ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma jun 12, 2006 5:44 pm

Sorry but no, Czechs are gonna own if Rosicky is continuously brilliant
Get a Cock

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma jun 12, 2006 5:45 pm

ajaxperu schreef:2-0. Excellent goal
It's not over yet, lots of things can change in the second half
No way. Nedved-Plasil-Rosicky are ripping the right side of the US defence apart.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 12, 2006 6:19 pm

The U.S. are not gonna turn this around, I'm afraid. They fight like lions, but the difference in quality is simply too big today.

K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma jun 12, 2006 6:32 pm

Thomas schreef:I think they will. The US don't have enough firepower.
I disagree. They've shown enough to deserve at least one goal. A goal they are likely to not get but eh, that's football.

3-0. Aveslacker, you can despair at will now...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm

Mwah, I haven't been impressed at all. McBride and Donovan have been invisible and I've never had the feeling the US we're going to get anything from this game.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jun 12, 2006 6:51 pm

Thomas schreef:Mwah, I haven't been impressed at all. McBride and Donovan have been invisible and I've never had the feeling the US we're going to get anything from this game.
Don't want to piss anyone off, but that was my feeling too.

It looks really bad for the U.S. now. They will have to beat Ghana and grab a result against Italy... I wouldn't bet on it, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma jun 12, 2006 6:55 pm

For the record, I don't want to piss anyone off either. But I think the chance is quite big that the US will end up last in the group. Ghana will take third place from them. They'll either beat them or draw against them.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma jun 12, 2006 6:56 pm

The Mexican TV station shortens United States of America with the letters EEUU. Does anyone know what those letters stand for?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jun 12, 2006 7:08 pm

Dubbel schreef:The Mexican TV station shortens United States of America with the letters EEUU. Does anyone know what those letters stand for?
Estados Unidos. I think they double the letters to show the plural.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jun 12, 2006 7:14 pm

This about sums up how I feel right now:

Afbeelding

While I think 3-0 might have been slightly flattering to the Czechs, I can't say that they didn't deserve a solid victory. The US played well in spots and was unlucky a couple of times, for example when Reyna's shot hit the post, but in the end were second best on the day.

Rosicky was an absolute madman out there today. Grygera played well also. I thought the US did a good job containing Nedved, but Rosicky was the difference maker.

Donovan disappeared for much of the game, meaning that McBride had no service. Without service, McBride is ineffective. Convey played ok, and Johnson was quite influential when he came on, but other than that, the rest of the team was inadequate for much of the game.

Ugh. Fucking ugh.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma jun 12, 2006 7:15 pm

And now a very sad (and strange) information. According to the polish press, a supporter from Ecuador commited suicide after his national team's win against Poland a few days ago. He got his money (500 USD) on the bet, and he lost it, because Ecuador won against Poland. He was found dead in his room a few hours after the game.

Oh my God... It's the first time when someone kills himself because his team won the match... Sad and strange...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jun 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Thomas schreef:Mwah, I haven't been impressed at all. McBride and Donovan have been invisible and I've never had the feeling the US we're going to get anything from this game.
The first half was ok, but other than that, I am sad to say that you are right.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jun 12, 2006 8:22 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:It's the first time when someone kills himself because his team won the match... Sad and strange...
Unfortunately, probably not. It's right up there with the senseless war beween El Salvador and Honduras after a World Cup qualifier in 1969. I read all about that in 'The Soccer War' by Ryszard Kapuscinski, who no doubt is more famous where you are than here - great book by the way!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jun 12, 2006 8:23 pm

Come on Ghana fuck the freaking Cattenaccio.

PD: I wore my oranje shirt,socks (with KNVB logo :yes: ) with the oranje wooden shoes i bought last time i visited Amsterdam. I looked like a fool but i dident care :yes: :eusa_dance: HUP Holland !!!!!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

manila

Bericht door manila » ma jun 12, 2006 10:06 pm

Blind3 schreef: I think S-M had the best backline in the group.Better than Argentina with a Gabriel Heinze short on match fitness, Sorin, Burdisso,etc.. Cote` d'Ivoire has offensive horses but i think the Dutch can exploit their defense. That said, the midfield should plan to bring their lunch pails.They will have to work very hard to help a slightly shaky defense v. Drogba, Kone, Kalou,Akale,etc..
Fully agree. I think Serbia have the best defense among our opponents.

manila

Bericht door manila » ma jun 12, 2006 10:16 pm

Very good analysis Menno.

