Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 26, 2007 4:59 pm

A fee????????????????

They bought him for nothing, in fact I do not think anyone has paid money for him? We lose him on a Bosman and 10 years later we have to pay for him !!!

He is nearly 34 and has 5 months left on his Spurs contract I believe.

Having paid £2m for Stam , why are Ajax the only club in the world who have to pay money for 34 year olds????

That is a serious question ??

I do actual think it would be a good short term signing .

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Spurs are a business, they'll want a fee, but of course Ajax don't want to pay one.

This is probably why Ajax waited until so late in the transfer window to go after Davids. If Spurs don't sell him now, the window will close and he'll go in the summer for nothing anyway. The Ajax negotiators are hopefully reminding Spurs about this at the moment, and Spurs will realise that if they get rid of him for nothing now, at least they'll be shot of five months salary.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jan 27, 2007 1:56 pm

According to "Pilka Nozna", former Ajacied - Nourdin Boukhari - will be loaned from Nantes to AZ Alkmaar at least to the end of this season.

Ouroboros

Bericht door Ouroboros » za jan 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Even for Nantes Boukhari wasn't good enough. Nuff said.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jan 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Ouroboros schreef:Even for Nantes Boukhari wasn't good enough. Nuff said.
I start to wonder if it is a sign that Ajax is getting worse... I really don't remember who was the last player who left us for a big club. Was it Kluivert? In the past our players were the stars in the best european leagues. Now Ajaciedens' new clubs are teams from european 2nd division - Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, HSV, Nantes. And our boys are not on the top even in that kind of clubs...

Ouroboros

Bericht door Ouroboros » za jan 27, 2007 6:44 pm

Good observation, AsgAarD_xxx. If you mean players from the youth-academy? yes, i think so. But players like Zlatan, Chivu, Maxwell were topnotch and went to a big cub in Italy.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 27, 2007 11:11 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:
I start to wonder if it is a sign that Ajax is getting worse...
Do you mean, more of a sign than the fact that our club hasn't won the league or done dick in Europe for the last three years?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jan 28, 2007 12:13 am

The last Ajax youth product going to a "major" club? Andy van der Meyde was flogged to Inter for 6.5 million.

Inter still haven't forgiven us.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo jan 28, 2007 4:39 am

bryan schreef:
Inter still haven't forgiven us.
That's hardly a bad thing. ;)
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 28, 2007 5:04 pm

Plenty of former players making the transfer news on old boys.

Man City want Tim De Cler and Mido.

Turning to obscure names but still players who went through our great youth system AZ have signed Boy Waterman on loan and even more obscure West Brom have signed on loan AGOVV Apeldoorn's Sherjill Mac Donald.

I remember these 2 leaving our youth system about 2002 as 16/ 17 year olds
Mac Donald went to Anderlect came back to Heracles and now with AGOVV.
Both played for Holland u21's this season.

Here endeth to todays obscure( useless!!!) info from me.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo jan 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Anybody got a clip of Shota's goal yesterday for AZ?

I wish we'd signed him again.

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » zo jan 28, 2007 11:30 pm

Anybody got a clip of Shota's goal yesterday for AZ?

Setanta Sports - Eredivise highlight show Wed/31 - 1pm
or YouTube.com
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 04, 2007 11:39 pm

A while ago Voetbal International had a big interview with Angelos Charisteas and one of the things he said was that Feyenoord is a 'warmer club' than Ajax. He thought Ajax was 'cold'.

Don't get me wrong: he's got the right to say that and I haven't played for Ajax or Feyenoord, so I don't know whether he's got a point or not. Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

In general, however, I am a bit fed up with this type of bollocks, because 99% of it is opportunistic, hypocrite footballers' bullshit.

Tom Soetaers, Wesley Sonck and Victor Sikora are constantly moaning about Ajax in their interviews: cold, unpersonal, etcetera, etcetera. Meanwhile, Cristian Chivu, Andy van der Meyde and Shota Arveladze say in their interviews that the one thing they miss is the warm 'family atmosphere' of Ajax (and all of these people played for Ajax after the move to the ArenA). Chivu said things like: "At Ajax everybody seems genuinely interested in you, from the laundry ladies to the office people. You could have a quick chat with almost everybody. I miss that. You don't get that over here in Rome." Andy van der Meyde misses the Sinterklaas celebrations with the team. And Shota Arveladze says that AZ is great, but that Ajax is still the club of his heart - and that his years in Amsterdam were 'something special'.

So, who is speaking the 'truth' and who's 'lying'? Gimme a break!

Could it have something to do with the fact that Soetaers, Sonck and Sikora never made it at Ajax and left through the backdoor, whereas Chivu, Van der Meyde and Arveladze left the club as heroes and fan favourites?

