Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 1:04 pm

philippe schreef:Obviously seeling Babel instead and keeping Rosenberg would be a more sensible option, unless our goal is to make money rather than strengthening our squad.
This is untrue. Babel's market price is much higher than Rosenberg's at the moment.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di nov 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Ok, I can not understand why we should sell Ronsenberg then.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di nov 07, 2006 2:50 pm

Any idea how much Ajax is asking?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di nov 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Swedish media quotes it at 60 MSEK, which is about 6.5 MEUR.

A very decent price should it be true, and a net profit of about 2-3 MEUR if I don't recall the price we paid for him incorrectly.

Still, I find the interest (and price) very strange.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di nov 07, 2006 6:03 pm

philippe schreef:Ok, I can not understand why we should sell Ronsenberg then.
Because he's (almost) utter crap in the Ajax system and rarely plays, whereas Babel has done well this season and seems to be adapting reasonably well to life as a leftwinger.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di nov 07, 2006 6:43 pm

Per schreef:Swedish media quotes it at 60 MSEK, which is about 6.5 MEUR.

A very decent price should it be true, and a net profit of about 2-3 MEUR if I don't recall the price we paid for him incorrectly.

Still, I find the interest (and price) very strange.
Take the money and run. If someone is seriously offering that money, don't ask any questions. That's what I say.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 7:09 pm

I don't think Rosenberg is a crap footballer and I don't think he failed in the Ajax system, either. He was pretty damn good in the second half of last season. Scored something like nine games in a row and started to play seriously well towards the play-offs. I've rarely been as impressed with Babel on the left wing.

Having said that: there seems to be no future for Rosenberg, so perhaps it's his time. I hope this thing will happen, especially for him ('cos I really like him as a person; very cool).

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 07, 2006 7:38 pm

He is not playing at the moment but Babel wants out, probably not going until the summer ,but a good offer for Babel in Jan should be accepted.That leaves KJH who is rumoured to be wanted by Moan U in the winter but not likely to be sold before next summer.

Point I am making we have in effect 3 strikers and if Rosenberg is sold in January we have 2 left one who wants out and the other being looked at by rich clubs in bigger leagues.

We are going to have to buy another striker to replace Rosenberg and will we find anyone better in Jan!!!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo nov 08, 2006 9:25 am

Thomas schreef:
Because he's (almost) utter crap in the Ajax system and rarely plays, whereas Babel has done well this season and seems to be adapting reasonably well to life as a leftwinger.
no, can't agree, Rosenberg did very well at the end of last season, on the left together with KJH in the center,

and Babel was not very convincing as a left winger so far,

so apart from thinking the man in charge is always right, can't find a goood reason

or is it that Perez has become our basis left winger ?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo nov 08, 2006 2:58 pm

Rosenberg is too good to be only reserve player, but he's not good enough to play on his favourite position (we have KJH there). I think he wans't so bad on the left wing, but we all know that he's not typical winger... Now we have fit Perez, Babel and Mitea, so Marcus doesn't have a place in first eleven.

A transfer to Lyon is not the best solution. I'm afraid he will change a bench on a bench, but for the bigger salary. In my opinion it will be better to loan him to one of the clubs from the bottom of the table, but with an option to re-call him, when one of our first squad players will be out for a few weeks.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo nov 08, 2006 5:56 pm

philippe schreef:
Thomas schreef:
no, can't agree, Rosenberg did very well at the end of last season, on the left together with KJH in the center,

so apart from thinking the man in charge is always right, can't find a goood reason

All I can say is that there is a difference between scoring goals and playing well. Rosenberg rarely did the latter.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo nov 08, 2006 6:25 pm

Thomas schreef:
philippe schreef:
Thomas schreef:

All I can say is that there is a difference between scoring goals and playing well. Rosenberg rarely did the latter.
If you can't have both, I'd rather have a forward that scores than plays well. Leave that to the other 10. =)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo nov 08, 2006 6:27 pm

But you can have both. Besides, a leftwinger's primary job is not to score. And let's not forget that Rosenberg has rarely scored as a central attacker. Most of his goals came from the space he had on the left wing.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do nov 09, 2006 3:56 pm

Long time since I wrote anything here. It's about time now then. :yes:

Swedish press (Expressen) today reports that Ajax are willing to sell Rosenberg and that the expected transfer sum would be around 5 million.

I agree, by the way, that loaning him would be a good option. But I'm not sure he wants to be loaned out to a Dutch mid-table team.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do nov 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Loaning him would be awfull. That would mean the team would have the time to find out he is not worth the money they would have offered.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do nov 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Bertje schreef:Loaning him would be awfull. That would mean the team would have the time to find out he is not worth the money they would have offered.
...or he'd score like a mad man, making him worth much more than he is today.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do nov 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Unlikely.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr nov 10, 2006 2:33 am

After today's cup game I really think his day's as an ajacied are counted, he will leave in the next transfer window. To bad for him i dont think he has played that poorly but then again thats just life in football.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aeckersand

Bericht door aeckersand » di nov 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Bertje schreef:Unlikely.
But then again that was how Malmö earned 5 million on him. They lent him to Halmstad. He scored 14 times in half a season and Ajax decided to buy him from Malmö even though the first half of the season on his return left quite a lot to ask for.

Anyway. I would also sell him. Apparently he is not wanted in Ajax except as backup. Then it's better for all parties to move on, and the longer it takes the less money Ajax will get.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 15, 2006 1:06 am

He's fucked, really.

And I must say: he was very poor against PSV as a sub...

It's over for him. And don't get me wrong: I like the boy.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo nov 15, 2006 9:41 am

He played only 15 minutes, did not play poorer than Huntelaar (so it might have to do with the opponent) and Rosenberg did win his only headingduel, where Huntelaar lost all. Not to mention the fact that all Ajax did in the time Rosenberg played was kick and rush (and no, Rosenberg is not the one who made us chosse that type of game)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Rosenberg on his way out...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 04, 2007 5:28 pm

According to Sportweek magazine Markus Rosenberg has been told that he can look out for a new club. The article says that the Swede has been deemed 'not good enough' by the coaching staff. They made that conclusion public after Rosenberg's dramatically poor performance as a sub against NEC.

According to Swedish newspaper AS one of the clubs interested in Rosenberg is... PSV. They reportedly offered Ajax a fee of 3 million euros, but Ajax want to receive twice as much. According to AS Olympique Lyon, Levante, Espanyol, Parma, Hamburger SV, Roda JC and Feyenoord have also shown interest at some point. Ajax, meanwhile, claim that there is no serious interest whatsoever at the moment.

We'll see what happens. It's a shame. I like the guy, but this had become pretty much inevitable, I guess...

K.
Still alive...

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » do jan 04, 2007 7:28 pm

Why do you like him, Ko? He scored some goals, but he lacks the ability to perform at the '9'. As a leftwinger he has scored some goals, but for now it's Babeltime. In our system there is no room for a player such as Rosenberg. He would do well in a 4-4-2 system within a team which leans on the counterattack.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jan 04, 2007 9:32 pm

Peter said:
Why do you like him, Ko? He scored some goals, but he lacks the ability to perform at the '9'. As a leftwinger he has scored some goals, but for now it's Babeltime. In our system there is no room for a player such as Rosenberg. He would do well in a 4-4-2 system within a team which leans on the counterattack.

Look right, he was good, he scored 12 goals in his first season, and he did well to try and adapt to the ajax system albeit in a different position. I wish him all the best for the future and hope for success in his life.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » do jan 04, 2007 9:36 pm

There is more to Ajax than the 4-3-3 system. Much, much more.
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Gesloten