New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jan 07, 2006 4:09 pm

He can't be worse than Boukhari.
That's for sure mon ami.
Happy that we see it in the same way...italian football included, I hate it, we are so poor and cynic. that's why I live for ajax..
cheers
O tempora o mores

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 07, 2006 5:40 pm

orange goblin schreef:
That's for sure mon ami.
Happy that we see it in the same way...italian football included, I hate it, we are so poor and cynic. that's why I live for ajax..
cheers
:bier: :bier: :bier: :bier: :bier: :bier: :bier:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za jan 07, 2006 8:11 pm

orange goblin schreef:
That's for sure mon ami.
cheers
Will you be going to the Inter game in Milan Orange Goblin ?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo jan 08, 2006 12:16 pm

I have serious problems at home so until few days to the match I don't know if I can go to S.Siro
Let's hope..so we can even meet there?
O tempora o mores

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo jan 08, 2006 7:37 pm

orange goblin schreef:I have serious problems at home so until few days to the match I don't know if I can go to S.Siro
Let's hope..so we can even meet there?
Certainly hope so - there is a fair number of us who visit this forum going. We all arrive early on the day of the game.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 09, 2006 2:57 pm

Yeah, would be nice to meet you there, Orange Goblin. :alc:

But first: I hope you can solve your personal problems.

Back 'on topic' now: I have news for those of you who have read reports about Jaap Stam joining Ajax. It's complete bollocks. Some reports even claimed that Stam has already visited the ArenA for talks, but his agent says that this is all untrue. Stam will not join Ajax.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 09, 2006 5:08 pm

The search for a winger continues... :eusa_dance:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 09, 2006 5:14 pm

aveslacker schreef:The search for a winger continues... :eusa_dance:
Yeah, but it would surprise me if they buy an expensive one now. Manucharyan and Mitea will return in the second half of the season, Tom De Mul will almost certainly return at season's end and Michael Krohn-Dehli (who will also return) can also be used as a winger.

Moreover, it is generally expected that Johnny Goossens (right winger of Ajax A1) and Derk Boerrigter (letf winger of Young Ajax) will be Ajax's wingers in the (possibly not that distant) future.

The wings may seem the biggest problem right now, but with the contracts of Trabelsi and Maxwell expiring, and still no decision on Juanfran, I think the real problems are the fullback positions...

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma jan 09, 2006 5:30 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: but with the contracts of Trabelsi and Maxwell expiring, and still no decision on Juanfran, I think the real problems are the fullback positions...
How about Juanfran, do you think he's worth keeping? I've only seen him in action at Ajax for a few minutes. He didn't convince me then. Has he convinced you regulars?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » ma jan 09, 2006 5:39 pm

Ko, I'm sure Goossens is a left winger. Have you seen more of him then I have? Can he also play on the right?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Bertje schreef:Ko, I'm sure Goossens is a left winger. Have you seen more of him then I have? Can he also play on the right?
Oops. I thought he was a right winger, but I'm sure you're right, as I have to admit I've never seen him play... :D

@ Jakob: YES, we should keep Juanfran. He's top drawer and we're definitely not going to find another experienced left fullback of this calibre. Juanfran is not expensive, we've seen with our own eyes that he fits into the team and according to the reports he's very happy in Amsterdam. He would love to stay and it would be extremely stupid to let him go.

K.
Still alive...

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » ma jan 09, 2006 6:48 pm

You prefer to spend your time in the spotlights with your book? :hypocrite:

I have heard his right foot isn't bad, but he is known(or so I've heard) for his crosses with his left.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma jan 09, 2006 6:54 pm

I saw a headline on VI.nl that said something to the effect that Ajax is the youngest side in the CL. I hazard a guess that Ajax is also a young side in HCE terms as well. A player with the experience and skill of Juanfran is absolutely invaluable. Keep him. Definitely keep him.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 09, 2006 8:13 pm

