Ajax jerseys, kit sponsors

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jul 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:hmmm something tells me Huntelaar is not gonna stay here for next season....wrong thread ??? No !!! It was the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw the players wearing the shirt on the main page....Vermealen....De Jong...and Stecks...now i beg to ask why is the team captain missing ??? Looks like Ajax is saying something here...I remember that Chivu was once the player chosen to wear the new uniform and in two weeks time he was gone to Roma...I just wonder if im right on this...its just a hunch anyway...take it with a grain of salt.
Think it might also be to do with the fact that when the pics were taken for the kit bar goalkeeper pics, Huntelaar was at Euro 2008, so would not look too much into this
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jul 02, 2008 7:27 pm

OK, so I went along to the Adidas shop, just to look mind you, and then ended up buying the shirt :neutral.gif:

It is nice though, really classy look to it and the badge looks much better in reality than in the picture. Anyway, I'm probably one of the first in the country to have one so I feel a bit special :blush.gif: (it takes someone special I suppose to go window-shopping and then come away £45.00 lighter....)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 03, 2008 3:36 am

I like it. Reminds me of the shirts from yesteryear. No annoying three stripes on the sleeves. Nice solid red bar. This will be the first year in the last four that I buy home and away .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SydAjax
Contacteer:

Bericht door SydAjax » do jul 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Its not AWFUL, but they really could have done better with what they had to work with. What about the championship stars above the crest? Will they possibly show up later or are they gone? I always kind of liked them.

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo jul 06, 2008 4:33 am

I know all the dutchies have seen this but for us from abroad here is a nice showing of the new home kit....just scroll down a bit and press play...

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/foo ... age-2.html
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Mmmm not bad, but I don't really like the patch, I liked the sewn in design better. But alrght.
Get a Cock

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jul 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Here's the new rumoured away shirt:

Afbeelding

This was on Ajax Netwerk this morning. Apparently it's from a screenshot on Adidas' website. Can't say I'm really impressed with this one. Just looks like a typical overdone kit that's too busy without really saying anything.

It reminds me of the away kit from a few years ago, but this one is a much lighter blue. I like the light blue color better, but the white shoulder stripes don't seem to fit in. I definitely think the design needs to be more simple.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo jul 09, 2008 3:50 pm

em ya personally doesn't work well with me.

looks too much like a 3rd division or high school team kit.
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:em ya personally doesn't work well with me.

looks too much like a 3rd division or high school team kit.
It's not as good as the home kit, but then again, the home kit is the best kit in the world. :tifoajax.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo jul 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Looks like France's shirt to me.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jul 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Well it's a bit over-done isn't it? Then again, I wasn't sure about the home shirt until I actually saw it but I would have been happier with something a bit plainer, those shoulder stripes just don't look good and if we must have three Adidas Stripes then whats wrong with the classic all the way down the sleeve design such as with last years kit?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo jul 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Must say that I couldn't care less about the kit. They could wear their birthday suits for all I care as long as they bring the shield home in style this season. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 10, 2008 10:04 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

well, the Maoris manage to scare the opposition, maybe MVB could add this to his list of "Good Tactics"

:drecul.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:
34 will always be with us

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 10, 2008 10:14 am

According to a poll on Ajax Netwerk the fans do not like the new shirt. I don't give a living crap about that statistic. Ajax fans are always moaning, especially if anything changes.

Personally, I like the shirt. I think it looks great and the Aegon lettering is alright, too.

Yeah, I dig it.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 10, 2008 11:39 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Yeh, the shirt looks ok, but at €60 ..... too much!!

Hope you had a nice holiday Ko!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jul 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Well according to the Ajax Supporter's Club website, what I posted above is not the new away shirt. Hopefully, that's indeed the case as I think it looks pretty bad. Some other speculation, but I think we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out for sure.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 11, 2008 6:26 pm

If Ajax bring in a new defender or two to wear the new kit, I'll warm to it even more. The home shirt looks fine to me. I've said already that this will be the first time in four years that I buy home and away. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo jul 13, 2008 9:27 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:Well according to the Ajax Supporter's Club website, what I posted above is not the new away shirt. Hopefully, that's indeed the case as I think it looks pretty bad. Some other speculation, but I think we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out for sure.
Think that pic is actually a training shirt and I do know for a fact that the pic posted is not from any adidas website because of the style of the surround and the fact that adidas do not put info like new football shirts on internal websites for obvious reasons until the kit is officially released.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jul 22, 2008 10:05 pm

OK, here's the latest version of what is apparently going to be the new away shirt. This one at least looks like a proper Adidas shirt though whether it turns out to be the final design or not we'll have to wait and see.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ajax-08-9-Adidas- ... .m14.l1318

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di jul 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Looks close to one of the first ones posted. Interesting it has the same AJAX on the back collar as the new home shirt. I wish they would have kept the vertical XXX (and even put it on the away shirt) that was sewn into the back. It's one of those rare uniform design elements that actually meant something and wasn't just there for the sake of being there.

The one in the auction would be pretty sweet either way as it will either be a unique prototype, or the actual shirt without the Aegon logo. Too small for me, or I'd probably bid. The official release for the away shirt is Friday, so we'll know in a few days I guess.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo jul 23, 2008 12:05 am

Havent seen the shirt either but will be surprised if that is the exact top - about 90% of Ajax tops at moment have the adidas logo above the badge and guy does say it is a sample too. Although could be as near as damn what it looks like.

Very interesting thing is though that he is also selling on his other auctions - Reebok gear whom adidas own.

Daft lad has also placed his gmail address with what I assume is his real name - rather silly thing to do for a top not yet released.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 23, 2008 12:41 am

I find it hard to believe Aegon would become our shirt sponsor and not bother to put their name on the shirt. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Just checked on the latest new away shirt link; it's linked from AFCA Supporter's Club to at least three other sites, including this site. I like it. It'll definitely be different to have horizontal lettering.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr jul 25, 2008 7:49 am

I like the fact that the Ajax logo is embroidered on the new away shirt. The home shirt has a white badge.

It's nice enough. Alright by me.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jul 25, 2008 9:03 am

It's a nice training shirt...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Plaats reactie