New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di jul 05, 2005 11:40 am

Not entirely true Ko, when asked if he was going to buy Vlaar he answered 'Absolutely...irrelevant question'. (niet aan de orde?)
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 05, 2005 11:51 am

The exact quote that I read was: "We have no plans to buy Ron Vlaar."

K.
Still alive...

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di jul 05, 2005 12:56 pm

In Dutch he said:

Verslaggever: 'Gaat Ajax Ron Vlaar kopen'?
Van Geel: 'Absoluut...(stilte) niet aan de orde op dit moment'.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jul 05, 2005 8:22 pm

No Fear schreef:In Dutch he said:

For the people that DON'T speak Dutch (there might be a few on these pages.....), I GUESS that translates to something along the lines of :

Interviewer : Will Ajax buy Ron Vlaar ?

Van Geel : This is not what our problem at the moment.
meh :|

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di jul 05, 2005 8:33 pm

Carcajou schreef:

For the people that DON'T speak Dutch (there might be a few on these pages.....), I GUESS that translates to something along the lines of :

More something like: Van Geel : Definately...(silence) not something we are considering at this time.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jul 05, 2005 9:36 pm

Bertje schreef:
Carcajou schreef:

More something like: Van Geel : Definately...(silence) not something we are considering at this time.
Thank you Bertje ;)
meh :|

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 06, 2005 1:42 am

I'm taking Blind at his word. Any LB will have to be damn good to beat out the logjam there now...Escude,Vermaelen, Emanuelson.Otherwise, the newbie would be just another body. I've heard Ron Vlaar, whom I've seen as a CB on tv, is very good. But does he beat all three of the aforementioned AS A LEFT BACK?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do jul 07, 2005 5:35 pm

Hello everybody!
This is my first post ever but I read this and the past forum for long long time. I'm from Italy but - hey - I' dont'like our defensive fucking football.
Ajax is in my heart for this and other reasons.
But let's return on topic............. talking about LB, what about the return of Filipe Kasmirski in the current roster on the official website.. he's kind of re-appeared from nothing.. maybe this means that the club has changed idea on him and will give him a chance as a possible maxwell substitute?
O tempora o mores

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jul 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Im getting really tired of this crap, i mean for christ sake Escude is not a left back, Vermealen is not a left back and Emanuelson is on loan to AZ, they even mentión Lindenbergh as a posible sub for the position.... :nooo:

When will the day come that ajax plays every player in there NATURAL position, the position there are most confortable with.

Lets just get a descent left back until Maxwell returns or a quality one, that can last a couple off more seasons( Cicinho please :eusa_pray: ).

Sorry for letting out steam but its just amazing that we buy another stricker having at least 2 good ones( Babel,Annastassio) a good prospect in Manucharyan and a sometimes descent second choice(Charisteas) but we can´t(rather don´t want) to buy a good left back.

We have too Stop playing players out of position, this only creates unhappy players and bad results.

PEACE :headbang:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jul 07, 2005 10:40 pm

i came away from the under-20 WC very impressed with two LBs: taiwo of nigeria and janssen of germany

of course, our proper LB will be playing at zuiderpark this season :sad:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 08, 2005 12:18 am

Welcome, Orange Goblin! Welcome to the family! :yes:
orange goblin schreef:But let's return on topic............. talking about LB, what about the return of Filipe Kasmirski in the current roster on the official website.. he's kind of re-appeared from nothing.. maybe this means that the club has changed idea on him and will give him a chance as a possible maxwell substitute?
Wow. I'm impressed. That's a very sharp observation. Hadn't even noticed.

But he's right, you know: the new roster appears to be up on Ajax.nl. Van der Vaart's gone, the newcomers are there and everybody has zero games behind their names... and Filipe is on there! No report or anything. Just his name... Does that mean anything...? He is a left fullback...

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Soga Sambo

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 08, 2005 12:29 am

Right. Rumour has it that Ajax are after one of the kids from the Nigeria U-20 team that played at the World Cup in Holland last month: Soga Sambo. Check this story from Nigerian publication This Day:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=21945

I will not put this up on Ajax USA as a news link, because there really is no news (this article basically says that they have not heard from Ajax yet...). But for the record, here are the relevant paragraphs:
3SC Await Ajax, Roda

Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Ibadan are eagerly awaiting Dutch clubs Ajax Amsterdam and Roda JC Kekrade to make official approaches for two of their players; Soga Sambo and Dele Adeleye.

There are reports that the duo, who played for the Flying Eagles at the recently concluded World Youth Championship in Holland, caught the fancy of both clubs. Sambo is reported to be on the cards of Ajax while Adeleye has reportedly caught the attention of Roda Kekrade FC.

But board member of 3SC and a former international, Dr. Felix Owolabi, told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM that the club was yet to receive any official approaches for both players.

