New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm

what about cska/ukraine LB berezutskiy? he kicks ass, and plays a very "dutch" game

or lazio/croatia left back anthony seric? a more defensively minded player
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: No Coco!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Perhaps I should once again tell you this... :hypocrite:
Kowalczyk schreef:Danny Blind confirmed on SBS6 tonight that Coco was offered to Ajax, but he said that Ajax are not interested because he's too injury-prone. Blind said that Coco is not an option.

He also said that agents have offered more left fullbacks to Ajax, because they all know Ajax are looking for one. 04 August is the registration deadline for the Champions League...
No Coco. On to the next one.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Re: No Coco!

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 01, 2005 2:25 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Danny Blind confirmed on SBS6 tonight that Coco was offered to Ajax, but he said that Ajax are not interested because he's too injury-prone.K.
Given our ongoing goalkeeping saga there's more than a little irony in this....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 01, 2005 2:30 pm

As if Ajax never had prone guys, van der Vaart, o brien, stekelenburg etc.

But stekelenburg is just cause of clumsy collisions with big guys.

I dont think Ajax will make any more purchases, but should offer new contracts for de jong pienaar, and sneijder if necessary etc.
Get a Cock

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma aug 01, 2005 8:46 pm

orange goblin schreef:I like the fact u hate us italians. seriously. we deserved it in many years of stupid football and not only football.
Let's be more precise :

I don't hate Italian people. The fact is that I think that Italian players are : divers, whiners, uncreative, dopers that steal Champions League in 96, AND COME ON FILIPPO INZAGHI !!!! You should all be sorry and deny him the Italian nationality. But in the meantime there are Italian players I do like : Roberto Baggio, Gianfranco Zola, Paolo Maldini and Francesco Totti. Except for Paolo Maldini ;)
meh :|

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 01, 2005 8:57 pm

Carcajou schreef:
orange goblin schreef:I like the fact u hate us italians. seriously. we deserved it in many years of stupid football and not only football.
Let's be more precise :

I don't hate Italian people. The fact is that I think that Italian players are : divers, whiners, uncreative, dopers that steal Champions League in 96, AND COME ON FILIPPO INZAGHI !!!! You should all be sorry and deny him the Italian nationality. But in the meantime there are Italian players I do like : Roberto Baggio, Gianfranco Zola, Paolo Maldini and Francesco Totti. Except for Paolo Maldini ;)
Seriously. I don't have any problem with Italians. But I (and many others on these boards) dislike many Italian footballers and football teams because of their cynical, negative, whiny, diving play. I personally dislike AS Roma more than virtually any club team out there (right up there with 010). It always amazes me that Italians, who love beauty in every day life, can admire such crappy soccer. But there are some good Italian players - Roberto Baggio comes to mind.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma aug 01, 2005 8:59 pm

[quote] I don't hate Italian people. The fact is that I think that Italian players are : divers, whiners, uncreative, dopers that steal Champions League in 96, AND COME ON FILIPPO INZAGHI !!!! You should all be sorry and deny him the Italian nationality. But in the meantime there are Italian players I do like : Roberto Baggio, Gianfranco Zola, Paolo Maldini and Francesco Totti. Except for Paolo Maldini [quote]

oh, for sure.. you mentioned the few italian players (AND persons) I'm proud about..and totti just like a player, because the man is nothing.
I am a particular italian, I'm not crazy when our national team plays for the simple reason that the players don't care about the shirt they are wearing.
Hup Holland Hup :headbang:

let's return on topic: also italian media report that something went wrong between ajax and coco. it's over, let's search another LB but hurry up
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 01, 2005 9:13 pm

Italian football... Here's a nice one.

David Winner, the English football writer who wrote Brilliant Orange ('The neurotic genius of Dutch football'), wrote another book with a similar approach: this time it's about the other football culture he loves, namely the English football culture. Dutch and English football culture are fascinatingly different, but he loves both.

He was interviewed by Dutch newspaper Het Parool a while ago and the interviewer asked him, as the final question: "What will your next book be about? Italian football?"

Winner's answer: "No. Definitely not. I feel the same way about Italian football as I do about the traffic in downtown Rome: I don't get it and I don't like it."

:D

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 01, 2005 10:39 pm

aveslacker schreef:I personally dislike AS Roma more than virtually any club team out there (right up there with 010).

you. kick. ass.

i hope neither of them ever win another game

somebody mentioned cicinho... i'd love the hell out of that, but i'm thinking he would run about 6 million euro or more

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di aug 02, 2005 12:54 am

i would be in the Nirvana if he came to ajax( then again im just dreaming)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

john_stein

Bericht door john_stein » di aug 02, 2005 1:43 am

I heard a rumour about a possible interest for Tim de Cler from AZ. But i've been hearing lots of things lately so I dont know how true this is. What do you guys think?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 02, 2005 11:58 am

john_stein schreef:I heard a rumour about a possible interest for Tim de Cler from AZ. But i've been hearing lots of things lately so I dont know how true this is. What do you guys think?
Tim de Cler is one of our all-time favourite Ajax players on this forum, so much so we named a 5 a side trophy after him. :headbang:
He cemented this admiration whilst playing for AZ against Ajax a couple of seasons ago when he was marking Andy van der Meyde. He showed that he was still a true Ajacied that night by allowing Andy to show off his silky skills the likes I hadn't seen either before and afterwards and then managing to get himself sent-off for abusing the corner flag.
This guy is a legend in his own lifetime. :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di aug 02, 2005 12:06 pm

