Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 14, 2008 9:20 pm

DanK schreef:Note to English clubs, and for that matter any club except Ajax. Get stuffed and leave our players alone!.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 85,00.html

For once, I would love to hear something like this:
ManU - "Klaas, we think you are the best thing since the last player we spent too much money on"
KJH - "Thanks"
ManU - "We would like you to come and play for us".
KJH - "No thanks. I love Ajax and want to play here for another few years at least"
ManU - "Oh. Come on! You must be joking. We are the richest club in the world. And we promise, we wont destroy your career like we have so many other players".
KJH - "I don't want your dirty money. Please leave and dont come back for at least 3 years!"

Well, we can only hope. :ajaxscarf.gif:
Didn't KJH say something to that effect last summer, or perhaps last winter?

In any event, I still think he's going to wait until the summer to move.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 14, 2008 9:56 pm

aveslacker schreef:
DanK schreef:Note to English clubs, and for that matter any club except Ajax. Get stuffed and leave our players alone!.

ManU - "Klaas, we think you are the best thing since the last player we spent too much money on"
KJH - "Thanks"
KJH - "No thanks. I love Ajax and want to play here for another few years at least"
ManU - "Oh. Come on! You must be joking. We are the richest club in the world. And we promise, we wont destroy your career like we have so many other players".
KJH - "I don't want your dirty money. Please leave and dont come back for at least 3 years!"

...and I do hope he doesn't end up at Man Utd. Such a great player and I really like him bt might have to reconsider that if he went there (and no, that's not envy - just I don't like the arrogance from Fergie and some of his team)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Ajax won't sell. And Klaas doesn't want to leave in January.

We'll probably lose him in the summer, though.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma jan 14, 2008 10:57 pm

ozzerdibazio schreef:Dan K, Whose career's have Manchester United destroyed? Have you seen them play lately, or any off their other games over the last twenty odd years under Sir Alex Ferguson. Manchester United enrich players. Sir Alex has developed so many players over the years. It was a strange comment that you made.

If Jan Huntelaar joined Manchester United it would develop him as a player and test him. In an ideal world, of course all players would stay with Ajax, But if they perform to the highest level at a club who of late dont even compete in Europe, it is natural that they may leave for one of the most, if not the most competitive and star studded leagues in the world.

Slightly naive and envious to describe Manchester United in this way. Maybe you should come to Old Trafford and watch a game, maybe then you will see why Jan Huntelaar SHOULD join Manchester United as soon as possible. Just like any star in the Danish Superliga should come to Holland as soon as possible. It's the food chain. It's natural. Money is an excuse to have a go at it.
:) Exactly. I meant it tongue in cheek. I am very envious of Man Utd and the success they have had under Alex Ferguson.

Aussie sarcasm. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :)

I do think though destroyed was probably a harsh word, even jokingly. But there are a few players who Alex Ferguson probably could have treated better (Stam, van Nistelrooy, and Bosnic to name a few).

But you cant argue with the stats for Man U over the past 15 years or so.

Envious of the success? Sure. But I wouldn't trade supporting Ajax for them in a million years...
:ajaxscarf.gif:

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » di jan 15, 2008 6:29 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
aveslacker schreef:

KJH - "Thanks"

...and I do hope he doesn't end up at Man Utd. Such a great player and I really like him bt might have to reconsider that if he went there (and no, that's not envy - just I don't like the arrogance from Fergie and some of his team)
Well, Ajax has developed dozens of quality,top quality,world class players over the past 15 years. And all of them left at some point, for different reasons, but generally because they wanted a bigger club, a bigger challenge and of course bigger money. And something tells me Huntelaar will not be the first one to show endless love and devotion for Ajax and will move on in the summer. I will (surely)be left to wait for the Ajax guy that we make a star and he remains in Ajax, for his whole career, a guy is with the skill of Huntelaar, Sneijder, Van der Vaart and the devotion of Franceso Totti - a guy who really loves the club.

