Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 24, 2005 12:24 pm

Alan Pardew apologised to Mido and Tottenham Hotspur yesterday for the racist chanting directed at the striker by West Ham supporters during Sunday's meeting between the teams. "Your mum's a terrorist" was one of the offensive taunts that the Egyptian striker was subjected to during the 1-1 draw.
Appie, stay strong !

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » do nov 24, 2005 1:05 pm

philippe schreef:Alan Pardew apologised to Mido and Tottenham Hotspur yesterday for the racist chanting directed at the striker by West Ham supporters during Sunday's meeting between the teams. "Your mum's a terrorist" was one of the offensive taunts that the Egyptian striker was subjected to during the 1-1 draw.
These chants are less political and more pathetic. I don't possess a sufficient framework to understand why crowds behave like this. What's more disappointing is that it's not an uncommon occurrence in football.

What inspires a person to give a spray to a player about his wife/girlfriend/race? Or beat up opposition fans?

These people are just pests; not at all interested in advancing their club. Totally embarrassing.

Mido, you can come back to Ajax if you promise to be a good boy.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo nov 30, 2005 5:07 pm

Apparently Raffie just cannot stop scoring as rumour has it that there is a small Vaart on the way. :headbang:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo nov 30, 2005 11:43 pm

Yes they expect a baby soon, send him to Ajax ;)
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Mido

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do dec 15, 2005 12:58 pm

The following quote, originally from Dutch sports weekly Sportweek, is now pretty much everywhere in the English press. The guy who said it is our good mate Mido: "The Premiership is stronger and bigger than the Dutch league, but Ajax are a bigger club than Tottenham Hotspur."

It really strikes me that almost every English news source now runs this quote as news. Apparently it's quite something to say.

To be honest I don't see the point at all. I mean of course Ajax are a bigger club than Spurs. With all due respect (I like Spurs!), but is that such a shocking thing to say? Ajax have more European trophies, more domestic titles, a bigger ground, a bigger fanbase and they are in the Champions League almost every year. Ajax don't just have a bigger history, they're lightyears higher on the current FIFA ranking as well. Of course the English league is stronger than the Dutch over-all, but qualifiying for the UEFA Cup in England (you have to finish 8th for that) is definitely not harder than qualifying for the Champions League (that is: finishing 1st or 2nd) in Holland.

It's been centuries since Spurs were in Europe. It would be more remarkable news if someone was silly enough to claim that Spurs are bigger than Ajax...

I mean: if Pierre van Hooydonk would say in the media that Celtic are a bigger club than NAC Breda... that would hardly be remarkable, would it?

Don't understand what the fuss is all about, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do dec 15, 2005 1:09 pm

In addition to the above post...

Only two clubs in Europe won considerably more European trophies than Ajax (Real Madrid and AC Milan), whereas the trophy cabinets of Bayern Munich and Liverpool are similar Ajax's. Historically Ajax are one of Europe's five or six biggest and most succesful clubs: behind Real Madrid, AC Milan and possibly Liverpool and/or Bayern Munich, but definitely ahead of Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester United, to name but a few.

But before anyone starts giving me the usual 'you-Ajax-fans-live-in-the-past' type bullshit, let me stress that history doesn't really count for me. It's nice, but it's all about today. And today's reality is that Ajax are nowhere near the level of the top six teams in Europe. Check the FIFA/UEFA club rankings (those are not only about European competition, but also included domestic performances). The number of clubs with a better recent record than Ajax is not three or four, but thirty of forty.

Even the fact that we're in the round of sixteen in the Champions League doesn't mean that we're one of the sixteen best in Europe. 25, 30 or possibly 40 clubs in Europe are 'bigger' than Ajax at the moment (FIFA ranking!), but even then Tottenham Hotspur are definitely not one of 'em. Absolutely no way in the world.

Not that it matters! It's all about love. And to a true supporter there is only one club in the world -- and that's the way it should be. But if we're going to discuss status... There is something seriously wrong with any Spurs fan claiming that what Mido said is factually incorrect.

The English perspective... always very interesting.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op do dec 15, 2005 1:18 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 15, 2005 1:17 pm

Well put Ko. I too do not know what all the fuss is about . As usual you sum it up very well.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do dec 15, 2005 3:35 pm

I think it has more to do with pride than anything else.But very well put youre point K.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do dec 15, 2005 6:31 pm

Being away from England at the moment, that's the first time I've heard that quote.....Spurs?...not even the biggest team in North London, let alone anywhere else......but historically Spurs are one of the "Big Five" in England (Spurs, Arsenal, Moan U, Liverpool and Everton). The presense of Everton and Spurs shows how out of date that is but some fans really do live in the past (this year apart, I can't even remember the last time Spurs or Everton even qualified for Europe!)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr dec 16, 2005 8:23 am

Kowalczyk schreef:...
Only two clubs in Europe won considerably more European trophies than Ajax (Real Madrid and AC Milan), whereas the trophy cabinets of Bayern Munich and Liverpool are similar Ajax's. Historically Ajax are one of Europe's five or six biggest and most succesful clubs: behind Real Madrid, AC Milan and possibly Liverpool and/or Bayern Munich, but definitely ahead of Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester United, to name but a few.
K.
This actually reminded me of a comment made by an Australian football commentator a few years back. They did a story on (at the time Ajax’s) Joey Didulica, and even though we had players playing in Italy and England, he made the point of saying that Joey was the only Australian playing in one of Europe’s truly great clubs.

