Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di sep 20, 2005 12:32 am

dws schreef:Erie Divisie Not Eire.
Even Eredivisie....
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » di sep 20, 2005 12:49 am

mmm.... i attribute my spelling fu*k up of eredivise to Rosenberg syndrome.

Rosenberg syndrome : a disease which causes the sufferer to screw up twice in quick succession :D

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di sep 20, 2005 7:31 am

Per schreef: I think you have a point. In way Babel has more experience on this level. But who would play west wing?
Ah, I was just gonna add a post to the general football thread, but I'll take it here. After watching another impressive game from Djurgårnden's left winger Tobias Hysén I'm convinced that he will be playing on a higher level, and would be a great player in the eredivisie. He made the difference yesterday and probably took his team to winning the gold in Sweden.

We need a winger that can beat his man. Hysén is a winger that is fast as the wind and has the confidence to go one-on-one with the defender. He also has good crosses and a good shot. And the guy is strong. He will be moving abroad soon, I think this would be a great buy. As Per mentioned earlier, he hasn't made it to the Swedish NT yet (only some training tournament) but I think it's a matter of time.

Did I mention Djurgården is very close to the GOLD. 4 games to go. 6 points up. YEAH BABY! :bis:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di sep 20, 2005 10:51 am

He made the difference yesterday and probably took his team to winning the gold in Sweden.
It's not hard to look fast and stylish against Magnus "Ölme" Johansson - former player of Groningen btw. Still not convinced Jakob, you'll have to bring more to the table ;) .
Did I mention Djurgården is very close to the GOLD. 4 games to go. 6 points up. YEAH BABY! :bis:
:pukey: :nooo:

Whatever......
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » di sep 20, 2005 3:42 pm

I'm not sure Hysén has the qualities yet to play in Ajax.
But maybe, he is very talented.
He was excellent against Juve on Stadio Dele Alpi in the last year's qualifications to Champions League so he's got a good potential.
But since I'm starting to question Rosenberg's talent and potential to become a great player my attitude towards Hysén will remain down to earth until he really starts shining.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di sep 20, 2005 4:46 pm

Jocke27 schreef: But since I'm starting to question Rosenberg's talent and potential to become a great player
It's his first year abroad. New city, new team, young inexperienced player. I don't think we should judge him just yet. I've seen him play great games, in Allsvenskan and in the Royal League mostly, but he did also have a good game against France with the national team.

I think he'll be fine, if given some time. The thing I'm not really convinced about is if his qualities are perfect for the lonely striker role. I hope he'll show that my worries are unnecessary.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 21, 2005 10:23 am

He's been given too much starting positions in my opinion
Get a Cock

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 21, 2005 10:36 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:He's been given too much starting positions in my opinion
I like the gesture from Blind, not the result though...

We all seem to agree that we're pretty much choosing between pest and colera (is it called that) when it comes to the forward positions. Charisteas has shown some more promise than Markus though.

But if Blind really wants this to be a long term solution (Markus as no9 that is) he needs to give him time to get it right. IMO it seems like Markus already understands the positional play quite well (that usually is the hardest part for strikers nwe to 4-3-3) but can't get it right in front of the goal.

He needs to get confidence.

He won't get that on the bench. IMO he should be given some time in the reserves and a good 30 minutes as vervanger in the upcoming two or three games. That would take some pressure off his shoulders and give him some time to think. A couple of good sub-apperances and he could be on track again.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 21, 2005 10:56 am

Blind in De Telegraaf today...

"He's still my number one choice. Rosenberg must not let the people get to him. The criticism from the outside is part of the deal, but he must not listen to it. He must listen to me and to the things I tell him about the way we want to practice and play."

Now that's what I call support. And I agree 100%.

F*ck everyone, Markus. You can do it. Go for it. Find you way. All will be okay.

Peace.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Moral support is good, but what about support in the game? We'r e not getting any decent passes, crosses, game play to our strikers, Blind should really think about that.
Get a Cock

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo sep 21, 2005 4:36 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Moral support is good, but what about support in the game? We'r e not getting any decent passes, crosses, game play to our strikers, Blind should really think about that.
Somehow I think, despite giving moral support on times, that Blind has enbough time on his hands to worry about those things as well.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » za sep 24, 2005 9:12 pm

The guy is getting hardly any service,untill that issue is addressed he will struggle.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

dws

Bericht door dws » zo sep 25, 2005 10:46 pm

The guy is getting hardly any service,untill that issue is addressed he will struggle.
Markus has missed chance after chance . Blind has had no option other than to replace him.

