World Cup 2006

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Julius

Bericht door Julius » za jun 10, 2006 3:56 pm

hi guys. Im an Ajacied from a little country in Europe - Albania. I dont know if this is the right section for a presentation but im not so familiar with dutch language (not as much as with dutch football may i say).
So to make it brief i wish good luck to Holland in this WC!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za jun 10, 2006 3:57 pm

That was so dull...

Hopefully Zlatan gets his hattrick in the next game to make up for it.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 10, 2006 4:00 pm

England didn't show anything special, but - in my opinion - they didn't have to. Paraguay had a bad game, they played just like Poland yesterday - without idea... One thing was strange - why Paraguay didn't use wings? They had to see that it's impossible to make any good actions throught the center of the field...

I hope that two other games will be better.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za jun 10, 2006 4:11 pm

Julius schreef:hi guys. Im an Ajacied from a little country in Europe - Albania. I dont know if this is the right section for a presentation but im not so familiar with dutch language (not as much as with dutch football may i say).
Hey Julius. Let me fill you in on the Dutch league. Ajax is by far the best team. The rest sucks.

Which team do you want to win the World Cup with Albania and Greece staying at home?

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » za jun 10, 2006 4:12 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied wrote:
come on Paraguay !!!! If Ecuador could so can you !!!!!
ojalá el próximo mundial digamos: vamos Venezuela, vamos Perú! pero lo veo dificil :nooo:

Very poor game. I was expecting a lot more from England but if Rooney comes back in the next game I'm sure we are going to see a much better english team. Let's hope Zlatan has a good game, the swedish are far better than Trinidad so I'm hoping for at least 2 Zlatan goals and hopefully one from Rosenberg :headbang:
Laatst gewijzigd door ajaxperu op za jun 10, 2006 4:14 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Julius schreef:hi guys. Im an Ajacied from a little country in Europe - Albania. I dont know if this is the right section for a presentation but im not so familiar with dutch language (not as much as with dutch football may i say).
Hey Julius, welcome to the Ajax USA zone of this forum, man. We never had someone from Albania before. Cool. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za jun 10, 2006 4:16 pm

ajaxperu schreef:Very poor game. I was expecting a lot more from England but if Rooney comes back in the next game I'm sure we are going to see a much better english team. Let's hope Zlatan has a good game, the swedish are far better than Trinidad so I'm hoping for at least 2 Zlatan goals and hopefully one from Rosenberg :headbang:
I don't know about Zlatan, ajaxperu. TNT's coach is very familiar with his abilities. Also TNT has a good defense and will not be shy to play a full defensive style. Knowing Sweden they don't have a creative game to crack a staffled defense like that. I predict a worse game then Eng-Par and a 1-0 victory for Beenhakker and his lot.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jun 10, 2006 4:30 pm

Dubbel schreef:I predict a worse game then Eng-Par and a 1-0 victory for Beenhakker and his lot.
I also predict a terrible game, but a win for T&T? No way. Sweden will have 99.999% possession and pound on T&T's defense for 90 minutes. And they will score a single goal. 1-0 Sweden (who will, by the way, do very well this World Cup).

K.
Still alive...

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » za jun 10, 2006 4:30 pm

You could be right Dubbel, I bet Beenhakker has planned a very organized TNT team. A month ago they played a friendly game against Peru so I had the chance to see them and it was very dissapointing. So that's why I'm hoping Zlatan can take advantage of their inexperience and show us all his great football skills. But this is no friendly game and I'm sure TNT will have to be completely different.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Hello mate. Good to know that Ajax have fans all over the world. Enjoy your stayin' here. And here's the link for presentations' thread -----> http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic ... 3&start=25

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jun 10, 2006 4:45 pm

Well, just back from watching the England game in Yates Bar, Lewisham. Thank god for the comedian of a referee to liven up the game, I'm now nicely beered for the Sweden game.

Is anyone watching the Holland game in De Hems (London) tommorrow???
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

manila

Bericht door manila » za jun 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Welcome Julius.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 10, 2006 4:47 pm

Hello mate and welcome.

I'm rooting for TnT, but I'm predicting a 3-0 or so win for Sweden, Trinidad haven't been showing real competative promise in their recent string of friendlies.
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jun 10, 2006 5:56 pm

ajaxperu schreef:Venezuelan Ajacied wrote:
come on Paraguay !!!! If Ecuador could so can you !!!!!
ojalá el próximo mundial digamos: vamos Venezuela, vamos Perú! pero lo veo dificil :nooo:
Very poor game. I was expecting a lot more from England but if Rooney comes back in the next game I'm sure we are going to see a much better english team. Let's hope Zlatan has a good game, the swedish are far better than Trinidad so I'm hoping for at least 2 Zlatan goals and hopefully one from Rosenberg :headbang:
Todo es posible mi hermano, todo es posible....preguntale a Trinidad.

The beuty off football 0-0 halftime in the TNT-Sweden match but already a much more exciting game than England-Paraguay. Trinidad have been very very brave and should be proud, but i really dont think they will withstand the swedish onslought.

Bring in Kallstrom swede's.

o and give Rosy a few minutes :D
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Stevie Super Samba Skillz

Bericht door Stevie Super Samba Skillz » za jun 10, 2006 7:08 pm

Sweden will do well eh Ko? Against ten Trinidadians! They're gonna struggle to get out of the group at this rate...

England were atrocious second half v Paraguay, but the South Americans couldn't punish them. They are a tenacious side, but have no punch at all up front. If an early goal goes in they're pretty much screwed.

