New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 04, 2005 2:01 pm

AZ evidently want 6m Euros for a player who will be 32 next birthday. Nearer 2m would be more realistic. If he is a defensive midfielder do we take it that Maduro and Galasek wont play ?? Is he a player we really want?

Our midfielders at present are Pienaar, Sneijder, De Jong, Galasek , Maduro, Lindgren and Obodai and young Aborah and even Emanuelson is more midfield. We are not going to keep all those happy.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jun 04, 2005 2:24 pm

jakobg schreef: Even if Babel would play winger (should we really start playing the guys on 'wrong' positions again?)

since when is playing babel on LW the wrong position? that's where plays for ORANJE and many of his best AJAX matches came from there as well
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » za jun 04, 2005 3:31 pm

SPL schreef:AZ evidently want 6m Euros for a player who will be 32 next birthday. Nearer 2m would be more realistic. If he is a defensive midfielder do we take it that Maduro and Galasek wont play ?? Is he a player we really want?

Our midfielders at present are Pienaar, Sneijder, De Jong, Galasek , Maduro, Lindgren and Obodai and young Aborah and even Emanuelson is more midfield. We are not going to keep all those happy.
He is a player that Ajax wants and needs. But not for that price. It isn't fair to Lindenbergh, who's now getting a chance at a top club. And if AZ doesn't let Olaf go, he will play in a bad mood for AZ the next seasons.

Ik hope that Sheringa (AZ owner and milliadaire) gives Olaf a nice ending of is carreer. But Scheringa is a tough man, he already had issues with other players before.

Surstad

What happened to the Davids rumors?

Bericht door Surstad » za jun 04, 2005 6:15 pm

Signing Lindenberg would mean that Davids now is out of consideration? Has he officially stated that he doesn`t wants to return to Ajax. If the transfer fee for Linderberg is to be near 6 mill euros I would rather prefer a new approach for Davids.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za jun 04, 2005 8:49 pm

6 million for Lindenbergh, just after receiving 5 million for Van der Vaart? I should hope not! :scared:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 04, 2005 9:42 pm

Eh what a joke
Get a Cock

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jun 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Where does Manucharyan fit in to all this?

He's scoring goals left-right-and centre*

Is he destined for Jong Ajax, are a position behind Rosenborg in the striker pecking order?

*Note correct spelling

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jun 06, 2005 12:51 am

The Purple Cow schreef:Where does Manucharyan fit in to all this?

He's scoring goals left-right-and centre*

Is he destined for Jong Ajax, are a position behind Rosenborg in the striker pecking order?

*Note correct spelling

i believe AJAX see edgar as a winger

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jun 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Which is kind of sad, seeing how we have Mitea and De Ridder
Get a Cock

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jun 06, 2005 7:09 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Which is kind of sad, seeing how we have Mitea and De Ridder

well sheesh, you can't just have one player for each position - besides, edgar probably needs some jong AJAX time and the two you mentioned still have a lot to learn - they are certainly not rock solid every night choices... yet

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma jun 06, 2005 7:34 pm

Not to mention the fact that De Ridder is utter crap. :yes:

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jun 06, 2005 11:25 pm

From what I've seen Edgar plays better as a striker, but if he can be a winger thats good too.
I only said Mitea and De Ridder, but we do have Boukhari, Pienaar, Babel can even play there..
Get a Cock

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jun 07, 2005 1:58 am

Wake me when silly season is over. I have ADD(Ajax Deficit Disorder) at the moment. Can't say I'm over the moon at the signings.Nice to see Ajax active in the transfer market, but I learned my lesson re: enthusiasm when the Sonck and Sikora signings didn't turn out to be mind-blowing.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di jun 07, 2005 9:28 am

Blind3 schreef:Wake me when silly season is over. I have ADD(Ajax Deficit Disorder) at the moment. Can't say I'm over the moon at the signings.Nice to see Ajax active in the transfer market, but I learned my lesson re: enthusiasm when the Sonck and Sikora signings didn't turn out to be mind-blowing.
Buying players is always risky. You have no guarantee that they will function. I hope that we can hold on to certain players! Like Trabelsi and Pienaar.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jun 07, 2005 9:32 am

I'm sorry if I'm being boring on the ROsenberg news but I guess me and Jakob are going to be your tap of news on this guy.

