Tickets to Ajax Games

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Re: Dennis's Last Hurrah

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mei 11, 2006 6:30 pm

ofey schreef:Now, I realise this is abit early but I don't want to miss the Dennis Bergkamp Testemonial at the new Emirates stadium. The difficulty I fear is that I'm not an Arsenal supporter and want an AWAY ticket to sit with the rest of the Ajax crowd. Any chance someone here can help in making me make this reality? The Arsenal Ticket office refuse to help me and say if I want an away ticket, I need to speak to Ajax and I don't speak Dutch so Ajax's ticket office don't seem to helpful!
I'm not sure if I can help other than suggest try to send them an e-mail (in English, I'm sure you'll get an answer). If you do get any joy though, please post here...at the moment I'm 99% certain to get a ticket (friends with Arsenal season tickets) but also 99% certain to be in the Arsenal end.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Pienaar10

Bericht door Pienaar10 » zo mei 14, 2006 11:21 pm

I have another question concerning WWW.TICKETUNLIMITED.COM, are they reliable, and do they deliver to the United States.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mei 15, 2006 11:44 am

Just to illustrate what a bargain Ajax season cards are and also how the footie fans are fleeced in the UK, Braintree Town' season ticket price for next year is £180 for Conference South football (6th level of The pyramid) against £170 for Ajax.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma jul 03, 2006 5:18 pm

Anyone with a season ticket who can buy me a ticket for this game? I'm now getting very very desperate. I can pay you safe and securely (for both me and you) over PayPal.

PLEASE...I'm BEGGING! :sad:
AJACIED

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma jul 03, 2006 5:25 pm

ofey schreef:Anyone with a season ticket who can buy me a ticket for this game? I'm now getting very very desperate. I can pay you safe and securely (for both me and you) over PayPal.

PLEASE...I'm BEGGING! :sad:
Ofey - In all probability I am afraid you would need to be an away season card holder, with an ID with a photograph etc that matches the picture and name on the season card. With all the best will in the world I cannot see that any of us can help. :nooo:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 03, 2006 5:41 pm

OPH is correct, Ofey. I'm sorry, mate.

Ajax have been allocated 3,000 tickets, which is more than enough. Problem is: as far as the ticketing procedure is concerned Ajax have decided to regard this game as a 'European away game' rather than a friendly.

Which means: every holder of a so-called 'away card' (= supporters' photo ID system) has the right to buy one ticket per season ticket. This ticket is not a match ticket, but a so-called omwisselbiljet ('swap ticket'). There will be a special window/desk for Ajax fans in London where they can swap these 'swap tickets' for a match ticket if they can produce a valid away card as well as a passport.

All this will be checked, so if you show up with a 'swap ticket' someone else bought for you, you won't get in if you can show a valid away card and matching valid photo ID.

You will have to find yourself a ticket in the U.K., I'm afraid...

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
You will have to find yourself a ticket in the U.K., I'm afraid...

K.
That's very silly of Ajax :nooo: . Evem my mate from work who is a season ticket holder for Arsenal next season (he's been on the waiting list for years and has moved right to the top due to the new bigger ground) can't get a ticket though. I'm hoping that Sky or at least Arsenal TV will show the game live. Then I can at least watch on TV, Oh well.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » wo jul 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Thought people would like to read the reply given to me by Ajax regarding tickets for Dennis's testemonial:
Geachte heer Liaw,

Wij hebben uw e-mail ontvangen en willen er graag een reactie op geven.

I am sorry to say that we cannot sell you a ticket for the Dennis Bergkamp Testimonial. In order to buy a ticket one needs a Ajax clubcard. At this moment we do not give out clubcards and therefore we regret to say that there is no possibility for you to watch te game with your fellow Ajax fans. If you would like to visit games in the future you might apply for a clubcard later in the season. This way it will be easier to buy tickets for Ajax games in Holland or England.

