General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mei 15, 2007 10:41 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
As to the playoffs - we still have the Mighty Blackpool to follow as the won the semi-final first leg away at Oldham 2-1.
Yeahhh :headbang.gif: , You got in there first.

I'm down in Sunny (not - it's like a monsoon down here) Brighton all week with my trade union conference so managed to miss this one even though it was live on Sky TV as I couldn't find a pub that was showing it!

Great result though and I caught the first half live on the radio. Blackpool v Nottingham Forest at Wembley (please!) is very enticing.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

elliquido

Bericht door elliquido » di mei 15, 2007 11:18 pm

derby beat southhampton on penalty's

tonight 2-3
agg 4-4

penaltys 4-3
NOOIT meer Seedorf a.u.b.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr mei 18, 2007 8:44 am

Feyenoord have confirmed that they have begun talks with Co Adriaanse about the possibility of succeeding Erwin Koeman, who stepped down two weeks ago, as coach. Adriaanse quit his post at Ukrainian club FC Metalurh Donetsk today

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr mei 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Van basten schreef:Feyenoord have confirmed that they have begun talks with Co Adriaanse about the possibility of succeeding Erwin Koeman, who stepped down two weeks ago, as coach. Adriaanse quit his post at Ukrainian club FC Metalurh Donetsk today
This is bad news - Co is a great coach and will in all probability turn this ailing club around.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mei 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Van basten schreef:Feyenoord have confirmed that they have begun talks with Co Adriaanse about the possibility of succeeding Erwin Koeman, who stepped down two weeks ago, as coach. Adriaanse quit his post at Ukrainian club FC Metalurh Donetsk today
This is bad news - Co is a great coach and will in all probability turn this ailing club around.
It is going to take a long time to do that, imo.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mei 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Exactly. You need the staff, players and even money. Stuff Feyenoord don't have, so it will take at least two seasons before theyre the Feyenoord of a few seasons ago.
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mei 18, 2007 6:41 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Exactly. You need the staff, players and even money. Stuff Feyenoord don't have, so it will take at least two seasons before theyre the Feyenoord of a few seasons ago.
It would help if their youth team was in the beloftencompetitie top flight. :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxsmiley.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mei 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm sure he will leave no stone unturned in his quest for hidden talent.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 27, 2007 8:38 am

Well, the Ajax game is live on Setanta but I won't be watching till later on.

Got my ticket for Wembley and the 'pool are in action against Yeovil Town on course for our first promotion to D2 level since 1978.

If anyone feels like playing along the game is on Sky Sports 2 at 3pm.

Come On You 'Pool

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 27, 2007 8:07 pm

:onfire.gif: :hupajax.gif: :onfire.gif: Yeovil Town 0 Blackpool FC 2 :hupajax.gif:

Really impressed with the new Wembley Stadium, a total top class venue and a total top class performance from Blackpool to take us up to D2 level for the first time since 1978 - absolutely excellent day.

I had the Ajax game taped so was avoiding the score to watch it later but for the first time ever Sky Sports News showed the score when I got in and switched on the Wembley highlights.

I'll watch later without needing to bite my nails anyway - what a day :headbang.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo mei 27, 2007 8:17 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef::onfire.gif: :hupajax.gif: :onfire.gif: Yeovil Town 0 Blackpool FC 2 :hupajax.gif:

Really impressed with the new Wembley Stadium, a total top class venue and a total top class performance from Blackpool to take us up to D2 level for the first time since 1978 - absolutely excellent day.

I had the Ajax game taped so was avoiding the score to watch it later but for the first time ever Sky Sports News showed the score when I got in and switched on the Wembley highlights.

