New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

dws

Bericht door dws » ma jan 30, 2006 10:56 pm

Ayman schreef:Jakobg said:
Now we need an experienced hard working midfielder as well, and we'll be fine!
Thats why I say bring Landzaat! What do you guys think?
Denny is a fine player, but he tends to drift in and out of games. If we can sign him we should, but we need a real 90 minute fighter in our midfield and Denny is not that type of player.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jan 30, 2006 11:21 pm

the story of the cup of tea that Jaap had in the Arena was true......really happy of this you cant'imagine.
Leader and strong defender..true that in Man Utd he was at his best, but believe me, I see all the games in Italy and he is in good form..the only thing is that in the past 2 years he played really often right back.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2006 12:42 am

Good news on signing Stam, bad news that we get nothing for Maxwell.

RE Perez will he be playing as a no 10. I ask as Sneijder has evidently stated he is not happy !!! Great we get an average 30 something from AZ and possibly unsettle our best player!!!!

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 12:53 am

SPL schreef:Good news on signing Stam, bad news that we get nothing for Maxwell.

RE Perez will he be playing as a no 10. I ask as Sneijder has evidently stated he is not happy !!! Great we get an average 30 something from AZ and possibly unsettle our best player!!!!
Perez and average do not go together.

Perez will most probably play on the left wing.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 1:13 am

News report is now up on Ajax USA...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2005-2006/ ... -july.html

The Perez deal will be finalized tomorrow -- mark my words. Het Parool is already running it as news on their website. Matter of time.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 31, 2006 6:26 am

I don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to develop a certain amount of faith in whoever is selling and signing these players. I'm even beginning to feel that our board is... shudder... competent!?!?

They've inherited a terrible situation, with all these players in the final stages of their contracts. They tried to sign them (for the most part), and those that wouldn't sign have been sold for a small sum -- which is tremendous considering that most of them could leave for free in the summer. :xyxthumbs:

They signed Huntelaar, and we all wondered why they did that. Didn't they need to sign a defender, a winger, or a midfielder? :eusa_pray:

And now they go out and sign Stam, when everyone in these parts thought that was just a bullshit rumor. And if they sign Perez, they'll have a good winger. :xyxthumbs:

Suddenly they look to be buying personnel to build a team to play a 4-3-3. :xyxthumbs:

Perhaps they're giving Blind enough rope to hang himself, or to succeed.

I call this a good start. Need more of this, though. But a definite good start.

:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di jan 31, 2006 6:56 am

aveslacker schreef: Suddenly they look to be buying personnel to build a team to play a 4-3-3. :xyxthumbs:

Perhaps they're giving Blind enough rope to hang himself, or to succeed.

I call this a good start. Need more of this, though. But a definite good start.

I wrote in another post that is sad to see where our club is at the moment. However, aves you make a good point. The squad was (is) overflowing with mediocrity and has been for years. Cleaning out some of these players is a good (positive) first step, in what could be a long process of tweaking and fine tuning.

With Huntelaar, Stam, possibly Perez – that IS 3 class signings. Include our “realâ€

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 7:29 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Anyway, great signing I think and Jacobg is right, a leader who is just what we need right now (and although I suppose the whole team will speak English, speaking Dutch might help with keeping some of our youngsters in shape)
No matter what language youngsters speak. If they think they're Jesus and mouth off in training, Stam will kick 'em over the fence. Exactly what we need. A 'boss' on the pitch. Someone with natural authority, whom the youngsters will listen to and won't interrupt in the dressing room, captain's armband or not.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jan 31, 2006 8:03 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Anyway, great signing I think and Jacobg is right, a leader who is just what we need right now (and although I suppose the whole team will speak English, speaking Dutch might help with keeping some of our youngsters in shape)
No matter what language youngsters speak. If they think they're Jesus and mouth off in training, Stam will kick 'em over the fence. Exactly what we need. A 'boss' on the pitch. Someone with natural authority, whom the youngsters will listen to and won't interrupt in the dressing room, captain's armband or not.

K.
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant as well. It's been said that Yannis has been the sort of role model this season and last but thing is, he just looks too nice - more of a kindly Uncle than an authority figure. Anyway, Stam will do well I'm sure
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 31, 2006 12:09 pm

I read today we are having to pay 3m euros for Stam !!!!!!!, unbelievable for a player who celebratates his 34 birthday in July.Tell me that is ajoke ????
No one pays money for a 34 year old.

Maxwell has joined Inter for nothing.Why ???? On Saturday they were going to pay 1m euros!! What happened to that??

Real Madrid will pay 45m euros for Zlatan( I bet we have no agreement to receive any of this)

Point I am making this sadly is the worst run club financially in Europe.Our transfer policy is a joke.

We still cock up on Bosmans, let a world class defender and striker go to Italy both on the cheap and not getting the money for 5 years. And now the above .

Final point Why is Blind being allowed to make decisions on new players as he wont be in charge next season?? A bad defeat at Rotterdam and he wont be in charge next week!!!!

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di jan 31, 2006 1:34 pm

:headbang: :headbang:
Well, it finally looks as though we are "being told" that the building work is being done for the future.
We're going to win f**k all this year, but next year...watch out. Just a pity that we won't be in Europe next year, still...... look what's around the corner!!

Next Year......
34 will always be with us

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di jan 31, 2006 2:17 pm

Yes indeed! Next year we'll have:

Stekelenburg

Heitinga-Stam-Grygera-Emanuelson

Sneijder-Maduro-Lindenbergh

Rosales- Huntelaar -Mitea
Get a Cock

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di jan 31, 2006 2:25 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Yes indeed! Next year we'll have:

Stekelenburg

Christ, you're right Zoefdehaas. We are totaly fucked untill 2008 at least.

This is so depressing.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di jan 31, 2006 2:36 pm

Any confirmation of the Perez purchase?

I still think he will be a dissapointment for Ajax, but only time can tell.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 31, 2006 3:07 pm

afckeeper95 schreef:Any confirmation of the Perez purchase?
Nope. All quiet on the front so far...

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di jan 31, 2006 3:20 pm

Stekelenburg

I don't see this as a semi final Champions League team either, which is the quality I think Ajax should have.
- Stekelenburg, obviously not good enough. Doubt he'll ever be top notch.
- Heitinga, I hope we'll have a back-up plan here.
- We need another quality midfielder.
- I still don't have too much confidence in Mitea and Rosales. I've seen to little of Rosales to really judge, and Mitea is fast, but needs to take another step or two in his developent.

Maybe Perez could be a winger solution, can't really judge that either, but we need a couple of more quality players to be a real threat to the biggest teams in Europe.

And of course a coach who knows how to handle Ajax.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jan 31, 2006 3:59 pm

My computer has been fucked up for a couple of days so i have been the last one to know about the Stam deal.... but man that is a good signing finally some one who can actually intimidate and impose himself over the opositions striker. Good move plus we stick our tonge out to PSV.

I have not seen a lot of Perez but i know he has had some very good seasons with AZ and being able to play left wing is good since we lack quality in the position.

Defense : Stam Grygera
Midfield: Sneijder Maduro
Atack: Rosenberg Huntelaar

That is a prety good nucleus to build around, now if we could only survive this seasons and get into the champions league.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 4:23 pm

jakobg schreef:

Stekelenburg

I don't see this as a semi final Champions League team either, which is the quality I think Ajax should have.
- Stekelenburg, obviously not good enough. Doubt he'll ever be top notch.
- Heitinga, I hope we'll have a back-up plan here.
- We need another quality midfielder.
- I still don't have too much confidence in Mitea and Rosales. I've seen to little of Rosales to really judge, and Mitea is fast, but needs to take another step or two in his developent.

Maybe Perez could be a winger solution, can't really judge that either, but we need a couple of more quality players to be a real threat to the biggest teams in Europe.

And of course a coach who knows how to handle Ajax.
I would be seriously worried at the prospect of a midfield comprising Lindenbergh, Maduro and Sneijder. There is too much of a muchness about these players ...... strong attackers , but very lightweight in defence. Ajax need a midfielder(s) who will clean up all the shit and debris that occurs.

Jakobq, in my opinion, is correct about Mitea. Mitea is quick and can beat his opponent with ease. Sometimes his linkup play is very good , but all too often he lets himself down with innacurate crossing and his propensity to look at the ball and not often enough at what is going on around him.
We have to take into account that he is still a young player and has had recent injury problems. However, I hope he dose not end up being another Tijani Babangida.

Heitinga? .... mmmmm ... I like the guy, but on the form he has displayed ,this season and last, he isn't good enough.

Steek? All too often injured and a bit of a liability on crosses.

Happy with the signings of Huntelaar and Stam. Hope the Perez deal is concluded .... we need him!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di jan 31, 2006 4:45 pm

So did we really pay for Stam? I dont think we did and I think we got money for Maxwell. Right?
May the Force be with you

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di jan 31, 2006 5:01 pm

souras84 schreef:So did we really pay for Stam? I dont think we did and I think we got money for Maxwell. Right?
I have a feeling it's the other way around, mate.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Rumours are we payed 3 mln for Stam. Maxwell obviously left for nothing.

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » di jan 31, 2006 5:33 pm

nothing for maxwell ,cause is an acord with him ,when finish his contract ,i think is that...

we need a rightback yet...What about Kromkamp ???

and about the Jenner ,how is the negociations ??? Perez should play in Left and Jenner or Rosales in the Right...

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Van der Vaart schreef:nothing for maxwell ,cause is an acord with him ,when finish his contract ,i think is that...

we need a rightback yet...What about Kromkamp ???

and about the Jenner ,how is the negociations ??? Perez should play in Left and Jenner or Rosales in the Right...
I think Kromkamp is contracted to Liverpool .

As for Jenner :confused:

Anyone heard anything new on Jenner?
Laatst gewijzigd door dws op di jan 31, 2006 5:40 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » di jan 31, 2006 5:39 pm

Louis van Gaal: 'Perez is een Ajax-speler'

Do I have to translate ??? :cheer: :bis: :eusa_dance:

Lets go win the next eredivisie

john_stein

Bericht door john_stein » di jan 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Its official, we have Perez. Chech out www.ajax.nl

Gesloten