 2005 8:58 pm

Tonight's play-off results!

Group A
Stormvogels Telstar vs FC Volendam 0-3
RBC Roosendaal vs VVV-Venlo 2-0

Next games: Sat 28 May
VVV-Venlo vs Stormvogels Telstar
FC Volendam vs RBC Roosendaal

Group B
Sparta Rotterdam vs Helmond Sport 0-1
De Graafschap vs FC Zwolle 3-2

Next games: Sat 28 May
Helmond Sport vs De Graafschap
FC Zwolle vs Sparta Rotterdam

Interesting detail: Zwolle were 1-2 up in Doetinchem until the 88th minute. But Zongo and Valeev saved De Graafschap. Also: surprising defeat for Sparta... :sad:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Re: Play-off results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 26, 2005 9:17 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Sparta Rotterdam vs Helmond Sport 0-1
Sparta have just sacked their coach, Mike Snoei. Which really is a panic decision, in the middle of the play-offs. Snoei had a very bad relationship with the board and was already going to leave (to Go Ahead Eagles). The rest of the technical staff (including Alfons Groenendijk, who already signed a new deal as an Ajax youth coach) are also out. Sparta don't have a coach to take over. David Nascimento will serve as a player/manager for the rest of the play-offs.

Sounds bad - and I don't think they'll be able to get back on track. Sadly enough.

K.
Still alive...

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » zo mei 29, 2005 4:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Sparta Rotterdam vs Helmond Sport 0-1
Sparta have just sacked their coach, Mike Snoei. Which really is a panic decision, in the middle of the play-offs. Snoei had a very bad relationship with the board and was already going to leave (to Go Ahead Eagles). The rest of the technical staff (including Alfons Groenendijk, who already signed a new deal as an Ajax youth coach) are also out. Sparta don't have a coach to take over. David Nascimento will serve as a player/manager for the rest of the play-offs.

Sounds bad - and I don't think they'll be able to get back on track. Sadly enough.

K.
Looks like it may have been the right move! Had a cracker of a win yesterday! Next 2 games against the superboeren will probably be make ore break for their promotion!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 29, 2005 9:13 am

Latest play-off results!

Group A
VVV-Venlo vs Stormvogels Telstar 1-3
FC Volendam vs RBC Roosendaal 0-0

Standings
1. Volendam: 2-4 (3-0)
2. RBC: 2-4 (2-0)
3. Telstar: 2-3 (3-4)
4. VVV: 2-0 (1-5)

Next games: Tue 31 May
FC Volendam vs VVV-Venlo
Stormvogels Telstar vs RBC Roosendaal

Group B
Helmond Sport vs De Graafschap 1-1
FC Zwolle vs Sparta Rotterdam 1-4

Standings
1. Graafschap: 2-4 (4-3)
2. Helmond: 2-4 (2-1)
3. Sparta: 2-3 (4-2)
4. Zwolle: 2-0 (3-7)

Next games: Tue 31 May
Helmond Sport vs FC Zwolle
De Graafschap vs Sparta Rotterdam

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op ma mei 30, 2005 12:17 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » zo mei 29, 2005 1:06 pm

Sparta and Volendam back in the Eredivisie would be great. Although I wouldn't mind also if De Graafschap stays.
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo mei 29, 2005 10:09 pm

LouisXIV & co schreef:Sparta and Volendam back in the Eredivisie would be great. Although I wouldn't mind also if De Graafschap stays.
I knew it !! PSV had a too good a run in the CL, now their players are damn attractive for the big ones. For example :

Van Bommel is already out and now Johan Vogel is out to Milan AC :D :D :D
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma mei 30, 2005 1:51 am

I hope Sparta and Volendam will go up.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma mei 30, 2005 1:58 am

Re: PSV, Verdommel and Vogel were the only two players I'd heard rumoured to be leaving.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » ma mei 30, 2005 8:16 am

There is also interest for Ooijer, Bouma and Alex. Lee and Park are also in the spotlights, as is Vennegoor.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » ma mei 30, 2005 10:41 am

Both Lee and Park will sign a new contract, as well as Vennegoor of Hesselink. All of them told the press they were happy to stay at Eindhoven. Ooijer also stated this a few days ago. It seems like most of those guys will stay.
I'm very curious to see how PSV will play next year. With only Van Bommel and Vogel to replace, the expectations will be pretty high.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » ma mei 30, 2005 11:11 am

Mwoah, Bommel and Vogel were important for their midfield. Cocu is getting another year older. Park and Lee have played their best season of their career and have peeked. Not as good as they seemed this year. Vennegoor is a mediocre striker.

