Young Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do dec 07, 2006 5:55 pm

I do keep a note of who plays in the reserves and would point out that most of last nights team are not reserve regulars.

Out of 11 league games Vermeer has only played 5,Boerrigter Lewis Goosens and Huisman have all played about half the games mainly as subs.

Wormgoor VD Weil, Vd Heijden are youths in the A1 with about 2 appearances each for the reserves.

Of last nights team only Timisela and Yildrim are regulars. For the record the other regulars are Slinjard and Vertoghen in defence . K-Dehli, Anita and Sarpong are the midfielders. Martina and Poepon up front with Manucharyan playing about 6 games.

Just pointing out that about 7/8 regular reserves were not involved so we cannot really judge our reserves on last night.

PS I make no apologies for being a bit of a stats buff. My main love is cricket and that sport has more stats than all the other main sports put together.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr dec 08, 2006 4:23 pm

SPL schreef:PS I make no apologies for being a bit of a stats buff. My main love is cricket and that sport has more stats than all the other main sports put together.
I think baseball is right up there.

Not a good time to be an English cricket fan, eh?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 09, 2006 12:23 am

No it is not a good time to be an English cricket fan as Australia are beating us.

For those who know nothing about cricket England v Australia at Cricket is a hugh event and has been going on for 130 years.

I had better get back to football or I will be told off.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za dec 09, 2006 12:35 am

SPL schreef:No it is not a good time to be an English cricket fan as Australia are beating us.

For those who know nothing about cricket England v Australia at Cricket is a hugh event and has been going on for 130 years.

I never did understand Cricket. At least in Football you win a silver cup, in Criket it's some burnt stuff ;) :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za dec 09, 2006 7:16 am

SPL schreef:No it is not a good time to be an English cricket fan as Australia are beating us.

SPL - Probably the wrong forum to keep this going but hang in there...you only need a draw/tie and 2 wins in the last 3 tests to retain the ashes... :D

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo dec 10, 2006 6:14 pm

I'm a bit unusual for an American in that I love cricket. I used to live in Barbados, and would spend weekends sitting with a book underneath a tree near my local cricket ground (the Wanderers Club, if anyone is wondering) and watch matches.

Checked out a couple of Test matches at Kensington Oval, great times.

It is too bad that the West Indies are far from their glory years, but the seem to be making strides these days.

Anyway, back on topic, I understand Charlie Davies is still on trial w/Jong Ajax. Hope they pick him up. Apparently he has some potential.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

RosenbergSpits

Bericht door RosenbergSpits » di dec 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Anyway, back on topic, I understand Charlie Davies is still on trial w/Jong Ajax. Hope they pick him up. Apparently he has some potential.
Well he was the only one left, together with the Croatien mid-fielder...

Although he didn't scored in the match against Young Haarlem (1-1, Manucharyan and the striker of haarlem)

Des Keizers Schaar

Bericht door Des Keizers Schaar » di dec 12, 2006 11:01 pm

It wasn't the Croatien midfielder,RosenbergSpits.It was Stio Lopez from Portugal.Can you tell me something about de trail players?How did they do it this week?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Young Utrecht - Young Ajax: 1-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr feb 02, 2007 9:28 am

It's been a while, so I guess it's time for a Young Ajax update...

Last night they played their away game at Young FC Utrecht in the Beloftencompetitie, a game that was called of due to heavy storm and rainfall. The final score was 1-1. Young Ajax had the lead for a long time (goal from John Goossens), but Utrecht equalized in the last minute.

This is a bit unfortunate (and also a bit daft). Last week, in the home game against Young Vitesse, the same thing happened. Young Ajax were 2-1 up and wasted a gazillion chances, after which Vitesse equalized in stoppage time. Precious points.

Anyway, this was the line-up:

Verduin; Yildirim (35. Sarpong), Van der Wiel, Timisela, Sterk; Anita, De Jong, Van der Heijden; Martina, Tayeb (63. Hasselbaink), Goossens.

And the league table now is as follows:

1. Heerenveen: 15-37
2. Utrecht: 16-29
3. AZ: 16-26
4. Twente: 15-24
5. PSV: 16-24
6. Ajax: 16-24
7. RKC Waalwijk: 15-23
8. Groningen: 15-22
9. Sparta: 16-22
10. NEC: 16-19
11. Vitesse: 13-14
12. Willem II: 16-14
13. Feyenoord: 15-12
14. Heracles: 16-6

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Sparta: 4-0

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 13, 2007 4:46 pm

Solid win for Young Ajax: 4-0 over Young Sparta Rotterdam at De Toekomst.

There has been quite a lot of rain in the past few days, so the match was not played on 'pitch 1' of De Toekomst, but on the artificial pitch of Ajax's youth complex.

Roger, who has recovered from his injuries and has been in training for a week, played 45 minutes (the first half). Also in the starting line-up: right fullback Gregory van der Wiel, who is - as we speak - in Bremen with the first team. He has been added to the first squad due to George Ogararu's suspension and the injuries of Vermaelen, Emanuelson and Grygera.

