Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 16, 2005 8:59 am

Per schreef:After six months of total fucking agony and disbelief.....I got a job!!!!!!!!
YESSS!!

That means you can come to Amsterdam more frequently for your dose of crap football!

:party:

Great news, man. Congratulations!

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo okt 16, 2005 12:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Per schreef:After six months of total fucking agony and disbelief.....I got a job!!!!!!!!
YESSS!!

That means you can come to Amsterdam more frequently for your dose of crap football!

:party:

Great news, man. Congratulations!

K.
It sure does. I'll be able to come down for the week-end games much more frequently!

It brings endless possibilities.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma okt 17, 2005 11:52 am

Finally plucked up the courage to watch the 2004/05 season dvd.
I think that it says it all about last season that we are treated to goodness knows how many minutes of Heitinga explaining (well I think he was doing that) how the laundry room works. This part seemed to go on longer than the clips about Raffie's 6 years and pictures of Danny Blinds hair which I thought was meant to be a history of our glorious leader.

Having said all of that the dvd is still worthwhile for Zlatan's goal alone. An absolute wonder goal.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma okt 17, 2005 8:29 pm

Djurgårdens IF are Champions of Sweden! :cheer: :applaus: :pinkelephant:

The Championship was secured after a 0-0 game tonight, while IFK Göteborg lost to Hammarby (thanks for that one Per! :worshippy: ) 3-2.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma okt 17, 2005 8:49 pm

jakobg schreef:Djurgårdens IF are Champions of Sweden! :cheer: :applaus: :pinkelephant:

The Championship was secured after a 0-0 game tonight, while IFK Göteborg lost to Hammarby (thanks for that one Per! :worshippy: ) 3-2.
:frusty:

In the words of many wise men: F#CK!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 20, 2005 11:44 am

Something to be proud of, I guess...

On the independent Press Freedom Index 2005 (list of countries based on the extent to which the press can do their work independently and in freedom) The Netherlands shares the top berth with countries such as Denmark.

Interesting, this...

http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=554

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do okt 20, 2005 3:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Something to be proud of, I guess...

On the independent Press Freedom Index 2005 (list of countries based on the extent to which the press can do their work independently and in freedom) The Netherlands shares the top berth with countries such as Denmark.

Interesting, this...

http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=554

K.

I am currently studying journalism in my country, wish to go abroad after i graduate, i havent checked the list yet but i bet Venezuela is not in the top fifty :nooo: the political crisis keeps doing this :X or worse yet :rocketwhore: to the press, fucking shame.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do okt 20, 2005 4:32 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
I am currently studying journalism in my country, wish to go abroad after i graduate, i havent checked the list yet but i bet Venezuela is not in the top fifty :nooo: the political crisis keeps doing this :X or worse yet :rocketwhore: to the press, fucking shame.
If I was you I would think about changing your career.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do okt 20, 2005 7:04 pm

Interesting observation - the world's largest democracies viz. USA (with respect to size) & India (population) are 44th & 106th respectively.

Its strange to see strife-ridden countries like Angola & Nicaragua have more press freedom than India.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za okt 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Amol schreef:Interesting observation - the world's largest democracies viz. USA (with respect to size) & India (population) are 44th & 106th respectively.

Its strange to see strife-ridden countries like Angola & Nicaragua have more press freedom than India.
A friend of mine needs to offer a football jersey to his little cousin.

I persuaded him that his cousin would cry, be disappointed and thus begin listenning to Emo music if it wasn't an Ajax jersey (and we don't want that, do we ?).

So where is the best place to get it online ?

The best would be a shop that offers even the jerseys of the last years so that he can have some choice.

Thankee :)
meh :|

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » za okt 29, 2005 9:02 pm

Sign your name on
the dotted line:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za okt 29, 2005 10:57 pm

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp have got some older shirts as well, usually for cheaper prices.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo okt 30, 2005 3:02 am

Dank u.
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo okt 30, 2005 7:59 am

Carcajou schreef:Dank u.
Shite. I thought u where asking me a question! Then I remembered I know some Dutch...LOL.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 31, 2005 1:45 am

Quick dumb question here How many off you play video games with ajax ???? Pro Evolution Soccer 5,Fifa 2006 etc etc I'm currently playing the eredivisie on PES 5 my record is 11 wins and 2 draws. Man wish we had that kind of record.....Rosenberg has scored 10 goals so far :drecul2: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma okt 31, 2005 8:29 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Quick dumb question here How many off you play video games with ajax ???? Pro Evolution Soccer 5,Fifa 2006 etc etc I'm currently playing the eredivisie on PES 5 my record is 11 wins and 2 draws. Man wish we had that kind of record.....Rosenberg has scored 10 goals so far :drecul2: .
Well I had Sensible Soccer on a Commodore Amiga years ago (the one where you could programme your own team to make the players look and play realistically). It got a bit boring though after Blackpool had won the Premier League for about the 10th year running...fun while it lasted though and by being able to buy and sell your own team as well you get some great heroes you'd never have heard of (I had some Bolivian guy in my team :bis: !).