Jocke27

Bericht door Jocke27 » wo sep 28, 2005 8:33 pm

Well, I really feel sorry for Charisteas, that was a nasty hit.
Ajaz were a bit unfortunate to lose because they e few chances in the second half but Arsenal played good in the defense.
Great to see that Rosenberg scored though, even if the goal didn't matter in the end.
I think Charisteas had a hard game with Campbell like bag on him and he didn't get too friendly passes.
I think Rosenberg fit better with his speed against a big defender like Campbell.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do sep 29, 2005 4:05 am

He's going to have to step ti up a notch now that charisteas is injured he will be the main man and all eyes will be on him, it's do or die time i believe.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 17, 2005 4:02 pm

I think i have just invented a new word... so here it goes, have we gotten to the sikorasoetearssonck point with this guy ????? Sad but i think were getting close :sad:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma okt 17, 2005 4:46 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I think i have just invented a new word... so here it goes, have we gotten to the sikorasoetearssonck point with this guy ????? Sad but i think were getting close :sad:
Remember: first year abroad. Young lad. Not much experience. On his way into the national team, but not even close to the starting eleven yet. Only been at Ajax a few months, never played in a 4-3-3 system before. I think he's had too high expextations.

I don't think he was ready to be a starter in a big european team as he came to Ajax. He should be given some time to grow. Remember that he only had one(!) successful year in Sweden before he came to Ajax. Markus has talent though. I think he'll be fine, if given some time.

As I've said before, the only worries I have for Rosenberg is that I'm not sure he has the qualities needed to be a modern 4-3-3 lonely striker. He's not really big and strong. I have a feeling he might be more of a 4-4-2 forward. But I hope I'm wrong.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma okt 17, 2005 5:10 pm

I wrote this when Ajax was first interested in Markus: this guy scored about 15 goals in some four years in Sweden. How will he help us as a striker? We expect more then 20 league goals per season. The question remains unanswered.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 18, 2005 8:30 am

If we looked at the striker's record, look at Charisteas'
Get a Cock

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za nov 12, 2005 2:01 pm

Markus Rosenberg played the second half in Sweden's friendly against South Korea today. The game ended in a 2-2 draw after Elmander's first half goal and Rosenberg's in the second half. Markus' goal came on a cross from Djurgården's left winger Tobias Hysén (who I still claim would be an excellent purchase for Ajax) which Rosenberg headed (I think) at the near post.

I haven't seen any pictures yet, just read the live report from the game. Former Feyenoord attacker Elmander seems to have been Sweden's best player.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za nov 12, 2005 3:45 pm

What sort of system, and players does Sweden use?
Get a Cock

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za nov 12, 2005 4:47 pm

Sweden plays with a 4-4-2 system, and with the diamond midfield (one defensive and one attacking central medfielder).

Five Swedish players weren't in the troup this time: Zlatan, Ljungberg, Isaksson, Källström and Wilhelmsson.

South Korea was reportedly much better, but Sweden scored on their chances. Coach Lagerbäck praised Rosenberg's second half today. He obviously strengthened his chances to make it to the WC troup. He is nowhere near a starting position though, as Zlatan and Larsson are light years ahead.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za nov 12, 2005 5:08 pm

Turns out the guy still can score then....in a 4-4-2

BTW, we also missed Mellberg and Edman!

Basically a full starting eleven away and against a powered full strength Korea. I think we pulled a good result there. noth that results matter in friendlies...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za nov 12, 2005 8:38 pm

Good to see him scoring might give him a badly needed confidence boost.Good result by the swedes and a good chance for Lagerback too see what else is around there for the World Cup. 2-2 after a long trip and a second squad not bad at all. Did Larsson and Svensson(Anders) play????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za nov 12, 2005 11:41 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: Did Larsson and Svensson(Anders) play????
Larsson was not in the squad. Anders Svensson did play, full 90 I think.

Gesloten