Wij vertrouwen erop u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd. Mocht u nog vragen hebben dan kunt u contact opnemen met Supporterszaken via telefoonnummer 020 - 3 111 444. Supporterszaken is bereikbaar van maandag t/m vrijdag van 10.00 uur tot 16.00 uur.

Met vriendelijke groet,

AFC Ajax
Supporterszaken

Postbus 23388
1100 DW Amsterdam
Tel: 020 - 3 111 444
Fax: 020 - 3 111 675
E-mail: [email protected]
www.ajax.nl
:sad:
AJACIED

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » wo jul 05, 2006 1:47 pm

that's nice, part Dutch part English. So much for customer service.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 14, 2006 6:33 am

Re-posting...
Lestat schreef:Hello,
I will be in Amsterdam for the game on Oct 14th vs. FC Groningen. (my first Ajax game) I have a few questions:
1. Will the game be sold out?
2. If not, should I wait until I arrive to buy tickets?
3. If not, has anyone bought tickets through Ajax travel and are the packages worth it?
4. When will Ajax travel start offering the packages for games other than the Amsterdam Tourney?

Any input will be appreciated. I'm going to the game no matter what so I'm just trying to get a plan together to get seats.

Thank You all very much. - Lestat

Zidane = :redcard:
K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 14, 2006 6:36 am

Lestat schreef:Hello,
I will be in Amsterdam for the game on Oct 14th vs. FC Groningen. (my first Ajax game) I have a few questions:
1. Will the game be sold out?
2. If not, should I wait until I arrive to buy tickets?
3. If not, has anyone bought tickets through Ajax travel and are the packages worth it?
4. When will Ajax travel start offering the packages for games other than the Amsterdam Tourney?

Any input will be appreciated. I'm going to the game no matter what so I'm just trying to get a plan together to get seats.

Thank You all very much. - Lestat

Zidane = :redcard:
Welcome, Lestat. My reply to your post is actually the very first post of this thread...
Kowalczyk schreef:Coming to Amsterdam? Need a ticket to an Ajax game?

Cool!

We recommend to take a look at this page on Ajax USA first:
http://www.ajax-usa.com/tickets/index.html

If you still have questions after that: feel free to post them here, but please note that this is the only thread where we questions about tickets may be posted. Please don't pollute the forum with new ticket threads. They will be deleted.

K.
Still alive...

Lestat

Bericht door Lestat » za jul 29, 2006 1:13 am

Thanks, I understand all of the initial post but what are you opinions about this particular game?

Also, are there websites that I could go to that will show me where some pubs are around Amsterdam Arena? Or is my best bet to just go in early and wander around?

Thanks again!

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jul 29, 2006 9:44 am

You better go to the city centre to go to the pubs, Rembrandsquare mostly. Near the Arena there is nothing, except for the Ajax home, (very expensive) SoccerWorld, the cafe from the cinema and there's another pub of which I don't know the name. That's all.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

kraz11
Contacteer:

until when????

Bericht door kraz11 » za jul 29, 2006 11:11 pm

first of all im from israel
and im a huge ajax fan as are many israelis( but not like me) and cant wait to be in the arena in a game
although ive been in a training in 2000 or 2001 and even
photographed with arveladze gronkjar and chivu
now im in the army so im broke
so it will take a few years.
btw im new here so whats up?

DanK

Re: until when????

Bericht door DanK » zo jul 30, 2006 1:15 am

kraz11 schreef:first of all im from israel
and im a huge ajax fan as are many israelis( but not like me) and cant wait to be in the arena in a game
although ive been in a training in 2000 or 2001 and even
photographed with arveladze gronkjar and chivu
now im in the army so im broke
so it will take a few years.
btw im new here so whats up?
Welcome to our home Kraz11.

Whats up? Well not sure I can speak for everyone on the forum, although its probably a safe bet to say, that we are all looking forward to the kick-off of the new season, and of course a bag full of trophies :yes:

johnnylate

Utrecht in January

Bericht door johnnylate » vr aug 04, 2006 7:27 am

Good Morning, i've been trawling the web for information about Ajax tickets and frankly, this is by far the best repository of information about the club that i can find. I'm hoping that you can help me too!