I'll watch later without needing to bite my nails anyway - what a day :headbang.gif:
Afbeelding Afbeelding Afbeelding
Edited to add:

This is my 1000th post!!!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo mei 27, 2007 8:21 pm

aveslacker schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef::onfire.gif: :hupajax.gif: :onfire.gif: Yeovil Town 0 Blackpool FC 2 :hupajax.gif:

Edited to add:

This is my 1000th post!!!
Cheers, did they show it on Fox Sports in the US? Apparently I'm on the TV, though I haven't seen it yet.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 28, 2007 10:14 pm

They showed it on Setanta. I watched a few minutes; would've recorded it if I knew that you were up in the crowd. Not that I know what you look like... :ajaxsmiley.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » ma mei 28, 2007 10:25 pm

Congratulations SE6,guess Selhurst will be graced with your presence next season.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma mei 28, 2007 10:51 pm

aveslacker schreef:They showed it on Setanta. I watched a few minutes; would've recorded it if I knew that you were up in the crowd. Not that I know what you look like... :ajaxsmiley.gif:
lol, well you'ed probably guess if the picture was clear enough. I'm the one in the NL Oranje tracksuit top (as in Blackpool Tangerine) and the Ajax hat as well as my BFC shirt.......

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma mei 28, 2007 10:52 pm

English Eagle schreef:Congratulations SE6,guess Selhurst will be graced with your presence next season.
Yeah, I think I might just make it. Perhaps we should do an Ajax theme day so that we can wave to each other in the crowd. I'll see if OPH wants to join in....

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mei 29, 2007 11:53 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
English Eagle schreef:Congratulations SE6,guess Selhurst will be graced with your presence next season.
Yeah, I think I might just make it. Perhaps we should do an Ajax theme day so that we can wave to each other in the crowd. I'll see if OPH wants to join in....
Sounds great idea to me :yourock.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » di mei 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Sounds a great idea,will have to sort things out nearer to the time.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mei 30, 2007 11:14 am

Well done to the tangerine team... :headbang.gif:

I had a soft spot for Yeovil after the knocked out Nottingham Fword.... but hey, now they can do it again next year... :drecul.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo mei 30, 2007 7:25 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Well done to the tangerine team... :headbang.gif:

I had a soft spot for Yeovil after the knocked out Nottingham Fword.... but hey, now they can do it again next year... :drecul.gif:
cheers MP, I was actually really happy that they did too but for different reasons. I just had a feeling that if we played Forest, they would "do a Man City" (as in the play-off final against Gillingham a few years back) and we would end up broken hearted.

We totally outplayed Yeovil though. Biggest laugh was their club song which sounds like it's sung by "the Worzels" (perhaps it is??).

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr jun 01, 2007 11:31 pm

Great Video this - really captures the atmosphere on the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2veUJviUEng

I'm just out of shot, in the next tier up, somewhere over to the left in the corner......

mkkid

Guys

Bericht door mkkid » zo jun 17, 2007 9:59 am

When are the new fixtures out!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Sad to see Real Madrid win as I am very anti Beckham. In any other league in the world Barca would be champions due to goal difference. In Spain it is the head to head results between the teams. My son and I actual think this is probably the fairest way to decide a title ie Real did win and draw v Barca.

I think it would have been good for us this season 5-2 overall v PSV !!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jun 18, 2007 2:17 pm

SPL schreef:Sad to see Real Madrid win as I am very anti Beckham. In any other league in the world Barca would be champions due to goal difference. In Spain it is the head to head results between the teams. My son and I actual think this is probably the fairest way to decide a title ie Real did win and draw v Barca.

I think it would have been good for us this season 5-2 overall v PSV !!
Why do you hate Beckham? He's a very underrated player imo (surprising, considering how much hype he generates), and England would be lost w/out him.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Why do I dislike Beckham. The most overrated player I have seen in 45 years of watching football. Great right foot at crossing and thats it. Cannot tackle, head use his left foot.He is a very good player but not great as the English press insist..

Mostly it is the hype. If you lived with our press you would understand.
A couple of good crosses end in goals v Estonia and he is the best player on the planet again.

Plus of course he spent most of his career with Man U .When very young in this country you either love or hate Man u. I hate them but not their goalie.
Even if he does play with the scum Edwin is still an Ajax legend.

Plaats reactie