The goals were scored by Edgar Manucharyan (29'), Stanton Lewis (31'), John Goossens (69') and once again Edgar Manucharyan (90').

"We didn't allow them any chances, but we didn't play well ourselves," said coach Aron Winter after the game.

The Young Ajax line-up: Van Duin; Van der Wiel (46. Timisela), Yildirim (70. Jong), Tayeb, Lewis; Sarpong, Sterk, Roger (46. Liesdek); Martina, Manucharyan, Goossens.

Standings in the Beloftencompetitie:

1. Heerenveen: 16-40
2. Utrecht: 16-29
3. Ajax: 17-27
4. AZ: 16-26
5. Groningen: 16-25
6. Twente: 15-24
7. p$v: 17-24
8. RKC Waalwijk: 15-23
9. Sparta: 17-22
10. NEC: 16-19
11. Vitesse: 14-14
12. Willem II: 16-14
13. f*$%#nerd: 15-12 X'D
14. Heracles: 16-6

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Re: Young Ajax - Young Sparta: 4-0

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
There has been quite a lot of rain in the past few days,
K.
You can say that again :D . I think it's about 280 odd miles between London and Amsterdam but we're definately sharing the same raincloud - a lot of games called off here at the weekend.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za feb 24, 2007 11:38 pm

According to eredivisie.pl Ajax's board want our reserve team to play in Jupiler League instead of reserve teams competition. Winter and van den Brom say that the young players from Ajax would develop faster when they would have a chance to play against professional and experienced players.

The idea is very good, but I don't know if it's possible...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 25, 2007 3:31 am

Holland should make the junior leagues more professional like in Spain, where the likes of Barcelona B or Madrid B can even end up in La Liga.

It'll be more competitive, get the youth developing, and bring more talent.
Get a Cock

Frans

Bericht door Frans » zo feb 25, 2007 8:20 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:According to eredivisie.pl Ajax's board want our reserve team to play in Jupiler League instead of reserve teams competition. Winter and van den Brom say that the young players from Ajax would develop faster when they would have a chance to play against professional and experienced players.

The idea is very good, but I don't know if it's possible...
They might have more support if the team was actually winning the reserves league.

Amol

Football: AC Milan, Barca, MU for youth meet

Bericht door Amol » za mar 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Found this here - http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

By ERIC SAMUEL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will play host to 14 top world club sides in the Champions Youth Cup tournament from Aug 5-19.

The unprecedented football extravaganza will see youth teams from AC Milan, Ajax Amsterdam, Arsenal, Boca Juniors, Chelsea, Flamengo, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto, Internazionale, Juventus, Manchester United, Paris St Germain and PSV Eindhoven plus teams from Qatar and hosts Malaysia.

Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Azalina Othman said they made a bid to stage the event at a cost of £2.5mil (RM17mil).

“This is a one-year programme and we have the option to renew it,” said Azalina after the launch of the event here yesterday.

She said the event supported by the Tourism Ministry and backed by the FA of Malaysia (FAM) was being held in conjunction with the Visit Malaysia 2007.

Four groups of four teams will play round-robin matches in Alor Star, Kuantan, Malacca and Kuching with the knockout stage scheduled in Kuala Lumpur and the final at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil on Aug 19.

Jonathan Price, chairman of the UK-based Gifted Group Limited, which is the exclusive commercial representative for the G14, said the Under-19 tournament would bring together the next generation of football stars.

“It is going to be a two-week football festival involving the world's greatest clubs and their upcoming stars,” said Price.

He said Franz Beckenbauer (Bayern Munich), Johan Cruyff (Ajax) and Zico (Flamengo) came through the ranks of these clubs to become legends and Ryan Giggs of Manchester United, Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal are icons that carry on that tradition today.

He said they have yet to decide on the ticket prices but promised it would be affordable.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mar 25, 2007 2:10 pm

It will interesting to see how our u19's will compare in this tourny.

Our reserves drew o-o at PSV on Thursday. Versy strange they arranged it for a week with internationals as many regualrs wee unavailable.

Team listed

Gentenaar

Yildrim Wormgoor Lindenbergh Liesdek

Keizer Donald De Jong

Tayeb Lewis Mitea

Only sub mentioned Schell ( a 17 year old)

Ajax recently announced a list of young players being released and Keizer
and Tayeb are not getting contract renewals and Liesdek, an A1 player
is not getting a contract and will leave. De Jong is evidently only just 18 and an A1 player.

Heerenveen are leading the table easily with Ajax 3rd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm

Reserves beat Groningen reserves last night 2-0

Listed team on official site

Gentenaar
Yildrim Timisela Sterk Liesdek

Keizer(Wormgoor)Manuchayran Tayeb

Martina Lewis(Donald) Mitea(Hasselbaink)

Tayeb and Martina scored.

