New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 05, 2006 3:13 am

Milan weren't willing Stam to go, and he also wanted to end the year on a high note with the club.
Get a Cock

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo feb 05, 2006 2:47 pm

I think it was more to do with the fact that Milan are still in the champions league and did not have a quality defender ready to replace him. Maybe Ajax could learn from this.
ajax definitely could learn from this. lobont, escude and de jong could come in very handy in the san siro

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 07, 2006 8:38 am

AZ have purchased an Icelandic midfielder named Joey Gudjónsson. After which Louis van Gaal announced that AZ are now open for talks about Denny Landzaat. Last season they made it quite clear that they weren't. It is generally believed that Martin van Geel is already talking to Landzaat.

Are we still interested in this chap? I am! :yes:

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » di feb 07, 2006 8:53 am

Kowalczyk schreef:AZ have purchased an Icelandic midfielder named Joey Gudjónsson.
I have a feeling AZ will turn in Joey Gudjonsson to another successful player, bigger clubs will be interested in in a while. Wasn't some Premier League teams after him already?

Anyway, it's a good thing if we could bring in Landzaat.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di feb 07, 2006 12:35 pm

bryan schreef: ajax definitely could learn from this. lobont, escude and de jong could come in very handy in the san siro

lobont? i think he's proven that he can't handle CL football
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di feb 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Or international in that sense.

Wilhelmsson may be better than Jenner, but is older, proll more expensive, and more ambitious. At a current-crisis club like Ajax, I think he'll think twice. Jenner on the other hand, is younger, huge potential, and Ajax is still #1 in many young Dutch footballer's mind
Get a Cock

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di feb 07, 2006 4:08 pm

oH, how old is Landzaat? Dont answer me, is he another temp solution?
May the Force be with you

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di feb 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Landzaat is 30 years old before 1.6.06 and after 31.12.05, so if we make it to the play off, he would be useful in midfield. Personally I think he is one of the missing jigsaw pieces for Ajax, there other two are a right winger and a right back. But he is the biggest one of them all no doubt.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di feb 07, 2006 6:39 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
bryan schreef: ajax definitely could learn from this. lobont, escude and de jong could come in very handy in the san siro

lobont? i think he's proven that he can't handle CL football
yeah, because he was our goalkeeper when we got to the quarter finals in 2003

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 08, 2006 11:13 pm

Ayman schreef:Landzaat is 30 years old before 1.6.06 and after 31.12.05, so if we make it to the play off, he would be useful in midfield. Personally I think he is one of the missing jigsaw pieces for Ajax, there other two are a right winger and a right back. But he is the biggest one of them all no doubt.
Hit it right on the nail we are very short on quality midfielders at the moments, i hope we sign him as soon as posible. :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr feb 10, 2006 10:29 am

Landzaat is good midfielder, but one thing makes me wonder- before the season Shota Arveladze was too old to be Ajacied, and now we'll buy Jaap Stam (32 or 33-year-old player), Kenneth Perez (also over 30)... Landzaat - if we'll buy him - will also be 30.

I know that we need experienced player and I am happy because of these transfers, but one thing is not very good- they are old and will play +/- 2 or 3 years on a good level. So we spent a lot of cash for 1 or 2-season player?

BTW- I don't know if Jaap Stam can be a leader of Ajax. I hope he will, but I'm not really sure that he has such influence for the rest of players like Roy Keane in Manchester (and now in Celtic) or Lampard in Chelsea...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 10, 2006 7:40 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef: BTW- I don't know if Jaap Stam can be a leader of Ajax. I hope he will, but I'm not really sure that he has such influence for the rest of players like Roy Keane in Manchester (and now in Celtic) or Lampard in Chelsea...
True, but anything would be better than what we have now. You're talking about a select few. Stam will be a leader, even if he doesn't take the armband.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr feb 10, 2006 7:42 pm

If you ask me, Stam deserves the armband, not Sneijder. I think Stam will insert discipline to this young team.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 10, 2006 8:03 pm

Ayman schreef:If you ask me, Stam deserves the armband, not Sneijder. I think Stam will insert discipline to this young team.
I don't know if Stam has ever been captain before -- the possibility exists that he may not be a good captain.