We tend to expect a lot from our team. But then when you look at it objectively it was a great win. Even back at work, most colleagues, surprisingly said that the Dutch were very good, some even said that they were impressive !

As for the team I agree that Van Nistelrooy and Sneijder had the poorest game while Robben, Cocu and Ooijer were the best. I wouldn't change anything from this team except for inserting Van der Vaart if fit instead of Sneijder for now.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma jun 12, 2006 10:23 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
AsgAarD_xxx schreef:It's the first time when someone kills himself because his team won the match... Sad and strange...
Unfortunately, probably not. It's right up there with the senseless war beween El Salvador and Honduras after a World Cup qualifier in 1969. I read all about that in 'The Soccer War' by Ryszard Kapuscinski, who no doubt is more famous where you are than here - great book by the way!
Yep... I forgot about this... I obviously have read that book (as most of people in Poland - Kapuściński is one of the best writers here). Anyway - I don't understand such reasons for killing...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jun 12, 2006 10:44 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:I obviously have read that book (as most of people in Poland - Kapuściński is one of the best writers here)..
Oh, cool! He's a bit on an exclusive market here, but that's mainly due to the subject matter (serious book) rather than the fact that he is Polish. Great that you've read it anyway. He has a few books translated into English but I've only read this one.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma jun 12, 2006 10:51 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Come on Ghana fuck the freaking Cattenaccio.
I was really surprised, because Italy didn't play cattenaccio. They played good, ofensive football. Pirlo was fantastic! As for Ghana - they were not bad. This group seems to be one of the hardest and I'm afraid that our american friends will have a hard road to the next round...

PS: Someone (it was acab as far as I remember) wrote that Robben was selfish against Serbia and Montenegro. What do you think about Essien tonight? He tried to shoot from every positions and I remember only one shot in goal... Did he think that he's the most important just because he plays for Chelsea? Essien was good in defence, but I was really angry after his 100th missed shoot...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma jun 12, 2006 11:18 pm

I'd try my luck from distance too with strikers like Amoah and Gyan.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » ma jun 12, 2006 11:44 pm

The Americans today were taken out back, behind the woodshed, and given the Old Yeller treatment. Brutal. I thought they'd be more competitive than that and put up a decent fight... but it was men v. boys, pros v. amateurs.

:pukey:

And congrats to the Aussies!! Great finish to the match and great result.

:xyxthumbs:

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jun 13, 2006 1:07 am

Bit of credit to the Checks. I enjoyed watching them. Without Baros and Koller they still managed to put on a great performance. The US may not have been the toughest of opponents but the Checks played better then I expected. If both the Chech Rep and Italy win their next match then it will be great to see them compete to avoid playing against Brasil in the next round.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jun 13, 2006 2:48 am

Well half of the teams have already played and i'm still looking for a clear favorite to win this cup, so far some teams have played good football for some moments but have also showed some deficiencies. I'ts going too be very interesting to watch Brazil tomorrow and see if they are really way ahead of the pack.

O and i can bet a thousand bucks Brazil will get the first penalty of this world cup on a dubious foul :yes: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di jun 13, 2006 3:19 am

Yeah I'm also looking forward to see Brazil, although I wont be able to see the game live tomorrow. Another team that calls my attention is France despite the fact they haven't been great lately. Henry has been in an awesome shape and I bet Zidane will want to have a good last performance in a world cup. I was impressed by Italy today, they are playing a more attractive football and lets not forget that one of the two teams that will advance in their group will face Brazil in the second round.

Finally I really want to see Spain's game. I don't think Spain is a candidate to win the world cup, they always dissapoint everyone but this time they have a really good team in both defense and offense. But what attacts me more is Ukraine, i've never seen them play and I want to know if they are Schevchenko and 10 more players or are they really a strong team that can challenge the big ones.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jun 13, 2006 4:16 am

ajaxperu schreef:Another team that calls my attention is France despite the fact they haven't been great lately. Henry has been in an awesome shape and I bet Zidane will want to have a good last performance in a world cup.
Yay. I've always been a fan of the French national team. Since the days with Platini, Tigana, Rocheteau etc. If they get their team right they have the best chance of the Euro sides at the World Title.

Slightly off topic but relevant all the same. What happened to Peru? Love their shirts. But they seem, to the outsider, to have been passed by teams like Colombia, Chili and now Ecuador. I remember watching Holland - Peru in '78. Goalless draw. Both progressed. Later Peru exited after a dubious 6-1 against Vileda's Argentina. Any word on a possible bribe to oust Brasil back then? Hope Peru gets another good generation and that they'll make a presence in South Africa 2010.

Gesloten