Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo apr 30, 2006 8:17 am

For those that receive ESPN Calssic here in Europe they are celebrating "Queen's Day" with a week-end of programmes about Dutch football (portraits of Gullit, Marco VB, Old Ajax European Cup finals, the documentary about Ajax's Centenary year e.t.c.).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 03, 2006 8:04 am

To the fans in France and nearby : the Ajax-p$v Cup final will be broadcasted live on TPS.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 13, 2006 3:24 am

Great news for Ajacieden living in North America: Setanta sport will begin showing eredivisie matches!

To: [email protected]
Date: Jul 12, 2006 10:56 AM
Subject: Eredivisie

Dear Setanta guys and gals-

I wanted to congratulate you on the excellent job that you do bringing soccer and rugby to North American tv screens. Your coverage of the Coca-Cola Championship, Champions' League, Tri-Nations, Six-Nations, etc has been a godsend to me, since these sports are hard to get in the U.S.

In that vein, I wonder if you might consider adding the Dutch eredivisie to your lineup this fall. I'm sure a lot of soccer fans would love to see famous teams like Ajax, Feijenoord and PSV. I think it would greatly enhance your already impressive soccer coverage (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a starved Ajax fan).

In any event, keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Aveslacker

To: <[email protected]>
Date: Jul 12, 2006 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Eredivisie

Hi Dudeman,

You'll be happy to know (and one of the first to know) that we'll have the best Saturday game!

Will Lowry

www.setanta.com

AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

De Kuyper

Bericht door De Kuyper » za jul 15, 2006 4:27 pm

Does anyone know if the ajax internet TV on the www.ajax.nl site will be showing live games this year?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 15, 2006 9:30 pm

For those of us here in the UK who can't get tickets, the Arsenal game next week will be shown on Channel 5 :cheer: . I got that from the Arsenal website (www.Arsenal.com).I don't know if that's live or recorded coverage, it doesn't say.

You can also watch the game live through the Arsenal website but I think you have to pay - I didn't check how much. If you go to the hoempage there is a link to the ArsenalTV page there.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 15, 2006 9:34 pm

I just checked the Channel 5 website - we have live coverage at 16.40hrs.

:bis: That almost makes up for not being able to get a ticket.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Man its good too be back on these boards, sure did miss'em. Ok so here the news... ESPN Deportes is going to show the whole Amsterdam Tournament live!!! The tournament begins on august 4th.

Good job ESPN :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 26, 2006 10:44 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Man its good too be back on these boards, sure did miss'em. Ok so here the news... ESPN Deportes is going to show the whole Amsterdam Tournament live!!! The tournament begins on august 4th.

Good job ESPN :xyxthumbs:
Fox Sports is showing it here live as well (all games). Stupid ESPN seem to have lost the rights for the Dutch League this year in Oz though. F*^k it X'C

Looks like Talpa Vodcast for me then.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 8:19 am

Alright people i've got a question What TV channel normaly shows ajax games in the netherlands ??? I found this neat Internet site witch allows me to view al sorts of channels from a lot a country's including the netherlands. So im just corious i might catch a game or two this way.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 8:39 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Alright people i've got a question What TV channel normaly shows ajax games in the netherlands ??? I found this neat Internet site witch allows me to view al sorts of channels from a lot a country's including the netherlands. So im just corious i might catch a game or two this way.
Games are shown on three channels. The live Eredivisie games are shown on pay satelite channel Versatel, with highlights on free to air channel Talpa which is owned by the same company. Cup games (and the first division) are shown on non-satelite domestic TV channel SBS6.

I think that's right, unless anyone in Holland knows differently.

If you do get to see any games, please post the link :xyxthumbs:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 9:11 am

Here's the link, it does have quite a few channels including Talpa, but if what you say is true then i think i'm screwed on this one. Here take a look:

www.Imvite.com
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 9:28 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Here's the link, it does have quite a few channels including Talpa, but if what you say is true then i think i'm screwed on this one. Here take a look:

www.Imvite.com
Hmm, it looks very similar to the site I already knew about (www.wwitv.com) with a similar list of channels. It's got RTV Noord Hooland on it though which is local to the Amsterdam area and shows highlights and previews of Ajax and AZ Alkmaar games. That station is on the other site too but the link is broken - you need to click on the second version on this site and it works. At the moment there's a gardening programme but at least it works!

