Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » wo feb 01, 2006 10:55 am

[quote="Kowalczyk"][quote="Kowalczyk"]Okay, folks. Allow me to ask you for a favour... :D

As you may or may not know I published my début novel this year. It's called [i]Vak 127[/i] and it's about Ajax, being a supporter, friendship and growing up. My book is on the longlist for the annual Nico Scheepmaker Trophy, a prize for the best Dutch sports book of the year. There will be two votes: a 'professional' vote (by a jury of sports journalists) and a 'popular' vote on the internet. [/quote]

Just wanted to let you know that... [i][b]I WON IT!!![/b][/i] :eusa_dance: :bis: :cheer: :party:

I was completely and utterly taken by surprise. I was invited for the party at the start of the whole thing (when the voting started) and I never heard anything since. I wasn't informed that I won or something, so I did not expect it at all. When my name came out of the envelope I was flabbergasted.

Anyway: I received the trophy and flowers and stuff, and was interviewed on stage by the master of ceremonies. No idea where it came from, but my first reaction was: "So, one Ajacied will win a trophy this year after all..."

Anyway: thank you all very much for voting. This is great.

[b]K.[/b][/quote]

Cool, didn't know you were famous in Holland! Congrats are in order I guess :)
Try me, I'll make you famous.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo feb 01, 2006 11:51 am

Undertaker, you should practice your quotes, it looks like you screw uo every time :blush: ;)
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo feb 01, 2006 12:16 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:...Anyway: I received the trophy and flowers and stuff, and was interviewed on stage by the master of ceremonies. No idea where it came from, but my first reaction was: "So, one Ajacied will win a trophy this year after all..."

K.
Nice work Ko on both the award AND the comment. Classic.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 01, 2006 12:20 pm

Well done Ko. Hope you can now do a deal to get it published in english!!

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo feb 01, 2006 1:49 pm

The cover for the english version:

Afbeelding
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo feb 01, 2006 2:13 pm

thought that cover was for the Irish person.

Anyway Ko congratulations and enjoy the success. :eusa_dance:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do feb 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Okay, folks. Allow me to ask you for a favour... :D

As you may or may not know I published my début novel this year. It's called Vak 127 and it's about Ajax, being a supporter, friendship and growing up. My book is on the longlist for the annual Nico Scheepmaker Trophy, a prize for the best Dutch sports book of the year. There will be two votes: a 'professional' vote (by a jury of sports journalists) and a 'popular' vote on the internet.
Just wanted to let you know that... I WON IT!!! :eusa_dance: :bis: :cheer: :party:

I was completely and utterly taken by surprise. I was invited for the party at the start of the whole thing (when the voting started) and I never heard anything since. I wasn't informed that I won or something, so I did not expect it at all. When my name came out of the envelope I was flabbergasted.

Anyway: I received the trophy and flowers and stuff, and was interviewed on stage by the master of ceremonies. No idea where it came from, but my first reaction was: "So, one Ajacied will win a trophy this year after all..."

K.
I voted twice.

Recall the prize, the winner is a bogus :D .

Seriously, that awesome man. Congrats.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do feb 02, 2006 11:48 pm

CONGRATULATIONS KO!!! :xyxthumbs: Beers on me when I drop in for the RBC and Inter matches in roughly a fortnight.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

muffin_

Bericht door muffin_ » vr feb 03, 2006 11:06 am

Congragulations from me as well :xyxthumbs: Has there been ant talk about publishing it in English? :)

By the way, could any of you guys recommend me a book or two about Ajax and its supporters? I am especially interested in the Golden Era and of course, Johan Cruyff. Any suggestions about that?

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 03, 2006 4:24 pm

quite funny report (from The Guardian) :
"Milan have a player capable of turning a match at any time, of creating a goal out of nothing. Unfortunately for them, it's their goalkeeper. Nelson Dida is the man whose antics against Parma and Inter had already earned him the title of Brazil's answer to David James. And the man who, despite sharing names with two people who swore they never would, continually raises a white flag.
He produced another vintage effort on Saturday night at home to Sampdoria, ending once and for all Milan's faint hopes of catching Juventus. Here's how the latest bungle went: Milan, who'd won all 10 home matches this season, had taken the lead early against Samp when Sergio Volpi bundled into Pippo Inzaghi. Needless to say, Inzaghi fell over and Andriy Shevchenko converted the resulting penalty. The equaliser wasn't long coming though, thanks to Dida. A half hour in, the giant Brazilian stood transfixed as the unattended Andrea Gasbarroni fired a speculative long-range shot at the Milan goal, which bounced off Dida's motionless torso and into the net.(...)"
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 03, 2006 4:29 pm