This has been a very bad footy weekend for me. Ajax couldn't beat Heerenveen and went to my first Blackpool game of the season away at Gillingham on Saturday...went 1-0 up and lost 2-1 with the goalscorer sent off....bloody typical Blackpool :nooo:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma okt 31, 2005 9:28 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Quick dumb question here How many off you play video games with ajax ???? Pro Evolution Soccer 5,Fifa 2006 etc etc I'm currently playing the eredivisie on PES 5 my record is 11 wins and 2 draws. Man wish we had that kind of record.....Rosenberg has scored 10 goals so far :drecul2: .
Football manager 2005...won the championship 2 years running...maybe thats because i kept zlatan for a bit longer. raffie was a champ. I even bought 'mike zonneveld' and he was one of the better players as well...go figure. I did so well i ended up coaching ajax and holland. I ended up using a lot of youth players and they did well too.

Ajax made the final of the Champions league (but lost), Holland made the semis of WC 2008 and i still got the arse!

Cant wait to purchase FM 2006. Interesting to see how I go with the current squad.

Oh yeah...why was it a dumb question? Sounds pretty resonable to me.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 31, 2005 4:05 pm

DanK schreef:
Football manager 2005...won the championship 2 years running...maybe thats because i kept zlatan for a bit longer. raffie was a champ. I even bought 'mike zonneveld' and he was one of the better players as well...go figure. I did so well i ended up coaching ajax and holland. I ended up using a lot of youth players and they did well too.

Ajax made the final of the Champions league (but lost), Holland made the semis of WC 2008 and i still got the arse!

Cant wait to purchase FM 2006. Interesting to see how I go with the current squad.

Video Games are a lot of times related with stuff like inmaturity so thats why i say dumb... but hell i dont care what people say, its fun in the end :eusa_dance:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo nov 02, 2005 9:58 am

DanK schreef:

OK...so far these are the events of Football Manager 2006 (demo version...full release out later this week). Oh and if this should be in another thread i appologise now :)

First up...get this. Rosenberg is on 10 goals...he scored 4 in one game!!!
These are the team stats:
Played 6
Goals scored 18 (3.0)
Conceded 7 (1.2)
Yellows 5
Top scorer Rosenberg 10 (hehe)
Markus is also averaging 8.67 (out of 10) and is on top for player of the year (followed by Babel on 8.50)...who said Ryan cant play on the wing???
Also Ajax beat Basel to qualify for Euros (6-0). Winning away 4-0 first leg.

We did lose to PSV in the Super Cup on pens.

So what does this tell us??? Danny Blind is utter crap or I need to get out more! Probably the second one.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » zo nov 06, 2005 9:33 pm

Just got back from a ten day trip to Marseille, damn I'd like to bring their weather back with me.

Obviously a lot has happened within these ten days, as there are about one million new posts for me to read. Doesn't seem like Ajax is doing any better than they did when I left though.

I also got the chance to visit a packed Stade Velodrome for Marseille-Lille. It was a nice evening, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. They have a very fanatic crowd over there.

Gotta get back to the real life now, I'm not looking forward to that at all. Oh well, what to do...
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di nov 08, 2005 8:12 pm

I just got back from a trip too, only this was for business. A two week jaunt through the antipodes, specifically New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and Australia.

I didn't take in any footie, although I did manage to not get eaten in Papua New Guinea. I also managed to watch (on TV) the poor West Indies get slapped around by Australia in cricket. Even more unfortunately, I caught some of the Astros' game 2 meltdown in the business class lounge at the international terminal in LAX.

On the plus side, I managed to get a pretty good surf session in over at Broulee in New South Wales, inspiring my current avatar (no, that's not me).

While I'm at it, I hope our Parisian friends are staying out of harms way. Stay safe, mes amis!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 09, 2005 8:38 am

don't believe what you see on CNN : everything's cool here :eusa_liar:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 09, 2005 4:19 pm

philippe schreef:don't believe what you see on CNN : everything's cool here :eusa_liar:
Was the :eusa_liar: for CNN or for the "everything's cool here" remark.

I hope it was for CNN. I know how media images can distort reality and make it seem like things are worse than they really are.

Once, when I was living in Athens, my sister heard about a bomb going off there and called me at 700 am to ask if I was ok. I wasn't even aware that a bomb had gone off! The news media had made it seem as if the whole city had gone up in flames.

I hope that is the case in Paris.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 09, 2005 6:00 pm

There has been riots in most suburbs, due to legitimate anger from youths, but the way CNN showed it was exagerated ; it was almost a civil war, Paris in flames and so on.

But we do have serious problems here, and that's not :eusa_liar:

In 1995 I arrived in Amsterdam the day after (stupid timing really) the CL final, and I read the news as I was on the plane mentionning riots and massive destructions in the city. I was expecting to find some kind of disaster, but all I could see in the center was a broken bus stop.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 09, 2005 7:20 pm

philippe schreef:There has been riots in most suburbs, due to legitimate anger from youths, but the way CNN showed it was exagerated ; it was almost a civil war, Paris in flames and so on.

But we do have serious problems here, and that's not :eusa_liar:

In 1995 I arrived in Amsterdam the day after (stupid timing really) the CL final, and I read the news as I was on the plane mentionning riots and massive destructions in the city. I was expecting to find some kind of disaster, but all I could see in the center was a broken bus stop.
Good to know that things aren't as bad as it may seem from CNN, et al, but sad to hear about the problems in general. Hope they get resolved in a lasting manner.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie