Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 5:07 pm

So, he didn't score today (for a change), but I thought he had a really good second half. He hardly ever lost the ball, had a few good shooting attempts when he cut to the middle and one major chance was stolen from him by the linesman (bad offside call).

I am deeply impressed by the way Markus battled and turned his first season into a good one after all. He's scored a hatful of goals in recent weeks and there's a whole different aura around him now. He's got confidence and you can tell that from his body language when he's on the ball.

The fans seem to have embraced him, too. The fact that he comes across as a very friendly guy in interviews has definitely helped. Keep it, Markus. Excellent, mate.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 12, 2006 5:13 pm

The question remains this: where will he play next season?

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » zo feb 12, 2006 5:16 pm

yeah totally agree. Today he showed that he can be useful not only inside the area but also by helping out his other team mates when they are in need. He did a great job recovering the ball, fighting for every opportunity and when he made an attempt to score he was always very dangerous.
Still I think that the best of Markus will not be seen in the left side, I would love to see him and Huntelaar play side by side in front like a 4-4-2 but well that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. Good game today :yes:

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Huntelaar functions best in a 4-3-3 system.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 12, 2006 5:26 pm

Whatever happens he seems on for games next season as well. Either as backup on the no 9 to Hunt (who will surely miss a few games at least during a season).

Otherwise he'll be on for the left wing, which he seems ok for.

He'll also be a good alternative for when they'll play 4-4-2. WHich every Ajax coach seem to revert to at some point of time during a season.

Anyhow, if he's content with those three alternatives, which will give him fair time on the pitch. He'll stay. I don't think teams are battling each other to get him just yet. He needs to prove himself a bit longer for that.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 12, 2006 5:31 pm

Perez will be on the left wing next season and Huntelaar will be the starting striker. Neither one of those players pick up many injuries.

I don't see Rosenberg being content with a spot on the bench.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » zo feb 12, 2006 5:33 pm

Who promised Perez first pick before even making a training session with Ajax? As I said, either left wing, striker in 4-3-3 or striker in 4-4-2 should bag him a decent amount of games.

But we'll see.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 12, 2006 6:09 pm

It is sooo old-fashioned to talk about starters and bench-sitters...

Back in the 1970s Ajax had a starting line-up and five reserve players. They were even listed like that in the official season guide, at the time.

But this is modern football. 50 games a season or more, not even counting the qualifiers with national teams. Every club needs two or three top drawer strikers and they will all see action in 25 games or more. Even in minutes the differences won't be that big.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 12, 2006 9:56 pm

I know that, Ko. I'm just saying that I could see Markus cause some trouble if he becomes second fiddle to Perez and/or Huntelaar.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 13, 2006 10:18 am

Why should Rosenberg be second fiddle - the guy is playing well and scoring virtually every week. His would be the first name on my teamsheet.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 13, 2006 11:43 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Why should Rosenberg be second fiddle - the guy is playing well and scoring virtually every week. His would be the first name on my teamsheet.
Good point. On current form, Markus should be first name on the sheet, then Urby and maybe Klaas, then pick the rest of of a hat.

If we really, really had to play Perez on the left, and for some reason pick Klaas before Markus, then at least throw him on the right (its not like we cant swap our current right winger for our current left one), but in his current form, I would not leave him on the bench.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 13, 2006 7:30 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Why should Rosenberg be second fiddle - the guy is playing well and scoring virtually every week. His would be the first name on my teamsheet.
Because I'm about 99% sure that any coach will prefer to play Perez on the left and Huntelaar in the middle.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » ma feb 13, 2006 8:58 pm

DanK schreef:
Good point. On current form, Markus should be first name on the sheet, then Urby and maybe Klaas, then pick the rest of of a hat.

If we really, really had to play Perez on the left, and for some reason pick Klaas before Markus, then at least throw him on the right (its not like we cant swap our current right winger for our current left one), but in his current form, I would not leave him on the bench.
I agree, if Perez will play on the left, Rosenberg can play on the right, he is a very two footed player, but Perez will have to fight for a place in the starting line up, playing in Ajax is quite a different thing. Rosenberg is to good to be on the bench and he knows that. And I can promise you that Rosenberg will leave if he is left aside. Some experts in Sweden is talking about him as a potential player in the staring lineup in the world cup this summer if Zlatan or Henke Larsson is out of shape. When Larsson retires after the world cup, Rosenberg will probably get hold of a position beside Zlatan, but not if he is on the bench.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » ma feb 13, 2006 9:14 pm

Isn't Mitea still on the squad? He's injured now, but if so, wouldn't he compete heavily with Perez or Rosenberg for the left wing role next season? People seem to be giving that spot to Perez and saying Markus could fill in there too, but why isn't anyone mentioning Mitea? I think he has just as good a chance as the others.

