Tomás Galásek

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Tomás Galásek

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm

Our man hasn't played a game for Ajax yet in 2005... Before the winter break he picked up a groin injury, which turned out to be very persistent indeed.

Today's news: he will undergo surgery of the abdominal wall. He will not be out longer due to this surgery; it is actually supposed to make for a quicker recovery. He will be out for at least a few more weeks, but this was already the case anyway.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo sep 10, 2006 8:36 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 31, 2005 5:51 pm

Finally - good news...

Galásek trained with the group today, for the first time in months. There's a report on Ajax.nl.

"It went well. It felt good and I'm nice and tired now. Feels great. I have to build it up slowly, step by step. Next week I want to be able to train with the group the whole week and perhaps I can play stretch for Young Ajax on Tuesday evening, against Young Excelsior. But that's the schedule inside my head. I won't necessarily happen that way."

Man, have we missed this guy... He's so important.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 31, 2005 6:25 pm

Welcome back Tomas.Your participation will certainly be welcome.However, I'm convinced we still need more vocal leadership than Tomas is apt to provide.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 16, 2005 5:33 pm

Tomás Galásek has now 'officially' been declared fit and he is training with the group, giving 100%. However, he will not yet be in the squad tomorrow. Danny Blind wants him to play a game with Young Ajax first, because he's been out for so long. Galásek is generally expected to play in Volendam tomorrow night (Young Volendam vs Young Ajax at 6:30 PM CET).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 21, 2005 10:56 am

Rumour! According to the Voetbalprimeur website more than just one 'reliable source around Willem II' has said that Tomás Galásek will return to his previous club. Galásek his unhappy with his current situation at Ajax: Danny Blind is dissatisfied with his play and does not seem to rate him as highly as his predecessors, Adriaanse and Koeman.

Hmmm. I don't know what to think...

K.
Still alive...

AjaxThailand

Bericht door AjaxThailand » zo aug 21, 2005 11:51 am

I am not sure why so many forum members here want him gone.

I think he is an extremely usefull player for Ajax and has shown that in the past. He bring leadership and balance to the midfield. If he leaves then we only have kids left in the midfield. I think it would be a big mistake unless they have their eyes on an experienced midfielder which they can buy

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo aug 21, 2005 8:04 pm

tough, really tough, he´s been a key part for ajax in the past. His experience is valuable for the young one coming up yet i dont think that Tomas is going to behave like Yannis. I for one would not want him to go but you have to understand his position. He´s been susceptible to injury and he´s getting old so its a tough call. :sad:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo aug 21, 2005 8:04 pm

Who is supposed to be our link midfielder now when the going gets tough? Maduro? You'd think Blind, of all people, would appreciate the value of an older defensive midfielder in the squad/team.

You mightn't need Galasek against RBC Rosendaal but he comes in damn handy against harder teams.

If Blind is nailing the squad down to fit only one formation then we're doomed when the bandwagon starts to get into difficulty in the winter mud.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma aug 22, 2005 5:17 am

AjaxThailand schreef:If he leaves then we only have kids left in the midfield. I think it would be a big mistake unless they have their eyes on an experienced midfielder which they can buy
bryan schreef:You'd think Blind, of all people, would appreciate the value of an older defensive midfielder in the squad/team.
What about Lindenbergh. He can play midfield can't he? and he's no spring chicken.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma aug 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Erm. yeah.

But I knew that all along. :eusa_liar:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 22, 2005 6:33 pm

Ajax will rue the day the get rid of Tomas Galasek, if the rumour proves true. He can't be too excess to requirements if Blind subs out Escude`, changes his tactics, and inserts Galasek at midfield. This shows that he is ,at the very least, an important option for Ajax. If, after Wednesday, we have at least 6 additional matches,I feel it would also be ludicrous to lose a multi-positional midfield player. Lack of depth and the CL are not compatible.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DelToro

Bericht door DelToro » ma aug 22, 2005 9:23 pm

Galasek is a usefull player for Ajax. So Ajax probably doesn't want to sell him, but I can understand his position. He has been one of Ajax' key players for a couple of years now, and then it's hard to take place on the bench.
Especially when you wanna play in the World Cup later this year. He won't be selected when his situation stays like it is right now.