My Brother (Spurs fan, there's a lot of spurs fans interested in Ajax?) is a frequent visitor to the city and has always wanted to see Ajax play. He's not internet friendly and you all know how difficult it can be to get hold of tickets.
He gets married in Feb, but is spending a weekend in Amsterdam with myself and a group of friends. Ajax are playing Utrecht on the sunday and i'd really like to arrange tickets for him.

Having gone through the posts, i've got a lot of answers, but i'd be grateful if you could clarify a couple of things for me.

1, Utrect are considered 'high risk', why is this...is there a history between the teams?

2, The game is advertised to KO at 12.30, will that stay the same (in England there are no guarantees) it affects our fights back

3, It would appear that the cheapest way of getting tickets is to apply for a club card and buying the tickets on the friday when we arrive. where do i apply, is 5 months long enough to get them? can i buy 10 cards over the phone/net?

4, would we all need to have cards?

5, Failing the club card idea, i've checked out 'tickets unlimited' as sugggested earlier, they are advertising tickets at 35 euro's behind the goal, is this a good seat? Would they sell me 10 tickets, what id would we need on the day and would they send the tickets to me or would we pick them up?

Apologies if those questions have been answered before, but i'm looking to get it all straight in my head before i embark on my quest.

good luck with the tournament.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr aug 04, 2006 8:40 am

Hey Johnny!
I think the best way will be to read this: http://www.ajax-usa.com/tickets/index.html

Here you have the answers for majority of your questions. And follow this forum. I'm sure you'll get the answers for the questions, which were not include in this article.

PS: 5 months is long enough even to win a lottery and buy new house in Amsterdam. Don't worry, you'll see that game :xyxthumbs: .

johnnylate

Bericht door johnnylate » zo aug 06, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks, i'm aware of the Ajaxusa site and it's a great source about Ajax, excellant work all round...i'm just looking for a bit more detail. The Ajaxusa site appears to suggest that the best way it to go through the 'travel package option' for the Utrecht game, but that sounds pricey!
I'd still appreciate some answers to the questions.

GangstaRiB

Re: Utrecht in January

Bericht door GangstaRiB » zo aug 06, 2006 5:07 pm

johnnylate schreef:Good Morning, i've been trawling the web for information about Ajax tickets and frankly, this is by far the best repository of information about the club that i can find. I'm hoping that you can help me too!

My Brother (Spurs fan, there's a lot of spurs fans interested in Ajax?) is a frequent visitor to the city and has always wanted to see Ajax play. He's not internet friendly and you all know how difficult it can be to get hold of tickets.
He gets married in Feb, but is spending a weekend in Amsterdam with myself and a group of friends. Ajax are playing Utrecht on the sunday and i'd really like to arrange tickets for him.

Having gone through the posts, i've got a lot of answers, but i'd be grateful if you could clarify a couple of things for me.

1, Utrect are considered 'high risk', why is this...is there a history between the teams?

2, The game is advertised to KO at 12.30, will that stay the same (in England there are no guarantees) it affects our fights back

3, It would appear that the cheapest way of getting tickets is to apply for a club card and buying the tickets on the friday when we arrive. where do i apply, is 5 months long enough to get them? can i buy 10 cards over the phone/net?

4, would we all need to have cards?

5, Failing the club card idea, i've checked out 'tickets unlimited' as sugggested earlier, they are advertising tickets at 35 euro's behind the goal, is this a good seat? Would they sell me 10 tickets, what id would we need on the day and would they send the tickets to me or would we pick them up?

Apologies if those questions have been answered before, but i'm looking to get it all straight in my head before i embark on my quest.

good luck with the tournament.
1. Utrechtfans and Ajaxfans don't go well together to say the least. Therefore it is a high risk game.

2. Kick-off time will be the same. Can't remember a game being changed kick-off times for years. What occassionally does happen, is that the game is being fixed on another day. When Ajax has to play a European match for example. But I don't think that is likely to happen. The 12.30 kick-off is also a special kick-off time for these high risk games.