He had a point...I remember feeling an immense sense of pride in our team from Amsterdam.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr jan 06, 2006 3:20 pm

According to VI, De Ridder does not seem happy with his current situation in Spain. Let's bring him back.
Appie, stay strong !

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jan 06, 2006 4:18 pm

philippe schreef:According to VI, De Ridder does not seem happy with his current situation in Spain. Let's bring him back.
He wasn't good enough at Ajax, he isn't good enough in Spain, why would we need him again?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr jan 06, 2006 5:15 pm

Jakobg - how come the limecat is pissed - we trusted you to look after him and you let him get this way - tut tut.

Oh and BTW 100% agree with your thoughts on de Riddance

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jan 06, 2006 5:31 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Jakobg - how come the limecat is pissed - we trusted you to look after him and you let him get this way - tut tut.
The Limecat looks after himself. I can't control neither his behaviour nor his mood swings. He's been pissed for a while now though, gotta talk to him.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr jan 06, 2006 5:33 pm

jakobg schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Jakobg - how come the limecat is pissed - we trusted you to look after him and you let him get this way - tut tut.
The Limecat looks after himself. I can't control either his behaviour of his mood swings. He's been pissed for a while now though, gotta talk to him.
Ah that sort of pissed - I thought that you had taken him out for some new years fun and he had one too many shots of vodka :bis:

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » vr jan 06, 2006 10:57 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Ah that sort of pissed - I thought that you had taken him out for some new years fun and he had one too many shots of vodka :bis:
I'm sure he's been all kinds of pissed. He probably had one too many lime drinks at New Years.

Buuut, back to the former Ajacieden.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za jan 07, 2006 11:05 am

De Ridder never showed anything but promises of the future.

It's time to step up, or down.

His move to Spain hasn't been a step up, so I don't think we should take him on his way down, should we?

/ P
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 23, 2006 10:37 pm

In tonight Voetbal Insite talkshow on RTL5, Voetbal International chief-editor Johan Derksen had three interesting things to say.

1. Ajax will land Juanfran permanently
2. Ajax are interested in buying NAC's Julian Jenner

And...

3. Frank de Boer will return to Ajax next season as a youth coach!

According to Derksen De Boer will coach youth teams for Ajax next season, while he's doing the KNVB course for his Professional Coaching certificate.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jan 24, 2006 10:53 am

Kowalczyk schreef:In tonight Voetbal Insite talkshow on RTL5, Voetbal International chief-editor Johan Derksen had three interesting things to say.

1. Ajax will land Juanfran permanently
2. Ajax are interested in buying NAC's Julian Jenner

And...

3. Frank de Boer will return to Ajax next season as a youth coach!

According to Derksen De Boer will coach youth teams for Ajax next season, while he's doing the KNVB course for his Professional Coaching certificate.

K.
1. Good News
2. Even better news
3. If FdB is half a good a coach as he was a player it will be great for Ajax.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di jan 24, 2006 12:27 pm

Ole Tobiasen is, reluctantly, practising with Den Haag. He hasnt signed with them yet because he is holding out another couple of days for a possible interest from an unnamed German club. If that doesnt go through,We might see old Ole back in the Eresdivisie this spring.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 26, 2006 8:56 am

A memorable moment for an old friend of ours...

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/WorldC ... 88433.html

Congrats, Jari. It's good to hear you're well. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 26, 2006 6:21 pm

I also read in World Soccer mag that Malmo are keeping for pre season training in S Africa.Hope he enjoys one more year of playing and injury free.

Is he likely to return to Ajax and train as a coach???

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jan 27, 2006 4:28 am

I sure as hell hope so, the fans would have even more blind faith in him than our current coach.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 27, 2006 7:01 pm

I note that an 18 year old defender called Evander Sno has joined NAC from the Fword on loan. He is described as promising. I only mention this as this is the same lad who played for our youth team last season but we did not give him a contract but FWord did. Could this like young Tiendali of Uhtrect be a case of us letting youngsters go too soon !!! Especially when we need to rebuild our defence.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jan 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Just found this a while ago:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... jax+return

What do you think ????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Plaats reactie