muffin_ schreef:Congragulations from me as well :xyxthumbs: Has there been any talk about publishing it in English? :)
There will be, for sure... That's all I can say for now.
By the way, could any of you guys recommend me a book or two about Ajax and its supporters? I am especially interested in the Golden Era and of course, Johan Cruyff. Any suggestions about that?
Well, assuming that you don't read Dutch your choice is very limited... Check out our recommended Ajax bibliography in English. It's not much, but I'm afraid it's complete...

http://www.ajax-usa.com/books/english-l ... raphy.html

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr feb 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
muffin_ schreef:Congragulations from me as well :xyxthumbs: Has there been any talk about publishing it in English? :)
There will be, for sure... That's all I can say for now.
Well, I didn't vote for you, and you know why, but your book translated to English would definitely be something I'd welcome with ENTHUSIASM :xyxthumbs:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 03, 2006 10:47 pm

Me too!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za feb 04, 2006 9:37 am

carcajou schreef:
Well, I didn't vote for you, and you know why, but your book translated to English would definitely be something I'd welcome with ENTHUSIASM :xyxthumbs:
You have an extremely...uhm...interesting signature carcajou! May I ask where the hell it comes from? :D
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za feb 04, 2006 10:58 am

jakobg schreef:
carcajou schreef:
You have an extremely...uhm...interesting signature carcajou! May I ask where the hell it comes from? :D
I just started a Swedish language course and I don't think I have covered this one yet...but does this say something about your scrotum, 500 elebphants and a pineapple up a backside?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » za feb 04, 2006 3:08 pm

This is so strange. I'm originally from Bombay, India & the native language in Bombay is Marathi.

The word for pineapple in marathi is the same as that in swedish - ananas!!!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za feb 04, 2006 4:08 pm

I'll give you a translation:

May your balls be run over by five hundred siamese gay elephants, while you get a pinapple long up your ***

As I said, interesting sig. ;)

EDIT: Just saw the other thread in the match section. Well, I guess it derservs to be discussed in several threads. :xyxthumbs:

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm

jakobg schreef:I'll give you a translation:

May your balls be run over by five hundred siamese gay elephants, while you get a pinapple long up your ***

As I said, interesting sig. ;)

EDIT: Just saw the other thread in the match section. Well, I guess it derservs to be discussed in several threads. :xyxthumbs:
Yes, it's a sad world where gay siamese elephants aren't given enough attention.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di feb 07, 2006 9:43 pm

Walk the line get's :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs: up.

My god.

I get the love spell Ko was on the other week.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di feb 14, 2006 5:16 pm

From the Klaas-Jan Huntelaar thread:
jakobg schreef:How about the Limecat's hot friend? He's not happy either, as you can see.

Afbeelding
carcajou schreef:DON'T GET ME STARTED MAN, DON'T GET ME STARTED !!!

Afbeelding
EDIT : jakobg.... YOU WANTED MORE OFF-TOPIC? I CAN DELIVER !!!
That top picture is awesome. He looks like he's had way too much to drink and needs to find a place to crash. :worshippy:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di feb 14, 2006 7:08 pm

aveslacker schreef:From the Klaas-Jan Huntelaar thread:
That top picture is awesome. He looks like he's had way too much to drink and needs to find a place to crash. :worshippy:
While the second one has granny-boobs... :headbang:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo feb 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Ajax supporters will be banned from Den Haag for five years. It's a serious issue, they even talk about it in French newspapers....

I, for one, would like to thank these assholes for acting like apes.

I hope they're happy now.

PS : I hope they ***.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do feb 16, 2006 5:52 pm

Well that wont be much of a problem if the fucking bastards go down to the second division. Seriously speaking i think this would be the best for both parties, some peace for a couple of years would be very welcome.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr feb 17, 2006 7:42 pm

BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za feb 18, 2006 3:55 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:This one is for our aussie friends
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/pub ... enuItemID=
Cheers VA...Dont mind these one bit. The away top looks pretty sweet. Not 100% converted on the Dutch ones yet though.

Plaats reactie