However, I think you're right - he could be just the kind of captain that Ajax needs.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr feb 10, 2006 9:03 pm

Ayman schreef:If you ask me, Stam deserves the armband, not Sneijder. I think Stam will insert discipline to this young team.
He needs to earn it first.

I don't give a f&ck what he's done before, you don't make captain until you've earned it.

I might be totally off here...but what about......damn. Do we not have a single fighting character in this team? I can't find one at least. Where's the spirit, the bolloks, the effin lawn mower?
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za feb 11, 2006 5:57 am

The only captain I see is Grygera. We dont necessarily need new players, we need a new winning tonic.
Get a Cock

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 11, 2006 6:11 am

That's bull. This Ajax squad lacks quality in about 7 or 8 of the 11 positions. We need as many new quality signings as we can find.

PSV, AZ and maybe even Feyenoord are stronger on most positions than our pride and joy.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za feb 11, 2006 9:59 am

As far as I know, we need at least 4 more players for next season's squad.
here's my list:

a RB: Dwight Tiendalli is possible?
a RM: Denny Landzaat is for sure a candidate
a GK: Oscar Moens?

and then, the type of player we don'thave at all.. and I don't even know if the board is thinking on this problem..

a defending miedfielder, strong, physical, great runner a ball hunter, "bad" on the pitch.
A player a là Davids, a là Diarra..maybe it's enough a là Galasek with ten years less...any ideas?
O tempora o mores

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za feb 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Orange Goblin said:

[/quote]RB: Dwight Tiendalli is possible? [/quote]

I believe that this guy has a 'gentlemans agreement' with Feyenoord
I agree with you about Landzaat as a regular midfielder and Moens as reserve keeper.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za feb 11, 2006 4:05 pm

orange goblin schreef:As far as I know, we need at least 4 more players for next season's squad.
here's my list:

a RB: Dwight Tiendalli is possible?
a RM: Denny Landzaat is for sure a candidate
a GK: Oscar Moens?

and then, the type of player we don'thave at all.. and I don't even know if the board is thinking on this problem..

a defending miedfielder, strong, physical, great runner a ball hunter, "bad" on the pitch.
A player a là Davids, a là Diarra..maybe it's enough a là Galasek with ten years less...any ideas?
Here are two (unlikely) suggestions: Thomas Graversen or Christian Poulsen. Buy yea, we need that type of player

SwedishFan

Bericht door SwedishFan » za feb 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Tobias Linderoth, FC Copenhagen?

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 11, 2006 4:36 pm

Tiendalli is no more than a mediocre player.

Landzaat would be useful, but he's not a must.

Ajax should pick up either Moens or Gentenaar on a free transfer.

If Ajax are going to play 4-3-3 next season then we need a rightback, a rightsided midfielder and a rightwinger.

A defensively strong midfielder, a goalkeeper, a leftback and another central defender would also be on my list.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » za feb 11, 2006 4:43 pm

SwedishFan schreef:Tobias Linderoth, FC Copenhagen?
Yes! he is definately a great player that would fit the mentioned requirements. He is also an above average passer and a leader on the field.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za feb 11, 2006 7:20 pm

If Ajax are going to play 4-3-3 next season then we need a rightback
A bit of bias from me as usual, but I think Stephen Kelly of Spurs is an excellent right back. Young, lungs like a horse and likes to get forward to attack.

He was excellent last year for Spurs, but for some reason Martin Jol signed Staltieri for this season and stuck Kelly on the bench, who had done nothing wrong. He's looking to get away and his contract is expiring soon (can't remember if it's this season or next) so he could be cheap.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » za feb 11, 2006 8:48 pm

To be honest, I don't really know Kelly and I'm hoping Ajax will stop playing with wingbacks, as they're a liability at the back.

But hey, if you think Stephen Kelly would be a good signing, be my guest to send Van Geel an e-mail. ;)

Gesloten