Really looking forward to Ivory Coast v Argentina...just played football myself after the England game, it's been a football kind of day. Any result favours the Dutch, really. If Argentina win, they might take the spirit out of the Ivorians before their encounter with the Dutch. If it's a draw or Ivorian win, then Holland will not underestimate them and Argentina are easier to catch up. Although...I have a strong feeling Serbia will draw with Holland.
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za jun 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Shoot, a 90 minute boner who wouldv'e thought
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jun 10, 2006 7:18 pm

Stevie Super Samba Skillz schreef:Sweden will do well eh Ko? Against ten Trinidadians! They're gonna struggle to get out of the group at this rate...

England were atrocious second half v Paraguay, but the South Americans couldn't punish them. They are a tenacious side, but have no punch at all up front. If an early goal goes in they're pretty much screwed.

Really looking forward to Ivory Coast v Argentina...just played football myself after the England game, it's been a football kind of day. Any result favours the Dutch, really. If Argentina win, they might take the spirit out of the Ivorians before their encounter with the Dutch. If it's a draw or Ivorian win, then Holland will not underestimate them and Argentina are easier to catch up. Although...I have a strong feeling Serbia will draw with Holland.
This draw is a very hard punch into the swedish gut but after watching the 4 teams play it is safe to say that Sweden are the better team, they just lacked a little luck.The game was an amazing exciting tense match, TNT have gained my respect and the respect off the world but you cant say Sweden should be ashamed of themeselves. They tried hard drove towards goal but it was just written in the stars; Trinidad was not going to loose today. Sweden will still go through by defeating Paraguay and dont be surprised if they beat England too.

The next game should be a goody by the way i'm with the oranje :yes: :xyxthumbs: .

PS: Benhakker is a mastermind, good for him good for Trinidad.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za jun 10, 2006 7:24 pm

Jeez, 0-0 against T&T. Coach Lagerbäck actually said that he thought Sweden had a good game on Swedish TV a few minutes ago. Yeah right. If you play against a team as poor as T&T and with 11 against 10 for 45 minutes and don't score you can hardly have had a good game.

I'm not blaming the coaches, but I would really have wanted Källström on the pitch much, much earlier. Luckily Paraguay also lost, which takes Sweden through as long as they beat the south americans - if T&T don't win the rest of their games that is. :)

By the way, where was Larsson?
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » za jun 10, 2006 7:36 pm

I would blame the coach if I were you. Why on earth did he keep four defenders at the back against ten men of the weakest team to hit the world cup in ages? Looks like a coward to me.

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » za jun 10, 2006 8:19 pm

Exactly. The whole concept was foolish. It was kick and run in the last 30 minutes. Both flanks were left blank, but the zone was overful. Strange subsitutes, because the role of Jonson was unclear. Kallstrom did well, because all balls from the zone were his. Lagerback should subsitute one defender for a winger. Trinidad was prepared to defend the zone, which was most common when you play with a man down.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za jun 10, 2006 9:03 pm

jakobg schreef:Jeez, 0-0 against T&T. Coach Lagerbäck actually said that he thought Sweden had a good game on Swedish TV a few minutes ago. Yeah right. If you play against a team as poor as T&T and with 11 against 10 for 45 minutes and don't score you can hardly have had a good game.

I'm not blaming the coaches, but I would really have wanted Källström on the pitch much, much earlier. Luckily Paraguay also lost, which takes Sweden through as long as they beat the south americans - if T&T don't win the rest of their games that is. :)

By the way, where was Larsson?
Källström is going to Lyon. Hopefully it'll be a big step forward for the kid.

Sweden seriously fucked up. Just like England. How boring a world cup so far :(
meh :|

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » za jun 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Oh man am I pissed off about this game. Totally undeserved win for Argentina. I knew they were diving sluts, but GOD they're bringing this shit to another level. FUCK. Whining, cheating, killing time, passing the ball around for nothing. I hope we'll knock them off and Serbia will advance. I really do. Goddammit :fundamentje:
meh :|

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Jakob, it's hard to disagree with your coach. Sweden had quite good game, but it was really strange that they couldn't score... I think that this game was one of the biggest surprises in the World Cup finals' history.

As for the second game - in my opinion it was the best game in this Weltmeisterschaft. I expected more from Argentina, but the level of this match was good. A lot of good actions, dribbles (Kalou was fantastic!). I wish the rest of game were on that level.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jun 10, 2006 10:53 pm

:headbang: :headbang:
Well, if the first five games indicate the quality of this year's World Cup, my garden's going to get a hell of a lot of work done in it.
Germany - ok, they scored 4, but conceding 2 against Costa Rica!
Poland - did they turn up?
England - well, the first 3 minutes was ok, but as usual, they started off badly...and steadily got worse!!
Sweden - they managed to have about 85% of the posession but failed to come close to dealing with the enthusiasm and patriotism of the 10 man T&T
Argentina - they showed some glimpses of class, but nearly came to a sticky end courtesy of Drogba.
If this is what the World Cup's about, forget it and give the players a rest! They could do the same as me, (until Ajax start in Eredivisie), work in the garden!
ROLL ON NEXT SEASON!
:xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:
34 will always be with us

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 10, 2006 11:35 pm

SaddlerIan schreef: Poland - did they turn up?
I'm afraid that it's the end for us... We haven't won against Germany any time and I don't believe that we could do it in a present form :sad: . It will be miracle if we would win that game... A match against Ecuador we've lost on the field, against Germany we'll loose before the first whistle. Poland can't play against good countries - even if they are in extremely bad form (just like England in qualifies). It is - of course - possible that we could advance after one win against Costa Rica (when Germany win all the games and Costa Rica win against Ecuador), but - as you may guess - it's rather wishfull thinking... The worst thing is that we don't have any good young players which could replace this squad.

Gesloten