Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » zo mar 19, 2006 11:44 am

My heart and mind still says Van Gaal... .

Blind has shown over the time he's been in charge that he's still too "green" to actually take Ajax back to the top. Though it be a real waste to let him leave Ajax completely. Back to Jong Ajax or Ajax A1?
AJACIED

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo mar 19, 2006 12:18 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Jeroen Slop (financial director) was on the phone to AT5 TV today, and he said the whole Co thing is absolute nonsense.

K.
That's a shame.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma mar 20, 2006 10:04 am

I can see no reason at all to fire Blind right at the moment when his work starts producing results (providing there are less than 10 missing players). Let's wait and see how things go for the Cup, and the playoffs. I feel optimistic about those since our best players should be back for the crucial games.
Appie, stay strong !

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » zo apr 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Some pretty persistant rumors are starting to emerge in larger Danish media outlets linking Michael Laudrup to Ajax after this season. Laudrup's contract with Brøndby expires this summer and he has not signed an extension yet. Apparently there is "some" rumour out there that makes this a stronger link than pure speculation, but I havent been able to find anything yet - let alone in English. More news as this story develops (or doesnt).

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma apr 03, 2006 1:47 am

afckeeper95 schreef:Some pretty persistant rumors are starting to emerge in larger Danish media outlets linking Michael Laudrup to Ajax after this season. Laudrup's contract with Brøndby expires this summer and he has not signed an extension yet. Apparently there is "some" rumour out there that makes this a stronger link than pure speculation, but I havent been able to find anything yet - let alone in English. More news as this story develops (or doesnt).
After today I wouldn't be surprised. I posted this under the Roda-Ajax Post:
================================================
The interview with Danny Blind after the game looked like a man stuggling to hang onto his job.

Blaming ref decisions for dropped points against Fword, PSV, Roda, ADO etc. Stop your bloody whinging! Maybe if we count the mistakes he has made with the squad this year it would add up to more points dropped than from referees decisions!!!

For a coach to say this is a poor reflection of his capacity to be a head coach of our club.
=================================================
For me it was like watching someone beg for their job. Please sir its not my fault, you see the referee didn't like me.

While I can see his point to some degree. As a head coach you need to portray confidence and for me more importantly, be humble in defeat. Come out and say "We may have been unlucky on a few occasions, but they were the better team".

Part of me wanted to see what Danny could do next year with an improved squad, but after today I am not so sure.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma apr 03, 2006 11:43 am

I say joint coaches, like we had before Blind.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 03, 2006 5:52 pm

Enough is enough.

Eternal respect for Danny Blind 'The Player'. Danny Blind 'The Coach' has made too many mistakes and is not the man we want.

He must go.

Time to get either Henk ten Cate or Michael Laudrup.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma apr 03, 2006 5:54 pm

Shouldn't Ko be at the AT5 studios?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Steef schreef:Shouldn't Ko be at the AT5 studios?
Good thinking!

On friday the guests (Aad and Tessa de Mos) let us know that they couldn't be there at 19:00. That's why we made an exception and recorded it in the afternoon. The show you'll see in three minutes' time is not live this time (but un-edited nonetheless).

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma apr 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Ko's rocking a very Elvis-ish haircut. :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 03, 2006 7:02 pm

Steef schreef:Ko's rocking a very Elvis-ish haircut. :headbang:
It's crap... :D

Had my hair cut only a few days ago. I hate it when it's just been done. It'll be a lot better next time I'm there, in a couple of weeks. Promise! :yes:

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma apr 03, 2006 9:07 pm

It must be great to have Aad de Mos as your dad when you decide to become a football agent, huh.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma apr 03, 2006 9:13 pm

Danny "the player" Blind is cool.

Danny "director of transfers" Blind and Danny "the manager" Blind suck though. I don't know if I want him coaching the youth teams either, to be honest.

I say we put a team of apes in charge for the rest of the season.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di apr 04, 2006 2:20 am

If he (Blind) is Ajax through and through he should step down. He's had 12 months to rebuild and apart from 1 or 2 games, he has shown nothing to make me think he has done this.

I am not one to think a coach should always be sacked after bad results, however it gets to a point when something must be done. Unfortunetly its easier to sack the coach rather than 20 "footballers".

Even our "good" games this year, we were lucky. 6-0 against RBC could have been 6-6.

How would it be if this time next year we are in the same position with Blind at the helm??? The club must make a stand. This isn't good enough. We are a f*^king laughing stock. Enoughs enough.

As I mentioned above, once Blind started to blame the refs for our position this year he over stepped the mark. He should take some bloody responsibility. He's lost the plot. He should go.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di apr 04, 2006 3:14 am

We can all say whatever we want guy's but it's plain simple in the end, if we make the playoff Blind stay`s till the start of next season if we fail to make it then he's gone...... simple.