3 and 4. This is the shittiest part of the whole club-card system. For the high risk matches there is only 1 ticket per clubcard available. Anonther problem is that you will have the 'normal' clubcard, which means that you are at the back of the line. There are a whole lot of people in front of you: Seasonticketholders, Supporters clubcard and then the normal clubcard.
To make it even more difficult: the Supporters clubcard are allowed to purchase the cards sooner than the normal clubcard holders. Usually the tickets go into sale 4 weeks before the game.

I think in you case that the ticket unlimited option is the best. Its a pretty reliable company, 35 euro is a bit more expensive, but its not out of proportion. You can reserve the cards at TU (ticket unlimited). If TU fails to get hold of the tickets, your money will be refunded. You can pay with your creditcard at TU. If TU receives the tickets of the game, you will be notified.

I don't know if the Ajax-USA team have special deals with Ajax about their tickets, but I think the cheapest and easiest way is going with TU. Applying for a clubcard is not a good idea if you only visit a game once. Especially for 10 people, its not worth the effort.

johnnylate

Bericht door johnnylate » zo aug 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Thank you GangstaRiB, you've basically confirmed what i thought.
If i get tickets from TU will we need any form of id at the stadium?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » zo aug 06, 2006 6:43 pm

Tickets Unlimited is the best option for one-time visits with large groups, especially if you all want to be in the same section of the stadium. If you try to buy 10 tickets on friday before the match there's about a hundred percent chance that your friends will be scattered all over the Arena. The game may not sell out, but adjacent seats are hard to find in the last days before the match.

Chances of being asked for ID are close to zero, but according to the small print you need it for any Ajax match. So bring your passport or drivers license just in case.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

nick468

Ajax v ADO

Bericht door nick468 » ma sep 04, 2006 7:52 pm

Hey,

I will be coming over to the Netherlands late next month, and would love to watch Ajax v ADO Den Haag in the ArenA.

Unfortunately, my Ajax club card has now lapsed, and I can't see any point in getting a new one, because I only plan to make one visit this season, and probably just one next season also. However, my friend is planning to get one so he can buy us both tickets.... but from previous postings here, I am thinking that could be a bit of a problem, as for 'high risk' games, supporters are only allowed to buy one ticket per club card. Do you know if this will definetly be the case for the Ajax-ADO Den Haag game?

And can anyone tell me when the sale begins for the game? Will it be a sell out.

Also, will Ticket Unlimited be able to provide me with tickets late on (i.e. one week before the game) if the worst came to the worst?

Cheers,

NICK

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma sep 04, 2006 8:01 pm

Sell out? Don't think so. ADO is definately a high risk game, but they play a minor role in the competition, so I don't think it will be sold out.

Ticket unlimited seems the best option for you.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma sep 18, 2006 2:11 pm

i am looking for 2 seats against NEC, in the cheap areas

monday, sara (some of you know her) is going back to the USA for a while and she wants to see one last AJAX match

i can get 30E tickets with my supporters card, but she is very short on money right now and we hate those ritzy titzy quiet sections anyway

anything at either end of the top ring (412-414, 427-429) is just fine! i'm willing to give face value + 20%

if you can't go sunday, send me a PM! bedankt!
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma sep 18, 2006 2:39 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:i am looking for 2 seats against NEC, in the cheap areas

monday, sara (some of you know her) is going back to the USA for a while and she wants to see one last AJAX match

i can get 30E tickets with my supporters card, but she is very short on money right now and we hate those ritzy titzy quiet sections anyway

anything at either end of the top ring (412-414, 427-429) is just fine! i'm willing to give face value + 20%

if you can't go sunday, send me a PM! bedankt!
Having trouble getting a pm through to you.

I am not over this Sunday - so Sara can have my seat in vak425. Menno or Micha has the card.

Not worried about the money for myself - just give a donation of your choice to a good favourite charity.

Enjoy (I hope)

Plaats reactie