You can catch the Eredivise highlights on Talpa on a Saturday and Sunday night. Look at www.tvgids.nl to get the times :xyxthumbs:

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 29, 2006 9:49 am

SE6Ajacied schreef: Hmm, it looks very similar to the site I already knew about (www.wwitv.com) with a similar list of channels. It's got RTV Noord Hooland on it though which is local to the Amsterdam area and shows highlights and previews of Ajax and AZ Alkmaar games.
RTV Noord Holland is for the state of North Holland (including Amsterdam) but Amsterdam has his own local TV station called AT5. Kowalczyk is on AT5 regulary, as a regular guest in "FC Godenzonen", a program dedicated to Ajax.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Izmailov

Bericht door Izmailov » za jul 29, 2006 11:04 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Cup games (and the first division) are shown on non-satelite domestic TV channel SBS6.
Starting from the new season, Talpa will broadcast the cup games (live and highlights) and the first division (highlights). Cup games and the first division are no longer shown on SBS6.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 11:10 am

Izmailov schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Cup games (and the first division) are shown on non-satelite domestic TV channel SBS6.
Starting from the new season, Talpa will broadcast the cup games (live and highlights) and the first division (highlights). Cup games and the first division are no longer shown on SBS6.
OK, cheers, I didn't know that :xyxthumbs:
RTV Noord Holland is for the state of North Holland (including Amsterdam) but Amsterdam has his own local TV station called AT5. Kowalczyk is on AT5 regulary, as a regular guest in "FC Godenzonen", a program dedicated to Ajax.
Yeah, I've seen that in Amsterdam on TV but I don't think you can get it on the web anywhere unless anyone knows different (it's certainly not through their website)

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 29, 2006 11:14 am

they just started with video's of the news on their website, but no video's of Ajax yet.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 7:00 pm

I've been checking the Talpa channel for a while and all i get is a screen with some dutch text, it looks like news, but their arent any images whatsoever. I'm a little confused here..... Help ???

PS: at what time dooes the highlights show come on ???

PS2: RTV-Noord Holland looks great :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jul 29, 2006 7:37 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:I've been checking the Talpa channel for a while and all i get is a screen with some dutch text, it looks like news, but their arent any images whatsoever. I'm a little confused here..... Help ???

PS: at what time dooes the highlights show come on ???

PS2: RTV-Noord Holland looks great :xyxthumbs:
Talpa is only on in the evening I think (Dutch time) but that might be different at weekends and I think the picture you get proves that your link is working OK. I think the football show is on at 9pm on Saturdays or 11pm on Sundays (Dutch time) but if you check www.tvgids.nl it will give you the programme times (Dutch time).

If you look down the menu bar on the left hand side there is an option for "Sport" programmes and that will take you straight to the sports programmes. You then need to match that with the channels you have got on the internet and convert from Dutch time and you'll be able to see the games. The main football programme on Talpa is called "Eredivisie - The Match" (But I can't remember the spelling in Dutch :blush: ). You'll find it easily enough I'm sure.

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 29, 2006 8:14 pm

"de wedstrijden"
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo jul 30, 2006 1:09 am

Last year Talpa made available the entire weekends highlights package (as they show on tv) through 'vodcasting'. Plug it into iTunes and ta-da.

Fingers crossed they do the same this season. I noticed that last seasons link on my iTunes shows 'de wedstrijden-oud' so i am hoping this means another stream will be availalbe soon. Especially since it looks like ESPN have lost the eredivisie rights. :nooo:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 31, 2006 5:01 am

DanK schreef:Last year Talpa made available the entire weekends highlights package (as they show on tv) through 'vodcasting'. Plug it into iTunes and ta-da.

Fingers crossed they do the same this season. I noticed that last seasons link on my iTunes shows 'de wedstrijden-oud' so i am hoping this means another stream will be availalbe soon. Especially since it looks like ESPN have lost the eredivisie rights. :nooo:
It sure does, Dank, i sent an Email too ESPN Internacional, asking about the Eredivisie...still no reply, but i've checked everywhere on the programing list and NOTHING!!!

Sure is Depresing X'C

PS: At least i get too see the Amsterdam Tournament and Champions league, plus some cup games through the internet :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma jul 31, 2006 5:02 am

¿By the way what dutch channel show's Oranje games?
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 31, 2006 7:24 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:¿By the way what dutch channel show's Oranje games?
NOS (Dutch domestic state broadcaster) will show the Oranje games (unless that's changed as well). You can't get their channels over the internet but trying "shopping arond", other channels in other countries will show the same game so you might get lucky.

You can also watch the Oranje games live through the KNVB website (here - http://www.knvb.nl/live - with English instructions). It's not free, the first game up is £5.49 to watch but it's an option.........

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 31, 2006 9:02 am

SE6 Ajacied: can you switch on the HTML function, please?

Links in your posts are never 'clickable'...

K.
Still alive...

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » ma jul 31, 2006 5:53 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
DanK schreef:Last year Talpa made available the entire weekends highlights package (as they show on tv) through 'vodcasting'. Plug it into iTunes and ta-da.

It sure does, Dank, i sent an Email too ESPN Internacional, asking about the Eredivisie...still no reply, but i've checked everywhere on the programing list and NOTHING!!!

Sure is Depresing X'C

PS: At least i get too see the Amsterdam Tournament and Champions league, plus some cup games through the internet :yes:
ESPN will show eredivisie games

Plaats reactie