New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr nov 25, 2005 5:19 pm

You know guys I am really not too sure about about this Vlaar geezer, I mean he will be under an enormous amount of pressure at Amsterdam, he is better off with Feyenoord or PSV. Besides he will be cup tied for European matches. Maybe I am wrong, but Ajax should scout for a Chivu-esque. As for Huntelaar, sign him on a 4/5 and a half year contract and loan him for the remainder of the season, and lets sign Kluivert on loan until the end of the season, he is not cup tied for european competition and knows the Ajax system well, maybe he will reignite that spark he once had, sometime ago. It all makes sense. Doesnt it?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 25, 2005 5:38 pm

I watched AZ yesterday v Middlesbrough and Vlaar was on the bench. How come he played for Holland v Italy when he is only a regular sub for the cheese farmers? A promising player for the future but surely we need some experienced players.Vlaar and Hutelaar will be good buys for the future and the club look as though they are only going to buy dutch.

I would not worry if we did buy Stam and Kluivert. We need a couple of players like this to add to the youngsters.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr nov 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Kluivert has no interest in playing football anymore, I don't see why we should sign him.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr nov 25, 2005 9:32 pm

philippe schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:i feel maybe rosales should play the left to be a "rensenbrink" type left winger who can cut in and fire (at least til mitea is back!)
I can not remember seing him doing that ...

i have seen him do it several times for argentina, but only once or twice with AJAX - i mean that's basically what babel has been sent out to do: cut in and shoot from the left
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr nov 25, 2005 10:02 pm

[quote="bluedaddy19i have seen him do it several times for argentina, but only once or twice with AJAX - i mean that's basically what babel has been sent out to do: cut in and shoot from the left[/quote]
Who has the better shot? From what (little) I've seen, it would be Babel. If that's the case, wouldn't he be a better choice for the left wing (if we want our left wing to play that way). What upside would Rosales have over Babel beyond shooting ability?

Or am I wrong, and Rosales can shoot the ball pretty well?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za nov 26, 2005 2:00 am

I don't think anybody can remember. Best to get some videos from last season.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za nov 26, 2005 2:36 am

aveslacker schreef:Who has the better shot? From what (little) I've seen, it would be Babel. If that's the case, wouldn't he be a better choice for the left wing (if we want our left wing to play that way). What upside would Rosales have over Babel beyond shooting ability?

Or am I wrong, and Rosales can shoot the ball pretty well?

we need more options with such a heavy match load, and i kinda assume babel will end up getting his time at #9 (that, and he a very wild shot most of the time)

yeah, rosales actually has a nice shot, and he usually gets it on goal... remember how he started out with several goals last season? a few nice bombs in that lot, and a also caused a rebound ot two that got scored on - i don't know why he doesn't let fly anymore
Laatst gewijzigd door bluedaddy19 op za nov 26, 2005 11:42 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » za nov 26, 2005 7:11 am

Krohn-Deli signs with Ajax... again?

Can someone make sense out of this?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za nov 26, 2005 12:54 pm

Well, he left on a Bosman, he developed well, and now we're having him back om a Bosman... It's not that silly, is it?

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za nov 26, 2005 2:23 pm

vagegast schreef:Krohn-Deli signs with Ajax... again?

I always liked that guy.

If I remember it correctly he made a big impact on me whan I saw him in a friendly up in Stockholm.

Good news having him back!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za nov 26, 2005 7:27 pm

Per schreef:
vagegast schreef:Krohn-Deli signs with Ajax... again?

I always liked that guy.

If I remember it correctly he made a big impact on me whan I saw him in a friendly up in Stockholm.

Good news having him back!
Well it's sort of like a Lindenbergh situation again then, i have never seen him play so i really cant say anything but looking at the stat's i'm kind of skeptical 31 games last season(thats good) 2 goals(thats bad, especialy for a forward/winger). Lets wait and see....its free anyway's so there nothing to loose :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » zo nov 27, 2005 7:24 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Well, he left on a Bosman, he developed well, and now we're having him back om a Bosman... It's not that silly, is it?