He has been loyal to Ajax since he arrived in Amsterdam and may be Ajax should be loyal to him as well. If he really wants te leave (which he probably wants), Ajax should let him go. We got Maduro and Lindenbergh for this position (and in case of an emergency Heitinga and Emanuelson as well), so options enough.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma aug 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Rumour! According to the Voetbalprimeur website more than just one 'reliable source around Willem II' has said that Tomás Galásek will return to his previous club. Galásek his unhappy with his current situation at Ajax: Danny Blind is dissatisfied with his play and does not seem to rate him as highly as his predecessors, Adriaanse and Koeman.

Hmmm. I don't know what to think...

K.
I always liked Galasek and rated him highly. However I have never seen him a a big leader. Keeping him in the group for "experienced leadership" is hence not an argument I would fall for.

He has to contribute playing wise - simple as that.

Could be that he's not in his prime and then I would say that it could be fair both to him and us to let him go. I think however that he has at least one or two really good years left though and hope that he can spend them with Ajax.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 13, 2005 10:45 am

One of Britain's better and more reliable newspapers, The Independent, reports today that Aston Villa are seriously interested in landing Tomás Galásek. Villa are reportedly not the only club interested.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » do okt 13, 2005 7:58 pm

Swap deal: Galasek for Barros :yes:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 27, 2006 10:46 am

Philippe posted this in the Players Leaving thread, but it's such breaking news that I'm posting it here as well...
philippe schreef:Galásek toch weg bij Ajax
Martin van Geel en Tomas Galásek spraken onlangs de intentie uit om de aflopende verbintenis van de Tsjech te verlengen. Maar beide partijen konden het over het nieuwe contract niet eens worden. Dat betekent dat hij Ajax na dit seizoen alsnog gaat verlaten

it seems that both parties can not find an agreement. Therefore Galasek could be another name on the List : this is getting scary.
Seems like Galásek will leave. The Dutch-language report says that both parties had the intention to extend the Czech's deal, but that they couldn't agree on the terms of the contract. Which means that Galásek will leave Ajax at season's end...

Wow. This really is a very serious exodus...

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 27, 2006 11:50 am

The players obviously aren't happy.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Not surprised he has said no. I assume he was only offered a 1 year deal but next season with Maduro coming through as a regular at the holding midfield role I believe Galasek would not be getting so much playing time and at 33 he must want to play regularly so hence he says no.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Wouldn't suprise me if he returns to Willem II. He still lives in Tilburg, is respected there, his kids feel at home there and I'm sure he can get any deal he wants (if they stay up, that is).

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za jan 28, 2006 12:58 pm

On AT5 yesterday they asked Galasek why he didn't sign, and he simply said that the parties couldn't come to an agreement and that he couldn't say anymore.

Then AT5 went and asked Danny Blind, and he spilled all the beans about the contract negotiations. I thought it was disrespectful towards the player's privacy.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jan 28, 2006 8:29 pm

Guess that will be the drop that spills the juice then.....I dont see him signing for us :nooo: . Next year is going to be a huge rebuilding year.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo jan 29, 2006 1:58 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Next year is going to be a huge rebuilding year.
This may not be a bad thing. The squad has been in decline for too long and its really starting to show. Fresh blood might be just the thing (with the right coach of course).The problem is can the Ajax fans be patient in a rebuilding process?!?

One thing I find interesting though. There was a mass exodus of players from PSV last year and THIS is there rebuilding process...leading the friggin league. Something is not right there.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jan 29, 2006 11:09 am

That's cause Hiddink, PSV fans and the club itself kno whow to properly settle and welcome the players. Here at Ajax, we go "We expect you to score 20 goals this season...we expect only 5 goals conceded we expect.." we pile the pressure on, andthe squad, fresh or not, would get unsettled.
Get a Cock

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Yeah, there have been plenty of players that have failed at PSV in the beginning but blossomed later on. Take Theo Lucius for example, he never set the place on fire but still managed to be a decent squad member none the less, even putting in match winning performances in important games every now and then. At Ajax he would have been written off after six months.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jan 29, 2006 1:35 pm

Yes and thats why I say we should stick with Johnny Heitinga, although he is not in a similar situation as Theo Lucius was in his younger years. But you get my point.

Gesloten