Angelos Charisteas

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do aug 17, 2006 11:31 pm

The latest news say that VFB Stuttgart can make an offer for Angelos Charisteas. They are looking for a striker now and Harry is one of the options.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do aug 17, 2006 11:37 pm

I hope Harry stays. He is the only decent alternative we have in case KJH is unavailable. Of course, I don't know how badly Ajax needs the money. Tip: sell Grygera instead.

Sevag

Bericht door Sevag » vr aug 18, 2006 12:10 am

It's better if he is sold, he is worth quite a bit of money. No point in not giving him the oppurtunity of playing first team football.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr aug 18, 2006 9:17 am

Sell Rosenberg. He doesn't fit the system.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Sell Harry if someone must go. Rosenberg is more versatile . He can play on the left and do a good job . He is also younger than Harry .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr aug 18, 2006 5:59 pm

Sell Grygera. His contract expires in 2007.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr aug 18, 2006 10:38 pm

Blind3 schreef:Sell Harry if someone must go. Rosenberg is more versatile . He can play on the left and do a good job . He is also younger than Harry .
Babel, Manucharyan, Mitea and Perez can all play the left. We do not need 5 left wingers. Rosenberg was bought as a striker, and, I think Charisteas fills that role better than Rosenberg. Harry is only 26, hardly a geriatric, compared to Rosenberg's (almost) 24, so age is hardly an issue.

As for Grygera, he should be sold too, but Ajax clearly wants to offload a forward, and I think they've picked the wrong one.

Sevag

Bericht door Sevag » za aug 19, 2006 12:13 am

The problem is, Charisteas is a high profile striker that isn't playing football, something which he needs.

Don't forget, Manucharyan was originally a striker, who is now playing as a winger because Huntelaar is so consistent.

Im sure the coaches believe Ajax have adequate cover to let Charisteas leave.

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za aug 19, 2006 1:00 am

Charisteas is a much better striker for Ajax then Rosenberg, but Charisteas has a 2 year contract while Rosenberg has a 3 year contract, so Ajax must sell Charisteas for business reasons.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do aug 31, 2006 7:54 pm

it seems we have sold charisteas to the kakkerlakken... just retarded

are we so desperate to get rid of a strong, experienced, winning player that we ship him off to our rivals so he can score a boatload of goals for them?

big. fat. UGH.

:nooo:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Bericht door 343 » do aug 31, 2006 8:01 pm

ITS TRUE!!! ITS ON AJAX.NL and FEYENOORD.NL

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 31, 2006 8:02 pm

Fuck's sake... This is stupid...

We gave them a very good striker...

K.
Still alive...

michaelajaxfan
AT Toto winner 05/06

Bericht door michaelajaxfan » do aug 31, 2006 8:18 pm

Can't believe it. It's terrible that an Ajacied even thinks about playing for feyenoord. Disgusting. I think I am going to be very angry if he touches de ball during Ajax-feyenoord and 50 000 people with me.

Also, I just can't understand why Ajax transfers a player to them... Of course an aim in football is to make money, but thinking about your fans is important too sometimes... There aren't many worse things Ajax can do than this.

FUCK IT!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do aug 31, 2006 8:23 pm

absolutely retarded move, we are not so bad off for money that we need to make desperate sales!

this just pisses me off
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do aug 31, 2006 8:24 pm

Ajax have been trying to offload him for months (he must be receiving quite a paycheck) and Feyenoord were desperate to find a striker before the transfer window closed, so it was in a way quite natural for this to happen.

You can argue about Ajax' assessment of Harry's qualities, but the Feyenoord fans feel even worse because they bought a player who was deemed 'not good enough' at their big rivals. (rumours are they payed 2.5m)

It was a bizarre day with Kluivert signing for Psv en Harry for Feyenoord!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 31, 2006 9:57 pm

I also saw the following rumours : Kromkamp to PSV, Donk to AZ, and Vagner Love to F-word for 8 mill. Any truth to any of these? If so, not great news for us. As for Harry to Kakkerlak City , either Ajax is stupid or arrogant ( as in, even with Harry ,they can't touch us) . :nooo: Either is a real bad virtue in football. Ajax could've done with improving the club; especially at central mid or left back.
Laatst gewijzigd door Blind3 op do aug 31, 2006 10:00 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do aug 31, 2006 9:58 pm

All true except for Love
I think I lost my fucking headache

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do aug 31, 2006 10:17 pm

Blind3 schreef:As for Harry to Kakkerlak City , either Ajax is stupid or arrogant ( as in, even with Harry ,they can't touch us).
He gets payed a lot of money and will never beat Huntelaar for a first team spot, so they might as well let him go. He doesn't want to stay on the bench the whole time and we don't need an unmotivated player. I doubt if there were many interested clubs other than Feyenoord.

I'd rather have sold Rosenberg, but since he was relatively unknown when he came he probably gets paid a lot less.

This was purely a financial decision I'm sure, hopefully this means they can buy another good player during the winter break.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr sep 01, 2006 12:51 am

what a stupid, stupid thing to do. charisteas played excellent whenever he was called upon. het tore feyenoord to bits in the playoffs. what do we do now when we want to play 4-4-2, or when huntelaar is injured??

we've just given feyenoord the second best striker in the league. christ. 2.5 million wasn't worth selling for, if that's how much he went for.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr sep 01, 2006 1:07 am

True, Harry was a good sub. But we still have Babel, Manucharyan and Rosenberg to back up KJH or to play 442. I say we will survive.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr sep 01, 2006 7:21 am

Arthur schreef: but the Feyenoord fans feel even worse because they bought a player who was deemed 'not good enough' at their big rivals.
Yeah, that's true enough at the moment I suppose but the lat time that happened didn't they get a certain J Cruijff?

Harry is nowhere near that standard but I've a feeling that this will badly backfire on us.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 01, 2006 8:10 am

another stupid move from whoever runs the club

:applaus:
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr sep 01, 2006 8:13 am

All I can say is that if people think our whole season revolved around us keeping this limited player, then we are in a really bad way and god help us. In that he has gone to F-Word - so what - a limited player is now with a limited club.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr sep 01, 2006 8:20 am

philippe schreef:another stupid move from whoever runs the club

:applaus:
And another sensible intelligently argued post from whoever writes them
:yelclap:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr sep 01, 2006 8:31 am

Not happy that he has been sold to Feyenoord but it is not the end of the world.

Being rational we have sold a player who has not been able to hold down a first team place at the club and being honest has never shown that potential either. Fine, he has played well in some of the games that he has came on in but in others he has been rank rotten too. When he did gain a starting line up he did not exactly set the heather on fire. Some people have said that he was a big aggressive player, sorry was I watching the same guy. For someone of his physical stature I would say the one thing he did lack was true aggression.

As I say not happy he is gone but at the end of the day the final decision was his - not the boards, not the managers but Charisteas himself, he would have to be the one to agree to the terms and conditions as laid down by Feyenoord to him personally. Whether he was made to feel welcome by the new management team is debatable.

Are we really going to regret it - I very much doubt it. Feyenoord are already 5 points behind us and as long as we shown more consistency than last season against the smaller clubs then we shall finish above them. Remember it was points lost against the smaller clubs that cost us most dear.

Ajax have lost far far better players than Charisteas and survived and proved stronger and shall do so again.

Angelo thank you for your contribution whilst playing.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Gesloten