I dunno...Have a feeling PSV is going to be very dissapointing next year in the CL.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Play-off results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 01, 2005 6:12 am

Latest play-off results!

Group A
FC Volendam vs VVV-Venlo 4-1
Stormvogels Telstar vs RBC Roosendaal 0-0

Standings
1. Volendam: 3-7 (7-1)
2. RBC: 3-5 (2-0)
3. Telstar: 3-4 (3-4)
4. VVV: 3-0 (2-9)

Next games: Fri 03 Jun
VVV-Venlo vs FC Volendam
RBC Roosendaal vs Stormvogels Telstar

Group B
Helmond Sport vs FC Zwolle 5-0
De Graafschap vs Sparta Rotterdam 1-3

Standings
1. Helmond: 3-7 (7-1)
2. Sparta: 3-6 (7-3)
3. Graafschap: 3-4 (5-6)
4. Zwolle: 3-0 (3-12)

Next games: Fri 03 Jun
FC Zwolle vs Helmond Sport
Sparta Rotterdam vs De Graafschap

Some thoughts...

The developments are very interesting. In both groups there's a quite surprising leader at this point (Volendam and Helmond Sport, respectively), whereas in both groups one team has already blown it and pretty much given up (VVV-Venlo and Zwolle, respectively). The race between the other three from each group is very tight and very open. Volendam are kicking butt in group A and RBC Roosendaal were reportedly very lucky to escape with a 0-0 from IJmuiden against Telstar (Johan Pater hitting the woodwork twice). RBC can't afford any mistakes.

In group B Sparta have resurrected after their bad start and things start to look very, very bad indeed for De Graafschap. They lost to Sparta at home. Next up is their visit to Rotterdam. If they lose again they will almost certainly be f*cked. Come on, Sparta!

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do jun 02, 2005 9:57 pm

This is a shame...good bloke...and rotund (which generally means F-word won't look at you)... no really...bad news I reckon...this knows his stuff......................................................................................................................................

Jansen to advise Feyenoord
Thursday, 2 June 2005
Feyenoord legend Wim Jansen has returned to the Eredivisie club as technical advisor.

New role
The 58-year-old former player and coach will offer advice to the management board on the buying and selling of players, youth development, scouting, partnerships with other clubs and other technical matters. Jansen starts his new job on 1 July as works alongside new coach Erwin Koeman at the 2005/06 UEFA Cup contenders.

'Excellent business'
"Wim's return is excellent business," declared chairman of the supervisory board Jorien van den Herik. "The talks that led to his decision were extremely pleasant. Wim has his own view of football. The club would like to make use of that. Knowing Wim as we do, he will be careful to make his contribution in the shadows."

Club honours
Jansen played for Feyenoord from 1965 until 1980 helping them win the 1970 European Champion Clubs' Cup and European/South American Cup and the UEFA Cup four years later. Later in his career he returned as coach, claiming two Dutch Cups and the 1992/93 league title. He has also coached in Japan and Scotland.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Play-off results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jun 03, 2005 11:57 pm

Latest play-off results!

Group A
VVV-Venlo vs FC Volendam 1-1
RBC Roosendaal vs Stormvogels Telstar 2-1

Standings
1. Volendam: 4-8 (8-1)
2. RBC: 4-8 (4-1)
3. Telstar: 4-4 (4-6)
4. VVV: 4-1 (3-10)

Next games: Mon 06 Jun
Stormvogels Telstar vs VVV-Venlo
RBC Roosendaal vs FC Volendam

(Volendam and RBC both have 8 points now. Monday's direct confrontation in Volendam will probably be decisive. That would be a nice game to attend...)

Group B
FC Zwolle vs Helmond Sport 1-1
Sparta Rotterdam vs De Graafschap 1-0

Standings
1. Sparta: 4-9 (8-3)
2. Helmond: 4-8 (8-2)
3. Graafschap: 4-4 (5-7)
4. Zwolle: 4-1 (4-13)

Sparta Rotterdam vs FC Zwolle
De Graafschap vs Helmond Sport

(Sparta have taken the lead in Group B. On Monday Helmond Sport can condemn De Graafschap to the First Division and stay in the race themselves. If Helmond and Sparta both manage a win, their direct confrontation in Helmond on the last matchday will be decisive).

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op za jun 04, 2005 10:03 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Ferrykoek
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ferrykoek » za jun 04, 2005 1:21 am

i think it's safe to say bye to De Graafschap

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 04, 2005 1:40 am

No! My poor De Graafschap X'C
Get a Cock

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » za jun 04, 2005 6:58 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Latest play-off results!