"It's good news that these boys have played themselves into the hearts of European clubs," said Owolabi. "But we have not heard anything from both Ajax and Roda. If we do get an official approach, we would be very much willing to sell these boys for the good of their career. Our prayer was for them to excel at the just concluded tourney they participated in, so they can also play overseas if they get the chance. But till we get such an offer from the foreign clubs, we are still expecting both players back in Ibadan, to come and add their World Youth Championship (WYC) experience to the team," said Owolabi, an ex-Green Eagles Nations Cup winner.
Did you spot this kid Sambo, Bluedaddy? Any good?

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jul 08, 2005 9:11 am

and Filipe is on there! No report or anything. Just his name... Does that mean anything...? He is a left fullback...
I think that filipe will be a reasonable choice for that which is the only missing spot in the roster for next season... this year squad appears to have important alternatives in every role and that's very important
thank u for your welcome mister moderator! :alc:
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 08, 2005 12:05 pm

One thing, though. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is on the new roster, too...

Seems like it's a mistake after all. They just forgot to delete a few people. Way to go, Ajax.nl...

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jul 08, 2005 12:16 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:One thing, though. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is on the new roster, too...

Seems like it's a mistake after all. They just forgot to delete a few people. Way to go, Ajax.nl...
Or, maybe the Ajax board made one hell of a deal and added a clause in small print in the Zlatan deal. Wouldn't that be the surprise of the centrury - Zlatan is back at Ajax! Woohoo!

(Aah, it's friday, I have the right to be silly, right?) :faga1:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jul 08, 2005 1:03 pm

in the dutch version of the official website, which is the only one that has been updated for weeks, there's no ibrahimovic or other old players at all. and also the roster in the english section now is finally up-to-date
there was no felipe too until yesterday, when they added him quite surprisingly. don't know if this has sense, but in the first version of the 2005-2006 team the brazilian was absolutely exluded...
O tempora o mores

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: Soga Sambo

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jul 08, 2005 1:47 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Did you spot this kid Sambo, Bluedaddy? Any good?

K.

he's a short but strong midfielder, somewhat davids-esque in his style of play

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Uh-oh. Another potential Nigerian nightmare?That guy from Poland...Kalu Eche(sic)...comes to mind.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za jul 09, 2005 4:22 pm

Blind3 schreef:Uh-oh. Another potential Nigerian nightmare?That guy from Poland...Kalu Eche(sic)...comes to mind.

did you see the nigeria U20's play? i'd gladly take about three or four of those players tomorrow... sambo would not be among that group, but then again he didn't play as much at WYC because he was behind a pair of real aces

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » za jul 09, 2005 5:24 pm

Blind3 schreef:Uh-oh. Another potential Nigerian nightmare?That guy from Poland...Kalu Eche(sic)...comes to mind.
Yeah... those guys Finidi and Kanu really sucked didn't they?

I thought the Nigerian left back Taiwo, was the best player in the entire tournament.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jul 09, 2005 10:34 pm

http://www.footballnl.com/NEWS2004_5/5/news0965.htm

Still interested in Jansen ? :blush:

I wonder what Ajax medical staff would have found if he came to Ajax this summer?... If they find bad things for healthy people (Kone ?), they would have probably said Jansen would die within few days. :nooo:

I hope he will recover soon though.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 10, 2005 1:45 am

I said what I said somewhat tongue in cheek.I do remember the great Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, and Tijani Babangida.Even Sunday Oliseh.I also remember the more recent shortcomings of Christopher Kanu and the unfulfilled promise of Pius Ikedia.Plus last year's Uche,I believe I've got his name right this time, clusterf**k.I hope any new signing would obviously be more in the mold of the first four players mentioned.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Soga Sambo

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 11, 2005 1:54 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: Did you spot this kid Sambo, Bluedaddy? Any good?
he's a short but strong midfielder, somewhat davids-esque in his style of play
Hmm. According to this news report he's a striker...

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story5711.html

More importantly: according to that news report Ajax are seriously after him. Why the hell are we after another striker...? (Charisteas, Rosenberg, Anastasiou, Babel, Manucharyan... Sambo?)

What about the chap Roda are interested in. At least he's a defender (which is what I thought we were looking for, too!)

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: Soga Sambo

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jul 11, 2005 3:49 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Hmm. According to this news report he's a striker...

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/story5711.html

More importantly: according to that news report Ajax are seriously after him. Why the hell are we after another striker...? (Charisteas, Rosenberg, Anastasiou, Babel, Manucharyan... Sambo?)

What about the chap Roda are interested in. At least he's a defender (which is what I thought we were looking for, too!)

K.

he can play as a winger, but i am unaware of him being a striker anywhere

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jul 11, 2005 5:32 pm

According to FIFA.com, he is a midfielder. It would make more sense, but still, it's not what we really need right now.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Gesloten