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » di jan 15, 2008 9:02 pm

No chance of that
the only players who are loyal are from big teams like Gerard , del piero ,
giggs maldini raul etc...
the best we can hope is a return at old age like with rijkaard and davids

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jan 15, 2008 9:47 pm

kraz11 schreef:No chance of that
the only players who are loyal are from big teams like Gerard , del piero ,
giggs maldini raul etc...
the best we can hope is a return at old age like with rijkaard and davids
I think it has more to do with competition/popularity/pay within the league rather than how big a team is. Ajax is one of the most successful and biggest clubs in the world (in terms of finances/following) are they not? Certainly within the top, say 30.

I think if the Eredivisie was on par with even the Bundesliga (let alone England or Spain) in terms of pay/popularity we could see this happen. Players want to leave the Netherlands because the best players are playing elsewhere, and I think they reach a point where they feel they have nothing left to prove or are not being challenged to become better, or as was said, to make more money. They have to go elsewhere for that competition and money because it isn't in the Netherlands now.

kraz11
Contacteer:

Bericht door kraz11 » wo jan 16, 2008 10:04 am

Sure...
big teams are in big leagues
and even a succesful in europe, big team from a small league like porto cant keep their players.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jan 18, 2008 9:15 am

I don't know if this is old news but Koeman is bringing Maduro to the soap opera, more commonly known as Valncia for 3€ mil. (4.5 year contract).

Only medical needed to confirm deal.

Source: De Telegraaf
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jan 18, 2008 2:09 pm

And now, it isofficial according to Valencia : http://217.116.5.146/noticias/prelimin. ... =Aleatorio

(or simply http://www.valenciacf.es if it doens't work)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr jan 18, 2008 2:55 pm

3 M€ does not seem a good price for Ajax,
anyways,
good luck to him, he is a nice guy and has been a very good Ajax player
Appie, stay strong !

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » vr jan 18, 2008 2:59 pm

philippe schreef:3 M€ does not seem a good price for Ajax,
anyways,
good luck to him, he is a nice guy and has been a very good Ajax player
3mln. seems very good price to me, it's definetly more than i expected to get for him

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 18, 2008 4:02 pm

2 years ago we only got 750k euros for De Jong so 3m euros is very good.

Had we sold him last summer I doubt whether we would have got much more for him as he had a poor season.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jan 18, 2008 4:12 pm

SPL schreef:2 years ago we only got 750k euros for De Jong so 3m euros is very good.

Had we sold him last summer I doubt whether we would have got much more for him as he had a poor season.
Agreed from the point of transfer value. I honestly think it would have been a bigger advantage for the club to keep him than maybe lose a million by selling him in the summer (unless he was going for free then, I don't recall his contract situation).

With all the injuries and problems in defense, I think he could have helped out. It really is about his time to go, though, if he wants to try and become a bigger player. He's had a bad year, but he was a good contributer for the last few years.

I wish him luck, but feel Ajax management is growing more and more incompetent each day that goes by where they aren't signing people to plug the holes in the back. That's nothing new I guess, though.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 18, 2008 5:02 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:
SPL schreef:2 years ago we only got 750k euros for De Jong so 3m euros is very good.

Agreed from the point of transfer value. I honestly think it would have been a bigger advantage for the club to keep him than maybe lose a million by selling him in the summer (unless he was going for free then, I don't recall his contract situation).

With all the injuries and problems in defense, I think he could have helped out. It really is about his time to go, though, if he wants to try and become a bigger player. He's had a bad year, but he was a good contributer for the last few years.

I wish him luck, but feel Ajax management is growing more and more incompetent each day that goes by where they aren't signing people to plug the holes in the back. That's nothing new I guess, though.
Actually, I think he's been better this season than he was last season. If I recall correctly, Van Geel attempted to re-sign him, but he refused (possibly because he was still upset about the way he was treated under the Ten Cate regime).

In any event, 3 million euros is a more than fair price for him. I wish him luck.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Evidently Atletico Madrid want Davids ,this week!!!

Well he might go in the summer when his contract is up but if this lot think we will release him this week they must be on another planet!!!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jan 25, 2008 8:06 pm

SPL schreef:Evidently Atletico Madrid want Davids ,this week!!!

