Albert Luque Martos

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Would go along with that.I do not see us getting any transfer money back from him and given his wages I doubt one of the smaller Spanish clubs will be able to afford his salary. In a year's time with one year left on his contract we may have to buy him out !!! However I hope he proves me wrong and has a good season next year.

At least he was only given a3 year contract.

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » do mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Only? That's still 3 years too many in my eyes.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mei 09, 2008 1:23 pm

So...what's the deal with this guy?
Get a Cock

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » vr mei 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Make us proud and win the title in the Ajax reserve team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Does Marco rate him ?? After all he rates Colin!! Seriously if he does not rate him then he could just sit next year out and play litttle football. After all he spent 2 years at Newcastle and barely played.On paper one of the worst signings in football history 3 seasons now and barely a game played.

IMO if Marco does not want him and by August we cannot sell him I would pay him off. Sure it would cost us probably 3m euros but we should cut our losses.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Technical director Danny Blind has confirmed in the press that he has told Luque that he is no longer wanted at Ajax.

It's a bit of a weird affair: Luque himself has claimed that he wants to stay, and that Ajax have not told him that he will be deemed surplus to requirements next season.

Blind's reaction: "We no longer need him and I actually said that to Albert himself. I've informed him in person, so I really wouldn't know who else I should tell."

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jul 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Looks like a fucking circus to me...hmmmmm i think we have another Bogarde on our hands....
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 12, 2008 10:51 am

Has ben talk yesterday that Mallorca want him but I doubt they will want to
pay us very much. I read that Luque was regarded as very lazy by the staff at Ajax and only motivated by money.

I have a feeling we will be stuck with this guy for another year. At least next summer , with only 1 year to go on his contract we can hopefully off load him

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za jul 12, 2008 5:34 pm

I agree with SPL . I would only add that , If if he is motivated by money, Ajax should send a representative to some sunny Spanish vacation destination , suitcase with a big checque inside in hand, and pull a Pontius Pilate right then and there.

No sense allow this guy to take up space in the reserves when a young player could get a game. I think playing a lazy and potentially disgruntled Luque would be like our lads playing 10 v. 11.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » za jul 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I totally agree, he doesn't seem to fit into the plans or the team. His most memorable moment seems to be the bust up with Suarez that got them both benched. He's evident of the second biggest problem in the team, which I think is effort and just checking out in big games. I hope we can unload him, but doubt we'll be able to.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do jul 31, 2008 7:37 pm

Luque resists Mallorca return for Ajax stay

Albert Luque admits he may stay with Ajax this season.
Luque has been linked with a return to Real Mallorca, but says: "Several clubs from Spain have shown interest.

"For various reasons I've not seen offers arrive.

"Marco van Basten has great confidence in me. He says that I am an important player for Ajax.''

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do jul 31, 2008 7:40 pm

I found an interesting interview today from the spanish media. They ask Luque about his current situation in Ajax and he says that he is very happy and that Van Basten told him that he trusted him and believed he would be an important man for Ajax.
He also talks about Heitinga and describes him as the best player we had last season even when he wasn't fit.
I thought Van Basten didn't have Luque in his plans for this season so it's a bit of a surprise for me to hear how happy he is in Amsterdam these days. Anyways, here is the link for those of you who understand spanish.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbo ... ftb_61/Tes
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 31, 2008 8:06 pm

More a case that no other mugs will pay him £30000 per week .

At the moment none of the 8 players Ajax have said can go want to.We could end up with about 40 first team squad at the present rate.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Van basten schreef:"Marco van Basten has great confidence in me. He says that I am an important player for Ajax.''
Marco van Basten sure as hell did not say that. Both Van Basten and Blind have confirmed on TV that they told Luque (face-to-face) that he is no longer wanted at Ajax and that he can look out for a new club.

He's trying to stay for the money - that's crystal clear.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 01, 2008 12:50 am

I'd be happy too if I was able to collect his weekly wage packet and have to do the absolute bare minimum for it.

If it isn't financial suicide, Ajax should buy out the remaining contracts of those players deemed surplus to requirements.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamieem

Bericht door jamieem » vr aug 01, 2008 8:54 am

Maybe he doesn't want to lose face in the Spanish media? Either way, he's incredibly deluded, and will be lucky to get any playing time this season.
pour le monde, pas pour la guerre

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr aug 01, 2008 10:45 am

Would the Ajax fans join me to finance this man's trip out of here?
Get a Cock

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » vr aug 01, 2008 7:57 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Would the Ajax fans join me to finance this man's trip out of here?
Not unless Ten Cate agrees to personally pay half.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm

If MvB wants him gone, why is he playing him in all these preseason friendlies? To show him off?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 02, 2008 1:58 am

I think you hit the nail on the head Aveslacker. If there's even a small chance we won't be stuck with Luque, MvB is going to have to show that he is fit enough to play...play like crap probably...but play nonetheless.

I'd help with his ticket out, but I've made enough poor investment decisions in my life.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » wo aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Luque unhappy with Van Basten

Albert Luque has been made to train with the Ajax second team, with his father and agent claiming coach Marco van Basten has gone back on his word.

Van Basten has made it clear which players he wants to leave the club before the transfer window closes and Luque is on the list.

But the former Newcastle United flop's father Rafael is surprised by the situation following a meeting he had with Van Basten last week.

"The last time that we spoke was only last week," he told Marca. "Then the coach said that Albert was a very important member of the squad and that he had plenty more to give the team.

Makes no sense

"But unfortunately in football, what is one colour one day can always be different the next.

"We understand that Ajax want to build a squad with players of 20 or 21 because that is the philosophy of the club. We respect that approach, but it makes no sense to make a player that did so well last season now train with the second team.

"Nobody at the club has contacted Albert and officially told him that he will be training with them anyway, so tomorrow he will be going to work with the first team. Then we will see what happens."

Van Basten is keen to trim his squad and also wants to offload Kennedy Bakircioglu, Leonardo, George Ogararu and Dennis Rommedahl, although the quartet will remain with the first-team squad.

"We have been back at work for three weeks and all the players have had their chance," Van Basten said. "That time has allowed us to have an idea of what we want and now we know what the squad will be.

"The transfer market closes at the end of the month and I expect the matter of those players that we do not count on to be solved because my plan is to have just 24 to work with."

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

it makes no sense to make a player that did so well last season now train with the second team.
:drecul.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo aug 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Apparently Luque's father lives in a parallel universe where Danny Blind didn't say publicly that the team had no use for Luque.

And, apparently Luque played well in that same universe last season.

It's a shame that we don't live in that universe. I bet the parallel-reality Ajax is pretty good.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo aug 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Yeah I guess in his universe, he helped us win the Champion's League last year. I'm assuming that once he is "officially told" he'll be ready to give his all for the reserves :drecul.gif:

Sounds like it's time for him to get out and stop dragging his feet.
AFCA

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 06, 2008 5:42 pm

If the father thinks his son had a good season last year and is so good then he wont have a problem finding a new club.

We have had loads of poor overpriced players in recent years and won nothing so I am pleased that MVB is being ruthless .

Gesloten