If we have to buy a winger, I would be in favour of making a move for Julian Jenner of NAC. He impressed me during NAC vs Ajax, recently, and since that game I paid special attention when I saw NAC on TV. He looks Ajax material.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di jan 10, 2006 1:21 am

Bertje schreef: I have heard his right foot isn't bad, but he is known(or so I've heard) for his crosses with his left.

goosens plays left wing for ORANJE U17
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 10, 2006 10:01 pm

If we have to buy a winger, I would be in favour of making a move for Julian Jenner of NAC. He impressed me during NAC vs Ajax, recently, and since that game I paid special attention when I saw NAC on TV. He looks Ajax material.
Just like you Ko, I'm a big fan of Jenner. He reminds me very much of Robin Van Persie; beats opponents with ease and puts in accurate crosses. A true Ajax winger in every respect. :yes:

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jan 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Yeah, would be nice to meet you there, Orange Goblin.

But first: I hope you can solve your personal problems.
thank u guys, you are kind people
Let's see what happens.
Anyway: with de mul, mitea, manucharyan the only move we have to do on the wingers side in my opinion is replacing rosales if he will be sold.
For sure, I hope not..
O tempora o mores

john_stein

Bericht door john_stein » wo jan 11, 2006 7:48 pm

Yesterday I read that there was an interest from Ajax in getting Quaresma, Perez and Majstorovic. Apparently we would want to swap quaresma for rosales. This all sounds very unlikely to me.
I think its great that Schilder has joined the adult team. I've heard lots of good stuff about this kid. Personally the guy I always wanted to see in the main squad was Aborah, but he is on loan now, so i´ll have to wait. Do you guys have any news about him?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jan 11, 2006 9:18 pm

Majstorovic would be a good addition.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do jan 12, 2006 2:22 pm

Good news. It is important thing that Ajax are looking for good and experienced players. Majstorović might be first-squad player, if Escude will leave us. I think that he is better than Heitinga in present form.

Wingers... I think Quaresma will be ideal type, but it seems like a dream, that Porto is going to sell one of their best player to Ajax. We can try, but I think it will be easier to buy Farfan or 'Run DMC' (hehe I love this nickname of DaMarcus created by someone from this forum) than Quaresma.

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » do jan 12, 2006 2:52 pm

I am not very positive about Majstorovic, I have NOT seen him in Eredivisie though! I know it's not possible to value a players capacity after one single game, but his performance in a friendly(for Sweden) against Norway wasn't good at all. After his entrance, in the beginning of the second half Norway scored three(!) goals.

If Ajax have shown interest for Majstorovic he must have done very well in Twente.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 12, 2006 3:43 pm

He's a bit of a butcher, too... Which is not necessarily a bad thing (Van Halst!), but he can be very dirty.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do jan 12, 2006 4:34 pm

I am too a bit sceptical about Majstorovic. He was a solid defender in Sweden and probably is in a lower Eredivisie team as well. He works hard, but to play for Ajax I think you need a bit more talent in your feet than this guy has.

He's no player for the national team, and I don't think he should be one for Ajax either.

Winger Tobias Hysén on the other hand would be the perfect buy. But I won't go on about that any more now.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jan 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Majstorovic would be a good player to have on the bench, if he can accept that role...He is kind of dirty but that would not be a bad thing given we currently are full of "clean" players, we need a bulldog who can once in a while come in and stick up for the youngsters, i bet he would be somewhat cheap too.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » do jan 12, 2006 6:41 pm

jakobg schreef:I am too a bit sceptical about Majstorovic. He was a solid defender in Sweden and probably is in a lower Eredivisie team as well. He works hard, but to play for Ajax I think you need a bit more talent in your feet than this guy has.

He's no player for the national team, and I don't think he should be one for Ajax either.

Winger Tobias Hysén on the other hand would be the perfect buy. But I won't go on about that any more now.
Yep, Hysén would be a great addition! A fighter who produced 9 goals and 10 assists from his left-forwards spot last season. I'm afraid signing Hysén would be both expensive and hard, since he a couple of weeks ago signed a new contract for Djurgården.

Gesloten