Is this the one and only, Tim not-good-enough-for-west-bromwich-albion De Cler, we are talking about?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 02, 2005 12:07 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Is this the one and only, Tim not-good-enough-for-west-bromwich-albion De Cler, we are talking about?
Sure is.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 02, 2005 12:42 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Is this the one and only, Tim not-good-enough-for-west-bromwich-albion De Cler, we are talking about?
Is that his nickname these days? I thought his nickname was Tim 'humiliated-by-the-right-winger-of-AGOVV-Apeldoorn-and-therefore-replaced-after-15-minutes' de Cler.

God forbid that we buy him back. If that happens I suggest we also buy Frank Verlaat, Tom Sier, Tom Soetaers, Victor Sikora, Wesley Sonck and Ferdi Vierklau (and of course Richard Witschge to keep the fans happy...). And then we (the fans) will all buy a season ticket for Volendam.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di aug 02, 2005 12:55 pm

sorry if i continue to bring news from coco....
differently from dutch media that report that the business is over, italian newspaper assure that coco HAS passed medical tests but Ajax is still not convinced, so proposed to Inter a gratis loan with also the player salary paid by the italian club, whit the right to buy him next year if all goes well.
coco seems have really admired the ajax enviroment and tells press that "if in europe they still think that I am always injured, it's inter and mancini fault, not mine that I am completely fit and worked in silence for a year".
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op di aug 02, 2005 12:57 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di aug 02, 2005 12:57 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:[And then we (the fans) will all buy a season ticket for Volendam.

K.
Any new Mührens? :D

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di aug 02, 2005 10:01 pm

orange goblin schreef: italian newspaper assure that coco HAS passed medical tests but Ajax is still not convinced, so proposed to Inter a gratis loan with also the player salary paid by the italian club, whit the right to buy him next year if all goes well.

pure fiction

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo aug 03, 2005 2:24 am

If Mike Zonneveld of NAC is as good as he is in CM then buy him.

What about that guy who plays at ADO Den Haag, you know, the American with the Irish name, I heard he's a decent left-back.

Do you think Marseille would let us have Taiwo? Perhaps we can swap him for Sneijder and Harry.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo aug 03, 2005 6:16 pm

bryan schreef: What about that guy who plays at ADO Den Haag, you know, the American with the Irish name, I heard he's a decent left-back.
I hope you're not talking about O'Brien..... If you are I'd like to inform you that John was still an Ajax player a few months ago. He left for Den Haag after recurrent injuries that kept him frustrated and sidelined for months (years ???). Honestly everybody here would more than glad to see him come back....
meh :|

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Carcajou schreef: I hope you're not talking about O'Brien..... If you are I'd like to inform you that John was still an Ajax player a few months ago. He left for Den Haag after recurrent injuries that kept him frustrated and sidelined for months (years ???). Honestly everybody here would more than glad to see him come back....

besides, johnny doesn't want to play left back anymore

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Juanfran

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 05, 2005 7:32 am

The search for a left fullback continues...

There's a report in today's Algemeen Dagblad that Ajax are watching Spanish left fullback Juanfran, currently playing for Besiktas in Turkey. Ajax's technical director, Martin van Geel, actually confirmed this. He is quoted saying: "He was offered to us, indeed. But we're still in the phase of contemplating and discussing the offer. He's on our list, that's all."

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op vr aug 05, 2005 2:21 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: Juanfran

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr aug 05, 2005 12:33 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The search for a left fullback continues...

There's a report in today's Algemeen Dagblad[/b] that Ajax are watching Spanish left fullback Juanfran, currently playing for Besiktas in Turkey. Ajax's technical director, Martin van Geel, actually confirmed this. He is quoted saying: "He was offered to us, indeed. But we're still in the phase of contemplating and discussing the offer. He's on our list, that's all."

K.

he's a pretty decent two-way wing player who is hungry to get back into the spanish national team before WC... not a bad idea at all - if i recall correctly, he played against AJAX for celta vigo in the CL two seasons ago

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 05, 2005 4:10 pm

Okay, let's hurry then and sign him up... :D

Seriously: when's the deadline for Champions League registration. I believe that's today (midnight). That's very interesting. The transfer window will close later, but the deadline for UEFA registration is tonight. In other words: Ajax can still buy players next week, but they will not be eligible for the Champions League... unless they register his name today.

So, if Ajax are really sassy, they include the name of Juanfran in the roster they submit to the UEFA today (just in case) - and start talking to Besiktas after the weekend... It's actually allowed to do it that way! Would be a bit shameless, but also pretty funny! :D

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr aug 05, 2005 4:31 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Okay, let's hurry then and sign him up... :D

So, if Ajax are really sassy, they include the name of Juanfran in the roster they submit to the UEFA today (just in case) - and start talking to Besiktas after the weekend... It's actually allowed to do it that way! Would be a bit shameless, but also pretty funny! :D

K.
And unusually smart for the Ajax front office... :xyxthumbs:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Gesloten