Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr okt 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Martin Jol was definitely fired by the way - he didn't quit. Ramos indicated yesterday afternoon that said he was prepared to join Spurs immediately, at which point it was bye-bye Martin.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr okt 26, 2007 6:27 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Martin Jol was definitely fired by the way - he didn't quit.
Yeah, that's what everyone is saying today. But last night the ITV4 commentators were saying he'd resigned.

That wouldn't make sense to me tbh. They treated him appallingly before the season had even started by speaking to Ramos so why resign and make things even easier for them?

Resignation = walk away with dignity but in this case after the way he was treated, sacking = walk away with dignity plus a wheelbarrow full of cash...
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr okt 26, 2007 6:35 pm

I first heard he had resigned too, which I thought was very odd. It was only a matter of time before he got fired (Ramos thing at the beginning of the year plus the poor results), and I don't see the point of resigning and forfeiting the cash when a firing was so imminent.

I can only suspect he was fired as well, and didn't resign, unless he is totally incompetent. I'm guessing the nature of the situation will get straightened out in the media shortly.

Regardless of the terms of his departure, I would rather not see him or van Basten take over at Ajax. I'd feel more comfortable with Jol based on his coaching experience, but still think we could find someone better.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za okt 27, 2007 11:43 am

Van Geel says that there's no talks between Ajax and Jol

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » za okt 27, 2007 5:57 pm

good, we'll wait for van Gaal
Appie, stay strong !

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » ma dec 03, 2007 9:31 pm

My personal opinion is that we should go for Jol...

It would finally be a good, good manager that has the full potential of returning us where we belong - to the top - and we all saw that Adrie Koster is rather not capable of doing the job on Sunday (although we shouldn't aim at him yet). Right now we are absolutely in the bottom of the European hierarchy and we can't step further downwards - but we can remain here and confirm this miserable status, so we need a good man with loads of experience to guide us back to glory and bring some happy days over to the Arena.

And an interesting thing:

Over here in Bulgaria there are rumors that Marco van Basten is unwilling to become the eventual next manager of Milan nor Barcelona, remaining open
only to Ajax, the 'real club of his heart'.

Hardly true but not impossible. Anyway considering the current performance of The Netherlands I would not want him to be our next man.

And the last thing - Adrie, don't be dishearted by this fucking home loss - just recover and keep the team going - you can do it and you have to, at least to keep Ajax's firepower on the Eredivisie front.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 03, 2007 11:50 pm

What has Jol showed that Koster hasn't? Where has Jol won anything?

Why should Koster be judged on the basis of one bad game? every manager has a stinker from time to time. You could make the same argument about Jol based on some of Spurs performances this season while he was still their coach.

I think that Ajax have played better this season under Koster than under HtC. I'm not saying they've been flawless, but they've done pretty well since Koster has taken over.

Quite frankly, I'm not thrilled about Jol or van Basten. I wouldn't mind seeing Adriaanse or van Gaal take over, but that's not happening right now.

Adrie deserves a chance to win his job, imo.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di dec 04, 2007 7:54 am

If you wish to compare Jol and Koster, perhaps you can look at their respective stints in charge of RKC.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo dec 05, 2007 12:25 am

It was announced today that van Basten has decided he will not renew his contract after Euro 2008. I'm sure this will fuel more speculation about Ajax. I think Koster has done well so far, so I say give him time, but if van Basten hints that he's interested in Ajax, you kind of get the feeling that Koster might only have between now and the end of the season to show that he's a better choice than van Basten.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo dec 05, 2007 10:03 am

van Basten means ambition, and that's we badly need and miss
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo dec 05, 2007 12:38 pm

philippe schreef:van Basten means ambition, and that's we badly need and miss
van Basten ='s another period of failure.

Foppe de Haan or Co ='s a period of success.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za jan 19, 2008 12:09 am

Co may be in need of some money....

According to World Soccer Adriaaanse has been ordered by FIFA to pay £1 million compenstation to Porto after he broke his contract without explanation 10 days before the start of the 2006-2007 season.