Well he might go in the summer when his contract is up but if this lot think we will release him this week they must be on another planet!!!

Yeah I hope Ajax realizes this as well. I can't see him going this year, and I hope he's happy enough he won't leave even in the summer (When is his contract up?). I've said it before, but I think he's a huge difference-maker, not just in quality of play, but also how he makes the rest of the team play better. The last game against Utrecht is a perfect example.

I really think this whole season would be looking completely different had he not been out injured so long, and it makes me optimistic for the rest of the year, even if we don't solve our center-defense problems.He was a very integral (and to a lesser extent the same could be said of Leonardo and Perez) part that had been lacking for much of the year and I think the overall performance of the team reflects that.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Would agree with you Gordon. Davids contract is up in the summer but given that we have just paid him for 6 months when he was injured I think he owes us a good half season now and try and get that title back.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jan 26, 2008 12:32 pm

It's a bullshit rumour anyway : the article, as published by El Mundo Deportivo, only states that Altetico is looking for a player like Davids : they do not want to buy the one and only Davids, but a player with the same profile.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 26, 2008 8:19 pm

I kind of guessed that it was bullshit. There are so many rumours at present.Roll on Friday when the deadline passes.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » zo jan 27, 2008 7:04 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:It's a bullshit rumour anyway : the article, as published by El Mundo Deportivo, only states that Altetico is looking for a player like Davids : they do not want to buy the one and only Davids, but a player with the same profile.
Yeah, that's good news. Can't really see him going at this point in his career anyway.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 27, 2008 7:51 pm

With Kuffor about to sign we now have 32 first team squad. Sure one or two wont play ie Mitea Anita injuries and Manucharyan(who is he I hear you asking!! ) but we appear to be suffering from alot of quantity and not enough quality.
It will be very interesting to see if Silva is better than Ogararu come the end of this season for instance.

I have said before that all of the summer signings except for Suarez are not good enough but I am pleased that Perez is back.

Of the 32 only 5 will definately end up in the big 3 leagues ie Urby Heits Steks KJH all this summer and Suarez possibly next year if he keeps scoring goals.

We have some potential but I was just wondering who will be the next Dutch player at Ajax to make his debut for Holland!!!! Van d Weil and De Jong have both played one match for the U21's but other 19 year olds Sarpong Anita Goossens Donald have yet to progress that far.

This week we read that Engelaar and possibly Lindgren may be signed but
are they any better than what we have already ??

The first player I would get rid of would be Luque , who is our best paid player and cost us about £5m . He may have shown a bit of promise but he has now tailed off as he is just a sub , who does not always come on .
Today was the 3rd league game in a row he was unused sub !! The coach does not rate him !

These are just some random thoughts and I am sure some of you will shoot me down .

Basically apart from the senior Dutch guys here, all of whom are on their way this summer , we have a lot of untried youth with plenty of senior players who are not good enough !!

This summer , whether we are in the CL or not we need to have a good clear out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 30, 2008 12:18 pm

With Schilder on loan to Heracles that still leaves us with 32 first teamers.
Now we have finished buying maybe we might get rid of 1or2 more possibly on loan today or tomorrow.I still think a player like Sarpong need to go out and get a regular game rather than stay in the reserves.

Today's rumour is that Lazio want Ogararu and Mitea.With Silva signed I cannot see Ogararu staying but Mitea has hardly played for 2 years.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jan 30, 2008 2:00 pm

I think that, for a reason or another, the players who will not see more action in A-squad this season will be:

anita
sarpong
v.d heyden
mitea
manucharyan
krohn dehli

which means 26 players being the backbone of ajax. without ogararu that seems to have some clubs interested, 25. the right number.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Would not argue with your list Orange G. VdHeijden of course has only been in the first team squad for a couple of months due to long injury list.
His turn will come again next season as he looks good. I have said Sarpong
ought to loan out as he is not going to get any first team action much this season.

The others of course are either injured or in Maucharyan's case temporary fit until his next injury!

Plaats reactie