K.
To me it is. Mr. Krohn-Deli as a potential succesor to De Jong? Thank you very much but I'll decline that offer.

We're deluding ourselves and giving false hope to Krohn-Deli. Let him ewnd up with whatever average Eredivisie he was bound to end up with...

I've seen him play for RKC multiple times, he's the epitomy of average in my eyes. Ajax don't need average, we've had too much of that lately in my eyes. My very worthy two cents.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo nov 27, 2005 8:08 am

So they let De Ridder go and then sign Krohn-Deli. Does that make sense?

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo nov 27, 2005 8:47 am

vagegast schreef:Ajax don't need average, we've had too much of that lately in my eyes. My very worthy two cents.
Amen to that :xyxthumbs:

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » zo nov 27, 2005 10:30 am

Frans schreef:So they let De Ridder go and then sign Krohn-Deli. Does that make sense?
I don't rate De Ridder much either. Way too slow to make an effective winger.

Antwanvanderstap
Contacteer:

Bericht door Antwanvanderstap » zo nov 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Ryan Babel said for AT5 News: Volgens Ryan Babel is Ajax niet van plan een nieuwe spits te kopen. Dat verklaarde hij vrijdag tegenover het AT5 Nieuws.
Al weken wordt volop gespeculeerd in verschillende media over eventuele nieuwe aankopen van Ajax, maar volgens Babel is het zeer onwaarschijnlijk dat de club op korte termijn een nieuwe spits aantrekt. Danny Blind wilde echter niet op de vraag ingaan.
Let's hope he is wrong
Een AJACIED ben je niet voor even. een AJACIED ben je voor het leven!!!!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo nov 27, 2005 6:28 pm

Antwanvanderstap schreef:
Ryan Babel said for AT5 News: Volgens Ryan Babel is Ajax niet van plan een nieuwe spits te kopen. Dat verklaarde hij vrijdag tegenover het AT5 Nieuws.
Al weken wordt volop gespeculeerd in verschillende media over eventuele nieuwe aankopen van Ajax, maar volgens Babel is het zeer onwaarschijnlijk dat de club op korte termijn een nieuwe spits aantrekt. Danny Blind wilde echter niet op de vraag ingaan.
Let's hope he is wrong
Ja !!! Leet's hoop eeij is wroong :redcard:
meh :|

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma nov 28, 2005 4:34 am

Ahhhhhhhh ok....Translation please ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma nov 28, 2005 9:54 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Ahhhhhhhh ok....Translation please ;)
According to Babel Ajax are NOT looking to buy a new striker in the short term (i.e. winterbreak).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma nov 28, 2005 1:57 pm

I guess he is right. What we need most is : a right winger, a left winger, and a central defender. Not more. :D
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 28, 2005 4:06 pm

philippe schreef:I guess he is right. What we need most is : a right winger, a left winger, and a central defender. Not more. :D
What we need for next season is Grygera and ten new guys, plus Johan Cruyff (or God, if Cruyff isn't available).

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma nov 28, 2005 4:10 pm

Grygera won't be at Ajax next season. He won't renew his contract and therefore he will be sold after the WC.

So that's 11 guys....and God. :D

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma nov 28, 2005 4:50 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Ahhhhhhhh ok....Translation please ;)
According to Babel Ajax are NOT looking to buy a new striker in the short term (i.e. winterbreak).
To Quote Darth Vader:
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

I hope that the "reading between the lines" translation is that they are going to buy a striker and get rid of him instead!

Great! So that means we have one striker who has one hell of a headache (Charisteas), one who could not hit the broad side of a barn if his life depended on it (Babel), and 2 that usually just sit on the bench, one because he was thrown in too early (Rosenberg) and one because he actually might outshine the rest of our so called "strikers" (Yannis). In reality, our midfield might as well take their places! If he is not willing to do something to help the team, then Blind must go, and sooner rather than later, IMO!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 28, 2005 7:42 pm

In the last weeks the only new names we are being linked with are Vlaar and Huntelaar. We are going to have to sign a few more players than that. I think you guys are right we need 11 new players.

Do you guys who watch every game think that Blind should be given the job of rebuilding ??

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma nov 28, 2005 8:26 pm

Which team on earth would say no to 11 new players and god?

I'll take Zlatan any day =)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Gesloten