It really is that simple - and I hate that about footballers. Look at Rafaël van der Vaart: when he first arrived in Hamburg he was absolutely raving about HSV. The club, the people, the fans, the city... he loved everything about it and it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Meanwhile, he was the absolute superstar of the Bundesliga and HSV qualified for Europe. But then he briefly lost his spot in the team... and he was immediately moaning in the press, saying that he felt unhappy and was thinking about leaving. Yeah, right. That's how deep the love (or even appreciation) of the average football player really is. As long as things go their way, they think it's a great club. As soon as it goes wrong for them, it's suddenly a shit club with a cold atmosphere.

Sometimes it feels like it's better to not listen to them at all. Ignore the good and the bad stories, because they're all unreliable.

Sometimes a footballer will say something that I can take seriously. Sander Boschker was Ajax's reserve goalkeeper for one season and he never saw one minute of first team action. In an interview he said something like: "Sportively it's been a major disappointment and Twente will always be my club, but I have to say: I went to Amsterdam with loads of your typical 'provincial' prejudice, but most of it is simply untrue. To me, the club never felt arrogant and most definitely not 'cold'. The atmosphere within the club is pretty unique in its own way. And the players are young lads, just like at Twente. More mouthy, more streetwise, but at the end of the day: ordinary, young kids. My opinion about Ajax has really changed."

I could also believe reasonable negative comments from a player who totally made it at Ajax, but is critical nonetheless. 99% of footballers, however, are egocentric and incapable of making a fair analysis or looking beyond their own interests.

Just a point I wanted to make. Thanks for listening. ;)

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma feb 05, 2007 1:22 am

Great post, Ko. It is kind of disappointing because I always thought Charisteas was a decent fellow. Then again, it could also be a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing -- maybe the vibe at 010 just suits him better. No shame in that.

In any event, my impression of the club, when I was there for the Ajax USA reunion, was that it was anything but cold. I thought it had a wonderful family type feel to it.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma feb 05, 2007 1:11 pm

What do you expect? Theyre footballers! Not that they can think much..
Get a Cock

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr feb 09, 2007 8:39 am

Wesley Sonck has been relegated to Moenchengladbach's reserves after a fight with his team-mate Kahe on a training. Borussia's coach said that he always picks the best TEAM, not the best PLAYERS, so Sonck won't play in the nearest games.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr feb 23, 2007 11:21 am

:X

I think he was too good for Nantes now on their way to the second division. And he seems to be good enough for AZ, and scores crucial goals in the UEFA ...
Appie, stay strong !

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr feb 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Exactly. The same goes for Wilhelmsson, "not good enough" at Nantes but good enough to play CL with Roma. ;) Strange club...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mar 01, 2007 9:21 am

Boukhari scored both AZ goals yesterday. Not bad :xyxthumbs:
Appie, stay strong !

Goody

Bericht door Goody » do mar 01, 2007 10:53 am

For some odd reason, the name Wamberto just popped into my head. Where did he go post-Ajax?
Every disadvantage has its advantage.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do mar 01, 2007 11:00 am

"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 01, 2007 12:43 pm

philippe schreef:Boukhari scored both AZ goals yesterday. Not bad :xyxthumbs:
He looks like a bloody fine player at AZ. He just tried too hard at Ajax - always he tried to find the perfect solution which you just can't do , but at AZ he just plays what is in front of him. Keeping it simple is the key to his good form for AZ. :xyxthumbs:

PS: his 2 goals v's Utrecht were top notch as was his goal at Fenerbache. :yes: .... had a good laugh at him pissing of the Thugrecht fans with his celebratory dance following his first goal X'D

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » zo mar 04, 2007 2:20 pm

I don't remember seeing this being posted before, but an old Ajacied and a personal favorite Ole Tobiasen has signed with MVV. The deal is for ½ a year with an option for further 2 years. He last played for a Norwegian outfit. Ole's wife is expecting their second child, and therefore he reportedly opted for the comfort of familiar surrounding rather than accept offers from Spain, Asia and Cypress (!). I couldn't find the story in English, but here it is in dutch:

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/conte ... /sc=025db9

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 12, 2007 11:49 am

Markus Rosenberg scored his first goal for Werder Bremen this weekend, and it was an important one: Werder Bremen were 1-0 down in the top encounter with Bayern München at the Allianz Arena. Rosenberg equalized from close range, thereby putting the final score of 1-1 on the boards.

He's not a starter for them, by the way. He came on as a sub and scored almost immediately.

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » ma mar 12, 2007 12:52 pm

That ball would have gone in even if he hadn't touched it, and in fact I'm not even sure he knew he was going to touch it, because it just bounced in of his head without him looking at it.

But it's nice for him anyway.

Plaats reactie