Group A
Stormvogels Telstar vs VVV-Venlo
FC Volendam vs RBC Roosendaal

(Volendam and RBC both have 8 points now. Monday's direct confrontation in Volendam will probably be decisive. That would be a nice game to attend...)

K.
I would check who's playing home first if I was you before deciding to go that game. Although the image of the you standing alone in the Veronica stadium could be a nice one. ;) :D
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 04, 2005 10:04 am

Oops... Corrected. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Play-off results

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 9:24 am

Matchday 5 was the first 'day of decisions' in the play-offs: RBC are 99% (or can we say 99.9%) certain to stay in the Eredivisie. De Graafschap are officially relegated.

Group A
Stormvogels Telstar vs VVV-Venlo 2-1
RBC Roosendaal vs FC Volendam 4-0

Standings
1. RBC: 5-11 (8-1)
2. Volendam: 5-8 (8-5)
3. Telstar: 5-7 (6-7)
4. VVV: 5-1 (4-12)

Last games: Thu 09 Jun
VVV-Venlo vs RBC Roosendaal
FC Volendam vs Stormvogels Telstar

(RBC are 99% safe: they're 3 points clear of Volendam and a have a better goal-difference. A point against VVV and it's official)

Group B
Sparta Rotterdam vs FC Zwolle 3-1
De Graafschap vs Helmond Sport 2-2

Standings
1. Sparta: 5-12 (11-4)
2. Helmond: 5-9 (10-4)
3. Graafschap: 5-5 (7-9)
4. Zwolle: 5-1 (5-16)

Last games: Thu 09 Jun
FC Zwolle vs De Graafschap
Helmond Sport vs Sparta Rotterdam

(Thanks to Helmond Sport's brace of second half goals, De Graafschap are now officially relegated. Sparta, meanwhile, require a draw in Helmond on Thursday. If Helmond manage a win, they go up! A direct battle for a slot in the Eredivisie... Cool.)

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 09, 2005 10:02 am

Today is the big day for Sparta (and Helmond Sport, for that matter). Sparta require a draw in Helmond, the hosts require a win. A direct battle for promotion. Nice one.

I was watching Beck at the Heineken Music Hall yesterday and there were three blokes wearing Sparta jerseys. I had a chat with them and they were already very nervous.

Too bad for the Sparta fans: Helmond Sport's tiny, tiny home ground holds only 4,500 spectactors and the away end has only 375 seats. The guys I talked to couldn't get tickets. The club will put up big screens at 'The Castle'. Should be a a pretty good atmosphere there...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Sparta and RBC!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 09, 2005 9:34 pm

Sparta and RBC Roosendaal it is!

Group A
VVV-Venlo vs RBC Roosendaal 2-1
FC Volendam vs Stormvogels Telstar 3-3

Final Table
1. RBC: 6-11 (9-3)
2. Volendam: 6-9 (11-9)
3. Telstar: 6-8 (9-10)
4. VVV: 6-4 (6-13)

("RBC were 99% safe", I wrote in my previous post, but it almost went wrong for them. They lost to VVV and were lucky that Volendam failed to beat Telstar. But all's well that ends well for RBC: they stay in the Eredivisie)

Group B
FC Zwolle vs De Graafschap 1-4
Helmond Sport vs Sparta Rotterdam 1-2

Final Table
1. Sparta: 6-15 (13-5)
2. Helmond: 6-9 (11-6)
3. Graafschap: 6-8 (11-10)
4. Zwolle: 6-1 (6-20)

(Sparta must have died a thousand deaths in Helmond, where they were thoroughly outplayed and went 1-0 down. But they equalized and even scored a last minute winner. The party in Rotterdam-West could start. Sparta are back)

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Re: Sparta and RBC!

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jun 09, 2005 9:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The party in Rotterdam-West could start. Sparta are back)[/i]

K.
It's good that a team with the history and tradition of Sparta are back in the Eredivisie but it's a big shame for Helmond too - it's always nice to see different teams in the top flight and would have been interesting to see how they got on in the Eredivisie.

Oh well, at least RBC ("Tangerine Army" - "Are you Blackpool in disguise?") live to fight another day :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Frans

Re: Sparta and RBC!

Bericht door Frans » vr jun 10, 2005 5:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef: ("RBC were 99% safe", I wrote in my previous post, but it almost went wrong for them. They lost to VVV and were lucky that Volendam failed to beat Telstar. But all's well that ends well for RBC: they stay in the Eredivisie)
RBC still had a far superior goal differential, and would have been through unless Volendam had won by 4

Plaats reactie