He's not hard up I'm sure but that's a whole lot of cash.......
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do jan 31, 2008 1:01 am

Well I've got a few thoughts. It's obvious that Koster will see out the season, but it also seems he's added pretty much nothing. He took RKC to relegation last season, so I have no idea why anyone expected much. From what little I can make out in the dutch zones they appear to be critical of his lack of character and spine. Fair enough. Given this season is shot to shit we can only hope that Ajax has a decent manager lined up for next season. Someone with a plan and the nerve to stick to the plan would be good. Even though few people have much faith in Van Basten and the way Holland plays at the moment, at least he takes no guff, and does things his way. That'd be a start.

Secondly, on Van Geel. On the face of it, it seems he built AZ by buying up the best of the rest in Holland, ie, the best players that the big 3 didn't want, and so, combined with a manager able to get the best out of these players, AZ moved up and became a force. Now he's at Ajax, and buying the exact same type of players as he did before, except now, as then, they are of sub-top quality, not the quality of an Ajax player. So, we've got average players playing with a wet blanket of a coach. Little wonder we're all over the shop.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 31, 2008 11:57 am

Van Geel / Jaakke and co. do not have the appropriate ambition as far as sport is concerned. It's just about making money with the buys and sells.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2008 12:50 pm

At least we are now getting decent money for our sales trouble is they are wasting it on crap like Luque.

I know he is not popular in Holland but Van Basten is the favourite for the job. The list is short as Co and Foppe must be on it plus Rijkaard possibly.
The club have to make the right choice and stick with him .

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jan 31, 2008 1:06 pm

SPL schreef:At least we are now getting decent money for our sales trouble is they are wasting it on crap like Luque.

I know he is not popular in Holland but Van Basten is the favourite for the job. The list is short as Co and Foppe must be on it plus Rijkaard possibly.
The club have to make the right choice and stick with him .
At least van Basten has some balls to tell it like it is. Some of the players need a decent clip behind the ear. van Basten can do that. He also knows the system. I'm not sure if he's the best choice (or if he even wants the job), but we could do much worse.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do jan 31, 2008 3:12 pm

Rijkaard told a Catalan journalist that he expects to be fired in the next few weeks. Other sources have said that Rijkaard wants to be fired. Either way he will be available next season should Ajax want him.

In seems that there are two factions within Ajax. One faction invited van Basten for talks without informing van Geel. The other faction (headed by van Geel) wants Rijkaard and/or Adriaanson. My favourite would be Rijkaard, followed by Ko. I think van Basten has looked pretty mediocre in his management career so far.[/i]

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 31, 2008 3:25 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:My favourite would be Rijkaard, followed by Ko.
You'd rather have Rijkaard than me? What does he have that I don't have?

My favourite would be Guus Hiddink. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

#2: Co Adriaanse

#3: Louis van Gaal

Rijkaard? Well... okay, if none of the above are available. Van Basten? That would be a f*cking disaster.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » do jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Adriaanse. :hupajax.gif: Unfinished business and all that.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jan 31, 2008 4:57 pm

Personally I don't rate Rijkaard. Bloody hell, I think I could even coach Barca to top 3, and the Dutch national side to 1/4 finals of tournaments.

I remember when he was in charge of Sparta...'nough said.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jan 31, 2008 5:24 pm

my favorite will be Louis van Gaal for the fun of watching the earthquake hit the Ajax management

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

L'Equipe (french sports newspaper) has Hiddink, Rijkaard and Van Basten as candidates for the job....
meh :|

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do jan 31, 2008 8:12 pm

carcajou schreef:L'Equipe (french sports newspaper) has Hiddink, Rijkaard and Van Basten as candidates for the job....
Hiddink??? That would be a miracle. That would be F*^king incredible though.

Bring it on...

:eusa_pray.gif:

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do jan 31, 2008 10:11 pm

I've mixed feelings for all those 5 guys... Even for Hiddink : that would be
really painful to consider him as the messiah with his background with psv.

But whoever is the coach, it would be really nice to have some stability...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr feb 01, 2008 12:52 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:I've mixed feelings for all those 5 guys... Even for Hiddink : that would be
really painful to consider him as the messiah with his background with psv.

But whoever is the coach, it would be really nice to have some stability...
You guys need to stop crying about all this PSV this, Feyenoord that, PSV background or whatever. It's just a matter of whether or not he's good at what he does. Stam played for PSV and Milan for a long time, and he was awesome for us. Let's stop looking at the labels. I honestly would rather have a good player or coach from Feyenoord than a piss-poor guy from the youth system.
meh :|

Plaats reactie