Today in Expressen, link: http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=296448, it is reported that Rosenberg is going to inherit the no9 jersey.

It should be said that there is no real noteation to a source or anything like that. The article writer has spoken to Markus and he gives the info that he's going to play centrally. The no9 jersey might then be a deduction from that info.....anyways, if he gets the no9 jersey we've got ourselves a pretty clear cut message to Angelos.

Nuff said.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 07, 2005 9:34 am

Per schreef:if he gets the no9 jersey we've got ourselves a pretty clear cut message to Angelos.
Indeed. It would confirm that Blind doesn't rate him (which, if you ask me, is already confirmed by the fact that they bought Rosenberg in the first place).

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di jun 07, 2005 10:41 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:From what I've seen Edgar plays better as a striker, but if he can be a winger thats good too.
I only said Mitea and De Ridder, but we do have Boukhari, Pienaar, Babel can even play there..

i'm sorry... did you say "boukhari"? i swear, if he ever starts another match, i will explode

aeckersand

Bericht door aeckersand » di jun 07, 2005 11:38 am

Per schreef:I'm sorry if I'm being boring on the ROsenberg news but I guess me and Jakob are going to be your tap of news on this guy.

Today in Expressen, link: http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=296448, it is reported that Rosenberg is going to inherit the no9 jersey.

It should be said that there is no real noteation to a source or anything like that. The article writer has spoken to Markus and he gives the info that he's going to play centrally. The no9 jersey might then be a deduction from that info.....anyways, if he gets the no9 jersey we've got ourselves a pretty clear cut message to Angelos.

Nuff said.
As you suspected, I think it's the newspaper that makes an error. Rosenberg says: "I am 'number 9' in their 4-3-3". He talks about which roll he will get, not the number he will get on his shirt. Th headline makers doesn't care about the truth only that people will read the article.

Then again, he never says he will not get the number 9 jersey either.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jun 07, 2005 2:57 pm

I think that the no 9 jersey is like a curse the last 5-6 years. Even when Ibrahimovic wore it he left next season
May the Force be with you

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jun 07, 2005 3:20 pm

Our best striker since Kluivert will play for AZ for the next two seasons

Arveladze wordt derde aanwinst voor AZ
AZ maakt vandaag bekend dat Shota Arveladze als nieuwe spits is aangetrokken. De 32-jarige aanvaller tekent in de Alkmaarderhout een contract dat hem twee jaar aan AZ bindt. De Georgiër, die 31 maal voor zijn land uitkwam, vertrok in 2001 van Ajax naar Glasgow Rangers

btw why do we have to tolerate feynordeu crap on this forum ?
Appie, stay strong !

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jun 07, 2005 3:45 pm

souras84 schreef:I think that the no 9 jersey is like a curse the last 5-6 years. Even when Ibrahimovic wore it he left next season
He wore it the full three seasons he was with Ajax, I guess I don't really get what you're hinting at.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jun 07, 2005 10:54 pm

But during the first season wasnt he wearing 19 or some other except 9?
May the Force be with you

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Olaf Lindenbergh

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 08, 2005 10:21 am

According to today's Telegraaf Ajax have submitted a final bid for Olaf Lindenberg. The club also set AZ an (unknown) deadline: if the transfer can not be completed before that deadline, they will call the whole thing off.

Apparently AZ are playing it tough. Lindenbergh himself expected the clubs to agree on the fee this weekend. Now it's Wednesday - and still nothing. Time to increase the pressure. The guy is a good player, but he's 31 and should not be too expensive. If we spend the same amount of cash on him as we received for Van der Vaart, we are sure as hell doing something wrong.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 08, 2005 10:23 am

souras84 schreef:But during the first season wasnt he wearing 19 or some other except 9?
Nope.

http://www.ajax-usa.com/team/roster01-02/

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Lindenburgh is an Ajax man

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 09, 2005 4:16 pm

according to www.ajax.netwerk.to Olaf Lindenburgh has sealed the deal with Ajax on a three year contract.

Gesloten