And while I'm asking a lot of questions... where has phillipe been during the last couple months with his Rosenberg love affair messages?
;)

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 13, 2006 11:51 pm

kaiser schreef:
DanK schreef:

I agree, if Perez will play on the left, Rosenberg can play on the right, he is a very two footed player, but Perez will have to fight for a place in the starting line up, playing in Ajax is quite a different thing. Rosenberg is to good to be on the bench and he knows that. And I can promise you that Rosenberg will leave if he is left aside. Some experts in Sweden is talking about him as a potential player in the staring lineup in the world cup this summer if Zlatan or Henke Larsson is out of shape. When Larsson retires after the world cup, Rosenberg will probably get hold of a position beside Zlatan, but not if he is on the bench.
That's why I think he'll leave. If not this summer then the next. I really don't see him edging out Perez or Huntelaar for a spot in the starting line-up.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di feb 14, 2006 2:01 pm

It seems to me that Rosenberg has significantly improved. Maybe he can develop in some kind of shadow striker behind Huntelaar upfront. Mitea should of course become our left winger when he gets back from injury. Then we can have a pretty good striking power after all.
Appie, stay strong !

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di feb 14, 2006 2:05 pm

Thomas schreef:That's why I think he'll leave. If not this summer then the next. I really don't see him edging out Perez or Huntelaar for a spot in the starting line-up.
That would be insane. Markus is twice the striker that Huntelaar could ever be.

When Ajax start forcing out excellent foreign players to make room for Dutch mediocrities like Huntelaar, then they really are fucked.

dws

Bericht door dws » di feb 14, 2006 2:18 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:
Thomas schreef:That's why I think he'll leave. If not this summer then the next. I really don't see him edging out Perez or Huntelaar for a spot in the starting line-up.

When Ajax start forcing out excellent foreign players to make room for Dutch mediocrities like Huntelaar, then they really are fucked.
Purple Cow, I think your remarks could be called insane.

Huntelaar, a mediocre player? I don't think so.

Ajax will need Huntelaar and Rosenberg. :xyxthumbs:

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:

I see you haven't caught much of a glimpse of Huntelaar the past two seasons. He's scored more goals than Rosenberg so far in his career. 26 Goals in one season for AGOVV and 34 in a season and a half with Heerenveen. Many of those goals were quite spectacular. He's still far more of an ideal striker for Ajax than Rosenberg. I'm not convinced Rosenberg is a crappy player anymore but I am still convinced that he will never fit well into a 4-3-3 system. Or have we all forgotten that he played like crap in every match he started as the central striker in that system?

Mark my words. Huntelaar is going to be an extremely good player for Ajax.
Everyone here would have spoken differently about Huntelaar if the linesmen hadn't screwed him out of at least two goals in the game against ADO. With those two goals he would've been on top of the scoringchart with Arveladze.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo feb 15, 2006 5:50 am

This one is cooking mates... first of nobody reserved Perez a starting job for next season, second Perez and Rosenberg are very polifacetic wasnt there an article on the AJAx-USA home page that stated that Perez could play as ¨number ten¨ in place of Sneijder ??? What i am trying to say is that both Rosenberg and Perez can play in a lot of positions so i would not be worried about playing time for either of them, as long as their are in good form they will play. No i just want too ad some fire too the wood here, im just going to say one word BABEL........

What to do What to do :confused:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo feb 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Loan him out, he's young cant expect much, not like he's super good like Messi or Robinho etc.

Nice kid but shouldnt have an attitude
Get a Cock

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo feb 15, 2006 1:26 pm

Loan him out, he's young cant expect much, not like he's super good like Messi or Robinho etc.

Get a Cock

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 15, 2006 4:13 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Loan him out, he's young cant expect much, not like he's super good like Messi or Robinho etc.

No, Sell Babel now when you still can get some money for him. There must be better players in the youth team already! We do not need him when Perez comes and we will probably not need him in the future.

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » wo feb 15, 2006 4:18 pm

philippe schreef:It seems to me that Rosenberg has significantly improved. Maybe he can develop in some kind of shadow striker behind Huntelaar upfront. Mitea should of course become our left winger when he gets back from injury. Then we can have a pretty good striking power after all.
Good to here that you have seen an improvement as well, even though he is not your favourite! :xyxthumbs:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo feb 15, 2006 7:27 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Loan him out, he's young cant expect much, not like he's super good like Messi or Robinho etc.

I heard this about the attitude a couple of times now.

We all say we want someone who can lead and tell players off on the field. Then why can't Markus do that? Is that characteristic reserved for defensive midfielders with shaved heads?

Gesloten