No team in a reasonable state off mind will sack a coach with only some 3-5 games left.If Blind is going to go then he will go after he finishes fucking up the season. Whats done is done let him finish up his own mess then kick him out.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 04, 2006 6:48 am

DanK schreef:I am not one to think a coach should always be sacked after bad results, however it gets to a point when something must be done. Unfortunetly its easier to sack the coach rather than 20 "footballers".
This unfairness is part of the deal when you accept a job that includes final responsibility.

That's how it goes with directors in big companies, too: if the results at the end of the year are terrible, a director doesn't necessarily have to be guilty of it (as in: everything being his personal mistake). But he is ultimately responsible. Part of his job.

The good thing is: positions that include final responsibility are normally very well paid. Why? Because those people might get axed because of the mistakes/lack of talent/laziness/stupidity of their employees.

K.
Still alive...

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » di apr 04, 2006 9:57 am

For those who want Blind out:

Would you want him sacked if all suitable replacements were unavailable?
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 04, 2006 11:21 am

Who do you all want to replace him ?? Easy to sack a guy but who is there to replace him!!

I do not think he is up to the job and has not rebuilt the team but is seeing it dismantle.

One other point would a new coach want Perez and Krohn-Dehli in the squad?
Nobody would have a problem with Stam but it does seem odd that the other 2 have already been signed up by Blind .

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » di apr 04, 2006 12:01 pm

They have been signed up by Van Geel. I have the impression that Blind didn't have much to do with those transfers. (In the cases of Stam and Perez that doesn't really matter since they are excellent players that any Ajax coach would love to have on their team).
In fact Blind hadn't even spoken to Stam yet when he signed.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 04, 2006 12:05 pm

1. Henk ten Cate

2. Morten Olsen/Michael Laudrup

Martin Jol would be cool, but he's definitely not going to leave Spurs. He's on his way to becoming an absolute hero over there.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di apr 04, 2006 12:46 pm

You never know, the "stardom" of Ajax still lives in many Dutch veterans.

I'd say Laudrup, enough with Dutch coaches.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Too early to discuss that I would say : there is still a possibility that we win the cup and qualify for the CL. In that case I think we should keep Blind.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 04, 2006 1:12 pm

philippe schreef:Too early to discuss that I would say : there is still a possibility that we win the cup and qualify for the CL. In that case I think we should keep Blind.
I don't. It's been too bad. Whatever happens in the cup final and the play-offs (not much, is what I expect, by the way) this season was the worst since 1964-1965. Only two wins against teams from the top half of the table. Come on! An all's well that ends well scenario is already impossible.

K.
Still alive...

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » di apr 04, 2006 1:17 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:1. Henk ten Cate

2. Morten Olsen/Michael Laudrup

K.
of those two choices I would prefer # 1 because
afckeeper95 schreef:Morten Olsen signed an extension to his contract in November last year. This was despite the fact that we did not qualify for the WC with him. He extended his contract to 2010 despite having several club offers on the table (e.g. Shalke 04). Included in his new contract are executive powers to direct the talent development strategy of all the U-teams in Denmark. That means he also gets to direct the day-to-day running of the talent development that he reportedly missed from the club world. He has in other words a 4½ contract made on his terms with the best of both national and club coaching. I think we can forget about Morten Olsen coming to Ajax in the next couple of years.

Michael Laudrup would certainly be interesting. I think everyone that saw Ajax play Brøndby last year can see that he likes to play the same style of possesion-based, technically good attack football that is often thought of as the "Ajax-style". He is however not a "strong man". Not yet at least. He has assistant coach John Jensen (ex-Arsenal) for that. And Ajax needs that right now in my opinion. He enjoys immense popularity and respect in Brøndby. But that's Brøndby. A big fish in a small pond. I don't think the interests surrounding Ajax (Board, media, press, fans) would give him the time he needs to develop into a power-coach. I'd love to see him as coach of Ajax one day. He is a true gentleman of the sport and a great credit to the game. But let him develop (or bust) in another club first and, instead, bring in someone that can help Ajax RIGHT NOW. :xyxthumbs:
:yes:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di apr 04, 2006 1:55 pm

We all seem to concentrate our attention on Blind and before him Koeman. However, the one consistent person in all of this has been Krol.

Is he as big a problem as the other 2 - I really do think that we should be looking at Krol's performance and deciding if he should be given the order of the boot even before a decision is made on Blinds future.

The board by their transfer dealings in January made it very clear that their expectations didn't stretch as far as the Champions League, so why are we all surprised now when the team falls short.

As with most failures the finger cannot just be pointed at one particular section. In my opinion the players and the board have had a bigger say in this failure than the coaches.
Lets look at the players we have and then pass an honest judgement on whether a different coach could have made a better job of it. Personally, I don't think so and my feeling is that Van Geel is of the same mind and that is why he has been building for next year.

I feel that Blind would be a good coach of good players, but when you have a group such as now, he just hasn't got the experience or nous to turn it around.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Plaats reactie