NB I commented last post that Liesdek is an A1 player who is listed as being released without a contract.He has now played 3 reserve games in a row!!!!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Young Ajax - Young Twente: 4-1

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 17, 2007 8:37 am

Young Ajax booked an excellent win over Young Twente at De Toekomst yesterday evening: 4-1. Twente were the #4 on the table before the game. They have now dropped to #5. Young Ajax are 3rd, but may still leapfrog Young Utrecht and finish 2nd. The title, however, has been out of Young Ajax's reach throughout the season (they were never really in the race, although they recovered quite well from a terrible start of the season). Young Heerenveen clinched the title yesterday evening: they beat Young NEC (2-1), while runners-up Young Utrecht dropped two points at Young Vitesse (0-0).

Yesterday evening's goals at De Toekomst:

10' 0-1 Wout Brama
30' 1-1 Robert Oonk (own goal)
41' 2-1 Javier Martina
64' 3-1 John Goossens
80' 4-1 Dionitio Liesdek

The line-up is not listed on Ajax.nl, but there are some nice pictures of the game:
http://www.ajax.nl/web/show/id=154417/contentid=62494

The table in the Beloftencompetitie after 23 games (3 matches to go):

1. Young SC Heerenveen: 23-51 (champions)
2. Young FC Utrecht: 23-41
3. Young AJAX: 23-40
4. Young PSV: 23-35
5. Young FC Twente: 23-35
6. Young FC Groningen: 23-34
7. Young AZ: 23-32
8. Young Sparta Rotterdam: 23-30
9. Young RKC Waalwijk: 23-30
10. Young Vitesse: 23-27
11. Young NEC: 23-24
12. Young Willem II: 23-24
13. Young feyenoord: 23-22 :D
14. Young Heracles Almelo: 23-18

(For those who want to know: I do not know how many teams will get relegated from the Beloftencompetitie. Would be interesting to know if the number 13 will go down... :hypocrite: )

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 17, 2007 7:10 pm

Showtime nearly always list the reserve teams.(Official site does give full details of the team but sometimes not for a few days)

Vermeer
Yildrim Huisman Timisela Liesdek
Sarpong Keizer Anita
Martina Tayeb Goossens.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Re: Young Ajax - Young Twente: 4-1

Bericht door Cedric » ma apr 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: Would be interesting to know if the number 13 will go down... :hypocrite: )

K.
I think it will if I translate well. Thanks to the 2-0 defeat of Young Ajax tonight against Willem II, Jong Feyenoord is now 5 points behind NEC, with 2 games left. Ajax Netwerk seem to be pretty worried for them... :D

Edit : line-up :
Vermeer;
Yildirim (59. Lewis), Timisela, Huisman (40. De Jong), Liesdek;
Anita, Sterk (78. Donald), Keizer;
Martina, Tayeb, Goossens.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 24, 2007 11:37 am

*LOL* Brilliant.

Young f-word: good luck against Young TOP Oss and Young Veendam next season!

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma apr 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I have a question regarding Ajax that will (I reckon) reflect on our current situation and our stumble in the race to the title :

How come the products of Young Ajax have been so mediocre recently?

I mean, aside from Emmanuelson and Maduro, where are the top-notch players? The ones that can actually shine on all levels, the ones that can beat their opponent and bring quality to the team. I remember the times where the team was like 50%+ former Young Ajax players and the only effect on the results was actually a huge boost.... Has our academy gotten bad or what??
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma apr 30, 2007 10:29 pm

carcajou schreef:I have a question regarding Ajax that will (I reckon) reflect on our current situation and our stumble in the race to the title :

I mean, aside from Emmanuelson and Maduro, where are the top-notch players? The ones that can actually shine on all levels, the ones that can beat their opponent and bring quality to the team. I remember the times where the team was like 50%+ former Young Ajax players and the only effect on the results was actually a huge boost.... Has our academy gotten bad or what??
Good point...very good point.

We seemed to have produced a few "true" talents, but in general some of these guys are nothing to write home about.

Is it more of a case that our youth have been in mediocre teams and haven't had the players around them to blossom properly? Or that they are just, well average?

Possibly the other issue is that the players leave before they can actually get to their best. van der vaart being an example.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di mei 01, 2007 1:31 am

carcajou schreef:I have a question regarding Ajax that will (I reckon) reflect on our current situation and our stumble in the race to the title :

Yeah, the academy has barely produced any international players for the current squad. besides Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Vermaelen, Emanuelson, Maduro, Sneijder, Babel, Davids. What a shitty output. They should get their act together

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 01, 2007 6:07 am

I don't see the point at all...

Ajax play six or seven Dutch players every game, at least. And almost all of these guys are from the youth system. Most of them are in the national team, too.

Previous crop? Van der Vaart, Van de Meyde, De Jong - and a few others. They were better at Ajax than they are now, but that's not unusual.

But I wouldn't say the youth system doesn't deliver...

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten