Bogdan Lobont

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 30, 2005 7:11 am

vagegast schreef:What the hell are we gonna do with FOUR goalkeepers in the first squad?
Perhaps play all four of them at the same time in European away games...?

Not a bad idea after our recent adventures in Munich and Tel Aviv... :D

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 28, 2005 8:02 pm

AT5 news reports that Bogdan Lobont has sold his house in the town of Ouderkerk today (beautiful old village on the Amstel river, just outside of Amsterdam). I guess that means something... He's on his way out.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jul 28, 2005 8:36 pm

It is better for both parties that Lobont goes away. Ajax has enough keepers and Lobont is not good enough for Ajax. Always made errors on critical situations (psv - Ajax, Brugge- Ajax), not good in catching high balls in the box and has a funny way of waving his arms to coach players.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 28, 2005 8:51 pm

I still think he's better (even on high crosses!) than Maarten Mistakelenburg though... He's as tall as the f*cking Eiffel Tower, but he completely panics when a high cross comes his way. I prefer Lobont over Stekelenburg any minute of the day.

The best goalie we have at the moment is Hans Vonk. Which sums it all up. It means that we don't have a top drawer goalkeeper at the moment.

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jul 28, 2005 9:11 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I still think he's better (even on high crosses!) than Maarten Mistakelenburg though... He's as tall as the f*cking Eiffel Tower, but he completely panics when a high cross comes his way. I prefer Lobont over Stekelenburg any minute of the day.

The best goalie we have at the moment is Hans Vonk. Which sums it all up. It means that we don't have a top drawer goalkeeper at the moment.

K.
Yup agree with you totally, we have no top notch keeper. When watching psv last year, it shows how important a good solid keeper is needed. I have hard feelings about Stekelenburg, Vonk is average, Vermeer is way too young and is already "the new Van der Sar" thanks to the press. Which will give a huge amount of pressure on Vermeer,

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jul 29, 2005 12:13 pm

GangstaRiB schreef: Vermeer is way too young and is already "the new Van der Sar" thanks to the press.
They said the same about Stekelenburg. He also was 'new van der Sar'... Well, I hope one of them will be new van der Sar, but at the moment we don't have any great goalkeepers.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jul 29, 2005 12:19 pm

Thanks for being loyal and always wanting to play Bogdan. You were better than Fred Grim, you were better than Joey Didulica, you are better than Maarten Stekelenburg and you are better than Hans Vonk. I hope you go on to prove to the Ajax staff what a bunch of idiots they are.

I'll never forget that save in the San Siro.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jul 29, 2005 12:25 pm

bryan schreef:Thanks for being loyal and always wanting to play Bogdan. [...] you were better than Joey Didulica
Pardon ??
meh :|

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jul 29, 2005 12:27 pm

He was better than Joey Didulica. And Joey Didulica was better than Grim and Stekelenburg.

But who got the nod? Grim and Stekelenburg. Lobont and Didulica should have been our number 1 & 2 keepers. But the staff seems to love Dutch keepers.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

"Bye bye, Boggy"

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jan 20, 2006 7:43 pm

Boggy has left the building, ladies and gentlemen. He signed for Fiorentina. News report to be published on Ajax USA in about an hour...

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Re: "Bye bye, Boggy"

Bericht door jakobg » vr jan 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Boggy has left the building, ladies and gentlemen. He signed for Fiorentina. News report to be published on Ajax USA in about an hour...

K.
On loan, right?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » vr jan 20, 2006 8:25 pm

Nope. He's gone for good.

dws

Bericht door dws » vr jan 20, 2006 9:22 pm

bryan schreef:He was better than Joey Didulica. And Joey Didulica was better than Grim and Stekelenburg.

But who got the nod? Grim and Stekelenburg. Lobont and Didulica should have been our number 1 & 2 keepers. But the staff seems to love Dutch keepers.
The away match v's Valencia in the champions league sums up Didulica very nicely.

Apart from the odd unfortunate error, Lobont was the best of the Ajax keepers during his stay at the club.

RosenbergSpits

Bericht door RosenbergSpits » vr jan 20, 2006 9:33 pm

nah, stekelenburg is def no1 at ajax. but vonk is certainly not better than boggie

any seems like ajax has to search for a new goalie, since i dont think that after this season kenneth vermeer can already be the 2nd keeper... he isn't just ready for it. and looking at how much steek is injured, they better find a good goalie

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jan 21, 2006 11:57 am

I think it was bad idea to sell Lobont. And it will be very bad idea unless we buy any good goalkeeper... I know that Lobont made mistakes, but his form was balanced and we knew that if Stekelenburg or Vonk (which were- in my opinion- worse goalkeepers than Lobont) were injured, we had good substitute.

I don't understand our transfer politics- we sold a few players and we don't have anyone for his place. I hope that Ajax will start to buy players at last...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jan 21, 2006 12:41 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:
I don't understand our transfer politics- we sold a few players and we don't have anyone for his place. I hope that Ajax will start to buy players at last...
Erm guys like Escude and Lobont havent been playing, so their transfer wasnt a loss in the sense of who takes place.
Get a Cock

RosenbergSpits

Bericht door RosenbergSpits » za jan 21, 2006 2:05 pm

to get things straight:

Escude didn't play well after his injury, so its better to sell him and get some money for him, than keep him and pay his salary.

Lobont is not a top keeper, but just to good for a 2nd or 3th keeper, and they got 3,5 milion from fiorentina for boggie.

think this is an example of the new ajax policy, selling an expensive foreigner keeper, and find a dutch speaking , experienced keeper. anyway im not a to big fan of stekelenburg, but he's good enough to play each week with a sub-top club . so i would like to see ajax getting an excelent good experienced keeper + another reserve keeper wich is also good.

so i would like to see Vd Sar after this season with moens or gentenaar as second keeper (although i doubt he will come)

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za jan 21, 2006 5:52 pm

I must say that I was a bit surprised Lobont never managed to make more of an impact in Ajax. He always played above average with the national side. I’ve never seen the light in Vonk, and I haven’t seen enough of Stekelenburg to make any informed comment.

I think Ajax would do well to A) acquire an older keeper with 5+ years Eresdivisie experience, and then let him (no idea who) and Stekelenburg battle it out on the training pitch; B) Get a completely new 20-25 national player from one of Europe’s top international teams and admit that Stekelenburg won’t cut it in Ajax and trade him; or C) Stick with Stekelenburg and let him develop for 1-2 years while showing absolute public confidence in him despite the fact that he might allow some costly goals in the process. Knowing Ajax they will of course most likely go for option D) Stick with Stekelenburg until he makes a mistake, play Vonk for about a month and then bring in some exotic, preferably unknown, goalie that will ultimately be a bust, while Stekelenburg and Vermeer have found success elsewhere.

As for a suggestion to whom the international goalie could be, Id like to propose one in particular. (ah you think, the plot thickens). Stephan Andersen (currently ranked second in the Danish national team) has played with much success in Charlton this fall after changing to that club from an irrelevant Danish side last year. He’s been a regular on all the national youth teams in Denmark and as regarded as very talented by all the pro’s that know him. Now, for some reason, Charlton doesn’t play him at the moment preferring Dean Kiely (understandably) instead after his recovery from injury. Note that Stephan is still keeping the Norwegian #1 Thomas Myhre off the bench. Those of you that have seen Stephan play for Charlton know that he is top class and has proven himself in the Premier League. I say buy Stephan and let the Danish media start paying more attention to Ajax (like in the old Gronkjaer-days) and, also, show more Ajax games on tele. The defense rests.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jan 21, 2006 9:34 pm

Ajax will problably stick with Stekelenburg, if we need a veteran goalkeeper we should bring Van der Sar back so if Stekk ends up being a bust we can at least have someone with some experience behind him.

PS: 3.5 million for Boggie is a very good fee :yes: .

PS2: If we need to buy a star goalie than look nowhere else than Andreas Isaksson, this guy is awsome plain and simple plus he's young and a starter for the swedish national team.

Bet 1000 bucks Per and Jakobg will agree :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za jan 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: PS2: If we need to buy a star goalie than look nowhere else than Andreas Isaksson, this guy is awsome plain and simple plus he's young and a starter for the swedish national team.

Would be an excellent move, can't understand why no big club hasn't signed him yet, but there's no chance he will move to Holland. He'll be in one of the three big leagues soon.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za jan 21, 2006 10:36 pm

Stekelenburg is never going to be a top class goalkeeper if he keeps getting handed the number 1 shirt on a silver platter. The Ajax staff had decided that he was going to be the new number 1 even before he had proved it yet. We need our goalkeepers to earn their place in the squad. Van der Sar earned his place from Stanley Menzo and that process made him a better player.

Ajax's new policy of selling and/or pissing off all my favourite players and playing shitheads instead is starting to annoy me. :D

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » zo jan 22, 2006 9:19 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Ajax will problably stick with Stekelenburg, if we need a veteran goalkeeper we should bring Van der Sar back so if Stekk ends up being a bust we can at least have someone with some experience behind him.

PS: 3.5 million for Boggie is a very good fee :yes: .

PS2: If we need to buy a star goalie than look nowhere else than Andreas Isaksson, this guy is awsome plain and simple plus he's young and a starter for the swedish national team.

Andreas Isaksson would be a great addition to the team and a sure starter, which is why I dont see that happening. I agree with jakobg, Isaksson will be in the big three very very soon.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo jan 22, 2006 12:06 pm

jakobg schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: PS2: If we need to buy a star goalie than look nowhere else than Andreas Isaksson, this guy is awsome plain and simple plus he's young and a starter for the swedish national team.

Would be an excellent move, can't understand why no big club hasn't signed him yet, but there's no chance he will move to Holland. He'll be in one of the three big leagues soon.
Second Jakob's statement 100%, hw would never come to us.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jan 22, 2006 2:19 pm

I don't think Stekkers is ever going to be a top-class goalie, his positioning is terrible and sometimes his concentration seems to go walkabout.

So having sold our best keeper, I think it's time Ajax's scouting team finally started earning their money.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo jan 22, 2006 9:27 pm

Per schreef:
jakobg schreef:

Second Jakob's statement 100%, hw would never come to us.
You can always have faith :D it would be a shame if he joined a sub-par team from the three big leagues, teams like Birmingham,Palermo or Roma for example would be some teams i would not like to see him going to, he's too good for that :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Gesloten